2010 music

Just out of curiosity is anyone here as pumped for the Chili Peppers' next album as much as I am? It's supposed to come out later this year (around October) if anyone was wondering.

I just watched the Lady Gaga Alejandro music video. Needless to say, it was weird as hell. Sometimes I think that her whole career is a prolonged publicity stunt. Needless to say, however, her songs are quite catchy.
though i could care less for most of her music, i do like what she does with the music videos and all the crazy outfits. think i preferred the telephone video (and song), but either way i like the fact that shes at least trying to make music videos abit more relevant by doing the kind of crazy shit that indie music videos do except nobody ever sees those. also the fact that they're more like short films than music videos is kind of cool.

OK, I couldn't even get through Recovery once. Its just not the same Em, he's all punchlines now. Its like he decided to ignore his old fans and try to appeal to a completely different audience. But eh, I guess it was better than Relapse, and sure as hell better than Encore.

speaking of cc2, it's kind of crazy to think its original release date was supposed to be a few days ago

so far maya sounds pretty great! xxxo is still fan-fucking-tastic, but steppin' up is right up there! if anyone cares, theres an mp3 of it here (it's the full 4 minute track not the 2 and half minutes that were ripped from the radio play and posted everywhere).

the rest of the tracks (aside from maybe a few like lovalot that im not so hot on) sound good as far as i can tell from the clips. hype!

(also why isnt haters on the album? i like that song :|)

pookar

Banned deucer.
OK, I couldn't even get through Recovery once. Its just not the same Em, he's all punchlines now. Its like he decided to ignore his old fans and try to appeal to a completely different audience. But eh, I guess it was better than Relapse, and sure as hell better than Encore.
lol wat

almost an entire album dedicated to the death of his longtime friend, and he's all punchlines? were you even listening to the same album as everyone else?

I'm waiting for Sonic Syndicate's 'We Rule The Night' album to come out, unfortunately there's another one or two month wait until it comes out :( the tracks released already are brilliant ^^

i wont get into an argument about shady it is kinda futile.... but personally, as a long-time greatest fan & etc. I feel like recovery is better than relapse but still kinda disappointing and I have kind of given up.

but for all of y'all hip-hoppers... yeah this year has been pretty boring in terms of good new shit coming out, but i have always made it a policy of mine to never adopt that defeatist attitude about it, and always search hard for new good stuff, usually having to delve deep into the underground :P

the albums i have been really into these days are:

Rhymefest - El Che
fest is a beast and i find this album even better than (the fucking spectacular) Blue Collar... he really seems to be getting more comfortable and confident with his style, especially since the hype that came with winning a grammy has died down

Dessa - A Badly Broken Code
I have already brought this album up; Dessa is like the perfect woman... a bad ass rapper, spoken word artist, professional poet, has a master's degree in philosophy, and a smooth, silky, velvety, sexy ass voice. to die for...

Shad - TSOL
basically he is my favorite rapper right now, every album words cannot even describe they are so good

Brotha Lynch Hung - Dinner and a Movie
This album is cool because Lynch is a gangster west coast motherfucker but then then I listened to it and, it's a huge concept album told first-person by some cannibalistic thug murderer. Intense, funny, good for impressing people while you drive around, etc

:) don't ever give up!

There is a MQ/LQ leak of 'Maya' floating around, ripped from some website which had them up for streaming.

Quality is kinda annoyingly bad, but decent. I hope a HQ leak comes around now.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
ready to start is the only new arcade fire song to be excited about. the rest are either really bad (the suburbs, month of may) or middling (we used to wait). ready to start is quite good though.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
listening to ready to start a few times over now

it's good, but not as good as we used to wait in my opinion

i was a fan of neon bible, so i'm willing to give this a try; i thought the attitude everyone took to just pan everything post-funeral was cripplingly dumb

Ready To Start really reminds me of Pheonix.

Just, you know, if Pheonix was really serious and symbolic and stuff.

For the most part I think DJ Shadow and Autechre will go largely unnoticed.

Im still playing Diplo's Free Gucci. That got me to listen to Gucci Mane. I gotta say The Burrprint is one of the best mixtapes this century.

Been playing some Witch House lately too. A lot of it I cant really digest but a lot of it I like ~_~

Favorite releases so far this year have been Crystal Castles and Los Campesinos!

Im only looking forward to Wavves' new album maybe even some Whiz Khalifa.

If anyone's got a last.fm and would like to share some muzak with me feel free to add me or drop me a note >.>

http://www.last.fm/user/Miggin

New Stars album was leaked yesterday, just giving it a listen now, only like... 20 seconds in but it's sounding good. It comes out in 2 days anyway but whatever. I needed some tunes haha.

Edit: Checked out some WaVVes. It's pretty good, but I don't think the Lo-Fi aspect of it even adds much to the music so that kinda bugs me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)