Hi.

Celebi @ Leftovers - Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Seed Bomb / Zen Headbutt
Swords Dance
Heal Bell
Recover

-Swords Dance to up attack.
-Heal Bell means that status does not affect this Celebi much.
-Recover is a solid form of recovery.
-Seed Bomb OHKOs Tyranitar , Swampert , Suicune , Vaporeon and other walls.
-Zen Headbutt kills Machamp , Gengar , Lucario , Roserade and does nice damage to Rotom-A.
-Very bulky, takes pursuit from ScarfTar and OHKOs with Seed Bomb. Scizor is harder to deal with and requires being removed beforehand.
-Magnezone makes great partner removing Scizor and other steels so that they cannot wall this set.
-Any Pokemon who also benefit from having Tyranitar and other things that Celebi can kill are great partners.
-ScarfTran is a great partner together resisting every type and being a good offensive core and defensive core.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There is already a "Swords Dance" set on-site, though yours differs widely from the one that is posted. To be honest, you need to specify much more on your calculations, for instance, even after a SD Celebi will not OHKO max HP Tyranitar with Seed Bomb. Additionally, you need to expand in the Team Options part, as this Celebi with no Speed investment will experience a lot of troubles with fast offensive Pokémon such as Gengar, Rotom, Heatran, Salamence, etcétera. I'd say that that spread needs to be re-adjusted, so I will test out this set and come back with some results; then I'll give it my stamp of approval/disapproval.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I don't see this being a worthwhile set for a few of reasons.

• Despite receiving STAB, Zen Headbutt and Seed Bomb have pretty poor coverage in the OU metagame. If you're going to rely on a single move, it needs a lot better coverage. You'll find yourself being forced out far too often, which leads me to my next point ...
  • You have Natural Cure! Heal Bell for the purpose of helping itself sweep is pointless when you're going to be forced to switch so often, and when you do, your status will disappear. Since you've got Natural Cure to abuse, it'd be far more productive to Baton Pass to a member who could use the boost. We've got such a set on site already. No doubt Heal Bell can be useful for the rest of your team, but this isn't the way to utilise it.
  • Even if you opt to drop Heal Bell for another physical attacking move, what options do you have? Celebi's physical movepool is incredibly shallow. You could use both your STAB moves, which combined give you slightly better coverage, but you're still completely walled by Steel-types. Your other options include Return and Aerial Ace - you can probably see where I'm headed with this.

Blue Kirby pretty much covered it. There's no way this set is sweeping with the existence of Scizor, Heatran, Skarmory, Jirachi, Gengar, any Trick user... the list of things that stop this just goes on and on. No from me.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The EVs do need some tuning. Also, I think I'd see this set doing better with Baton Pass over recover. As others have mentioned, Celebi's simply not sweeping with only 1 move, but with a spread oriented more towards speed, and the potential to cleric or B-Pass +2 ATK, I could see the set getting more effective.

. . . admittedly that would pretty much just be the analysis S-Dancer with an extra / Heal Bell stuck on the 4th move slot.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Ive tested this set out before, and what BK said sums everything up, I tried even making a team around this but it just wouldnt work. Going to have to say no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)