2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Napoli announce 125m budget to spend for this season, already got albiol for 10m so that leaves us 115m. apparently we are going to sign both higuain and damiao, that should be around 55m more which leaves us with 60 to play with. sign cbs pls

lol @ dailymail. "Chelsea set to offer Mata/Luiz + £10m to United for Rooney".
To the journalist who wrote that:
1. What are you smoking?
2. Can I have some?
Anyway, that was proven false anyway later on yesterday, thankfully. I would rather have Mata than that fat scouser.
Also, reports were saying that United are interested in Luiz. If Chelsea didn't sell him to Barca and PSG, why the fuck would United get him?

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If that would be true, who would be more stupid? Chelsea for offering that or United for not accepting? lol

You can want Mata all you like, cause you're not getting him. Jose said that there is absolutely no chance Mata and Luiz will leave.

Surely Nasri is out of the door now.

Nearly 100m Spent yet left hoping Fernandinho is adequate cover for Toure, and also left themselves with 3 Cbs one of which is Lescott. Good work city.

Expecting big things from Navas though.

Lol Citeh logic

Paulinho Brazil star 24 yrs old - 17mil
Fernandinho Brazil bench 28 yrs old - 30mil

And yeah I don't know where the money has went cos City still lack wingers, cbs, and they even look kinda short on strikers now. Seems like this summer the whole PL needs strikers and the 'smaller' clubs seem to have snapped up the good ones!

Lol Citeh logic

Paulinho Brazil star 24 yrs old - 17mil
Fernandinho Brazil bench 28 yrs old - 30mil

And yeah I don't know where the money has went cos City still lack wingers, cbs, and they even look kinda short on strikers now. Seems like this summer the whole PL needs strikers and the 'smaller' clubs seem to have snapped up the good ones!

idk man. andre santos was once a regular for the brazil side. we'll have to wait and see which player is better

Santos plays like a winger, he was a star in Turkey cos he scores nearly double digits a season. He just doesn't defend and got found out (easily) in the PL. Paulinho I think has the qualities to succeed in the PL, but yeah we'll have to wait and see who's better.

So Chelsea fans, one important question: who's Mourinho's pick to play up front? Is Lukaku now first choice? If Rooney does come then Rooney will be first choice right? Or will he play Rooney in the hole? (unlikely cos he has so many attacking mids right?)

Also is Azpilicueta defo first choice now or will Ivanovic play right back?

(these questions may be related to my fantasy team :D)

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
If we are successful in signing Rooney, Mourinho intends to rotate him and Lukaku (kinda like he did with Higuain and Benzema last season). That being said I don't think you will ever see Rooney play in midfield if he does end up at Chelsea. I think Azpilizueta will probably be first choice at right back since he's more of natural full back than Ivanovic who will probably be rotated with Luiz, Cahill and Terry in central defence.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Higuain has been quoted as saying that Mourinho 'wants' him. This has set off a rumor that Chelsea plan to hijack Arsenal's bid to sign him. Personally, I'd prefer Higuain over Rooney even though he has no PL experience; He's younger, in his prime and a better goalscorer. But I have a feeling that this is just Higuain's attempt to force Arsenal into action as Mourinho publicly declared Rooney to be his 'only' target.

You have to be careful with all these rumours. Of course Rooney isn't the only target, Chelsea will look at any player that's available and decide which is best - Mourinho was just trying to fuck Utd up a bit with all those comments and the one about 2nd choice players etc. Also rumours are still rumours and newspapers all want to sell stories so right now the only thing we know is Rooney wants to leave, Higuain wants to leave, Suarez wants to leave, and there are a few clubs that want strikers. I won't really trust anything else until I see the player in that club's shirt!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
^its true

jovetic and negredo sign for man city, marquinhos to psg (for 35m, god damn psg look insane), benteke not leavin villa, arsenal gonna make 40m bid for suarez, napoli sign albiol and are going for higuain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)