2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Great......another attacking midfielder. As if Mourinho didn't have enough of a selection headache.....for fuck's sake we need a world class striker not another damn CAM....unless Mourinho plans to take a shot at a 4-6-0 formation.

Lol nobody remembers Ramsey being one of the best young midfielders in the PL before his leg break. Bookmark this cos Ramsey is back and don't be surprised to hear good things about him soon... Also Vertoghen lol, if he was any good he would not have signed for Spurs with no CL football for peanuts. Nobody wanted him. Scoring goals and raiding from the back does not make a good central defender!

Also I put £10 on RVP to score at 5/1 odds, will this be the start of a long and beautiful gambling addiction???

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
i thought you were half smart but being an arsenal fan has gotten to you and youre starting to post a ton of bullshit lol.

players develop you know, that vertonghen went to spurs because nobody else wanted him *THEN* does not mean that *NOW* hes not good. he would probably be a starter for any team in the world even (maybe not madrid and juventus).

Well we'll see, but one season on and the only highlights from his performances are 5 long range goals. Has he dominated strikers, made good tackles, read the game like a top defender? I haven't seen him do it yet.

I'm not trying to hate on Spurs, I said I liked their signings but I don't get the Spurs love in this year. Let's look at it objectively: what would you say about Spurs' team last year if they didn't have Bale? Weak and lacks depth right? Now add Chadli, Paulinho, Soldado and Capoue to that. Are any of them world class? They've added depth but it's not gonna win the title. It has a shot at 4th. To get 4th they have to be better than one of Utd, City, Chelsea or Arsenal and Arsenal's young players get better every year, we've seen it time and again - even if someone leaves Arsenal, there's always another star waiting to step up. It's gonna be tough for Spurs, last year was their chance when they still had Bale smashing in winners for them.

koscienly is the better CB than vertonghen. there was a reason Barca wanted him badly last season. i feel like there's a bias towards vertonghen cause he pops up in so many higlight reels

koscienly hasn't misplaced a single pass yet this season, which is pretty impressive. to be fair though, arsenal build their attacks through mertesacker so he's the CB to play the ball forward.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
But Ramsey is so not better than Dembele, no one cares how he was before his leg break because it doesn't matter. Arteta and Sandro are too different to be compared; Arteta is more of a creative midfielder while Sandro is more of a destroyer. I haven't seen Paulinho and Chadli play often enough so I won't say that they're better or worse than Wilshere or Ox just yet.

And while Koscielny has come a long way, I still think Vertonghen is the better defender. He's faster, can play at left back, and isn't as reckless as Koscielny.

And @akuchi, you drink tea ? Eww...

Where has Newcastle's quality gone?? They signed so many players in the last two windows and got rid of a lot of deadwood yet their bench is horrendous today! Didn't they sign like 7 players in January? What's going on over there??

Also I have a sneaking suspicion we'll hear something about Ramsey on MotD tonight ;)

Great, now Wenger will be thinking he doesn't need to sign Benzema or any other strikers, because Giroud is obviously world class!

Nah but really, great performance to get us excited and ready for Spurs next weekend, that's the big game to look forward to.

Really you believe that? Let's break this down: Wilshere is better than Paulinho, Ramsey is better than Dembele, Arteta is better than Sandro, Gibbs is better than Rose, Sagna is better than Walker, Mertesacker is better than Dawson, Koscielny is better than Vertonghen, Cazorla is better than Willian, Walcott is better than Lennon, Podolski is better than Defoe, Oxlade-Chamberlain is better than Chadli... the list goes on and on... The only place Spurs have any advantage is striker and goalie and guess what Wenger is in the market for. But of course it wouldn't be a summer without Arsenal being written off. Without making any signings Arsenal gets better every year, not the other way round, and we have Gnabry, Akpom and Zelalem coming up. Dream on haterz!
Lloris > Chesney
Walker > Sagna
Dawson > Mertesacker
Vertonghen > Koscielny
Rose < Gibbs
Paulinho < Wilshere
Sandro > Arteta
Dembele > Ramsey
Bale > Cazorla (for now)
Lennon < Walcott
Soldado > Giroud

That's 8-3... Sorry they're just very good. Let's hope they end up selling Bale and missing out on Willian which looks like happening. There's always their annual second half of the season meltdown

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Find out in 2 weeks in the north london derby, why make claims about who's dick is bigger unless you can get a direct comparison?

Also Arteta and Sandro are not remotely comparable, same deal for the rest of the midfielders, Spurs and Arsenal have substantially different midfield system these days.

Find out in 2 weeks in the north london derby, why make claims about who's dick is bigger unless you can get a direct comparison?

Also Arteta and Sandro are not remotely comparable, same deal for the rest of the midfielders, Spurs and Arsenal have substantially different midfield system these days.
definitely. if you compare players in each position, spurs look better but that doesn't mean they're a better team

arteta is an AM turned holding midfielder due to Arsenal not having any of these. That's pretty much what Sandro is

Also to NLI, when you said that nobody apart from Spurs wanted Vertonghen.. well.. this is awkward because Arsenal did want him but he refused because they wanted to play him in CDM.. Speaking of Spurs, Willian agreed a deal with Chelsea just not too long ago :3

Losing one game and Man City is in a crisis but not winning a trophy for gods knows how many years but "Arsenal gets better every year"

A little too early to make assumptions.

Edit: Sarcasm??? What name so?????

Last edited:

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
another arsenal fan posting retarded bullshit whats new!!!!

this is spurs without bale and without bale replacements. they dont even have lamela yet. christ its so hard to think with the brain and not the feet!!

Can't wait for MotD2 tomorrow, I heard Campbell was Head & Shoulders above Hart!

Also lol Rey you don't have to like Arsenal but honestly you are going to be disappointed if you think Spurs are any good. Bale won 22 points for Spurs last season, he was their genuine world class player who could turn games around from the halfway line with a run and wonder strike. Their midfield has no creativity and no fluid passing to unlock defences. Their game revolves around direct pace, and anyone who knows football knows Lennon and Walker are average at best and one-dimentional. Their left side looks weaker than ever without Bale, who was like two players the way he attacked and defended, their no2 and no3 top goalscorers Defoe and Dempsey won't be playing much for them (defo not Dempsey anyway!) and their no4 goalscorer was Adebayor with 4 goals! Either Lennon will have to step up big time or Soldado and Paulinho will have to score 40+ goals to even match what they did last year.

It doesn't look good for Spurs after you get past the shiney new car smell is all I'll say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)