2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmmm Ozil gonna wear that #11 shirt.

idc what anyone says I still can't imagine Ozil in an arsenal jersey it's just weird

Well now the dust has settled I think Wenger is counting on his three CBs and Sagna to make 4 and he probably thinks that's enough. He has enough faith in Flamini that he'll be our defensive mid signing, and he has enough faith in Sanogo. So yeah not ideal but I can sort of see Wenger's thinking. And we spent about 30m net and got about 10 players off our wage bill. Bendtner is pretty much the only dead wood left which has to be commended. All in all I'll take it and look forward to this season with OZIL + CAZORLA!!! With Wilshere and Ramsey backing them up and Walcott to stretch defences even Bendtner should score bucketloads!

It's crazy to think we've never spent more than £15m on a player until now. I'm very much looking forward to the season and Champions League :D

wonder if rodgers plans to play three at the back...

six cbs, lets coutinho have a more central role, and may also allow suarez and sturridge to play up top together

as for arsenal, this is definitely a step forward. better player for half the price

yea, a player Moyes might as well have brought with him when he came.

Bebe on loan at Pacos Ferreira.

Bebe in the Europa league :D

only Left Back we need is Luke Shaw ;)

what is mourinho thinking in loaning out Lukaku again instead of selling Ba. and Man U don't think you're in the clear yet, Fellani won't really solve your one dimensional midfield problems, you'll be fighting for fourth with liverpool and arsenal~

Fellaini will solve a lot.
will head in some corners, will give us some height in midfield as well as strnegth, plus he can used like Toure, and be pushed forward.

I originally thought West Brom will be in the relegation battle this year but after today's signings maybe things will be different..

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Aite shit I was completely sure we were going to make it past group stage but now that Arsenal have gotten an actually good player shit looks like a 50/50. Slightly worried.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Lukaku to Everton on loan in the end, what a beast. Mourinho has lost it!
yeah how dare he deny a young player first team football instead having to compete for a spot ~_~ the move was fine

also the ozil signing was surprisingly sexy, I can't wait to see his ass in the pl

Lukaku doesnt need to compete, he should be starting for Chelsea.

and United signed Saidy Janko, a 17 year old Right Back.
a whole 700k spent there,
reading about him, says he can play down the Right side of midfield, apparantly a super talent.

"used like toure"

also when joe kinnear came, he said "judge me on my signings"

nice, i cant judge him on them as he has made none. genius
As a football fan who quite likes Newcastle, I can sympathise with this a lot. However, an interesting bit I've heard circulating amongst some media outlets is that Newcastle's dire performance in the transfer window comes off the back of an imminent takeover bid, which I feel is long overdue given Mike Ashley's evident reluctance to contribute his funds.

Lukaku doesnt need to compete, he should be starting for Chelsea.
Why should he be starting? As it stands, with Chelsea's current powerhouse midfield, a player of Lukaku's breed could end up hindering the first team more than he can help them. He needs a lot more experience before he can properly gel with the current Chelsea outfit.

Eh, you've a fair point. I just can't see him working as the lone man with the current Chelsea set up. Sure, he's a powerful forward and has a decent finishing ability, but he isn't technically savvy enough to effectively play in front of the midfield Chelsea are fronting right now. Torres, while being largely a flop, has at least proven he can work in front of a technically gifted midfield and Ba is incredibly effective at holding up the ball, so if anything Ba is the best choice for the current Chelsea attacking force, if only to give the midfielders a good focal point as they get into more advanced positions.

That is a massive blow for Chelsea. Hazard has been by far one of their best performers so far this season.

I personally assumed Eto'o was being brought in to serve as a role model for Lukaku, but the latter's loan move kinda disproved that. It'll be interesting to see how Mourinho plays them all, but if there's anything we should take from Mourinho's previous stints at Chelsea it's that he likes to work with three strikers in his system, which is likely why he offloaded Lukaku and has Eto'o for a year - he gets to work with his preferred 3 striker system with 3 proven strikers, while Lukaku is still maturing.

Edit: Turns out Sami Khedira was the target of a £34m bid from Manchester United on deadline day. I for one think they should have done everything in their power to force that bid through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)