name: Weather lead

Impish @ damp/heat/smooth rock
Technician
200hp/8atk/252def/50spdef
-rain dance/sunny day/sandstorm
-bullet punch
-roost
-swords dance/substitute

The point of this set is to set your weather up and stall/sweep, whichever you choose. Roost for easy recovery, bullet punch for a reliable move, and SD/Sub for sweeping/stalling. Pretty straight-forward set.

If there is anything i need to add to this post, please let me know and i will do so asap. Thanks.

No thanks, I'm not sold on this set going on-site at all. My reasons:

1) I agree that Rain Dance Scizor is a pretty good Pokemon on a rain team, but it's already mentioned in the Rain Dance article. Usually, Rain Dance users like Scizor don't really need their own Rain Dance set. It's better off to go in that article, because that's where people looking for Rain Dance supporters go.

2) Sunny Day is awful on this set. Most Sunny Day teams are interested in using supporters that aren't weak to Fire moves, because all of the Chlorophyll users are weak to it. Scizor just adds an additional weakness and doesn't offer many useful resistances. Sunny Day is a bad weather type in general, anyway.

3) Don't use Sandstorm. Tyranitar is already a common parter to Scizor, who happens to set up an everlasting sandstorm (unless another weather effect comes into play).

4) Too much set up (weather + swords dance + roost), one attacking move that doesn't have the greatest coverage, inefficient EV spread, etc. Scizor has better things to do when using Swords Dance, and has better moves to use when using Rain Dance.

I pass. Sorry.

Posted in the wrong spot, remember to post in Quality Control.

That said, it gets a no from me.
OK, Would you mind moving it for me? I just thought id post this because It did fairly well at its job on a rain team i was messing around with, the sunny day variant is strictly used to set up sunnyday then something like heatran. but yeah, tyranitar outclasses it as a sandstorm lead.

I don't think Sandstorm/Smooth rock deserve a slash because there are better pokemon who have the ability to set up SS (Tyranitar, Hippowdown)

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I moved this to QC for you; please read the announcement next time. This looks like it's going to get rejected though....

Scizor can just about get away with using Rain Dance to weaken Fire attacks, and it is a staple choice on OU rain teams, but it doesn't function well as a lead, as it is largely outclassed by Zapdos and Azelf etc. Using Scizor on a Sunny Day team is pretty ridiculous, and the move sandstorm has no place in OU. If this was written as a Rain Dance supporter then maybe it would get more positive responses, but not as a lead.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ignoring the fact that it's in the wrong format, I seriously doubt this set is effective. Why use Sandstorm and Smooth Rock at all when you have Hippowdon and Tyranitar?

Why would you use Sunny Day Scizor when that amplifies its only weakness? Not even counting the fact that Sun is a horribly unreliable tactic that is more or less never seen in OU...

Rain Dance Scizor as a lead is beaten by pretty much every other common lead. With your given EV spread Lead Infernape will Fake Out and Fire Blast will roast you. Assuming you even use Rain Dance, Fire Blast is still hitting you for 116% - 137.8%
Azelf can just Taunt you to stop you Rain Dancing and potentially even Fire Blast since you're doing 37.5% - 44.7% with Bullet Punch.

Even if this set were not in a Lead, it would still have difficulty operating efficiently. Assuming you Rain Danced on the switch, the following still does to you:
Standard Nasty Plot Infernape Flamethrower: 119.6% - 141.4%
Standard MixNite Flamethrower: 82.2% - 96.7%
Substitute Gengar HP Fire: 53.2% - 62.8%
heck, even Physically Defensive Zapdos is doing 60.4% - 71.3% with Heat Wave
and consdering you have Bullet Punch as your only move, that's not a good position to be in.

You've also got Roost and Swords Dance/Substitute as well, which I fail to see the point of, since you aren't going to be outroosting anything except maybe ScarfFlygon Fire Blast, which does 44.7% - 53.2% and can just wait for the rain to stop. Swords Dance Bullet Punch won't be taking down any of these threats either, not Infernape, not Heatran. You might get away with a KO on some of the dragons but they'll likely be too busy trying to torch you before they let you get a Swords Dance. and if you SD instead of RD on the switch, then you might as well be using a SD sweeper.

I don't think Scizor should be wasting its time with Rain Dance at all, not without something along the lines of Max Attack and Max HP with U-Turn.
I might not be QC but I'm sure this set won't get passed.

There's nothing wrong with Scizor using Sunny Day because, as the TC said, Scizor could lure in a Fire-type attack for Flash Fire Pokemon to absorb and then dish out HUGE damage. However, that being said, there is absolutely no reason to put a "weather" set on Scizor. There are an abundantly large pool of Pokemon who do it better, and this would just waste time and space. It gets a no from me.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This type if scizor would work better as back up and not as a lead, though im not sure if this merits an analysis on how scizor can setup weather (which isnt needed a person can just be creative) so no from me as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)