Tournament of Thieves - Sign Ups
Tournament of Thieves - Round 1
Tournament of Thieves - Round 2
Tournament of Thieves - Round 3
Tournament of Thieves - Round 4
Tournament of Thieves - Round 5
Tournament of Thieves - Semi-Finals

Introduction

Hello ladies and gents! Welcome to the "Tournament of Thieves". Here is your chance to become your favorite battler. Your chance to have fun with other teams. The concept is fairly simple. Each round you and your opponent will simply go to Smogons very own Rate my Team section.
Each round I will post certain rules, and you will follow those rules to choose your team in the rate my team section. One round I could simply say you can only choose a team made in 2008. The next I could say you have to choose an ubers rate my team to use. This tournament will have twists and turns.

This is the second version of this tournament. It is a new year, which means hundreds of new teams have been posted. Now there is a sub forum making things much easier to find. Good luck all, this may be your only chance to steal something!

Winner of Version 1
ReyScarface -
UU Team - By Bad Ass
OU Team - By August

Rules
  • Evasion Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battles
  • Garchomp, Shaymin-S, Deoxys-E, Wobbuffett, Latios, and Manaphy are NOT allowed to be used for OU teams unless stated otherwise.
  • You may not use your own rate my teams in this tournament. If you do, you will be disqualified.
  • If a team is edited, you may use the original version of the team or the current version.
  • You must send your team to me with the link of the thread. No changes may be made to that team.
  • You must send your log to me after your match has been completed
  • This tournament will have 50 first come first serve sign ups. I will then hand choose the last 14 according to who I believe is best fit for the final positions. I don't want lazy users. :)
Finals Rules
  • For this final round it will be a best of 3 in OU, UU, and Ubers, the teams may be starred and from the archive if you so desire.
  • All teams MUST be sent into Stone_Cold AND Earthworm and approved before the start of your match. If your name is UNDERLINED, then you are approved.
  • The Deadline is July 1st for teams being submitted. However lets hope you guys finish within the week.
  • If you have any other questions or are confused, feel free to ask.
Finals

Arin vs Iconic

(I'm posting this on Stone_Cold's behalf since he is currently away. He told me which rules to use for the finals.)

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Arin will take it all

Also guys, post the teams you're using for the finals once they get done =x

Just to be clear, are UU teams that do not follow the current tier list allowed?

Garchomp, Shaymin-S, Deoxys-E, Wobbuffett, Latios, and Manaphy are NOT allowed to be used for OU teams unless stated otherwise.
And are OU teams that have Latias in them allowed?

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OU must follow the current metagame. UU may follow any uu tier from the past.

I won in Ubers and UU, ggs Arin!
Good games.

For Uber, I used Jibaku's Vulcan Fury team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71305

The team did well, but the biggest problem was inability of the team to handle Kyogre. Heatran Roar's out Giratina and sends in Kyogre. From there you're going to have to make a prediction between switching to Jirachi to take Ice Beam or Latias to take Water Spout or Surf.

For UU, I used RT's Screen, Sub, and Sweep team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66024

It was a great team and I probably could've won with it if Mismagius and Cresselia both didn't have HP Ground. I don't understand the point of giving them HP Ground? Houndoom isn't that big of a threat when you have Milotic. But, both were walled by Honchkrow and unable to sweep.

Congrats to Iconic. Well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)