Other 1v1 RMT (Mananitewile)

So, I used to do 1v1 battles a lot, and used to tear through stuff with a Manaphy. This was before the 1v1 teams became a three Poke max, when you could have one to choose from at the beginning of battles, and if you had a better Pokemon or not was luck of the draw. But I do believe I have assembled a good team. Also, two of these were from AnybodyAgrees cuz I stole them from his forum post.

1v1 ME BRO (Manaphy) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Mild Nature
- HP (Ground)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Signal Beam

This was the Manaphy I used to rip stuff apart with. It's deadly strong against nearly everything, and it counters its own weaknesses with HP Ground and Signal Beam. It's a pretty cheap OP one that I saw used way back when 1v1 was really just 1 Pokemon per team instead of 3 and being able to choose. It is a really good 1v1 Poke, and I don't see a lot of people using it. Such a shame. Also, better EV suggestions and a suggestion for a better hold item would be cool. Also a better nature if Mild isn't good for it.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed

This is one of the two I stole from AnybodyAgrees. Band Dragonite is really OP, and that Outrage is just too stronk. I was able to 2KHO a Shuckle, which I thought was pretty impressive. Not a must-have for a 1v1 team, but a really good addition. Also, Multiscale is pretty good to help with the first turn hits that usually can end a game if they're really strong.

PLAY ROUGH (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

I'm gonna quote AnybodyAgrees here, "This Mawile is fairly interesting. The large amounts of Speed EVs are to outspeed uninvested base 70s by 2 points, as that seems to be a fairly common target for speed creeps." A good Mawile, with Hyper Cutter helping so your attack is never altered, so Intimidate isn't any problem.

I'm not saying I'm the best at 1v1, but before it became 3v3, I used to wreck teams with my Sylveon, now, its my Aggron. I am gonna try help you though.

First nitpick of the team: Manaphy.
1. It's nature is Mild. This is +Spa, -Def. This is almost a pointless ability as there are no Physical Attacks on the team. If running a Scarf set, then Modest would be preferred, but if not, I would go Timid.
2. No Tail Glow. Although it isn't a must-have, Tail Glow is an incredible move at Manaphy's disposal. After one turn, it can send it's SpA sky-rocketing, and if using an unresisted move, will KO almost anything. If I were to make a Manaphy, I would go for Tail Glow, Surf/Other Water move, Ice Beam and Energy Ball. In this set, although you forfeit Signal Beam and HP Ground, it doesn't really matter as Grass types get KO'd by Ice Beam, and Electric Types aren't that common either. Energy Ball allows for the KO of other water types like Keldeo.

Number two: Dragonite
I have always loved Dragonite, and with this set, I cannot see any need for much change. The only thing I would say is ExtremeSpeed. Although a great move for taking out low HP Pokemon, in 1v1 when Banded, I personally cannot see much usage for it. Although it may be useful to take out certain Fairies, may I suggest Iron Head. Iron Head has the same Base Power, and allows for a Flinch. It is a Steel type move so will hit super effectively on Fairies like Sylveon that run rampant. Jolly would be preferred as it will mean either a Speed Tie or an Outspeed of other Dragonite using this set. Using 252HP and 252 Atk, you will not out speed other Dragonite, but may be able to survive a hit with a slight Possibility of OHKO'ing the others.

Last one: Mawile
Mawile has always been one of my pet hates and it isn't any surprise why. With Huge Power, Swords Dance and Sucker Punch at its disposal, it becomes a thing of nightmares. Not much to say about this one, except for its Ability. Although a good idea when battling other Intimidate users, it can be kind of inferior. For example, when battling other Mawile, you may go down a stage, but they will also, so, in accordance of the ratio between the attacking stats of the Pokemon, it is the same. Also, if SD is going to be on the set, then you can easily get rid of the Attack Drop. Intimidate is also good for the Pokemon like Golem and Dragonite, who could KO you with Earthquake.

Overall this is a team to be proud of. It is true that it is luck of the draw, there are few teams who have a Pokemon who could easily KO all of your pokemon. However, there is no perfect team, and there are pokemon that could wipe out your whole team. Sableye and Mega Salamence are two examples. Firstly, Sableye. Although a specific set, a Sableye with Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Recover, Night Shade/Seismic Toss would cause disaster for your team. His Taunt would stop Tail Glow and he could easily Recover the damage, and he WoW's the other two sets. If playing against him, I would suggest attacking straight away, and trying to over whelm it. Salamence-M can cause trouble thanks to its perfect coverage. Between Double-Edge, Earthquake and Outrage, nothing stands in its way. Again, I would suggest ignoring Set-Up moves and going for the all-out offense technique.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)