windy day in poketopia (my first RMT)

ok this is my first RMT and in fact my first post ever on this site. I just wanted to know wat you guys think of my team.

Machamp (steroids) @Lum Berry
Adamant - No Guard

240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
~ Dynamic Punch
~ Substitute
~ Ice Punch
~ Payback

Ok so the idea behind using Machamp as my lead is that she counters many common OU leads. SR leads get encored so they have to switch then I get a free substitute. If I'm not sure wat the opponent will do i substitute first to scout wat my opponent will be doing. The lum berry allows machamp to counter the ever more common sleep leads. Then DP and Stone Edge are for some decent type coverage and even the added bonus that DP confuses the opponent.

Tyranitar (mommasaur) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)

~ Stone Edge
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Earthquake

Tyranitar is on the team to take care of my psychic and flying type weakness that i noticed right of the bat. If an azelf lead tears machamp apart I come in with ttar to try and scare the opponent into a switch then i use pusuit for the KO. The other moves are pretty standard for type coverage basically. The idea behind using a choice scarf set was the fact that gengar was a huge threat to my team so now i can get a quick hit on them now with pursuit.

Gengar (boogieman)@ Life Orb
Nature: Timid or Modest
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 4Hp 252Spe 252SpA
Moves:
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power [Fire]
Substitute

My only really special attacker but a darn good one at that. Gengar's job is to get in some fast hits on pokemon that are causing me some real trouble. Shadow ball and Sludge bomb are there for some are STAB hits. Hidden power fire is used to take out scizor who is another issue for my team. Thunder bolt is ther for the added type coverage and hits on bulky water type pokemon.

Skarmory (raptor)@ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe
Moveset
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost
~ Spikes / Stealth Rock
~ Whirlwind

My favorite part of this team and many people have seen why. Besides the added benefit of having spikes out Skarmory is also a great physical wall and has great resistances. The main point of this set is to get out one or two layers of spikes out and then whirlwind to scout the opponents team and gain a little extra damage at the same time. Roost is there just for some recovery if I need it. Finally Brave Bird is there to deal with fighting types that hurt tyranitar.

Swampert (skittles) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Impish
EVs: 252 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpD/ 4 Attack
Moveset:
Mirror Coat
Counter
Toxic
Waterfall

I pretty awesome set that has worked well for me. If you need to figure out if a pokemon is physical or special based pokemon use toxic on the first turn Swampert is out. Then after that use either counter or mirror coat based on wat is needed. Both of these moves have done there job for me OHKOing the likes of Salamence, Scizor, and Gengar. Waterfall is there just to have a decent attacking move.

Celebi (pixie) @ Leftovers
Ability: natural cure
Calm
EVs: 200 SpD/ 152 Def/ 158 HP
Moves: Leech Seed
Recover
Heal Bell
Grass Knot

Here is my special wall that is working well for me and helps to complete the overall synergy of my team. The main move that i try to get out is leech seed to slowly chip away at the opponent. Then i either heal bell if i need to or recovery based on the damage that I took first turn. Grass Knot is there to take out water pokemon like swampert who resist Gengar's thunderbolt.

Alright guys so i hope you like my first RMT and im looking forward to getting some great feedback

Changes in red

Hello

First of all I would like to suggest you'd make your Machamp a bit more up-to-date and by that I mean more offensive:

Machamp @ lum berry/ adamant/ no guard
240 HP, 248 Atk, 4 Spe, 16 SDef

- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback

This Machamp can hit all possible leads because of it's great type coverage. You don't have to be slower then Swampert anymore so you can Encore you, but you can Dynamic Punch it and hope for some confuse hax. Bullet Punch is to finish off Leads with Focus Sash. Ice Punch is useful against Roserade, Dragonite and Gliscor lead and Payback allows you to hit Ghosts.

Thunderpunch is actually a redundant move on Tyranitar as it has enough coverage as it has already. I suggest you'd Crunch instead for a possible late-game sweep move.

Sludge Bomb gives Gengar some really bad type coverage. I suggest Focus Blast instead so you can KO Tyranitar and Steel types. (Scarftar must be hit on the switch-in though).

Skarmory would appreciate an alternative EV's spread. I suggest a spread of 252 HP, 88 DEF, 16 Spe, 152 SDef. This will allow Skarmory to take hits on the special side better as well.

Focus Sash on a pokemon without a Rapid Spinner on the team is kinda risky. Swampert is bulky enough to go without one. I suggest changing his moveset to the standard Rest Talk set. This will make a great status absorber for your team.

Swampert @ leftovers/ impish/ torrent
240 HP, 52 Atk, 216 Def

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Avalanche

On Celebi I suggest replacing Energy Ball with Grass Knot as that will hit most pokemon a lot harder in OU.

Hope these suggestion helped and good luck with the team.

I understand what you are saying with machamp and swampert but those arent the jobs i need them to do but thank you for the tips

Ok I got your PM

First off nice job with Swampert, never seen a set like that and by the looks of it, it seems to work very well.
I highly suggest that you switch Gengar to this set:

Gengar@ Life Orb
Nature: Timid or Modest
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 4Hp 252Spe 252SpA
Moves:

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power [Fire]
Substitute

This set allows your Gengar to escape nasty pursuit users like Scizor and T-Tar.
Overall nice team!

Good Luck!

Just a nitpick, possibly change your Skarm's EVs to 252 HP / 64 Atk / 164 Def / 28 Speed. The Speed EVs are outdated because CB Tar runs more speed now. I recommend testing a specially defensive Skarm though, it will help with MixMence. Also, Stealth Rock > Toxic on Pert imo so you can Spike with Skarm, but it depends on Toxic's usefulness I guess.

SD Lucario w/ BP sweeps your team if it sets up on Tyranitar's Pursuit / SE (maybe TPunch...) and Celebi. You can fix this by putting 176 Speed EVs on Celebi and giving it HP Fire, but that reduces its bulk... It is a bit uncommon (| Lucario | Move | Bullet Punch | 9.4 |), so it probably isn't worth it.

Otherwise, SubPetaya w/ Ice Beam could be a pain since your only Pokemon that isn't OHKOed is Celebi which still takes a lot from Ice Beam. Idk what to change without breaking the synergy though.

@ KidX: Wouldn't that dwindle its HP too much, especially with SS going? Pain Split > HP Fire could be used at least, he can switch out to Skarm while it Pursuits Gengar's Sub to set up more Spikes anyway.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Actually, I would make your Skarmory Specially Defensive, as you have no Blissey to take special hits.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell/Leftovers
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP/128 SpD/128 Spe
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Whirlwind
-Roost

Speed EVs allow you to out-speed RestTalk Gyarados and Crocune.

This team would benefit greatly from taunt, as you are able to stop many stall teams in their tracks. As soon as they bring out Rotom-H, you can get out ScarfTar to Crunch them...

Wait a sec, where's Crunch?! ThunderPunch does nothing to Bulky Waters like Vaporeon and Suicune, and you are much better off with Crunch to always beat Rotom.

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hey there!

Interesting team you have there. I have a few nit picks on the move sets and after that I will get into the major rate of your team.

Machamp @Lum Berry
Adamant - No Guard
240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
~ Dynamic Punch
~ Substitute / Bullet Punch
~ Ice Punch
~ Payback

In the set above you incorporate encore into your machamp which I feel is entirely useless and just hogs a move on your moveset. While instead you can have another attacking move so you aren't exactly blocked by any pokemon and gives you better coverage. Regardless because of champs' ability to confuse a pokemon with the move dynamic punch you should account for the fact that you can get up a sub without going through the encore b.s. Also for your spread you run way to many spD ev's and they aren't necessary for machamp as an attacking lead.

Tyranitar @Choice Scarf
Jolly - Sand Stream
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Your tyranitar above you run thunder punch for some odd reason while there is no point since you have stone edge. The trick to using scarf tar is to know when to pursuit and crunch. Pursuit doesn't have enough base power to ohko a ghost while they can hit back and after entry hazard damage you will be lacking the hp.

As for Gengar I would use KIDX suggested but it's your choice sub is always helpful because you can easily set up on a pokemon umm lets say flygon and they would most likely go into a ttar. So while you have your sub you can ohko with focus blast.

This teams awfully weak to banded scizor because once skarmory is gone the only real stop you have to it is the gimmick of a swampert you have but that isn't always reliable since u-turn takes 40% and it can easily nit pick the rest of your team with bullet punch and u-turn.
I would suggest you use heatran over skarmory and set up stealth rock's instead of spikes because of all the levitate-rs and flying pokemon spikes isn't that great and without paired with SR it's useless.

alright im gonna make a tentacruel set to get some toxic spike support and get a good special wall to go with celebi and im also going to make a heatran set that can 1) take care of scizor and 2) continue to help my semi-stall team by setting up SR as well and suggestions would be great

Ok so I'm gonna bump this up now so people keep rating because I love the feedback that I've gotten so far and suggestions for a skarm and swampert replacement?

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bullet punch is recommended over substitute on Machamp. It will prevent sashed leads like Azelf and Infernape putting a large dent in you before you go down (or in Azelfs case exploding and OHKOing you) and is of particular note against sleep leads, since you can 2HKO them before they get a chance to lay hazards.

Without some form of recovery beyond lefties, I don't really think that Swampert will work all too well. It is far too easy for the opponent simply to stall you out, and you are very vulnerable to taunt. You can easily become complete setup bait for almost anything that wishes to do so as well. Since you currently have no SR user, this is a given for Swampert. I would go for something like SR/EQ/Ice Beam/ Rest or Roar, with a spread of 252hp 252def 4spdef. Rest allows you to abuse heal bell on Celebi, though I am not so sure of how necessary it is, given that one team member carries a lum berry, and you have two pokemon immune to toxic, one to thunderwave, and one pokemon with substitute. The Swampert set makes a good counter to DDmence at full health, who could easily sweep your team, but this should not be relied upon, and as such it may be worth considering a buly steel that can actually hurt salamence, so that you can take it out once locked onto Outrage.

Skarm should use Taunt and a spdef spread as suggested above by Nintendo Gamer. This is a great help against opposing stall teams, since it prevents the opponent from recovering, and helps prevent the use of status moves. It also prevents the opponent from setting up on skarm while he lays down spikes. A spdef spread allows Skarm to set up on weak special attackers and most physical attackers, as well as helping to take Draco Meteors from the likes of Mixmence.

As mentioned previously, you should seriously consider taking Heal bell off celebi and consider something to stop Celebi from being trapped by Pursuit users like Tyranitar and Scizor. Reflect could do this reasonably well. You could also try something like Thunderwave/HP fire/Recover/Grass Knot with a more physically defensive spread as this will help lure and kill/cripple Scizor and Scarftar. Regardless of these changes you should max your HP as this is the way to optimise your defenses on both sides of the spectrum.

Good luck.

tyranitar and life orb gengar does not go together. stealth rock+sub+lifeorb+sand storm is like 50% health. that means you can only come in and set up a sub twice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)