Full Metal Alchemist RMT

Introduction

Well Been Using this team in Ou now for quite a while and its undergone many changes, I'm not a prominent stall player I prefer to play Bulky offensive, but I ended to being persuaded by a friend who uses stall on every team he has built to attempt to make one myself and apparently its fun and I enjoy using it. Probably more a "semistall" than an full stall team it came about with the idea of using the Rest talk gyarados I saw earthworm using ages ago in a tournament. It seemed an Interesting idea and without further ado Onto the team building.

Team Building

We start with Gyarados

Well as i said before Rest talk gyarados was the starting point for this team it's an interesting poke and in my opinion fairly underrated in favour of its more offensive sets. now gyarados has only one major weakness and that is electric so to combat this I decided to go with a lead swampert.(seriously why does it always end up on my team)

The Pokémon that came next was more out of stall necessity than Fully need, swampert had no able recovery so what better Pokémon to bring to the table than blissey?

This gave the team a fighting grass and electric weakness. Didn't seem a problem then so I added the "layer" Pokémon onto my team. Skarmory.

Now I needed a rapid spin blocker to take care of pesky spinners like Starmie and Fortress Enter Sub split Rotom H.

At this point I Decided upon adding a leech seeding grass type Celebi seemed like an overall good choice so the team ended up looking like this.

Now in this period of the team i reliesed that it was incredably weak to infernape sweeping my team once gyarados was dead. so i decided to scrap swampert celebi and skamory in exchange for pokemon that did there job just aswell. I allso realised during this period that Subsplit gengar could shut down my team completely. Therefore Skarmory was changed to a forretress This helped in a number of ways it gave me a rapid spinner and a toxic spiker whilst providing the same defensive power as skamory, it works in tandem with blissey becuase its a wish passer set. The second change was from a Swampert to an Offensive jirachi. The third change was from celebi to togekiss. So the team looks like this,

The team In depth

Gtfo (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDEF
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback

Role Summary - Well filling the shoes of skamory is a pokemon who i think fits the role far better lacking a reliable recovery move means that Blisseys wish is incredably important , His role is to spin away spikes that trouble repeted switch ins that i need with stall teams and to put up atleast one layer of spikes and toxic spikes.

Moveset - Explosion is a rarely used move which i keep on the set if i ever need a quick Kaboom on something such as a calm minder or a Dragon dancer if gyarados has gone down. rapid spin gives me the utility i need to keep the momentum going in my direction and spikes and Toxic spikes are there for the layers.

Ev Nature & item - Forretress Has max max defense so i can use it as a passer between Blissey and gyarados its typing allows me to taking fighting types from blissey and give the fire types to gyarados Leftovers is for the extra healing and Impish is there for the added defense that makes this such a formidable pokemon.

Fortress is named after the younger of the two brothers Bound to a suit of armour alfonz and fortress share the same phsyical traits alfonzs was bound the the armor when he and his brother attempted to resurrect his brother

(Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Roar

Role Summary - Gyarados role in the team is simple yet vital To wall infernape and the majority of physical attackers in the game due to his reliable roar and waterfall he can simply roar away set up pokemon who would otherwise have an easy time with this team his only aggrivating weakness is any electric attack that is forced onto him usually 2hkos him even if its a physical variant.

Moveset - Once againa self explainatary moveset for a stall team giving gyarados a reliable stab move and a reliable recovery move with the absense of skarmory in the team its more imporant than ever for gyarados to be alive to roar away threats to the team.

Evs Nature & item - The Item and Nature give gyarados the defensise he needs to be my main phsycal wall whilst the evs give him the ability to outspeed pokemon that would cause a problem to the team.

hoenhiem is the father of edward and alfonz elric being the largest pokemon on my team gyarados fit the role of the first creator of the philosopher stone

(Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Role Summary - As much as i dislike wish blissey for how powerful she is the lack of recovery on Jarachi and forretress means she is integral in the makeup of the team being an all powerful special wall her main use is to counter such pokemon as Specs starmie or rotom who have a happy day with this team without her.

Moveset - Standard wish support moveset really Protect over softboiled for the toxic stalling , Ok main question your will ask now is why are you using toxic on a toxic spikes team? this is because only using toxic spikes mean rest talk pokemon Flying pokemon and levitating pokemon such as Rotom-H dont need to worry about switching in and out on blissey.

Ev Nature & item - Being a special wall i decided to ev and nature her as such though it became appernt i could secrifce being a max max special wall in the ou environment to being able to take some Non stab phsyical hits.

winrey rockbell is the automacanic who makes the arm and leg of Edward elric being there best friend since childhood means she is both talented and "loved" by the brothers

(Togekiss) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 204 HP / 40 Spd / 76 SAtk / 188 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Encore
- Body Slam

Role Summary - Togekiss is the bulkey sweeper and special defensive beast on my team Designed to ruin Specially mixed infernape and sub split gengar its offensive enough to sweep a weakned team whilst allso being bulkey enough to act as a stall pokemon. Its Allso useful in Paralysing pokemon who are immune to my Toxic spikes.

Moveset - Air slash is for the Stab sweeping move adding the flinch and serene grace onto that makes togekiss and jirachi a hard combo to handle, roost adds the Keynesian and keeps the stall going. Aurasphere was chosen over physic mainly because air slash ruins subsplit Gengar at the same rate. Body slam was chosen over Thunder wave for the abilty to paralyse ground pokemon and jolteon.

Ev Nature & item - The evs are to provide the bulkiness of a special wall i lost with celebi whilst allowing me to outspeed other pokemon and hit them hard enough with are slash. calm nature is there to increase togekiss defensive capablitys as is leftovers.

togekiss Takes on the form of Izumi the teacher of the elric brothers who started loving them as a mother

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Bold, 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Levitate
-Reflect
-Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Role Summary - Now i did say that rotom was a Sub split in the itroduction but it was changed to a scalf rotom to be able to handle steel pokemon who otherwise could wall most of this team and to be faster than gengar and other ghost pokemon Koing them on predicted switch ins. It allso acts as a rapid spinner and a Shut down pokemon on such pokemon as Blissey.

Moveset - Self explanatory really Thunderbolt and shadow wave for the stab Overheat for the pesky steels and trick to cripple recovery pokemon.

Ev Nature & item - not much of an defensive rotom its eved to be as hard hitting and fast as possible chosen mainly of scalfgengar because of its signature overheat.

roy mustang is the Flame alchemist whos signature move is to create fire he is the commanding officer of the elric brothers and allso there friend

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Role Summary - Ok jirachis role in the team has many purposes the first is to get the most important layer up, Namley Stealth Rock after that using a Combination of Iron head and trick it acts as a late game sweeper aswell as a dangerous crippler to opposing stall teams.

Moveset - The moveset is fairly straightforward using a combination of stealth rock for the layers iron head for the stab and the flinch Trick for the cripping and U turn for pesky starmie leads, The main reason i have slashed Ice punch onto there is that dragonite is an extreamly dangouse pokemon to this team when used as a lead.

Evs Nature & item - Evs are there to obtain maximum speed and damage Due to the use of scalf i felt it more appopritate to use Adamant over jolly for the extra damage. So scalf, I toyed with the idea of a life orb jirachi lead towards the start but i then used leafovers seeing that wasnt giving me the results i wanted, i swapped it to a scalf/trick lead with the help of a friend.

Jirachi is named after Edward elric because of the simerlaritys in metal body structure Edward elric is the main protagonist in full metal alchemist having only half a human body left after he tried to resurrect his mother

Threat List

Green = not a problem
Orange = slight problem
Red = problem

So in order they come in

Lead = Quick iron head from jirachi same with life orb set
Lead = Uturn or Sr depending on the opponant Swap to rotom for the kill Mid game = walled by blissey and rotom

Not much of a problem if Toxic spikes are down
leech seed = rotom Seed bomb = gyarados + rotom
Rotom overheat blissey stall
Lead is a pain gyarados painly has to stall it out
Rotom And blissey not a problem
Rotom and jrachi
Rotom and blissey
Gyarados stall + waterfall Tpunch on gyarados is a 3hko
Rotom
If its subsplit Togekiss if not Bliss + rotom
without Stone edge gyarados With stone edge Togekiss + forry
rotom + togekiss
Gyarados + togekiss + blissey
Togekiss + gyarados and rotom
Gyarados bit of a pain if it carrys roar
togekiss and gyarados deal with it fairly well if toxic spikes are down
calm minds rare but dangerous normally rotom gets a ohko
Blissey and toxic
Spikes and toxic gyarados stall
Agility can be a Pain otherwise rotom
Gyarados and Fortress flinch hax from Jirachi
kills forry Rotom handles it well as revenge
Spikes and gyados wall in head from jarachi allso kills
Gyarados and rotom handle it well
Kill it then the baton pass chain fairly quickly roar from gyarados makes it cry
not much of an issue Krachi can flinch hax rotom spins away spikes
Rotom-W can be a pain bar that its dealth with by blissey
walled by pritty much everything but blissey
Rapid spin and rotom
rapid spin and iron head Togekiss allso koes
If its immune to toxic can be a pain if not yay gyarados walls it
Blissey and rotom easy kill to be honest
rest talk is a Pain the the ass if rotoms dead other than that easy kill
Not really a problem usally get Sr up though
Rotom a blissey not a problem
I dont enjoy facing it but gyarados togekiss and forry usally take care of it jirachi to on correct predictions
Easy kill by Gyarados and togekiss but usally ends up giving a status to minimum of one pokemon
Rotom and toxic spikes
Killable but sometimes takes at least 1 pokemon down
Defensive variants are walled by blissey offensive variants are rotoms kills

Hey I got your message, this team looks very nice. I'm actually really impressed by that Togekiss, I've ever seen him on a stall team like this before, and I think he's a great idea for helping with gengar and Infernape (SD ape still rapes him thought, watch out). Of course, SD is covered by Rotom and sometimes Gyarados. I think I'll mostly just nitpick.

ON Rotom, I'd rather you try wash form, as I think having a reliable way to stop Infernape is pretty important here. Lucario is still stopped and you always have Gyarados. You also don't want Tyranitar pursuiting him quite so easily.

I think Jirachi would be better for this team as a full-on revenge killer as opposed to just a scarfed lead. Having a reliable scarfer is always good in case Rotom hits the bucket and you can always trick it away pretty early if having two scarfers bothers you. Forry could then become your lead (he's a pretty good one actually) and Blissey can run Softboiled + SR over Wish + Protect. Even if forry wasn't a lead, I'd suggest a switch to a careful special defensive spread, it's just much more efficient.

That's all the advice I have, I like this team a lot. Hope this helped.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well this is a pretty solid team and I don't have much to offer. However I think that a Encore Supporter Togekiss will work better over your current one. The basic set is simple, paralyze foes and then encore them into a move and then hopefully bring in Foretress to start spiking. It still does a decent job at threatening Gengar and it can be very tough to take down. Here is the set

Togekiss @Leftovers
Timid
252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe
-Air Slash
-Encore
-Wish/Roost
-Aura Sphere/Thunder Wave/Body Slam

hope I helped

Have a Nice Day!

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hello 360Swampert interesting team you have yourself, I have a few suggestions that may help your team out!

Well there isn't one dangerous threat for this team just few range of pokemon that can easily place you in a defensive position. One of these pokemon is DD Tyranitar who can easily pull of a sweep if you Tricked your Choice Scarf with Jirachi already or if it's fainted. DD Tyranitar easily sets up on Rotom-h and Forretress and proceed to sweep your team. Your team generally has more trouble with Tyranitar having Earthquake in it's spread to effectively ko' Jirachi. I will be able to help you with your Tyranitar weakness is by running Earthquake over Explosion on Forretress, and by running this defensive ev spread 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def over your current one. Earthquake over Explosion will also help with Lucario who may try to set up on your Forretress as well. If Tyranitar were to cary Fire Punch that would troublesome but gives you the free switch into Gyarados for Intimidate. If Tyranitar decides to set up on Rotom your initial reaction would be to switch out to preserve the Trick and head straight to Gyarados for the Intimidate. Then your next intial reaction would be to fodder some useless pokemon at this point and bring in Rotom for the Trick. As for this problem I would have to agree with Smith pursuing the switch for Rotom-W slimming the chance of DD Tar sweeps being able to revenge kill weakened Tar with Hydro Pump is always useful.

You also seem to have trouble against Lum Berry DD Dragonite. Who easily sets up on Togekiss at this point because of it's ability preventing Flinch and Lum will cure 60% paralysis. In general this team has trouble against DD pokemon beside Gyarados. Chesto Rest Kingdra also has the edge against your team. So you would be better of using Jirachi as your Scarfer as well as your designated revenge killer. Seeing that you may not want to get rid of Togekiss you can always try to use Anti Lead Kiss. As for Jirachi this allows you to handle threats such as DD Tar and DD Dnite by out speeding and 1-2hkoing them with Super Effective moves.

Foretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Impish | 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Spikes | Toxic Spikes | Earthquake | Rapid Spin

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf | Serene Grace
Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Iron Head | Ice Punch | Trick | U-turn

Good Luck

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

Pretty solid team, but I have a few suggestions. Payback over Explosion on Forretress is a must, as it hits pesky Ghosts coming in to block spin, 2HKOing Scarf Rotom and Gengar. I'd also suggest moving Forretress to the lead spot, which will be explained by my next suggestion.

Jirachi is much better off as a Scarfed revenge-killer for your team. It acts as an insurance against the metagames top threats, and is especially valuable on a stallisg team like yours that doesn't pack much in the way of offense. The set I'd recommend is Iron Head/Ice Punch/Thunderpunch/Fire Punch with a Choice Scarf. DD Dragonite, Tyranitar, Gyarados and Lucario are all very effectively checked by this set, and Iron Head's flinch rate can be a life-saver in some situations. Since you now lack Stealth Rock, it can easily go over one of Blissey's support moves, namely Toxic.

Rotom no longer needs a scarf, so I'd suggest trying out a SubCharge set over your current one. SubCharge Rotom is a monster with Toxic Spikes, as Blissey and Tyranitar will have a very hard time switching in and taking it on with Toxic Spikes severely cutting their life-span. This Rotom also gives you an effective way of dealing with opposing stall teams, and is a great sweeper in its own right. An EV spread of 128 HP/168 Sp Atk/212 Speed with a Timid nature ensures that Blissey never breaks your sub with Flamethrower or Ice Beam. A moveset of Charge Beam/Shadow Ball/HP Fighting/Substitute is ideal.

Nice team, and great presentation. Gl!

OK After testing the different Help i had been given This is how i changed the team

Forry Became a Specially Defensive Lead using the same moveset with Payback>explosion

Gtfo (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback

jirachi became a full sweeper with this set
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Iron Head
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Im still a bit on the side but Rotom in this new set does seem to work.

HSOWA (Rotom-H) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 212 Spd / 168 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Charge Beam

Finally Sr over protect on blissey and encore over AS on togekiss

Hello

There is no reason to run a Quiet nature on Forretress, so change that to Careful. Also, you don't need 252 SpA EV's on him, put those in SpD. I think that was just a typo though ^^.

I understand you want a little extra Speed on your Gyarados to outspeed opposing Rest-talk version but I suggest taking those out of Def instead of HP. With 248 HP EV's Gyarados can switch in Stealth Rock 5 times but with 244, it can't.

On Jirachi you have a Hardy nature, but I think you meant Adamant (looking at you comments) but I still suggest Jolly on him.

Albeit not that much, I hope this has helped you.

Rating by request.

Hi 360Swampert, this is a very, very good stall team you have on your hands! You really have most threats in the metagame covered with this team, and you should be very proud to have made such a thing. There are only a few suggestions I have for you here, as there really isn't much wrong with your team. The first suggestion I have is likely just an oversight by you. On your Forretress, it says you have 252 SpA, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say 252 SpD. I'm mostly pointing this out in case you accidentally filled it out wrong on Shoddy, so you can go and fix that. The next suggestion I have for you is to change your Sub + Charge Beam Rotom-A to a defensive Rotom-A. On a team built around entry hazards, you really need to be able to prevent your opponent from spinning, especially against other stall teams. Sub Charge Rotom-A is great with Toxic Spikes support, don't get me wrong, but the last thing you want is for your Rotom-A to die to a mispredict and not be able to spin, etc. Also, with your current Rotom-A set, you are looking sort of Agility Metagross weak after some residual damage, which is a big problem. Instead, I would like to suggest the following set:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Bold, 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Levitate
-Reflect
-Thunderbolt
-Rest / Substitute
-Sleep Talk / Pain Split

I'm suggesting Reflect over Will-o-wisp because with Toxic Spikes up, Will-o-wisp becomes an unreliable method of crippling physical switch-ins, especially Tyranitar who love to come in and Pursuit Rotom-A. Rest Talk is preferred here, as a reliable method of healing, but you can try out Sub + Pain Split if you'd like instead. This set also gives you extra insurance against Gyarados, which is good because my next suggestion is...

I think you should replace Thunderpunch on Jirachi with Trick. Right now, you are very weak to last-mon set up sweepers, such as Crocune and Calm Mind Wish Jirachi. Although Encore from Togekiss helps, it's always good to have a Trick ready and waiting to stop people at the end of the match. Thunderpunch is really only revenge-killing Gyarados, who I don't think you should be too worried about with the more defensive Rotom-A set combined with your own Gyarados for Intimidate support. Worst case scenario, you can Trick Gyarados instead of Thunderpunch, to lock it into an Earthquake or Waterfall, both of which can be exploited by your own Gyarados.

I think with these changes, you have one of the best stall teams I've seen in a long time. 5 stars from me. Excellent job!

Wish without Protect on Blissey is a horrible idea without Softboiled by the way. You will get defeated by the likes of LO Gengar with residual damage, and you really should have no business ever losing to a special sweeper with Blissey on your team (barring Explosion of course, that's a separate story).

I'm inclined to just say run Softboiled on Blissey, and change Jirachi to a special defensive Wish variant. Special Defensive Jirachi covers everything that Togekiss does bar Infernape, and if you change up Gyarados' EV spread a bit, you can guarantee survival of a NP boosted LO Grass Knot even after SR damage. I'd say you go that route, because even Togekiss isn't a great Infernape counter, as Infernape KO's with successive Close Combats + SR damage. Even though you lose out on Wish on Blissey, you gain it back with Jirachi, and I'd argue its easier to get Wishes passed with Jirachi because of U-Turn. Jirachi still gives you a solid Gengar check as well in case Blissey is out of commission.

Since you need a revenge-killer, I'd say opt for something like Choice Scarf Flygon over Togekiss. Solid resistances, access to U-turn, and that excellent base speed make it the prototypical revenge-killer in the Mence-less metagame. Although it is a bit weak, with enough residual damage support it becomes excellent late-game.

Also listen to Phil's suggestion on Rotom-H. He covered that area well enough so I won't reiterate his points.

Ok To delko thank you very much for pointing those out they where a typo on my part.
To phil. After testing both sets thoroughly i agree that defensive rotom was a far superior choice as was trick on jirachi Rotom was a typo though i do thank you for pointing that out to me =D Also i decided to opt for a SUb pain split set so i can hide behind a sub and get free kos on pokemon like Gengar

Tof - Im testing flygon now but Togekiss is a staple counter to it and after rotom was made a special wall gyarados is my main physical wall who allready survives a GN from a none Nasty plot nape ive yet to see a nasty plot ape in game but i will see what happens and get back to you, on the subject of Blissey and gengar the reason i made togekiss a special wall was to deal with the likes of gengar because of wish. Protect was there but replaced by stealth rocks do to forry being moved to the lead position . Blissey gets shut down by most gengars anyway due to her inablity to Either intoxicate or Siesmic toss it

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just a small edit from me. On blissey you should run 24 HP evs (giving you a leftovers +1 number) and max her defense whilst lowering the SpD to 232. I'd also suggest you remove Stealth Rock and replace it with Protect, because without it Blissey really has no reliable recovery. You should still keep SR but replace Fire Head on Jirachi with it. This makes Jirachi a much more efficient lead getting SR up nice early. All in all a really solid team and its nice to see no standard FWG+ghost and Dragon teams for once!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)