Torterra (Synthesis)

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/torterra

Its time to reveal my little secret; Fuzznip and I have tested this set, so credits to him as well. Many people can attest to this sets effectiveness, I've used this a lot in the Duck-free metagame, and all I can say is that I am happy for testing out Synthesis because this has turned into a monster stall-killer. I don't have an appropriate name for it, so I just named it Synthesis, enjoy.

[SET]
name: Synthesis
move 1: Wood Hammer
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
move 4: Synthesis
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Torterra is normally seen utilizing an offensive set with Rock Polish, this set aims to conserve his health with Synthesis while also inflicting damage with his excellent type coverage; the combination of Grass, Ground, and Rock is only handled by Weezing, Tangrowth, and Leafeon in UU. This set is notoriously effective against unprepared stall teams that lack dedicated checks to Torterra. In addition to his offensive prowess, Torterra's typing gives him an immunity to Thunder Wave and a resistance to Earthquake, both of which allow him to switch into attacks more frequently.</p>

<p>Wood Hammer makes a fantastic move in tandem with Synthesis, as Synthesis allows Torterra to offset the damage taken from recoil. Torterra makes a great user of Earthquake as he frightens most Water- and Ground-types with Wood Hammer, who are the Pokemon who often switch into other common users of Earthquake. With that said, predicting a Flying-type switch-in and using Stone Edge or Rock Slide accordingly is an important skill to have when using this set. Selecting between Stone Edge and Rock Slide is essentially a choice between power and accuracy. Stone Edge allows Torterra to hit defensive Altaria and Articuno for heavier damage (possibly OHKOing them), while Rock Slide is a safer alternative that still OHKOes offensive Moltres.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leftovers and Life Orb are your item choices, and they both have their own merits. Leftovers allows Torterra to bluff a defensive set, allowing him to hit defensive Pokemon who casually switch in for heavy damage. On the other hand, Life Orb secures an OHKO on defensive Milotic and has a higher chance of OHKOing Slowbro; however, it might deplete Torterra's HP too fast in conjunction with Wood Hammer’s recoil.</p>

<p>Leafeon, Tangrowth, and Weezing are problematic for this set. Leafeon and Tangrowth can take a Stone Edge while shutting down Torterra with Swords Dance + Leaf Blade and Hidden Power Ice, respectively. Weezing can switch into Torterra's STAB moves with impunity and strike back with Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp. Moltres makes an excellent offensive partner alongside Torterra, as it can safely switch into Torterra's counters and scare them with a STAB Fire Blast. Should your opponent run an offensive Leafeon instead of a defensive one, Registeel is a better answer since a Swords Danced Life Orb Return can OHKO Moltres. If you plan on using Moltres as your dedicated check to the aforementioned threats, Rapid Spin support is required.</p>

<p>Moltres can beat this set if played correctly since it can switch into three-fourths of the moveset easily. It is advised that you run a bulky Water-type with a reliable recovery move to effectively combat Moltres for the entire match. Milotic and Slowking make excellent Moltres counters and also resist Torterra's Fire- and Ice-type weaknesses. Using Stealth Rock is also a good idea since it restricts Moltres's switch-in opportunities.
</p>

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Torterra is normally seen utilizing an offensive set with Rock Polish, this set aims to conserve its health with Synthesis, while also inflicting damage with its excellent type coverage; a combination of Grass, Ground, and Rock is only resisted by the uncommon Weezing, Tangrowth, and Leafeon in UU. This set is notoriously effective against unprepared stall teams that lack dedicated checks to Torterra. In addition to its offensive prowess, Torterra's typing and bulk give it a desirable immunity to Thunder Wave and resistance to Earthquake, ultimately allowing it to switch into attacks more frequently.</p>

<p>Wood Hammer makes a fantastic move in tandem with Synthesis, as Torterra can easily replenish its health from the recoil. Torterra makes a fantastic Earthquake user as it can frighten most Water-types who will often switch into Earthquake with Wood Hammer. With that said, predicting a Flying-type switch-in is the likely situation, which ultimately makes predicting much easier on your part. Selecting between Stone Edge and Rock Slide is essentially a cross between power and accuracy. Stone Edge allows Torterra to hit defensive Altaria and Articuno for harder damage, possibility OHKOing them, while Rock Slide makes a safer alternative to hit offensive Moltres for the OHKO.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leftovers and Life Orb are your item choices, and they both have their own merits. Leftovers allows Torterra to effectively bluff a defensive set, allowing Torterra to hit defensive Pokemon who casually decide to switch in for hard damage. Life Orb, on the other hand, might dwindle Torterra's HP too fast in conjunction with Wood Hammer, but it's true purpose is to secure a OHKO on defensive Milotic and score a high chance of OHKOing Slowbro.</p>

<p>Leafeon, Tangrowth, and Weezing are problematic for this set; Leafeon and Tangrowth can take a Stone Edge, while they can shut down Torterra with Toxic and Hidden Power Ice respectively; Weezing can switch into Torterra's STAB with impunity and can strike it with Fire Blast or weaken its physical hits with Will-O-Wisp. Moltres makes an excellent offensive partner alongside Torterra, as it can safely switch into Torterra's counters and scare them with a STAB Fire Blast. However, Rapid Spin support is required if you plan to use Moltres as a dedicated check to the aforementioned Pokemon.</p>

<p>Moltres can beat this set if played correctly since it can switch into 3/4 moves of this set quite easily. It is advised that you run a bulky Water with a reliable recovery move to reliably combat Moltres the entire match. Milotic and Slowking make excellent Moltres checks. Using Stealth Rock might be a good idea as well since it can effectively restrict Moltres's opportunities to switch in.</p>

Grass Ground and Rock are only resisted by the uncommon Weezing, Tangrowth, and Leafeon in UU.
None of these pokemon actually resist rock... you may want to mention

They are just counters for Torterra

Great set, though... I've had it used against me and it can be quite annoying to face. I'd say rock slide is the best option in the third slot because accuracy is what a more conservative pokemon wants to use, and with SR and life orb, the standard 72 HP Altaria falls to a rock slide after one use of its life orb (Altaria outspeeds so Torterra doesn't have to worry about the extra power)... Other pokemon Torterra OHKOs easily with rock slide are Swellow, Charizard, Scyther, and Moltres... in other words, all of the UU Flying types except Drifblim who isn't that common. And, yes I know Charizard is NU, but it still is viable in UU. All of these pokemon besides Altaria you have to catch on the switch in, so the extra power comng from stone edge is really redundant, and a potential miss could really make you feel like crap after you just made a good prediction.

Also, there is no way you would even be staying in on pokemon like meganium, leafeon, weezing, and tangrowth as well as the other bulky grassers so the extra power from stone edge isn't going to help you with much regarding those pokemon either

Basically, there isn't a pokemon worth Stone Edge's extra power when compared to rock slide.

I think substitute should be an option over synthesis. Substitute gives you a protection against status and you no longer need to predict. With a Sub up, something is almost always going down unless the opponent has Leafeon, Tangrowth, or Weezing. With Substitute, opponents are forced to switch around just to get rid of the substitute. Since Torterra causes a lot of switches thanks to its typing, movepool, and T-Wave immunity , getting a sub up is easy.

I was doing a write up for this set but I wasn't remotely close to being done, so I'll remove it from my update that I'm writing.

I definitely agree with IK that Substitute can be slashed into this set because they are both slower offensive Torterra sets that aim to capitalize on its resistances / typing. also, I think Life Orb / Leftovers is the way to go on this because the extra kick is really useful against lots of defensive pokemon, especially those you don't hit super effectively. Synthesis preserves HP anyways, and I wouldn't think a Leftovers Torterra was defensive unless I did low damage to it because of all of the Sub + Leftovers + 252 Attack EV Torterra going around.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just from personal experience, Leftovers is the supreme option over Life Orb. This allows Torterra to turn into a reliable switch in to Earthquakes and whatnot. Earthquake + Wood Hammer is hurting a lot of stuff even with Leftovers, but then again Life Orb is always listed as an option if you want to hurt Slowbro and Milotic harder.

Putting Substitute really takes away the purpose of this set, which is stall-breaking with Synthesis. They both play differently. Besides, hyu has one written-up already.

Yea I've tested them both they are very different sets, the Sub + 3 Attacks doesn't even use the Speed because it's fucking over offense while this set is fucking over stall.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really don't see the need to give Rock Slide a slash. Your basically referring to the power vs accuracy argument when that argument applies for every other Poke which always end up in Rock Slide only getting a mention in Optional Changes. The only exception is Aerodactyl, who doesn't need Stone Edge's extra power, really needs the accuracy to break the opponent's Sash, and really appreciates the 30% flinch rate to potentially stop the opposing suicide lead from setting up SR. The only real reason that Torterra would appreciate the accuracy more than any other Pokemon is to hit Moltres, Scyther, and Swellow, but given that's only viable on the switch in, meaning it's prediction based, the reason means very little. Even the Rock Polish and Substitute sets don't have Rock Slide mentioned (at least for now), and they would make better use of Rock Slide due to threatening the aforementioned threats much more reliably.

With non CB Torterra, Rock Slide is really > Stone Edge because it gets the KOes needed. However, Stone Edge grants spread damage and at least a way to dent some Grass-types (like Sceptile). That's why it should only be slashed, but it still should be slashed imo.

I will be adding Rock Slide into the full revamp as well.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
With non CB Torterra, Rock Slide is really > Stone Edge because it gets the KOes needed. However, Stone Edge grants spread damage and at least a way to dent some Grass-types (like Sceptile). That's why it should only be slashed, but it still should be slashed imo.

I will be adding Rock Slide into the full revamp as well.
With the KOs, Rock Slide doesn't OHKO Altaria with SR if Torterra holds Leftovers, whilst Stone Edge will. Leftovers Rock Slide also won't OHKO Articuno and SubRoost Moltres without SR (and most players will try very hard to spin SR away before sending their legendary bird in). If Rock Slide is going to stay slashed, it's fine, but state that it shouldn't be used with Leftovers.

With the KOs, Rock Slide doesn't OHKO Altaria with SR if Torterra holds Leftovers, whilst Stone Edge will. Leftovers Rock Slide also won't OHKO Articuno and SubRoost Moltres without SR (and most players will try very hard to spin SR away before sending their legendary bird in). If Rock Slide is going to stay slashed, it's fine, but state that it shouldn't be used with Leftovers.
Fair enough, it's not like Altaria and Articuno are common, but it still makes sense. I agree with this.

I'll do it:

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Torterra is normally seen utilizing an offensive set with Rock Polish, this set aims to conserve its health with Synthesis, while also inflicting damage with its excellent type coverage; Grass, Ground, and, Rock are only handled by the uncommon Weezing, Tangrowth, and Leafeon in UU. This set is notoriously effective against unprepared stall teams that lack dedicated checks to Torterra. In addition to its offensive prowess, Torterra's typing and bulk give it a desirable immunity to Thunder Wave and resistance to Earthquake, ultimately allowing it to switch into attacks more frequently.</p>

<p>Wood Hammer makes a fantastic move in tandem with Synthesis, as Torterra can easily replenish its health from the recoil. Torterra makes a fantastic Earthquake user as it can frighten most Water-types who will often switch into Earthquake with Wood Hammer. With that said, predicting a Flying-type switch-in is the likely situation, which ultimately makes predicting much easier on your part. Selecting between Stone Edge and Rock Slide are essentially a cross between power and accuracy. Stone Edge allows Torterra to hit defensive Altaria and Articuno for harder damage, possibility OHKOing them, while Rock Slide makes a safer alternative to hit offensive Moltres for the OHKO.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leftovers and Life Orb are your item choices, and they both have their own merits. Leftovers allows Torterra to effectively bluff a defensive set, allowing Torterra to hit defensive Pokemon who casually decide to switch in for hard damage. On the other hand, Life Orb might dwindle Torterra's HP too fast in conjunction with Wood Hammer, but it's true purpose is to secure a OHKO on defensive Milotic and score a high chance of OHKOing Slowbro.</p>

<p>Leafeon, Tangrowth, and Weezing are problematic for this set; Leafeon and Tangrowth can take a Stone Edge, while they can shut down Torterra with Toxic and Hidden Power Ice respectively; Weezing can switch into Torterra's STAB moves with impunity and can strike it with Fire Blast or weaken its physical hits with Will-O-Wisp. Moltres makes an excellent offensive partner alongside Torterra, as it can safely switch into Torterra's counters and scare them with a STAB Fire Blast. However, Spin support is required if you plan to use Moltres as a dedicated check to the aforementioned Pokemon.</p>

<p>Moltres can beat this set if played correctly since it can switch into 3/4 moves of this set quite easily. It is advised that you run a bulky Water with a reliable recovery move to reliably combat Moltres the entire match. Milotic and Slowking make excellent Moltres checks. Using Stealth Rock might be a good idea as well since it can effectively restrict Moltres's opportunities to switch in.</p>

Red means get rid of and Bold means add.

prob missed some errors but it looks good so far.

( If you can't see the red, it's The comma right before Rokc in the first paragraph of set comments)

Just two things:

<p>Leftovers and Life Orb are your item choices, and they both have their own merits. Leftovers allows Torterra to effectively bluff a defensive set, allowing Torterra to hit defensive Pokemon who casually decide to switch in for hard damage. On the other hand, Life Orb might dwindle Torterra's HP too fast in conjunction with Wood Hammer, but its true purpose is to secure a OHKO on defensive Milotic and score a high chance of OHKOing Slowbro.</p>
The second is a typo (should be "its"); for the first did you mean offensive Pokemon?

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Torterra is normally seen utilizing an offensive set with Rock Polish, this set aims to conserve his health with Synthesis while also inflicting damage with his excellent type coverage; Grass, Ground, and Rock are only handled by Weezing, Tangrowth, and Leafeon in UU. This set is notoriously effective against unprepared stall teams that lack dedicated checks to Torterra. In addition to his offensive prowess, Torterra's typing and bulk give it a desirable immunity to Thunder Wave and resistance to Earthquake, ultimately allowing it to switch into attacks more frequently.</p>

<p>Wood Hammer makes a fantastic move in tandem with Synthesis, as Torterra can easily replenish his lost health from the recoil. Torterra makes a great [Word repetition.] Earthquake user as he can frighten most Water- and Ground-types who will often switch into Earthquake with Wood Hammer. With that said, predicting a Flying-type switch-in is the likely situation you will encounter, which ultimately makes predicting with this set much easier on your part. Selecting between Stone Edge and Rock Slide are essentially a cross between power and accuracy. Stone Edge allows Torterra to hit defensive Altaria and Articuno for heavier damage, possibly OHKOing them, while Rock Slide makes a safer alternative to hit offensive Moltres for the OHKO.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leftovers and Life Orb are your item choices and they both have their own merits. Leftovers allows Torterra to effectively bluff a defensive set, allowing him to hit defensive Pokemon who casually decide to switch in for hard damage. On the other hand, Life Orb might dwindle Torterra's HP too fast in conjunction with Wood Hammer, but its true purpose is to secure an OHKO on defensive Milotic and score a high chance of OHKOing Slowbro.</p>

<p>Leafeon, Tangrowth, and Weezing are problematic to this set. Leafeon and Tangrowth can take a Stone Edge while shutting down Torterra with Toxic and Hidden Power Ice, respectively. Weezing can switch into Torterra's STAB moves with impunity and can strike him back with Fire Blast or weaken its physical hits with Will-O-Wisp. Moltres makes an excellent offensive partner alongside Torterra, as it can safely switch into Torterra's counters and scare them with a STAB Fire Blast. However, Rapid Spin support is required if you plan to use Moltres as a dedicated check to the aforementioned Pokemon.</p>

<p>Moltres can beat this set if played correctly since it can switch into 3/4 moves of this set quite easily. It is advised that you run a bulky Water with a reliable recovery move to effectively combat Moltres the entire match. Milotic and Slowking make excellent Moltres checks and also resist Torterra's Fire- and Ice-type weaknesses. Using Stealth Rock might be a good idea as well since it can restrict Moltres's opportunities to switch in.</p>

This is a great set and write-up. :)

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Torterra is normally seen utilizing an offensive set with Rock Polish, this set aims to conserve his health with Synthesis while also inflicting damage with his excellent type coverage; Grass, Ground, and Rock are only handled by Weezing, Tangrowth, and Leafeon in UU. This set is notoriously effective against unprepared stall teams that lack dedicated checks to Torterra. In addition to his offensive prowess, Torterra's typing and bulk give him a desirable immunity to Thunder Wave and resistance to Earthquake, ultimately allowing him to switch into attacks more frequently.</p>

<p>Wood Hammer makes a fantastic move in tandem with Synthesis, as Torterra can easily replenish his lost health from the recoil. Torterra makes a great Earthquake user as he can frighten most Water- and Ground-types, who will often switch into Earthquake,[slightly ambiguous] with Wood Hammer. With that said, predicting a Flying-type switch-in is a situation you will likely encounter, which ultimately makes predicting with this set much easier on your part.[I don't really understand what you mean here] Selecting between Stone Edge and Rock Slide is essentially a choice between power and accuracy. Stone Edge allows Torterra to hit defensive Altaria and Articuno for heavier damage, possibly OHKOing them, while Rock Slide makes a safer alternative to hit offensive Moltres for the OHKO.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leftovers and Life Orb are your item choices, and they both have their own merits. Leftovers allows Torterra to effectively bluff a defensive set, allowing him to hit defensive Pokemon who casually decide to switch in for hard damage. On the other hand, Life Orb secures an OHKO on defensive Milotic and has a higher chance of OHKOing Slowbro; however, it might dwindle Torterra's HP too fast in conjunction with Wood Hammer.</p>

<p>Leafeon, Tangrowth, and Weezing are problematic to this set. Leafeon and Tangrowth can take a Stone Edge while shutting down Torterra with Toxic[setting up with Swords Dance + Leaf Blade seems more appropriate] and Hidden Power Ice, respectively. Weezing can switch into Torterra's STAB moves with impunity and can strike him back with Fire Blast or weaken its physical hits with Will-O-Wisp. Moltres makes an excellent offensive partner alongside Torterra, as it can safely switch into Torterra's counters [not entirely accurate as offensive leafeon OHKOes with +2 Return] and scare them with a STAB Fire Blast. However, Rapid Spin support is required if you plan to use Moltres as a dedicated check to the aforementioned Pokemon.</p>

<p>Moltres can beat this set if played correctly since he can switch into 3/4 of the moveset quite easily. It is advised that you run a bulky Water with a reliable recovery move to effectively combat Moltres the entire match. Milotic and Slowking make excellent Moltres checks and also resist Torterra's Fire- and Ice-type weaknesses. Using Stealth Rock might be a good idea as well since it can restrict Moltres's opportunities to switch in.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Torterra is normally seen utilizing an offensive set with Rock Polish, this set aims to conserve his health with Synthesis while also inflicting damage with his excellent type coverage; the combination of Grass, Ground, and Rock is only handled by Weezing, Tangrowth, and Leafeon in UU. This set is notoriously effective against unprepared stall teams that lack dedicated checks to Torterra. In addition to his offensive prowess, Torterra's typing gives him an immunity to Thunder Wave and resistance to Earthquake, allowing him to switch into attacks more frequently.</p>

<p>Wood Hammer makes a fantastic move in tandem with Synthesis, as Synthesis allows Torterra to replenish health from recoil. Torterra makes a great Earthquake user as he frightens most Water- and Ground- types, who often switch into other common users of Earthquake, with Wood Hammer. With that said, predicting a Flying-type switch-in and using Stone Edge or Rock Slide accordingly is an important skill to have when using this set [I have no idea what the hell happened with the sentences here but I just deleted them cause they were unnecessarily long (from what I pieced back together) and added my own phrase]. Selecting between Stone Edge and Rock Slide is essentially a choice between power and accuracy. Stone Edge allows Torterra to hit defensive Altaria and Articuno for heavier damage (possibly OHKOing them), while Rock Slide is a safer alternative that OHKOes offensive Moltres.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leftovers and Life Orb are your item choices, and they both have their own merits. Leftovers allows Torterra to bluff a defensive set, allowing him to hit defensive Pokemon who casually switch in for heavy damage. On the other hand, Life Orb secures an OHKO on defensive Milotic and has a higher chance of OHKOing Slowbro; however, it might deplete Torterra's HP too fast in conjunction with Wood Hammer’s recoil.</p>

<p>Leafeon, Tangrowth, and Weezing are problematic for this set. Leafeon and Tangrowth can take a Stone Edge while shutting down Torterra with Swords Dance + Leaf Blade and Hidden Power Ice, respectively. Weezing can switch into Torterra's STAB moves with impunity and strike back with Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp. Moltres makes an excellent offensive partner alongside Torterra, as it can safely switch into Torterra's counters and scare them with a STAB Fire Blast. Should your opponent run an offensive Leafeon instead of a defensive one, Registeel is a better answer since a boosted Life Orb Return can OHKO Moltres. If you plan on using Moltres as your dedicated check to the aforementioned threats, Rapid Spin support is strongly required.</p>

<p>Moltres can beat this set if played correctly since it can switch into three-fourths of the moveset easily. It is advised that you run a bulky Water with a reliable recovery move to effectively combat Moltres for the entire match. Milotic and Slowking make excellent Moltres counters and also resist Torterra's Fire- and Ice-type weaknesses. Using Stealth Rock is also a good idea since it restricts Moltres's switch-in opportunities.</p>

even though Eo just checked this and he’s on the GP team, I made quite a few prose changes so another check would be nice. I’ll upload after the next check.

Additions in bold, removals in red.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Torterra is normally seen utilizing an offensive set with Rock Polish, this set aims to conserve his health with Synthesis while also inflicting damage with his excellent type coverage; the combination of Grass, Ground, and Rock is only handled by Weezing, Tangrowth, and Leafeon in UU. This set is notoriously effective against unprepared stall teams that lack dedicated checks to Torterra. In addition to his offensive prowess, Torterra's typing gives him an immunity to Thunder Wave and a resistance to Earthquake, both of which allowing him to switch into attacks more frequently.</p>

<p>Wood Hammer makes a fantastic move in tandem with Synthesis, as Synthesis allows Torterra to replenish offset the damage taken from damage recoil. Torterra makes a great user of Earthquake user as he frightens most Water- and Ground- types with Wood Hammer, who are the ones that often switch into other common users of Earthquake., with Wood Hammer. With that said, predicting a Flying-type switch-in and using Stone Edge or Rock Slide accordingly is an important skill to have when using this set. Selecting between Stone Edge and Rock Slide is essentially a choice between power and accuracy. Stone Edge allows Torterra to hit defensive Altaria and Articuno for heavier damage (possibly OHKOing them), while Rock Slide is a safer alternative that still OHKOes offensive Moltres.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon, Tangrowth, and Weezing are problematic for this set. Leafeon and Tangrowth can take a Stone Edge while shutting down Torterra with Swords Dance + Leaf Blade and Hidden Power Ice, respectively. Weezing can switch into Torterra's STAB moves with impunity and strike back with Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp. Moltres makes an excellent offensive partner alongside Torterra, as it can safely switch into Torterra's counters and scare them with a STAB Fire Blast. Should your opponent run an offensive Leafeon instead of a defensive one, Registeel is a better answer since a boosted Life Orb Return can OHKO Moltres. If you plan on using Moltres as your dedicated check to the aforementioned threats, Rapid Spin support is strongly required.</p>

<p>Moltres can beat this set if played correctly since it can switch into three-fourths of the moveset easily. It is advised that you run a bulky Water-type with a reliable recovery move to effectively combat Moltres for the entire match. Milotic and Slowking make excellent Moltres counters and also resist Torterra's Fire- and Ice-type weaknesses. Using Stealth Rock is also a good idea since it restricts Moltres's switch-in opportunities.
</p>

Excellently written set. It's definitely ready for upload after my sparse suggestions are fixed.

GP Check 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)