1st Competitive team, Would like feedback!(6v6)

Hey guys long time player/lurker, I recently got myself a 3DS and Pokemon X and decided it was time to try my hand in creating a team. This is my 1st time trying to make one, so I'd appreciate criticisms and feedback. I have tried it out (although not that many times) and have had success with it, that said I did not pay attention to tiers and such. One last thing I'll say is I have no idea what items my pokemon should be holding, I will put in what I think would be the best.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EV's: 255 SAtk/ 255 spd/ 4hp
Jolly nature
- U-Turn
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam

My Greninja is my go-to lead with a wide move-pool and U-turn to get out of there if need be. One thing I've debated about was to use surf vs hydro pump, I went with surf for the accuracy... He can't take too many hits which is why I use him as a hit-and-run tactic, and if he can get a super-effective move off its usually a OHKOH.

Rotom Heat ???
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 255 SAtk/ 255spd / 4hp
Jolly nature
-Over heat
-Thunderbolt
- Hidden power (bug)
- Volt-switch

Rotom is a pure beasts, even without defensive EV's he can easily take a hit or two with decent natural def/sdef stats. Over heat just does way to much damage on this set, the draw back is the -2 SAtk, which is why I use volt-switch to get him out of their. Hidden Power is their for a wider move-pool, since he is limited on what he can use. I've also debated on keeping Ominous Wind instead, but it doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the team.

Ferrothorn Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EV's: 255 HP/ 211 SDef/ 44Def
Sassy nature
-Power Whip
-Stealth Rocks
-Gyro Ball
-Thunderwave

Ferrothorn is my main support/wall, Stealth Rocks is a given. Gyro Ball can deal with those pesky Fairy types, and thunderwave can destroy sweeping potential for the opposition team. In all I love this pokemon its one of my favorites to use in battle, his SDef is ridiculous and 44Def EV is enough for him to have above average physical defense.

Salamance ???
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 255atk/ 136 spd/ 120 HP
Adamant nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon claw
- Crunch

Salamance is my main sweeper, his high HP and natural bulk gives him an opportunity to set up a dragon dance afterwords not much will out speed him or take a dragon claw to the face. I'm sure you've all seen this build before so I wont say much more.

Lucario @Lucarionite
Ability: adaptibility
EV's 255 atk/ 255 spd/ 4HP
Jolly nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Shadow Claw

This is my Mega-Pokemon and extremly strong in that form. If I am able to safely switch into Lucario and get off a sub or SD its extremely dangerous sweeping potential. Close Combat is a given, almost everything will fall to one of these after SD, Shadow Claw is their for ghost types who try to wall my sweep. I've also debated on teaching him earthquake instead of Sub...

SlowBro @ Leftovers?
Ability: Oblivious
EV's: 255 HP/ 211 def/ 44SAtk
Bold nature
-Physic
- Surf
- Slack off
- Hidden Power (fighting)

My last pokemon was a hard choice, I went through a lot of ideas. I ended with Slowbro because of my teams weakness to fighting (Greninja, Ferrothron, Lucario), he completely stops fighting pokemon in their tracks. He has ridiculous survive ability with high def/hp and Slack off, Surf does great damage with his SPatk, I chose physic for move coverage and hidden power fighting for a "curve ball", and I was also unsure on what els to give him (maybe ice beam?).

Over all I have had good success with this team, but I'm sure there is room for improvement. I like running with Lucario and Salamance giving me two great sweep potentials, along with tanks such as Slowbro and Ferrothorn I can take almost any type of attack. lastly with my rotom who can OHKOH any pokemon without decent SPDef with overheat and my Greninja who is their for the hit-and-run.

Let me know what you guys think, and leave some feed back! Thanks in advance :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)