2010 Music Festivals (Traveling and Sationary)

So what music festivals have everyone gone to this year/will go to?

For me, I have been to

Bamboozle NJ/CA: These were my first Bamboozles and well they were just awesome. The return of Something Corporate was just phenomenal and they were all a good time even when you weren't listening to music. Although the food items were overpriced, it's just something you have to accept when you go to things like this.

I wish I went to

Coachella: It still would have been fun to go out camping with my friends even though I would only be there for Deadmau5, Tiesto, MGMT, Kaskade, Vampire Weekend, Muse and very few others. Still, I feel that it is a much different atmosphere and it would have been a nice change. Although i feel that most of the music there is for "hipsters."

It would have been nice if I had the opportunity to go to Bonnaroo. It would have been almost the same as Coachella except for one more day and that it would be on a farm.

What I am really excited for this year really though is

Warped Tour: Yes, honestly I love this tour (even though I have never been on it). I am much excited for (please don't hate me)

Bring Me They Horizon, Hey Monday, Enter Shikari, The Summer Set, Mayday Parade, We The Kings, Streetlight Manifesto, The Rocket Summer, I can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business, The Cab, Artist vs Poet, Breathe Carolina, Four Year Strong, Sum 41, The All-American Rejects, We Are the In Crowd, Versaemerge, and You me at Six.

So what about you guys?

I expect to see some posts about Reading/Leeds, Slam Dunk, Austin City Limits, SXSW... and so on

I go to the Oyster Bake Festival here in Texas every year. We get some ok bands, mostly generic rock bands that copy off nirvana though.

I actually get to go to Austin City Limits maybe, every other year. I went last year. Pearl Jam. <3

Wish I Could Go To

Coachella
Reeding/Leeds
SXSW
Glastonbury
Isle of Wight
Glastonbury
Glastonbury
Glastonbury

Being a Coachella veteran myself, with 2010 being my fourth year, I can say that it is definitely one of the most amazingly surreal music experiences in your life. What sets it apart from most other music festivals is the selection of artists. Many festivals would go for headliners such as Kings of Leon, Dave Matthews Band, and Radiohead, whereas Coachella gets headliners like Prince (amazing!), Paul McCartney (I regret missing him soooo much), and Gorillaz (excellent live act without the cartoons). Coachella also has had stellar performances by Kraftwerk and Portishead IN THE SAME NIGHT ON THE SAME STAGE RIGHT AFTER EACH OTHER FOLLOWED BY PRINCE! It's performances like these that make days at Coachella unforgettable.

Let's see, Coachella 2010 looked like this...
Friday: DJ Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba -> Sleigh Bells -> Street Sweeper Social Club -> She and Him -> The Specials -> Them Crooked Vultures -> LCD Soundsystem -> Vampire Weekend -> Fever Ray -> JayZ

Saturday: Camera Obscura -> Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros -> Bassnectar -> Faith No More -> Muse -> The Dead Weather -> Devo

Sunday: Jonsi of Sigur Ros -> Phoenix -> Pavement -> Thom Yorke -> Gorillaz (you can tell how tired we were by this day)

The atmosphere at Coachella is amazingly relaxed and peaceful when people aren't losing their minds watching bands. This might be the case at most music festivals, but just when walking around, people are meeting each other, complimenting each other, giving each other food and water, and having fun. And it's not just like a bunch of hippies getting together for four days in the desert. It's much more than that. There's a great sense of community at Coachella. As for the hipsters thing: sure, at every show or festival there are going to be "hipsters," but they're such a small percentage, and many of them just look like assholes but they really aren't once you meet them. Plus, most of the "hipsters" are there to see bands like Vampire Weekend I guess, but you get really awesome crowds for bands such as the Specials, Devo, and Faith No More, all of which are incredibly rare acts that put on terrific shows. I'm actually more concerned about the growing amount of really, really young ravers in the dance tents.

The great thing about festivals in general is that you can just say "fuck this" when watching a band and go discover something new, dance your ass off in various places, or just chat with people.

I really want to experience SXSW and Glastonbury. SXSW sounds like a really wild music scene, where there are tiny bands playing in bars everywhere, as well as huge bands like Muse. I want to go to Glastonbury because apparently European festivals are way different than American ones.

Being a Coachella veteran myself, with 2010 being my fourth year, I can say that it is definitely one of the most amazingly surreal music experiences in your life. What sets it apart from most other music festivals is the selection of artists. Many festivals would go for headliners such as Kings of Leon, Dave Matthews Band, and Radiohead, whereas Coachella gets headliners like Prince (amazing!), Paul McCartney (I regret missing him soooo much), and Gorillaz (excellent live act without the cartoons). Coachella also has had stellar performances by Kraftwerk and Portishead IN THE SAME NIGHT ON THE SAME STAGE RIGHT AFTER EACH OTHER FOLLOWED BY PRINCE! It's performances like these that make days at Coachella unforgettable.

The atmosphere at Coachella is amazingly relaxed and peaceful when people aren't losing their minds watching bands. This might be the case at most music festivals, but just when walking around, people are meeting each other, complimenting each other, giving each other food and water, and having fun. And it's not just like a bunch of hippies getting together for four days in the desert. It's much more than that. There's a great sense of community at Coachella. As for the hipsters thing: sure, at every show or festival there are going to be "hipsters," but they're such a small percentage, and many of them just look like assholes but they really aren't once you meet them. I'm actually more concerned about the growing amount of really, really young ravers in the dance tents.

The great thing about festivals in general is that you can just say "fuck this" when watching a band and go discover something new, dance your ass off in various places, or just chat with people.

I really want to experience SXSW and Glastonbury. SXSW sounds like a really wild music scene, where there are tiny bands playing in bars everywhere, as well as huge bands like Muse. I want to go to Glastonbury because apparently European festivals are way different than American ones.
I really wanted to go to Coachella this year and I very well could have but I had a big test on Monday. I also needed the money to fund my trip for Bamboozle, which appeals more to my music tastes. However, I really do like the techno/trance acts though although they seem to be at every music festival...

I really wanted to go to Coachella this year and I very well could have but I had a big test on Monday. I also needed the money to fund my trip for Bamboozle, which appeals more to my music tastes. However, I really do like the techno/trance acts though although they seem to be at every music festival...
Yeah, we all took care of our schoolwork the week before Coachella. The entire trip altogether averaged about $450 for one person, and that includes all the food costs of all three days, merchandise, ticket, gas, whatever. The techno/trance acts were everywhere that weekend! Tiesto, who got the Main Stage after the headliner MUSE, kind of ruined the Dead Weather who was on at the same time a stage over. Just shows how popular trance music is.

well I think that its only fair for me to post my Bamboozle Schedule

Saturday: VersaEmerge, My Favorite Highway, Four Year Strong, Relient K, The Aquabats, The Maine, Saves the Day, Bullet For My Valentine, Angels and Airwaves, Something Corporate, Artist vs Poet, Some of Drake (his set went over 30 minutes), and Paramore

Sunday: The Summer Set, Hey Monday,Fun., The Morning Of, Every Avenue, Eye Alaska, (Mind you, I snubbed MGMT for Every Avenue and Eye Alaska), and Weezer

Due to fatigue, I missed Steel Train, Motion City Soundtrack, and Conflicts I missed Foxy Shazam, MGMT and Say Anything

So far this year I went to bamboozle NJ, forgot most of who I saw because I don't care about them (went for the atmosphere and to smoke with friends and enjoy the festival), against me! being there was cool, and the lead singer of I set my friends on fire was cool.

Going to warped tour too, don't care about the bands again but all my friends love that type of shit so I just go cause I love concerts.

So far this year I went to bamboozle NJ, forgot most of who I saw because I don't care about them (went for the atmosphere and to smoke with friends and enjoy the festival), against me! being there was cool, and the lead singer of I set my friends on fire was cool.

Going to warped tour too, don't care about the bands again but all my friends love that type of shit so I just go cause I love concerts.
On day 2, did you see me and some of my new friends playing Ninja in front of the ferris wheel?

I would've loooved to go to bamboozle, Fun., Minus the Bear, Say Anything, Four Year Strong, Motion City Soundtrack, MGMT, Protest the Hero, Chiodos...

Fuuuck Q__Q

But I'm gonna try to go to Toronto in July for warped tour so I can see MCS, Four Year Strong and Enter Shikari...

I have been a Rock the Bells vet for a few years now, so I am very sad that is has been canceled this year :(
Also I always wished I could go to Scribble Jam one day, but it too has been discontinued for the time being.......... hip hop heads, woe is us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)