2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not care about missing out on Salah because I didn't rate him but missing out on Konoplyanka especially in this manner is absolutely heart breaking
Feels even worse than when Dortmund outbid us for Mkhitaryan :l
Didn't Mkhitaryan agree on terms with Dortmund before Liverpool became interested?

Barcelona today were absolutely dreadful. Valencia played well and could of scored more. If Barca plays like this against City then city will easily go through.
Barca was so poor defensively, it was frightening and then going forward they were sloppy. Everytime messi got the ball there were 3 players around him.

Romeu was probably Valencia's best player!!!

On another note: Schalke just keep producing young talent. Unfortunately their management is poor although they have been doing better recently with Farfan and the Hunter back inaction.

The likes of Max meyer, Leon Goretzka, Draxler to name a few.

Very happy with the win stoke had over man utd, though they were lucky with the free kick goal (deflection off carrick). Sunderland had a very solid win, pushing them to 14th. Newcastle are really going to struggle these next couple of weeks without remy I think.

As much as I hope otherwise, I can't see chelsea beating man city at the etihad. Man City have been nothing short of unstoppable at home this season and even without aguero I think they will pull through. I'm thinking that we'll keep the winning margin low though, maybe 1 goal.

Frimpong left Arsenal :'( injuries ravaged his Arsenal career, maybe he can still make it at the top level some day... What I don't understand is why bring in Kallstrom who is crocked when you could have just kept Frimmy and played him!

Anyway, too depressed and angry at Wenger right now to talk about much else. I expect Chelsea to win, City have injuries and the Toure + Fernandinho midfield is not for me, not defensive enough and will get found out eventually imo.

we've been talking about shit refereeing all season but if you watched the West brom - liverpool you'll notice kevin friend made zero mistakes

speaking of the match, the reason we couldn't hold on to win other than the obvious kolo toure disaster was the missed opportunities by Suarez and Sterling

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
AOC is gonna be a big player in time.. Now just need City and Chelsea to draw or City to lose.

Reactions: Ren

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nah I meant those are the favorable options. Altough if City do win I hope they win big.

Also I didn't know they could both play in home kits, that's kinda weird.

Reactions: Ren
Hell of a game. Dominated the game(well at least for most of it) hitting the post countless times.
Now there is 2 points between the three teams at the top!

What a signing matic could turn out to be!!! Was a monster in the middle of the park.

El plastico was thoroughly entertaining.

Man city obviously missed Fernandinho and Aguero a lot but fair play to the chavs for getting at them with real menace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)