Starter/Dream World Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Credit to iss for bringing this to my attention

<iss> hi
<iss> does anyone have proof that all event dw pokemon are male
<@PKGaming> Several posters in the DW thread have confirmed that their event DW mons are male. (like 15 of them) + Gamefaqs user and additional support from the Pokemon online forum
<+SevenDeadlySins> yup
<+Ditto> iss, until a female one is reported and proven we are assuming that they are all male, although the huge male portion could be due to 87.5% chance of Starters being male
<@PKGaming> However Croagunk has a 50-50 gender ratio and all of them have been confirmed to be male

Released Dream World event Pokemon

Since all of the event Pokemon are Level 10 or above and the female must have the Dream World ability to pass it on, event Dream World Pokemon are illegal in Little Cup. Therefore, do not use any of the following Pokemon with Dream World abilites:

Bulbasaur (Chlorophyll)
Charmander (Solar Power)
Squirtle (Rain Dish)
Croagunk (Poison Hand)
Turtwig (Shell Armor)
Chimchar (Iron Fist)
Piplup (Competitive Spirit)
Treecko (Unburden)
Torchic (Speed Boost)
Mudkip (Damp)

Other Dream World abilities that have been released are legal.

Honestly, this is a bit of a double-edged sword to say the least. Most of the Pokemon released right now from an event are actually better off with their regular ability. The only one I can think of that hurts from this would be Speed Boost Torchic, and Unburden Treecko to some extent.
However, if their are Pokemon that are not on the Dream World and have to be released by an event, this could shake some things up, especially for those who benefit from their (possibly event) DW ability.

v

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I edited the thread title, since it was obnoxious and also confused me initially. I think that the new title, which encourages users to read the thread without being obnoxious, will suffice.

Too about about Speed Boost Torchic and Chlorophyll Bulbasaur.../:

v

Vulpix is legal. The full list of non-LC-soluble DW mons in the OP.

Meh, this aint a huge deal for the moment at least. The only ones that are really hurt are torchic, treeko, and bulbasaur to an extent. Charmader can still abuse dragon dance which doesn't need solar power, and squirtle works fine outside the rain. The rest got fairly pointless abilities from dream world anyways. Still, thanks for bringing it up

I dunno, Charmander is pretty weak without Solar Power, and Zuruggu sort of ate up the niche that physical DD Charmander occupied last gen, as far as I can tell so far. D: It's all bad news for Charmander.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eevee, Togepi, and Swinub actually aren't out. It's ONLY their evolved forms.

EDIT: fuk ninjaz

DOUBLE EDIT: fuk iss, i brought this up first

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
So... you tell me this after I lose to a Bulbasaur. Fuck. Anyway, brought this to Crystal's attention, so it should be fixed on Beta soon enough.

cherubi is a suprisingly good replacement for bulbasaur if im not missing out on any moveset issues. it also gets weather ball which is so much better than HP fire.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
So, all the event starters can only be male?? This just further proves my point that gamefreak is intentionally screwing with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)