2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well apparently chelsea are going to make a last ditch bid around 10 mil for salah.

On another note has chelsea/ United confirm the transfer yet, because the atm it's only newspapers that say it's done. The daily telegraph isn't the most credible source.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Oh, Mata......How will you feel when you watch your former team mates playing in the Champions League on TV while you have nothing to do next season ?

Mata = the end for Kagawa. It makes no sense cos they are the same type of player lol! And Neville is right, they will have to change the way they play to suit Mata... Either they play 433 with Mata, RVP and Roon (a massive change in playstyle) or they play Mata as a narrow wide player which they weren't happy for Kagawa to do... Makes no sense. Anyway, Bendtner is coming back and Sanogo is just about potty trained now so Wenger says no need for any signings! :D

For me, everything that is happening right now in the transfer window is the product of Mourinho's dirty tactics.

1) Selling Mata is actually a really good move for him. He's already played Man utd twice so won't be facing Mata but his rivals (Man city, arsenal and liverpool) will play against an improve Man utd team. Man utd are out of the title race long ago, which suits him even more. Mata is also cup tied in the CL, so he won't be facing him and Man utd will be considerably weaker without him.

2) He sees Liverpool as a threat. This is why he is bidding for Mo Salah. That way he either gets an extra squad player while we lose out on one if their bid is accepted or just by bidding he hikes up the price and makes things more difficult for us. Similar to the Christian Atsu thing in the summer. We were really interested, then Chelsea signed him and sent him on loan to Vitesse.

Mourinho once again showing why he is so good the little shit

He's at a club where he has the money to do this sort of thing. Willian had already had a medical at Tottenham before Mourinho bought him just to weaken Spurs... That's unbelievable game playing and in years to come it probably won't be allowed and be regulated somehow!

ok so you guys clearly don't know a couple of things about the club.

First of all we have a Technical director. Mourinho does have a say but our technical director ultimately he makes the final decision on transfers.

Mata had the last say on the issue. Chelsea wanted him to go to either PSG and Atletico but he chose to go to United.

This is good business for the club. Two amazing seasons with us winning the CL and the europa league. This season he hasn't been the same when given the chance while oscar has taken the chance given to him. Basically we are getting 37 mil for a "squad player".

Now we have the chance to get top prospects in salah and Zuma.

Btw Xhizors shouldn't you be happy we are taking salah from you. Liverpool need strengthening in other areas such as your lb position or deep midfield position.

Edit: Salah deal is done. All that is left is to agree on personal terms and complete a medical.

Last edited:
Sandro Rosell, Barca president, is set to resign due to the alleged misappropriation of funds from the transfer of Neymar from Santos last summer.

Falcao is out of the world cup now due to tearing his ACL.

Mata going to United and Chelsea hijacking the salah deal.

Jesus christ it has been a crazy week.

And now's Essien gone. Good move for him and for us since he gets paid a lot to not play. In my eyes, a legend. Will never forget those goals against Barca and Arsenal.

Reactions: HBK

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Mourinho. You're the best manager in the world, but WHY sell him to the shittiest club in history? Now we will have cocky plastic-supporters everywhere again, as well as United perhaps being able to clinch CL(they don't fucking deserve it, shit club). You could've benched him instead, or just sold him to ANY other club, but why United? WHY?

Also, Salah in Chelsea will be exciting.

Also, Giroud! <4 (3-0)

Mourinho. You're the best manager in the world, but WHY sell him to the shittiest club in history? Now we will have cocky plastic-supporters everywhere again, as well as United perhaps being able to clinch CL(they don't fucking deserve it, shit club). You could've benched him instead, or just sold him to ANY other club, but why United? WHY?
he wants shrek

I'm starting to get the imagination that you do not like Manchester United.

Also, Salah in Chelsea will be exciting.

Also, Giroud! <4 (3-0)
Mata made the decision to go to united.
United made the bid, Mourinho asked mata if he wanted to go and mata said yes.

I definitely would of prefered if he went to Atletico and get 1st option on either Koke, Torres or costa(like what Barca did with villa) but mata decided he wanted to go to united and Chelsea respected his decision.

Keep in mind that they are giving us 40 mil for our bench player.
Good business by Chelsea.

Essien going also was good business, in that we save around 7 mil in wages( He was on 100k a week).
He was one of the best if not the best when he was in his prime. Shame injuries messed him up but I hope he does well in Italy.

he isn't having shrek
not if the rumours of Rooneys new contract are true

nothing the mata with that transfer
or this one if true
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ited-transfers-luke-shaw-3059098#.UuMOg_unzs0
United outbid Chelsea on Shaw
offering him first team football as well.
I don't think bidding 1.5 over our bid is going to change anything. Chelsea can just match whatever bid united makes because shaw most likely will agree terms with chelsea over united.

Hopefully the report is true on rooney's contract. 300k a week is complete madness, then again I thought mata going to united was complete madness a couple of weeks ago.
Really don't think chelsea needs rooney.

On another note why the hell is Moyes going to all these games.

Edit: Then again it's the mirror.

Last edited:

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
i'm usually very bitter towards players of teams i support getting traded. for instance last year my toronto blue jays traded 2 of our top prospects and i still do this day am hoping their careers bomb. with that said i sincerely wish mata the best and hope man utd make top 4. he was the quintessential example of a classy player on and off the pitch and i'm hoping he wins the player of the year award this year too!

with the fluff out of the way i still don't get this transfer. if you're going to trade mata, send him to another league ffs. transferring players to your direct competition has NEVER made sense to me, it's the reason why in north american sports teams always trade their star players to teams OUTSIDE of their division. and please don't tell me mourinho is some calculating genius because he's already played man u twice and is doing this with the sole purpose of having man u steal points away from arsenal, city, liverpool. this is extremely short sighted, i swear it's as if people think we'll never have to play man utd ourselves down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)