1st OU Team

I havent really found a team that has been able to really click with me while I've been battling. I think I have finally found a team that I really like, but I want a very harsh rating on my team ( I believe that a lot of critiquing is very beneficial ). I am sorta new to smogon, for i have explored the site a lot and have researched pokemon, and finally got around to making a profile. So please, rate my team. Thanks :)

(sorry for lack of pictures)

1. Haxorus
Adamant w/ Focus Band
Mold Breaker
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Superpower

I start out a battle with my haxorus. I evalaute whoever they send out first and then i will decide on whether i will dragon dance or not. with the moveset that it has, it can virtually hit anything (and hopefully hit a super effective). I focus band it so that it can dragon dance and then return the favor with a powerful attack, but i have run into a few instances where the other pokemon is still faster :/

2. Ferrothorn
Relaxed w/ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Power Whip
Toxic
Leech Seed
Protect

Whenever I see a ferrothorn, i think "daaaaaang it". Ferrothron is one of the most difficult pokemon to kill if you cant OHKO it with a fire move. After using him for a whilte, I ve learned to love him. He can take a hit and stall long enough for his leech seed/toxic combination to kill other pokemon when it comes down to the wire. I gave it power whip in case i get taunted and i use protect to also help wth the stalling strategy that i use with him.

3.Gengar
Timid w/ Choice Specs
Levitate
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

I have found a lot of success with using gengar to sweep. He is an excellent sweeper and is immune to ground, normal, and fighting on attacks :) I have been struggling on choosing which item to give him though. Whether it should be choice specs or life orb. If i gave him the life orb, i would then switch sludge bomb for substitute. i have gengar ready whenever the opposing team will throw a fighting type out against ferrothorn, since ferro's two weaknesses are only fighting and fire.

4. Gyrados
Adamant w/ Life Orb
Intimidate
56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe
Dragon Dance
Substitute
Waterfall (or some type of water move)
Stone Edge

Since Ferrothorn is 4x weak against fire, I needed something to counter that, but also have some bite to it. I liked gyrados because he is a little bulky and hes also got some speed. Granted, its speed isnt its strong suit, but if i pull off a substitute, then im able to dragon dance and it usually goes downhill for the other team.

5. Chansey
Bold w/ Eviolite
Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4SpD
Softboiled
Protect
Toxic
Ice Beam

I was weary on picking chansey / blissey because I ve had bad experiences with them in the past, but I thought that i would give it a go. Chanseys Def is terrible so i put max EV's into that along with HP, so that i can fend off a physical atk or two. Chansey is also a toxic user, (as you can see, I like to poison the opposing team) and i have stalling moves such as softboiled and protect, which benefit the use of toxic. I chose ice beam over seismic toss, because at the moment, i only have one pkemon that is good against dragon type, and I felt the need to have at least two, so i gave chansey ice beam. Im not sure which would be better, (ice beam or seismic toss) but I went with ice beam for the advantage over dragons.

Metagross
Adamant w/ Choice Band
Clear Body
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4SpD
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Hammer Arm

Metagross is my bulky attacker. He has tremendous atk and def, so i want to use that to his advantage. I was debating on using him as my starter, but ive had slightly more success with haxorus, so im using him. WIth metagross moveset, Im able to hit anything that is thrown at me. I was also debating on whether to use pursuit or earthquake/hammer arm. Since i have a weakness to ice, metagross is my answer. he can take an ice based attack and then strike back (which is what my team is based around. taking a hit and then hitting back... hard lol)

And that is my team. I hope you enjoyed reading it, because I have had a lot of fun putting it together!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey there buddy, this is a pretty decent team you got here, but I would like to provide some help for you so this can improve. I, for one, would never give another fellow user a harsh rating, so I'll just provide some helpful tips for this team and whatnot, okay? So, before I get into rating this team, I would delete the post about the abilities that your Pokemon have and edit them into the original post so that this RMT can be easier to read so team raters like me can see it clearer. Anyways, I'm done rambling so I'll just go ahead and start rating this team. Please take my suggestions into deep consideration and give them a shot before you tell me what you think about them. Anyways, I can't see a definite glaring weakness to your team, but I will change a few a few of the EV and moveset threads in addition to changing a Pokemon or two. Alright, first off, you should be using a Lum Berry on Haxorus, so you can get a free Outrage as Lum Berry takes away confusions effects. Moving on, you should use an EV spread of 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe on your Haxorus instead of the one you have. The HP EV's allow Haxorus to survive a lot of powerful attacks through Stealth Rock. Moving on, I would suggest using a Rocky Helmet set over your current one. With a Rocky Helmet, each time Ferrothorn gets hit with a physical move, the opponent takes some damage. Add that damage in with Leech Seed and Iron Barbs, and the opposing Pokemon will go down a whole lot faster. On Gengar, I would recommend a Choice Scarf set over your current Specs one. When equipped with a Choice Scarf, Gengar can become an amazing revenge killer, KOing most OU threats. Now, I have some nitpicks for your team, so I'll give you some advice on that. On Gyarados, I would highly suggest that you use Moxie over Intimidate. With Moxie, Gyarados can setup a Dragon Dance, get a KO, and Moxie increases its Attack to some sky high levels. Last, I would give your Chansey Seismic Toss over your current Ice Beam. Seismic Toss is Chanseys only real way of dealing damage, as its Special Attack isn't that good. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Good luck and have fun with the team!

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet Lv. 100 -- Iron Barbs

Nature: Relaxed - EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef

- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Choice Scarf Lv. 100 -- Levitate

Nature: Timid - EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Thank you for rating my team :)

I really like some of the changes that you made to haxorus and I am definitely going to be trying them in some battles. The ferrothorn changes also gave me a different look onto it, so i will also be changing him. Basically, I will try all of your suggestions in battle over numerous battles, and if they work out better than the previous sets, then i will use them :) I really appreciate you RMTing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)