2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy game just now. Newcastle 6-2 Norwich. The defending from both teams are pretty awful and they seem to be trying their hardest to throw away the game or give away cheap goals. Credit to Wijnaldum for scoring four in a relatively new league though.
Yeah Wijnaldum settles well with Newcastle tho, probably because Newcastle have plenty of Dutch players there. Also there's one game left between Stoke and Swansea. I hope Ayew scores for my FPL team lol. Can you believe that Jamie Vardy from Leicester is the top scorer of BPL? Leicester just got promoted and they lose only once which is good achievement for a promoted side.

Can't wait for the Manchester Derby this Sunday! I hope it will be an unboring match, not like Spurs v Liverpool game...

Yeah Wijnaldum settles well with Newcastle tho, probably because Newcastle have plenty of Dutch players there. Also there's one game left between Stoke and Swansea. I hope Ayew scores for my FPL team lol. Can you believe that Jamie Vardy from Leicester is the top scorer of BPL? Leicester just got promoted and they lose only once which is good achievement for a promoted side.

Can't wait for the Manchester Derby this Sunday! I hope it will be an unboring match, not like Spurs v Liverpool game...
Leicester was in the Premier League last season and played pretty good football at times (I remembered them beating Utd 5-3 and drawing with Liverpool 2-2 after coming back from 2 goals down).

Haha, I agree about Ayew. I have him, Payet and Redmond in FPL.

Spurs v Liv was a game where both sides try to outrun each other, resulting in many mistakes in possession. Liverpool were too obsessed in pressing Spurs that they forgot they need to put the ball in the net to win (not that it wasn't a good result with the injuries, seriously).

The Manchester derby would be good seeing as both are in pretty decent form although City still don't have Aguero and Silva (I know Sterling scored a hattrick last week but not convinced that he is top-drawer yet)

Leicester was in the Premier League last season and played pretty good football at times (I remembered them beating Utd 5-3 and drawing with Liverpool 2-2 after coming back from 2 goals down).

Haha, I agree about Ayew. I have him, Payet and Redmond in FPL.

Spurs v Liv was a game where both sides try to outrun each other, resulting in many mistakes in possession. Liverpool were too obsessed in pressing Spurs that they forgot they need to put the ball in the net to win (not that it wasn't a good result with the injuries, seriously).

The Manchester derby would be good seeing as both are in pretty decent form although City still don't have Aguero and Silva (I know Sterling scored a hattrick last week but not convinced that he is top-drawer yet)
Haha I totally forget about them, but seeing them as new maybe Europa League contenders is kinda awesome, Vardy and Mahrez are both amazing so far.

I have so many good players which played well this weekend like Sanchez, Vardy etc.

United maybe have some advantages, they will play at the Old Trafford and with their full team hopefully. They slowly find out their playstyle and their best formation, credit to LvG tho. Also De Gea is on his top form so maybe it will be hard to break him. City play good football atm, but they still need to fix their hole in the midfield, Yaya now is little bit attacking minded (I know he used to play like that last year) and Fernandinho sometimes leave the gap so when the opponent starts to counter attack them, they kinda shaky and sometimes they made mistakes like they did in the last 2 games (Newcastle scored easy goal and Bournemouth too.)

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
England: We can only beat what's in front of us, so I have to say well done for maintaining the consistency and professionalism to go 100%. At the end of the day though, no one apart from bored commentators years later remembers who shone in qualifying, so the hard work starts now.

Leicester: Another excellent result, and if we can add defensively and really settle a bit more in defensive areas then we might be able to maintain a top ten place. I'm wary currently though because as even the mighty Chelsea are showing, any and every team is capable of a bad moment and we had enough of those last season. Really pleased for Vardy as its no less than he deserves :toast:

If aguero, silva, and kompany arent healthy by the weekend you should win the game
Aguero and Silva will be out I think. If United don't make any crucial mistakes like they did v Arsenal, they might win it.

which will be pleasing, hopefully Arsenal lose so we can then go back where we belong
Nah, I don't think Arsenal will lose against Everton. Everton aren't doing great lately tho...

Arsenal v Bayern game today! I'm so pumped up for the game, if Arsenal lose they will be out from CL after 17 years (iirc) :c
I hope Arsenal don't play like what they did against Olympiakos... Ospina was so bad for us and Colombia lately, I don't know what happened to him. After we signed Cech he seems like he loses his magic... So please Arsene, please don't use Ospina against Bayern...

Aguero and Silva will be out I think. If United don't make any crucial mistakes like they did v Arsenal, they might win it.

Nah, I don't think Arsenal will lose against Everton. Everton aren't doing great lately tho...

Arsenal v Bayern game today! I'm so pumped up for the game, if Arsenal lose they will be out from CL after 17 years (iirc) :c
I hope Arsenal don't play like what they did against Olympiakos... Ospina was so bad for us and Colombia lately, I don't know what happened to him. After we signed Cech he seems like he loses his magic... So please Arsene, please don't use Ospina against Bayern...
Ospina was injured so Cech will start :-). Even then, I expect Bayern to win because let's be honest, nobody expect Real, Barca or Bayern to lose nowadays.

As for the Manchester derby, it can really go either way. While City are missing key players, when was the last time you see United win convincingly (except against Rodger's Liverpool)? Even when scoring 3 goals against Everton, they were being dominated until Everton made 2 stupid mistakes. Southampton also gives them a lot of headache earlier this season.

Ospina was injured so Cech will start :-). Even then, I expect Bayern to win because let's be honest, nobody expect Real, Barca or Bayern to lose nowadays.

As for the Manchester derby, it can really go either way. While City are missing key players, when was the last time you see United win convincingly (except against Rodger's Liverpool)? Even when scoring 3 goals against Everton, they were being dominated until Everton made 2 stupid mistakes. Southampton also gives them a lot of headache earlier this season.
I expect them to win too but I will keep my head up and keep believing that we can do it just like what we did in 2013 at their home. But they're the strongest team in the world right now, still remain unbeaten in the league shows that. Also, Bayern have won their last 12 matches after lost against Wolfsburg in the German Super Cup. Lewandowski is also on his top form, Muller too and not to mention that Neuer is still rock solid this season. Even though Ribery, Robben and Gotze are out, they're still scary with their new signings like Coman and Douglas Costa. But, nevertheless, we need to win this and it's a motivation to us, because if we don't then we are out from the CL...

So uhh, I guess your new to this whole arsenal inconsistancy thing then?

Crazy win! I told you we can pull it out! Giroud was amazing as a super sub once again and Ozil's goal was crucial for making Bayern's job more difficult for the next match. The atmosphere of the game was unbelievable, I'm glad that we're save, at least for now. Credit to Cech, he made some crucial saves to keep the clean sheet. Well done boys.

Crazy win! I told you we can pull it out! Giroud was amazing as a super sub once again and Ozil's goal was crucial for making Bayern's job more difficult for the next match. The atmosphere of the game was unbelievable, I'm glad that we're save, at least for now. Credit to Cech, he made some crucial saves to keep the clean sheet. Well done boys.
Just saw the stats. Apparently, Arsenal only had 27% possession at home. Did they park the bus or something? (Wenger will be pissed if Stoke or Norwich did the same to his teams :-) )

Just saw the stats. Apparently, Arsenal only had 27% possession at home. Did they park the bus or something? (Wenger will be pissed if Stoke or Norwich did the same to his teams :-) )
Yeah I know thats kinda sucks haha. But a win is a win so it doesn't matter at all lol. Bayern kept possession well and we didn't pressure much to get the ball, but whenever we did we just surprise attacked them.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
who cares about possesion though... silly obsession

Bayern had the possesion but only had 1 good chance, rest were long range shots, it's true that Arsenal only had their best chances at the end of the match but until then, it had been pretty even anyway.

possession just for the sake of possession is a worthless number

Last edited:
We had plenty of solid chances early also. But no, no bus was parked. We just made sure to not be exposed and let Bayern play the ball around. Man, what a fucking match tho. Nerves everywhere.

Arshavin vs Barcelona was one of the top moments in recent years for me in the CL. But this was up there.

Jurgen Klopp: " I don't care for press conference. " X-D

This was said while he was holding a press conference lol.
I really want to see their Europa League match against Rubin Kazan today, just to see how the team play once again. Because the match against Spurs was kinda boring to watch tbh...

I really want to see their Europa League match against Rubin Kazan today, just to see how the team play once again. Because the match against Spurs was kinda boring to watch tbh...
With half the team not fit, I'm expecting a relatively unchanged side (and boring game) .

It will probably be something like

Mignolet
Clyne Toure Sakho Moreno
Lucas
Milner Can
Lallana Ibe
Origi

Seriously hope Sturridge, Benteke and Firmino will be available for the Saints game.

With half the team not fit, I'm expecting a relatively unchanged side (and boring game) .

It will probably be something like

Mignolet
Clyne Toure Sakho Moreno
Lucas
Milner Can
Lallana Ibe
Origi

Seriously hope Sturridge, Benteke and Firmino will be available for the Saints game.
For what I heard, Benteke and Firmino are already trained with the team, so hopefully they will be available for today's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)