move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Surf
move 4: Hidden Power Grass / Earth Power
item: Focus Sash
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Omastar is blessed as the only UU Pokemon with access to both Stealth Rock and Spikes; coupled with its decent bulk and high Special Attack, Omastar is an excellent lead for any UU team in need of entry hazards. This Omastar is built to function as a suicide lead, setting up as many entry hazards as possible before fainting. If an opportunity arises in which Omastar can KO the opponent's Pokemon, you should take it. Having an immediate advantage against the opposing team while still having a chance to set up entry hazards can be invaluable.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Stealth Rock and Spikes are both key to the set. Putting both moves on Omastar can not only free up an extra slot on your team, but it also gives Omastar a chance to set up multiple layers of hazards if matched against a weaker opponent. Omastar's typing, decent Speed, and high defensive stats allow it to set up easily on any Pokemon that is not carrying a Grass-type attack, such as Registeel or Spiritomb (although stronger versions of Shadow Ball Spiritomb can deal serious damage to Omastar). Surf is a reliable STAB attack that can OHKO Moltres leads and deal significant damage to almost any other lead. Even Qwilfish leads take over 40% from Omastar's Surf. The last attack is based on preference and depends on what Pokemon you would rather defeat. Hidden Power Grass can OHKO opposing Omastar that do not run Focus Sash or Rindo Berry, and also ensures that Omastar can outspeed and 2HKO Cloyster with ease. Earth Power allows Omastar to easily handle Toxicroak leads, as well as guaranteeing the 2HKO on Qwilfish.</p>

<p>Omastar matches up well against almost any common lead, including Uxie and Mesprit without Grass Knot, Registeel, Moltres, Kabutops, Cloyster, other Omastar, and even Rain Dance Electrode, as Omastar can simply outspeed and OHKO with Surf in the rain. With so many posititive match-ups, Omastar should be guaranteed either a kill or 2 layers of entry hazards. To ensure that Omastar is not suddenly OHKOed without setting any entry hazards up, it is smart to carry a Focus Sash, allowing Omastar to survive any Grass-type attack from full health.</p>

<p>It may seem silly to maximize Speed on such a slow Pokemon, but the extra Speed will often prove invaluable. Not only does it give Omastar a good chance to outspeed and kill any opposing Omastar lead, but it also allows Omastar to outspeed Pokemon such as Cloyster or no Speed Kabutops leads. Even Uxie, a Pokemon with base 95 Speed, will be outsped by Omastar assuming Uxie carries no Speed EVs.</p>

<p>If Omastar is ever against a known Taunt user, it is wise to simply attack right away unless the Pokemon already has a tremendous advantage against Omastar (lead Mismagius, for example). However, if facing an Ambipom or Qwilfish, it is much easier to try to 2HKO these threats as they only do minor damage to Omastar.</p>

<p>Alternative spreads that feature max HP and some Defense EVs can be used very effectively, especially if combined with Rindo Berry. A bulkier spread allows Omastar to take even special hits extremely well, such as Spiritomb's assaults and weaker Grass Knots. Many of these attacks now become 3 or even 4HKOs. A team looking to use Omastar should highly consider these spreads, as Omastar can easily switch in later to wall attacks as well as set up more entry hazards.</p>

<p>With Omastar carrying both Stealth Rock and Spikes, a Ghost-type to block Rapid Spin is almost mandatory, especially if Omastar plans on letting itself faint early. In fact, it may even be wise to use 2 Ghost-types to prevent moves such as Foresight from working. Offensively, special sweepers such as Moltres have a much easier time with Chansey and Milotic after they've been damaged by Stealth Rock and Spikes. Choice Banders, such as Tauros, also benefit from Pokemon being weakened upon switching in; repeated hits and entry hazard damage will quickly take a toll on any potential counters. Defensively, a team built around Roar and Whirlwind can find many advantages to using this Omastar lead.</p>

<p>Although Omastar has a positive match-up versus most leads, it can be stopped by Taunt and has problems with any Grass-type attack. Mismagius is perhaps the most dangerous threat Omastar can face, as it has access to Taunt and a super effective Thunderbolt.</p>

-----------------

I watched KinglerDude24 use this and it's very impressive. Pretty much guaranteed at least two layers of set up, or an attack. I don't think Ice Beam should be slashed with Surf though, as your STAB seems necessary. I'm also not really sure why you need the Timid nature; Modest seems to be the better choice with Omastar's poor base Speed.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would probably rename the set to "Offensive Lead" or something. Although there currently isn't a "Lead" set, the Utility set is often used as a lead, so it might be somewhat confusing for readers.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
2 c:

-i've seen fb use this nicely and its a nice little momentum starter for offensive teams. i wouldn't recommend using this for stall-based teams as you said in your comments, but moreover offensive teams. the slash seems odd. i'd rather have the slash like this

Steath Rock
Spikes
Surf
Ice Beam / Hidden Power Grass

-surf is obviously obligatory, hitting stuff like spiritomb, uxie, mesprit, and enemy omastar for hard damage (if you opt not to use hp grass). ice beam should be main option as it catches unsuspecting sceptile, torterra for the ohko as they try to set up. sash ensures you will survive any hit dished from sceptile anyways. additionally, it will hit toxicroak for hard damage. hp grass is only there if you're looking to surprise hit omastar and hitting azumarill for se, otherwise it should be shifted as second option. hp rock or ancient power should only be mention in ac since hp grass is hitting targets that rock would (azumarill and feraligatr). i suppose you'll miss out on hitting scyther for hard damage, other than that, it has limited use. i could be mistaken though.

-modest needs a slash as the speed still guarantee you outpace adamant torterra attempting to scare you away.

-you'll beat donphan as a spinner, so hitmontop is the concern here. as a result, i've paired this with specs ghost users to nail foresight using mons like this for a sizable amount of damage. specs rotom makes an excellent partner with this set. it will draw in chansey and registeel, giving omastar more opportunities to set up.

only reason ice beam was slashed was that if used with ancientpower, you have a pretty strong combination of ice/rock but i agree that its somewhat silly to not have surf, so surf is back to the only move for slot 3

hp grass/hp rock or ancientpower also hit sharpedo/cloyster/kabutops (hp grass hits all of them, ancientpower hits cloyster harder), but i definitely see ice beam having more use than the rock move so im changing it to slot two behind hp grass, i might make it slot 1 but i think it just depends on preference

modest seems like a good option for that extra power, ive always preferred timid just because there is always a chance you will catch a pokemon that should be faster but just isn't. i'd say the biggest example of this is uxie that run only 4 speed, as timid omastar would actually outspeed.

believe it or not, ive also used specs rotom and i agree it works great with omastar. lo nasty plot missy is another one i will mention.

i don't think modest should be slashed. it's not like you are really trying to kill shit with omastar instead of setting up as many layers as you can. surf off 349 satk probably kills everything you want to attack anyways (donphan, moltres, etc). the reasoning kd mentioned for keeping timid is basically what i was thinking in the first place.

i was gonna stamp it but plus's stamp got removed from photobucket for reason: "mixed_adult". so yeah...

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Seen this work very well on multiple occasions. I'm not sure that AncientPower deserves a slash (does it do anything besides OHKO Cloyster that HP Grass doesnt?) Also, make sure to mention Swift Swim as the preferred ability (for outspeeding Electrode).

Otherwise:

pretty surefire yes from me, seen kd24 use it effectively. it might seem inferior to qwilfish but its really not.

It's already been said, but the set is nice for offensive teams, and is quite a surprise for people who expect much slower Omastar.

I'm not sure that AncientPower deserves a slash (does it do anything besides OHKO Cloyster that HP Grass doesnt?)
HP Grass certainly won't work on Snover leads.

Hydro Pump is an option that could be slashed on with Surf, for the extra power...it does gain a few quicker KOs than Surf (although some require a Modest nature to do so so...).

Apologies if I'm not allowed to post after three stamps, still somewhat new to these forums.

AncientPower does 2hko Qwilfish, something HP Grass wont do which lets it only get 1 layer of Spikes up should it Taunt first turn.

It also hits Altaria who for some reason switches into you (dont ask, i know its retarded but they do actually do it expecting HP Grass + Surf lol :/)

Also the STAT boost in everything is frikking hilarious if you get it lol.

Ayways yeah Cloyster and Qwilfish are the biggest ones i can think of.

Id remove Rindo Berry though, its really inferior to the Sash as i have tested it extensively. You still get KO'd by any grass move, you need sp.def + hp evs with Rindo to survive even weak Grass Knots from like Mesprit which beats the point of this set, quick(ish) Spikes.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah Rindo shouldn't be on here, didn't even notice that. Tested it, this isn't like ShucaHeatran where it can survive those 4x moves with a ton of health left, even with significant investment most special grass moves are leaving you at 11% or so.

I would try to emphasize that Omastar should be used in tandem with pokemon that force in setup bait for it. Venusaur is an excellent partner because it forces in Registeel, Chansey, and sometimes Arcanine, which are the 3 best things to set up on. It also absorbs the Grass attacks that are commonly aimed at Oma (although most things that carry grass attacks are prepared for Venu).

I'd definitely remove Rindo Berry, HP Grass, and Ancient Power. I'd add Hidden Power Electric and Earth Power.

Removing:

Rindo Berry - practically useless. It doesn't even survive most Grass-type attacks that are 2x super effective.

Hidden Power Grass - 2HKOes (due to Focus Sash) other Omastar / Kabutops...but you 2HKO them anyway with your other moves. HP Electric at least hits Qwilfish.

Ancient Power - hits...Snover? Not worth it.

Adding:

Earth Power - Nails Toxicroak, Qwilfish, and others.

HP Electric - hits waters, including Qwilfish (unlike Grass)

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know what other people's take on it will be, but I've always run a spread of Timid 252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe with a Rindo Berry on suicide Omastar. With such few attacking moves, and the main aim of the set being getting up multiple Spikes and SR, I've always found the SpA EVs to be superficial since I'm using Omastar for hazards, not to do early game damage. Here are some offensive calcs with my spread and the 252 SpA spread:

252 SpA Surf vs 52/0 Donphan: 100% OHKO
4 SpA Surf vs 52/0 Donphan: 100% OHKO

252 SpA Surf vs 4/0 Kabutops: 73.5 - 86.6% 2HKO
4 SpA Surf vs 4/0 Kabutops: 59.7 - 70.5% 2HKO

252 SpA Surf vs 4/0 Ambipom: 69.1 - 81.4% 2HKO
4 SpA Surf vs 4/0 Ambipom: 55.7 - 66.0% 2HKO

252 SpA Surf vs 4/0 Omastar: 68.3 - 80.4% 2HKO
4 SpA Surf vs 4/0 Omastar: 55.5 - 65.5% 2HKO

252 SpA Surf vs 252/0 Spiritomb: 44.4 - 52.3% only 7% chance of 2HKO
4 SpA Surf vs 252/0 Spiritomb: 35.8 - 42.4% guaranteed 3HKO

So basically, from these calcs you can see that you get the same OHKOs/2HKOs against the things you would be wanting to attack with both 4 SpA EVs and 252 SpA EVs. Defensively, there are a couple of cool things that you can survive in lead matchup scenarios with 252 HP EVs:

0 SpA Uxie Grass Knot vs 252/0 Omastar: 53.5 - 64.0%

This I feel is a very interesting calc. If an opponent is running the standard analysis 252 HP/252 Def Uxie, you can get up all 4 layers of entry hazards before they KO you. Firstly, with Timid max, you outspeed, meaning you set up SR as they SR. Next, you outspeed and get up 1 layer of Spikes as they Grass Knot you for 32% max. Next turn you outspeed and get up another layer as they Grass Knot you for 64% max. Now, worst case scenario: you have 4% left, and you can outspeed and get one last final layer up as well as they kill you. However, on average damage rolls you would be left with about 13%, so you would be much better off getting up SR and 2 Spikes and then switching out for death fodder. With the 4/0 spread, Rindo berry is basically useless, so you really only get 2 or 3 turns to Spike against Uxie, and then you aren't as effective death fodder at 1HP as SR will take you out.

0 SpA Uxie Psychic vs 4/0 Omastar: 36.2 - 42.9% guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Uxie Psychic vs 252/0 Omastar: 29.7 - 35.2% 4HKO on average

252 Atk Kabutops Waterfall vs 4/0 Omastar: 35.5 - 41.8% guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Kabutops Waterfall vs 252/0 Omastar: 29.1 - 34.3% very very likely 4HKO

252+ SpA Spiritomb Shadow Ball vs 4/0 Omastar: 54.5 - 64.1% guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Spiritomb Shadow Ball vs 252/0 Omastar: 44.5 - 52.3% <10% chance of 2HKO (which, when combined with the above calcs for attacking vs Spiritomb, show how much more reliable this set can be against it)

And just in general, with 252 HP EVs you are objectively better as a fast suicide Spiker. For example, at full health with 252 HP EVs, you are guaranteed survival against 252 Atk Donphan Earthquake, while with 4 HP EVs you are guaranteed to be OHKOed even without SR.

However, the bulky set does fare worse against Moltres, as you aren't guaranteed an OHKO with only 4 SpA with Surf, whereas you are with 252 SpA. I guess it's up to choice, but I feel the bulky spread fulfills the "suicide spiker" role much better, since you use Omastar to get as many hazards up as Pokemonly possible at the start of the game.

sorry this hasnt been posted yet, ill try to get it up today

final set:

[SET]
name: Offensive Lead

AC:
- 252 HP/Rindo Berry
- AncientPower
- Ice Beam

I'll address some complaints:

HP Electric - I don't see why this is better than HP Grass, you can see from the usage stats that Omastar is used much more in the lead slot than Qwilfish and the chance of getting a sure KO on some Omastar is pretty impressive. Even if it gets the 2HKO on Qwilfish and the opponent has Rindo Berry/Sash on Omastar, you could just use Earth Power (which is now the main slash with HP Grass) which hits Toxicroak and Qwilfish.

Max HP - Definitely getting an AC, the reason I still prefer max Special Attack is just that raw general power offensive teams like. Being able to get certain OHKOs on Moltres is highly appealing. Lots of good points though, i'll be sure to AC it.

However, the bulky set does fare worse against Moltres, as you aren't guaranteed an OHKO with only 4 SpA with Surf, whereas you are with 252 SpA. I guess it's up to choice, but I feel the bulky spread fulfills the "suicide spiker" role much better, since you use Omastar to get as many hazards up as Pokemonly possible at the start of the game.
Just thought I'd try to kickstart this thread again because Omastar is awesome and this has sort of died?

I agree with most of what LR said.

I don't see why Omastar is Timid on all these sets though :/ I mean I might be missing something... but it doesn't help to outspeed much at all. No speed Uxie and the option of Adamant Torterra (can't really touch without Ice Beam) and a few others. Instead, I use Modest to give a nice balance between bulk and power.

Omastar @ Rindo Berry
Shell Armour | Modest
252HP / 40SpA / 216Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Surf
-Earth Power / Hidden Power [Grass]

seems more sensible to me...

You survive LO Modest/ Timid Moltres HP Grass (best lead Tres set) and OHKO with Surf after recoil, pretty damn sweet! Only 8 SpA EVs are needed for this though with Modest.

The Rindo and HP are there for the reasons LR said.

The speed is to outspeed max Adamant Aggron and also outspeeds stuff like no 4 speed base 80s (and everything that wants to outspeed them). Omastar arguably doesn't need any speed at all... but I do use that amount because I like setting up an extra layer against the base 80s.

Rest went into SpA. Shell Armour > Swift Swim because without a sash, this thing hates crits. Modest 216 Spe isn't outspeeding any other rain sweeper anyway.

It does basically everything that any Omastar lead set in this thread so far does & a little bit more (the Moltres thing among others that I'm too lazy to find^^). It is simply a question of 'why is that much speed needed?'.

I reckon this should be the main set also and not in AC because the power is just not missed (303 SpA vs 329 SpA....big deal). 281HP vs 344HP.

P.S. LR I am 1/8 Scottish.

not using enough speed to beat 0 speed uxie is, quite frankly, stupid.

| Uxie | Speed EV | None | 63.9 |

an AC mention of max HP seems fine as long as it's as a roughly equal option. it just comes down to a question of playstyle and personal preference.

ooooo statistics....shiny.

| Uxie | Move | Other (13) | < 8.6 |

Yeah Grass knot is in there somewhere.

Which means that most Uxies best form of offense against Omastar is paralysis/sleep and Psychic (a 4hko on the max hp spread).

Uxie is going to try a status / SR, not go for the 4hko so either way you are getting all your layers up if it stupid enough to stay in (doubtful), then there is the issue of paralysis which of course makes the speed investment useless. Your Surf is a 4hko iirc so if you want to get in a surf or 2 after you've put the layers down then yeah...brilliant.

As far as 'not outspeeding Uxie is stupid' is concerned:
| Omastar | Speed EV | None | 50.2 |

Some people disagree. Of course there is no way of knowing how many of these are lead but you get the picture. There are more important things than outspeeding Uxie.

Can you think of an instance where the speed is more helpful because the speed is having no effect on the outcome of Omastar vs Uxie.

On the other hand, the Modest nature + small special attack investment on the bulky set is very relevant in a LO Moltres encounter (I'll edit in more relevant situations later when I've found them).

so basically what you're saying is how much speed you run doesn't matter so long as uxie doesn't have a grass move, but when it does, you want to be using max speed. sounds like there's no advantage to using lower speed vs uxie and only a chance that max speed pays off.

not ohkoing moltres after one round of life orb recoil isn't very significant because hp grass deals over 80% to 252 hp rindo omastar. and the surf calc only matters if you're sacrificing your stealth rock layer against a team you know has lo moltres without getting sr up. if you're that concerned you can take some hp or even speed evs and put them into special attack.

lowering speed means you're slower than 56 speed milotic, 84 speed milotic, jolly aggron, adamant torterra (who is fully capable of revenge killing slower omastar and is otherwise an excuse for more spikes), defensive venusaur who aim for similar speed tiers as milotic, and last but not least, other omastar. the faster one has a pretty big advantage in omastar vs omastar matchups especially when it is an offensive variant that can 2hko the other.

nice strawman with the omastar speed ev stat. 53.3 of omastar ran leftovers and 48.8 used a bold nature, which means the slow omastar are ones with max defense used on stall teams. clearly not the set we're concerned about.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
How about these EVs, it has enough special attack to OHKO Moltres after 1 turn of Life Orb recoil, but still has some decent bulk too

144HP/112Sp.atk/252speed with a Timid nature

Surf does 90.3% - 107.2% to Timid LO Moltres

Note though that a Focus Sash will be needed to guarantee survival from Moltres' HP grass though

How about these EVs, it has enough special attack to OHKO Moltres after 1 turn of Life Orb recoil, but still has some decent bulk too

144HP/112Sp.atk/252speed with a Timid nature

Surf does 90.3% - 107.2% to Timid LO Moltres

Note though that a Focus Sash will be needed to guarantee survival from Moltres' HP grass though
At that point it is best to use the 252/252 spread. need for a sash = useless hp evs...to keep it short...

hilariously enough, if you put the extra evs into sdef (144 sdef), you survive a max roll modest lo hp grass with 1 hp. you don't take special hits as well as max hp, but 0 satk uxie's psychic still won't 3hko you just over 50% of the time (30.2% - 36.3%) and grass knot won't 2hko ever (55.5% - 65.5%).

a lot of these spreads are viable though depending on your preference. i still like the analysis spread the most, but 252 hp / 252 speed, 252 hp / 216 speed / 40 satk modest, 144 hp / 112 satk / 252 speed, or 112 satk / 144 sdef / 252 speed work too. putting all of those into the analysis is probably a bit much... i'd just go with no bulk and max hp.

i guess i need grammar checking

sorry i took so long, im trying to do all my taken analysis though right now

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've GP checked and I can't get up!

GP Check 1/2

Deletions
Additions

[SET]
name: Offensive Lead

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Omastar is blessed as the only UU Pokemon with access to both Stealth Rock and Spikes; coupled with Omastar's decent bulk and high Special Attack, Omastar is an excellent lead for any UU team in need of entry hazards.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Stealth Rock and Spikes are both key to the set. Putting both moves on Omastar can not only free up an extra slot on your team, but it also gives Omastar a chance to set up multiple layers of hazards if matched against a weaker opponent. Omastar's typing, decent Speed, and high defensive stats allow it to set up easily on any Pokemon that is not carrying a Grass-type attack, such as Registeel or Spiritomb (although stronger Shadow Ball versions of Spiritomb can deal serious damage to Omastar). Surf is a reliable STAB attack on Omastar that can OHKO Moltres leads and deal significant damage to almost any other lead. Even Qwilfish leads take over 40% from Omastar's Surf. The last attack is based on preference and depends on what Pokemon you would rather faint defeat. Hidden Power Grass can OHKO opposing Omastar, provided they do not run Focus Sash on or Rindo Berry, and also ensures that Omastar can outspeed and 2HKO Cloyster with ease. Earth Power allows Omastar to easily handle Toxicroak leads, as well as guaranteeing a 2HKO on Qwilfish.</p>

<p>Omastar matches up well against almost any common lead, including Uxie and Mesprit without Grass Knot, Registeel, Moltres, Kabutops, Cloyster, other Omastar, and even Rain Dance Electrode as Omastar can simply outspeed and OHKO with Surf in the rain after Rain Dance. With so many posititive match-ups, Omastar should be guaranteed either a kill or 2 layers of entry hazards. To ensure that Omastar is not suddenly OHKOed without setting any entry hazards up, it is smart to carry a Focus Sash, allowing Omastar to survive any Grass-type attack.</p>

<p>It may seem silly to maximize Speed on such a slow Pokemon, but the extra Speed will often prove invaluable. Not only does it give Omastar and a good chance to often outspeed and kill any other Omastar lead set, but it also allows Omastar to outspeed Pokemon such as Cloyster or even no Speed Kabutops leads. Even Uxie, a Pokemon with base 95 Speed, will be outsped by Omastar assuming Uxie carries no Speed EVs.</p>

<p>If Omastar is ever faced against a Pokemon that presumably carries Taunt a known Taunt user, it is wise to simply attack right away, unless the Pokemon already has an a tremendous advantage against Omastar (Lead Mismagius for example). But if faced against facing an Ambipom or Qwilfish, it is much easier to try and 2HKO these threats while as they only damage you minorly do minor damage to Omastar.</p>

<p>Alternate Alternative spreads that feature max HP and some defenses can be used very effectively, especially if combined with the item Rindo Berry. Omastar can now take even special hits extremely well, such as Spiritomb's assaults and weaker Grass Knots., weaker Grass Knots, and even Kabutops Waterfalls. Many of these attacks now become 3 or even 4HKOs. A defensive team looking to play more defensively with Omastar and their team in general should highly consider these sets, as Omastar can easily come back switch in later to wall attacks as well as set up more entry hazards.</p>

<p>With Omastar carrying both Stealth Rock and Spikes, a Ghost-type to black block Rapid Spin is almost mandatory, especially if Omastar plans on letting itself faint early. In fact, it may even be wise to use 2 Ghost-types to prevent moves such as Foresight from working. Offensively, Pokemon special sweepers such as Moltres can use Stealth Rock and Spikes to their advantage to deal much more damage to Chansey and Milotic has a much easier time with Chansey and Milotic after they've been damaged by Stealth Rock and Spikes., allowing other Special Sweepers to clean up. Choice Banders, such as Tauros, also benefit from Pokemon being weakened upon switching in; repeated hits and entry hazard damage will quickly take a toll on any potential counters. Defensively, a team built around Roar and Whirlwind can find many advantages with using this Omastar lead. be used very advantageously when used with this Omastar lead.</p>

<p>Although Omastar has a positive match-up vs versus most leads, it can be stopped by Taunt and has problems with any Grass-type attack. Mismagius is perhaps the most dangerous threat Omastar can face, as it has access to Taunt and a super-effective Thunderbolt.</p>
Good job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)