Gunboat Diplomacy: Game over! England (Earthworm) wins!

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Gunboat Diplomacy, the diplomacy variant where you must negotiate with your moves, not with your words!

About The Game:

Diplomacy is game about making alliances, breaking alliances, and reforming old alliances to better your number of supply centers in the game. Playing the deaf mute will only get you so far before another country decides you are not worth the spaces you comprise of and crushes you for your land. You have to negotiate with other nations if you want to win. You must tell the whole truth and nothing but it while lying through your teeth to succeed in this game. Feelings will be hurt and grudges will be formed. Friends can be enemies, and enemies can be friends. Make your stab and pray it doesn't backfire.

A player is eliminated from the game when they no longer control any supply centers. Alternatively, a player can choose to forfeit (But that is lame and sissy and I will make sure you are made fun of for it!). This will leave his/her pieces on the board where they will hold or idle during every turn. Victory is achieved by a single player controlling 18 of the 34 supply centers OR if all of the remaining players agree to a tie. Diplomacy has 3 phases. Since this is online, you can talk to other nations any time you wish. The game begins in Spring of the year 1901 where you issue your first orders. After that turn is Fall 1901 and you issue your second round of orders. And finally the year ends in Winter 1901 where you either add or subtract to your total number of supply centers and in turn your army depending on how many you captured or lossed in Fall. Then the year begins anew with Spring 1902.

Even though this is a game of Diplomacy, you are never required to honor any promises you made to any nation. You are always out for yourself.

Rules
(these are not all the rules, please check the rulebook for further reading):
  • All units have the same strength
  • No two units may occupy the same space at the same time
  • An Army can be ordered to move into an adjacent inland or coastal province
  • A Fleet can be ordered to move to an adjacent water province or coastal province
  • Winter is a very short phase where players may only build or disband
  • You can only build in your Home Supply Centers
  • You cannot pass through Switzerland.
The following are not rules but are heavily discouraged

In addition to the standard rules shown in the hide tag, the additional rules for this game are:

• You cannot communicate with each other other outside of this thread.
  • Everyone's identity will be anonymous as in Earthworm's previous game. That is, the player list is private, and each player's identity will not be revealed until their elimination.
  • You may post in this thread to "discuss" the game, as long as you do not hint at or outright reveal whether you are playing or not and what country you are. By this token, it would also be wise to tone down on talking about strategy (which Earthworm's last game was riddled with). Basically, don't make any posts that are too serious. I am mainly keeping this thread open because it would be boring to leave it closed.

And with that, we have Spring 1901!

Players:

England
France - LonelyNess
Italy
Germany - Outlaw / askaninjask
Russia
Austria
Turkey

I will be PMing the people that signed up their country assignments now. After this, I will give you all 48 hours to send your orders in. Good luck!

I'll shut down the initial bids in 24 hours. I'll be able to have the minimum bid by then. Just say the minimum bid is factory value for the weapon of choice.

Ex: Pencil = 5 cents atm.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You're all so weak.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................like cyzir......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Spring 1901 Movement:

Orders:

Austria: Army Budapest -> Serbia
Austria: Fleet Trieste -> Venice
Austria: Army Vienna -> Galicia (*bounce*)

England: Fleet Edinburgh -> Norwegian Sea
England: Army Liverpool -> Yorkshire
England: Fleet London -> North Sea

France: Fleet Brest -> Mid-Atlantic Ocean
France: Army Marseilles -> Spain
France: Army Paris -> Picardy

Germany: Army Berlin -> Kiel
Germany: Fleet Kiel -> Denmark
Germany: Army Munich -> Ruhr

Italy: Fleet Naples -> Tyrrhenian Sea
Italy: Army Rome -> Tuscany
Italy: Army Venice -> Piedmont

Russia: Army Moscow -> Ukraine
Russia: Fleet Sevastopol -> Rumania
Russia: Fleet St Petersburg (south coast) -> Finland
Russia: Army Warsaw -> Galicia (*bounce*)

Turkey: Fleet Ankara -> Black Sea
Turkey: Army Constantinople -> Bulgaria
Turkey: Army Smyrna -> Armenia

It is now Fall 1901:

I will be giving you another 48 hours for Fall 1901 orders. Of course, if we continue at this pace, I will make the phases 24 hours. Get to it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)