Team Triple Intimidate (OU RMT)

Hello everyone and welcome to my first RMT!
Unlike most players who starts with OU and then make their way into other metagames I started with UU, went on to Ubers, dabbled in NU and now trying out OU. I have dabbled in OU at times inbetween the other metagames but I have always ended up sucking pretty hard.

Anyways this team is probably the first decent OU team I have made in Gen4 and I have been having alot of fun with it and Im hoping that you guys can help me improve it to make it the best it can be.

Team at a glance:

And the individual team members: (Changes are bolded)

Infernape@Focus Sash
Blaze
Timid
4HP/252Spe/252SpA
~Grass Knot
~Fire Blast
~Stealth Rock
~Fake Out
Comments:
First thing I knew was that I didn't want a suicide lead, I wanted one that could function somewhat outside of his lead role and after skimming the sites pokedex I found the LeadApe set that I ran with. After playing with the team a couple of days I noticed I had very little use of Close Combat and I met Swamperts EVERYWHERE so I decided to remove CC and give him Grass knot instead, remove the Atk EVs and change his nature. He's been working very well defeating alot of common leads and most Heathrans fears Close Combat and switch out giving me time to use SR and even if they dont Infernape have atleast done his main job putting down SR.

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Sand Stream
Adamant
160HP/252Atk/96Spe
~Aqua Tail
~Stone Edge
~Crunch
~Pursuit

Comments:
This guy is the reason I made this team to start with, I simply wanted to use Tyranitar in his natural habitat. I was first thinkin about going with the ScarfTar set but looking at his stats I just had to do the overkill and try to use CB, expecting to change it within 5 games. Luckily for me it turned out that CBtar is a BEAST! This guy seriously dents ANYTHING even things that resists his attacks. I often to try keep this guy hidden becuse of sandstream as to not negate Gyarados and Hitmontops Leftovers.
He either helps the others to sweep by denting the opposing team with his overpowered attacks (especially that cursed Latias) or at times sweeps on his own.
I have considering moving some EVs into SpDef to take advantage of sandstream but Im not sure how much and what it would accomplish as I truly SUCK at math. I have also been thinking about replacing Aqua Tail with Earthquake since the main reason I picked AT is becuse of Hippodow and I hardly ever see the hippo.

Salamence@Life Orb
Intimidate
Rash
80HP/176Spe/252SpA
~Draco Meteor
~Brick Break
~Flamethrower
~Roost

Comments:
I really hated Salamence, he's ugly, everyone uses him and he makes people use Dragonite less. But since I was trying to actually make a good team here I just had to try him to see what everyone was raving about.
Oh sweet flying pasta monster! This guy is a MONSTER! It's the standard wall breaking set from the site and I don't think I have to tell you guys that this guy creates holes in teams like nobodys bussiness. Draco Meteor is to hit random shit for HUGE damage, Flamethrower to hit those annoying steels and Brick Break is for Blissey,Heatran and Tyranitar mainly. I hardly get the chance to use Roost though (it have won me a few games) so Im thinking about replacing it but Im not sure with what.

Hitmontop@Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant
252HP/252Atk/4Def
~Close Combat
~Rapid Spin
~Foresight
~Sucker Punch

Comments:
The only UU member of my team and my favorite as well. Hitmontop takes hits from random dark and rock attacks thrown at my party like a champ, encourages switches with Intimidate,Spins away nasty entry hazard (IN YOUR FACE ROTOM!), hits Tyranitar hard with Close Combat and kills offensive ghosts like Gengar outright.And as an added bonus he can late game sweep himself if needed. If Hitmontop dies early my team really fears the popular Scarftar so I try and keep him alive as long as possible.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant
156HP/72Atk/96Def/184Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Stone Edge
~Taunt

Comments:
I had heard about bulky DD Gyarados from friends and thought it sounded really weird so I just had to try and HOT DAMN pancakes he's a monster.
He can get 1 or two DDs up with NO problem thanks to his bulk and after that..well it's either a win or clean up time for another member of the team.
Main problem Im having with this guy is his 4x weakness to Electric attacks and having no resists to it making it really hard to get others in safe to save his flying ass. Oh and he can make life pain for a "couple" of pokes such as Skarmory with Taunt..god I love Taunt.

Jirachi@Light Clay
Serene Grace
Careful
252HP/100Def/156SpDef
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~U-Turn
~Wish

Comments:
This guy used to be a defensive Empoleon but he didnt really work out well so I went looking for a new Steel type and fell in love with this guy.
Reflect and Light Screen makes it even easier to set up with Gyarados and makes Tyranitars rampage really hard to stop if the opponents remaining pokemons lacks fighting attacks. Wish is always a good move to have and really helps Tyranitar,Gyarados and Hitmontop to continue with their work.

Problems that I need help solving:
Electric attacks- anyone knows a good ground type that would fit this team? Who should I remove to make room for him?

Grass Knot- Hits plenty of my pokes pretty hard and the only one that can realibly take hits from it is Jirachi

And thanks for reading and I look forward to any tips on how to improve my team so rip my team a new one for me!

PS: English isn't my native language so Im sorry for any mistakes.

Your team looks pretty solid, although, I have two comments. Where's Infernape's fourth move? I assume you have one and forgot to type it but depending on what it is depends on what it can take out.

Also, if you don't like Sandstream negating your Leftovers you could use Choice Band Scizor over Tyranitar. Scizor can still take out things like Latias and Gengar, that could ruin you fun trying to sweep with Gyarados, and it can still dent things with U-turn. Salemence is already an effective Stall breaker, so you don't necessarily need Tyranitar to puch holes in things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)