The Seattle VGC, Sammy's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over at the Seattle VGC, it was REALLY fun and exciting! The winner (of course) was Paul.

I'll be adding more information to this post, so please check constantly!

HERE'S THE LINK TO WATCH THE FINALS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-BOVqlRFWo

So basically, here's the line:

There was literally over 500 people. if you are going to a VGC event, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET THERE an hour early. The line will be long, trust me.

Here's me with my two friends:

Oh, and here's gold, being humped by Jade (a new friend i made at the VGC).

The whole place was set up like this:

As you beat more people, the more you progress onto the right. You start off with Green, Purple, Orange, then finally yellow.

To start off, you get into a line and you wait until a staff member registers you. Then they proceed to give you a wristband. THEY ALSO GIVE YOU AN EXCLUSIVE BLACK "HEART GOLD&SOUL SILVER" BAG! MAKE SURE YOU GET IT! Afterward, they lead you to a table.

They also give you this slip of paper. Every time you beat an opponent, you would advance to the next color. A staff member would always circle if you won or not.

OHH THERE WAS ALSO A DANCING PIKACHU THAT WAS FREAKKIN AWESOMMEEEEE! (Picture of me and all my friends at the VGC)

I <3 Hentei

Here's my friend Joey, losing to a small asian chick (right). She was really nice :3

And there was Team Rocket too.

Merriland was at the event. Here's a pic of him, along with Paul (Zerowing) in the background. It's blurry, I know. I didn't want Paul or Merriland to think I was a creeper.

Oh, and an announcer guy came up to my "group" and asked if we would be able to dance with Pikachu for a dance-off thingy. We agreed, and he said it'll be up on the internet... I wonder where it is :/

Here's some videos on the semi-finals and finals. Enjoy!

Quacking for the finalists since they were from the Mighty Ducks group; the "countdown"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHJRVN9-H_Y

Pictures are being uploaded/edited atm. So please wait, my darling ^^

edit: pics may take longer than expected

How did you loose in the first round. Your team seemed pretty good from your RMT. Are you going to post a play by play or video?

I lost in the first round due to a man named BERTEN

He was REALLY good! REALLY!

Oh, btw, the pictures are taking a loooong time for some reason... most likely because it's really big ;-;

@Werecario I don't have a video of me battling, because i was about to cry... But the guy who beat me said I was really really sweet and nice. So that made me feel better :). I will post videos on the semifinal, semi-semifinals, and finals

Yes, I did have fun. It was well worth it!

Sorry for the slow update on photos everyone! Images load sooo slowly ;-;

At first I thought this was a joke because you put words instead of actual pics, lol.

Sounds like you had fun...well, except the whole...losing first round thing.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm really glad you had a good time. Great story. Can't wait for the pictures.

Timess, dude, I TOTALLY SAW YOU!

You both looked at each other, then turned away. It was at the champion's ceremony at the end.

Really? Were you the guy with all the people jumping with Pikachu?
If so, sorry, cause I kinda thought that wasn't you...
I didn't really want to make sure... just in case you weren't you...

Hehe, yes I was jumping with Pikachu ^_^

Yeah I totally thought someone was Feathers, and when I went up to them and asked if they were from smogon, they said "Umm.. I don't have an account there".

It was really embarrassing.

Yeah I totally thought someone was Feathers, and when I went up to them and asked if they were from smogon, they said "Umm.. I don't have an account there".

Owned.

WTB Vids though!!!!

Sounds like you had fun. Hopefully my time at the VGC is just as fun.

Okay, the photos are uploading along with the youtube videos. I'm going out to get some soup, and I'll be back and post all my pictures and videos.

Give me like.. an hour.

Oh, okay, I'm sorry. Just, I didn't want something like what happened to you, happen to me, with a bunch of other people, I don't know.

Anyway, I got it for next year. So, how was your match?

My one and only match went by really quickly.

Here's what he (Berten) ran:

Dusknoir
~Sunny Day
~Trick Room
~???
~???

Smergle
~Explode
~???
~???
~???

Heatran w/ Flash Fire
~Solar Beam
~Heat Wave
~???
~???

Sunflora
~???
~???
~???
~???

Basically he used explode on smergle on the first turn. Then he proceded to rape the rest of my team with only those moves.

Eh.. Oh well.

The team, didn't do well against fire to start out with. Bad match ups happen once in a while. And then, there is always next year.

Hopefully next year, the smogon community should do a little costplay.. Such as we all dress up as Team Galactic or maybe just wear a Smogon pin/badge. Kinda like Feather's idea.

andrea

/me cresselias
I'm really glad you had a good time anyways ^_^ This just might be identifcal tomy own VGC experience to come =X

I love the picture of you with Entei. So cute! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)