Tepig (Analysis)

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus

Pokabu

[OVERVIEW]
<p>Its a Fire Pig! Nice attack stats along with good Speed stats make it a considerable threat. Highly prone to revenge kills though. </p>

[SET]
name: Bacon Sweeper
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Head Smash
move 3: Nitro Charge
move 4: Wild Bolt
item: Berry Juice/Life Orb/Liechi Berry
nature: Adamant/Jolly
evs: 252 Atk/236 Spe

Set Comments
<p>Gets really fast after a single Nitro Charge, helping it sweep and making its job easier. Aside from the recoil Flare Blitz is a major threat to most Pokémon and is highly effective. Wild Bolt is for the water type threats that Pokabu faces and will hit them hard with this move. Head Smash uses Pokabu's attack stat to its advantage and is useful in several situations. </p>

Additional Comments

<p> Life Orb is for that extra attacking power, whereas Berry Juice is useful to restore that recoil damage from Flare Blitz. The EVs help it get maximum speed and attack. Entry hazard support is helpful to assist Pokabu in its sweep. </p>

[Team Options]
<p> A Rapid Spinner is useful since it can get rid of major threats such as Stealth Rock that will surely take a toll on Pokabu. A Rock type counter such as a Steel type will be useful to Pokabu.</p>

[Optional Changes]
<p>A Choice Scarf set can be used or a Choice Banded one, to increase Pokabu's speed or attack respectively. Though these are not very effective due to the fact that their defenses are still low and they can't play the same role the sweeper does. It also gets outclassed by other Pokémon such as Meraruba. Will-o-Wisp is an option but it isn't effective due to Pokabu's low defenses. </p>

[Counters]

<p>
If Pokabu is not set up, faster Pokemon such as Staryu, Diglett, and Buizel can easily defeat it, even if a Nitro Charge is used, most scarfers still outspeed it. Rock types usually wreck Pokabu due to it being a major weakness to Pokabu. </p>

[Dream World]

<p>Thick fat is useless</p>

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Done, contemplating on whether to add a Choice Band or Choice Scarf set. Its not very effective, but its one this guy can run, even if it runs it quite badly

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with iss, your paragraphs right now are no better than just bullet points, I wouldn't mark this as Done yet.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, i rushed through this one. I will either work on it today after HP7. Or in 4 days after my school trip. Feel Free to leave suggestions though.

I would suggest rewriting sentences like "Highly prone to revenge kills though." and "Gets really fast after a single Nitro Charge." It lacks and subject and doesn't have the formality that analysis's on site have.

Other than that I believe Nitro Charge should be the first move, but I might be mistaken on that.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Its typing only grants it a 2x resistance.

Other people have mentioned it in this thread before but this analysis is nowhere near being up to quality standards. Read some examples of analyses on site to get an idea of the kind of quality that we're looking for out of contributors.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Its typing only grants it a 2x resistance.

Other people have mentioned it in this thread before but this analysis is nowhere near being up to quality standards. Read some examples of analyses on site to get an idea of the kind of quality that we're looking for out of contributors.
I know.
I did this one in a rush, its not complete. I'll get working on it soon.

Change the title of the thread to Tepig, that's its English name.

However, please remember to sneak the word "Pokabu" in somewhere so that someone who searches "Pokabu" will still find the page.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

[OVERVIEW]

<p>It's a Fire Pig! Nice attack stats along with good Speed stats make it a considerable threat. Highly prone to revenge kills though.</p>

Probably mention its weaknesses and buff up the section

[SET]
name: Bacon Sweeper
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Head Smash
move 3: Nitro Charge
move 4: Wild Bolt
item: Life Orb / Liechi Berry (Berry Juice is banned)
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 236 Spe

Set Comments
<p>Tepig gets really fast (how fast?) after a single Nitro Charge, helping it sweep and making its job easier. Aside from the recoil, Flare Blitz is a major threat to most Pokémon and is highly effective. Wild Bolt is for the Water-type threats (name some) that Tepig faces and will hit them hard with this move. Head Smash uses Tepig's attack stat to its advantage and is useful in several situations(like when).</p>

Additional Comments

<p>Life Orb is for that extra attacking power, whereas Berry Juice is useful to restore that recoil damage from Flare Blitz (BJ is banned). The EVs help it get maximum speed and attack. Entry hazard support is helpful to assist Pokabu in its sweep.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>A Rapid Spinner is useful since it can get rid of major threats such as Stealth Rock that will surely take a toll on Pokabu. A Rock-type counter (like?) such as a Steel-type (like?) will be useful to Tepig.</p>

[Optional Changes]
<p>A Choice Scarf set can be used or a Choice Band one, to increase Tepig's Speed or Attack respectively. Though these are not very effective due to the fact that their defenses are still low and they can't play the same role the sweeper does. It also gets outclassed by other Pokémon such as Meraruba. Will-o-Wisp is an option but it isn't effective due to Tepig's low defenses.</p>

[Counters]

<p>
If Tepig is not set up, faster Pokemon such as Staryu, Diglett, and Buizel can easily defeat it, even if a Nitro Charge is used, most scarfers still outspeed it. Rock-types usually wreck Pokabu due to it being a major weakness to Pokabu. </p>

[Dream World]

<p>Thick fat is useless. (why?)</p>
comments in pink. You don't mention Tepig's ability anywhere so you should probably add that.

Just remember there is no space in between the <p> tags and the next word and its <type>-type like Fire-type

Also I think Scarf Pig needs a set

Yeah, this analysis needs some work. :0

I have to say, I think Thick Fat is actually Tepig's better option here, as Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent have little usefulness in LC due to how short everything's life span is + the abundance of priority. Having some extra resistances to switch in on (x4 Fire and Ice due to typing) is much better than a low-HP Fire boost on a Pokemon that's basically a suicide bomber.

I think the idea was to have him be a suicide bomber of sorts, causing big damage to himself, but much bigger damage to whatever he's hitting. :0 Kind of a flawed logic, though, considering his less-than-fantastic speed and how fragile everything in LC is. Set like this might be better with a Choice Scarf if Tepig can hit that 14 Speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)