[Standard] Peace NOCed down Mafia - The Bribed Win!

(Approved by Earthworm, randomized by Mekkah)

In the far-off town of Peaceland, there was a golden age. Culture flourished. The people prospered. Their leadership was without corruption. However, there came a day when a freak meteor killed their leader. In the process of choosing a new leader, they found that the meteor was not a coincidence. The tragedy was a murder, a meteor summoned by dark magic. Twenty people gathered to hunt down the murderer. However, they soon found that the murderer was one of them. They also found there was a wolf in their midst. Not the animal, but a person determined to kill everyone to destroy everything we hold dear. And so they quickly chose a temporary mayor (to be protected by anonymity) for their group. Who will live, and who will survive?

Rules:
1) THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: ALL CONVERSATIONS MUST BE HELD IN THIS THREAD. THE MAFIA MAY TALK WITH EACH OTHER, BUT NO VILLAGER MAY TALK OUTSIDE THE THREAD! (unless you are twin inspectors, and then only with each other)
2) Give me access to all spreadsheets/channels you create (this goes mainly for the mafia)
3) If you don't want to use your ability, send me a PM with title "Night x - Idling" (and "Day x - Idling" if your ability can be activated during the day.)
4) To facilitate debate, days will last at least 48 hours and hopefully as close to 48 hours as possible. There is no majority. I may grant extensions if I think it would benefit the game.
5) To give the mafia time to communicate, nights will last 48 hours. EDIT: or until all actions are in
6) Unlike the most well-known NOC games, you may post at night.
7) There is as little role PM flavor in this as physically possible.
8) DO NOT COPY/PASTE ANYTHING THE HOST TELLS YOU UNLESS IT IS EITHER A QUERRY ABOUT WHEN DEADLINE IS OR UNLESS YOU ARE MAFIA AND ON THE SAME TEAM.
9) cardflip is OFF for this game.
10) There are 20 players in this game. There are 5 mafia. Roles will be posted below
11) The game beigins Night 0. The mafia boss chooses four people to be on his team, and I'll then select and/or randomize the rest of the roles. You may send me a request for your alliance.
12) Please do not edit your lynch vote, except to unbold the vote. Instead post a new one. Also, your vote must bolded and/or colored and/or in size 7.
13) In the event of a tie, there will be no lynch.

14) The roles are:
  • 1 mafia boss
  • 4 mafia
  • 1 wolf
  • village cardflip (can turn alliance cardflip on 3 times, for the cycle [READ: activated during day x - night x is cardflip; activated during night x - day x+1 is cardflip] after he activates it)
  • village bodyguard (second time he protects a player successfully, would-be killer gets his name)
  • twin village inspectors (they may communicate outside of the thread and decide who to inspect together. Nothing happens to the other if one of them dies. They are limited to alliance.)
  • village mayor (vote counts double)
  • village vigilante
  • village rogue (survives instead of getting an extra life, can only successfully use this 3 times, only informed upon the third successful use)
  • 7 basic villagers
Common sense rules (no impersonation, etc. also apply). Also, the rule against copy/pasting what I say includes copy/pasting the PM I send you for your role, if you have a power.

Player list:

~~~~~~
Alive

4. undisputed
5. spiffy
12. Quagsires
19. shuckles my hero 21. assassinfred

~~~~~
Dead

8. J-man - hit by a meteor day 1.
17. Crux - worst case of suicide we've ever seen night 1 - CARDFLIP: the Searchers
15. TPM 23. TotalPotato - And then there were nine night 1 - CARDFLIP: the Searchers.
3. finnragetti - choked day 2
20. Raverist - run over by a truck night 2
9. Afroninja22 - shot day 3
7. Mattimeo - Arsonist finally succeeded night 3
6. j-squared - beaten to death night 3
16. fitzy72 - and then there were eight night 3
2. veedrock - I Spy day 4
10. coolking49 - King of Fish night 4
11. Acklow - sleeping with the fish night 4
14. -TheLucarioEffect- - strangled day 5
1. billymills - and then there were 2 night 5
18. Alchemator - what a backstabbing world night 5
13. Yeti - what a cutthroat world night 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you haven't gotten a PM (19 of you) your role is still in limbo.

It is now Night 0. Deadline is in 48 hours, but will hopefully be much less.

waiting for role PM. GL to all, sound fun, etc.

Also, since we cant communicate, could we make the deadlines slightly longer than usual to catch mafia like behavior in our discussion. (I should probably wait tilI find out if I am mafia or not before I suggest that, though)

I said I might grant extensions if I think it would benefit the game. And if you haven't gotten a PM yet, your role is in limbo (not the mafia boss) (easy to fake not getting a PM, though) (people without a power will not get a PM when I decide on the roles after the mafia boss gives me the list of recruits, btw.)

EDIT: so, yeah, 19 of you won't receive a PM until the four recruits are chosen. And another 7 of you won't get a PM anyway, unless it's an activity PM.

EDIT2: I'm going to wait until 24 hours after the OP and until after the recruit PM arrives (whichever comes second) to tell anyone their role, btw (except mafia). Just so no one uses the time of an update as evidence.

Cardflip: Tell what role the dead had. Since Cardflip isn't on, you won't know until game is over. Which is the reason I didn't join :P

Anyways, good luck to you all, and don't do a Trick Room. (If you don't know what I am talking about, read Lockdown 2-NOC game)

Actually, in the two previous NOC Mafia games (Both being the Lockdown games) the mafia basically controlled the game from night 0 and ended up dominating with all members of the faction alive.

I expect this game to go differently or similarly.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually, in the two previous NOC Mafia games (Both being the Lockdown games) the mafia basically controlled the game from night 0 and ended up dominating with all members of the faction alive.

I expect this game to go differently or similarly.
I expect that the bolded section is either true or false.

I'm expecting this game to be great or terrible.

Good or bad luck!

24 hours and recruiting have been done.

Night 0 is over. I will be sending role PMs to those who have a power shortly. I will edit this post when I'm done.

EDIT:

Everyone, it has come to our attention that there are more than two villains. It appears that four of you found the murderer and, instead of apprehending him, accepted a bribe from him and joined him. Now, our problem is much greater. Henceforth, we shall call the villainous group The Bribed, for most of them were bribed into evil, and we innocent shall be known as The Searchers, for we are searching for the villains.

IT IS NOW DAY 1. DEADLINE IS IN 48 HOURS, APPROXIMATELY. AN EXTENDED DEADLINE IS QUITE POSSIBLE.

woah woah woah... what did i say? well, imo i'd be careful with that accusation! I think you, sir, could be mafia! to a lesser extent, i also think raverist is mafia with his anti-villy talk. so for the time being:
we don't need no raverist

woah woah woah... what did i say? well, imo i'd be careful with that accusation! I think you, sir, could be mafia! to a lesser extent, i also think raverist is mafia with his anti-villy talk. so for the time being:
we don't need no raverist
Clearly sir needs to use a dictionary as to what villainy is.

However, one requested from billy why you'd be mafia. However, from your perception that me and billy could be mafia, it puts you into the 'Suspicious' box.

good to know kenyan. anyway, seems kinda weird vote lynch in the first post of the day 1 (unless J-man advertised it). any proof billy?

EDIT: also, any defense J-Man?
how do i defend myself in a lockdown? the only proof billy would have would be the inspector... but billy would know it to be wise not to project that... g2g cut off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)