248 Base Power 140 Base Attack (A UU RMT)

Hello Smogon RMT. I really enjoy the UU tier, I think it allows for some pokemon who don't usually get to shine show how amazing they can actually be. As you've probably already guessed from the title, I'm mostly talking about Archeops. Yep, it's time for flying gem Archeops. Once upon a time I actually used this team in OU before Chandelure dropped, and had moderate success. I took a break from Pokemon and when I came back was pleasantly surprised that all of my team members are now UU. I think it goes without saying that they have had much more success in the lower tier. The focus of this team is to mostly create a safe switch in opportunity for Archeops, as that may be his most crippling weakness, as one bad switch and he's knocked into defeatist.

Edits will be in italics. Also Blastoise and Chandelure run 0 attack IVs and Bronzong runs 1 speed IV.

Without further ado, I introduce to you, the team:

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

It's Chandelure, the resident special sweeper. I'm a big believer in having threats of both damage types so as to not get completely walled out. Chandelure here accomplishes that task. Chandelure has great synergy with Bronzong as it can switch into any fire type move (Bronzong's only weakness) and get a boost from flash fire. Energy ball gives even more coverage and trick allows a way to deal with Porygon2

Roserade (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Giga Drain
-Spikes
-Shadow Ball
-Rest

I used to have an Arcanine here, but as people have pointed out it's overlapping coverage by nature of being both physical and fire type. I'm giving up the priority move for spikes Roserade, which provides more support to my team. I already have 2 toxics so I'm not going to give Roserade one.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roar

Blastoise is a great support. It toxics, it rapid spins, it roars, what else could you want? A lot of my team members are really weak to stealth rocks, notably Archeops, so a spinner was a must on this team. Roar is incredibly useful for those times when someone tries setting up on, say, Bronzong.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Outrage

Scarfgon, the clean up dragon. and lead I guess. U-turn is great for scouting and obtaining offensive momentum, quake-edge is quake-edge, and outrage allows Flygon to clean up weakened teams. It's especially valuable against Kingdra. Revenge killing is also inside Flygon's toolbox of tricks. Also of note is the great synergy with the fire types on my team due to levitate.

Archeops (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

The star of the show, and what inspired the title of this RMT. Read it and weep. The first acrobatics OHKOs anything that doesn't resist it, no exceptions (this is obviously an exaggeration). Sometimes it OHKOs things that do resist it, too. Clear the battlefield of stealth rocks, get Archeops a favorable switch in, and watch him wreck havoc. The only concerns are residual damage and Pokemon that outspeed it, but my team should have already dealt with that. U-turn allows some flexibility on switch in, if I do make a mistake. HP Ice because I love watching Gligars cry.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Last but not least, trusty wall Bronzong is here. He sets up stealth rocks to ensure easier kills and walls almost everything. Gyro ball deals with speed demons that threaten Archeops. Weak to only fire, incredible defenses, and having toxic makes Bronzong one of the best walls in UU, and a great fit on my team.

Criticism is appreciated and any suggestions to improve the team would be helpful.

Last edited:
I really like the use of Archeops in UU. He hits like a truck with dual STAB, has good coverage options, and also possesses a "surprise factor" since nobody think they're gonna see him in UU. That being said, even with you're EVs and nature, he still runs the risk of being outsped by a decent portion of the metagame (including common scarfers). Azelf outspeeds and OHKOs with ice beam, crobat outspeeds and knock him into defeatist with super fang, froslass speed ties at best and hits hard with ice beam, Raikou outspeeds and OHKOs with T-bolt, weavile outspeeds even without ice shard and OHKOs with ice punch... Now i understand that you have great team support and good ways of handling these threats, but these are very common pokes in UU, and many teams will have a few of these pokes on em. It only takes one of them to knock him into defeatist, and hes fodder after that.

On a seperate note, many of the threats that I listed above can handle flygon easily too. I feel that your team support is good, but not quite enough to fully help support Archeops. Maybe replace Arcanine with someone who can lay dual screens or something boost his bulk.

I will rate more later, I'm just SUUUUPER tired:)

Hi, nice team.

I would suggest that you run 0 Atk IV's on Chandelure. This is just to slightly reduce the foul play and confusion damage in future battles. I really, really advise you to put Flame Body on Chandelure since it allows it to set up on P2 without fail. Also, the 30% burn rate is pretty awesome.

Because you should run Flame Body on Chandelure, I guess you can run Flash Fire on Arcanine if you feel you need synergy with Bronzong, but honestly, Intimidate has more utility. Also, for Arcanine, just go with the standard spread listed on Smogon. Adamant is the way to go. If you want to go Jolly, you mine as well go with a physical Victini or Darmanitan or something like that. Also, the 4 attacking set on Arcanine is better than the morning sun. The reason why Morning Sun blows is because: weather teams + Arcanine isn't gonna have many opportunities to heal up. If you use Arcanine, you should try to inflict as much damage as possible.

I would also recommend 0 Atk IV's on Blastoise for reasons listed above. Jolly for Flygon, since losing to Scarfed base 100s is very bad. Scarfed Tini can 2HK with Zen headbutt after Rocks most of the time, and Jolly Scarfed Flygon's will OHK with Outrage. Is there a reason why you're Naive on Archeops? Aren't all your moves physical? So run Jolly for +Spe/-SpA.

Yes Naive will raise Speed but lower your defenses, but Jolly will raise speed and lower your Special Attack (you have no special attacking moves so it won't hurt at all)

Archeops (M) @ Flight Gem

The star of the show, and what inspired the title of this RMT. Read it and weep. The first acrobatics OHKOs anything that doesn't resist it, no exceptions.
252 Atk Flying Gem Archeops Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 133-157 (39.82 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Care to rephrase that?

While we're talking about gligar, you may want something to deal with a gligar-snorlax/umbreon core. Right now, gligar easily handles all your physical threats while umbreon/lax effortlessly wears down chandelure and blastoise. You could consider putting something like hp ice on arcanine just to lure in an take out gligar. You could also try something like weavile to also help out with slowbro.

Last edited:
This is my first post on here but I agree with the previous poster. I think a sword dance Virizion would fit well with this team, giving you a nice fire, water, grass core. Plus Virizion is a great check against the Gligar,Umbreon and Snorlax(sometimes Blastoise) core. Imo, SD Virizion is a very underrated threat. Also, take the 4 hp ev's on your Chandy and Flygon and transfer them to special defense so the Porygon brothers don't get a download special attack boost. Other than that cool team.

Virizion @ Lum berry
Trait: Justified
Evs: 4 hp, 252 atk, 252 spd
Nature: Jolly
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Leaf Blade

Last edited:
Ray, though I agree with Virizion is a huge threat, for I use that set (with a slight difference in EV's), I don't think it would benefit his team with that move pool. I would suggest Hidden Power Ice over Stone Edge and a Naive Nature over Jolly. That way he can get past Gligar + Umbreon Cores without having to rely on Leaf Blade Critting. Virizion really struggles against Crobat with or without stone edge, as Crobat resists BOTH STABS 4x, and you most rely on Stone Edge hitting. HP Ice will not do too much, so having a Bronzong at a high amount of health is quite crucial to using Virizion successfully on his team.

Here's what I'd suggest you do to this team:

1. Flygon and Archeops have greatly overlapping coverage. Therefore, I'd suggest you replace Earthquake on Archeops with Heat Wave as its manner of hitting Steel-types and physical walls (especially Registeel if it comes down to that). Use a Naive nature with 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe.
2. Run 1 speed IV on Bronzong so you can maximize Gyro Ball's power while outspeeding Bronzong that run Sassy/Relaxed and 0 Speed IVs.
3. Chandelure is too slow and frail to do SubCM effectively. Therefore I suggest you replace it with a Specs Set, which just nukes everything with zero setup:

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Trick

One of the strongest specs abusers in the game, an absolute nuke. We keep the two STABs you had before, as they are the best for the job. Energy Ball lets Chandelure walk all over Swampert and Rhyperior if it can get in safely. Trick lets you annoy Snorlax and Porygon2 and the like. You can also switch moves if you get rid of the Specs.

The EVs are adjusted slightly as to give Download Porygon2/Porygon-Z an attack boost rather than a special attack boost. I am switching back to Flash Fire because I am suggesting you replace Arcanine with a Pokemon that will give your team better synergy and one less SR weakness...

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
-Giga Drain
-Spikes
-Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Rock/Sludge Bomb
-Rest

Offensive Spikes Roserade with a twist. I chose Roserade because it gives your team a FWG core, removes a SR weakness, and gives you Spikes, which I think will help your team a lot given its offensive nature. As for the other moves: Giga Drain is the main STAB as it can hit many top-tier Pokemon (Mienshao, Rhyperior, Swampert, Raikou, etc.) for a lot of damage, plus it provides recovery. Shadow Ball is my next pick for an attacking move because it can hit Victini and Chandelure harder on the switch-in than any other move, but as alternatives, Sludge Bomb can be used to severely hurt Shaymin, and HP Rock hits Victini and Chandelure slightly less hard than Shadow Ball but also catches Pokemon such as Darmanitan. Lastly I recommend Rest so Roserade has a source of recovery. The Rest + Natural Cure combo also lets Roserade be an excellent status absorber.

NOTE: I do not recommend HP Fire to hit Steel-types because you already have enough insurance against Steel-types.

I think I'm going to try implementing the changes Explorer has suggested, except replacing Earthquake with HP Ice. I'll get back to you guys on how they work.

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Sup timbits, I have a few suggestions for your team.

Moveset Suggestions:
I really don't think you should be using Shadow Ball on Roserade, and you should replace Shadow Ball with Sludge Bomb. Shadow Ball is almost exclusively used to hit Chandelure super effectively, which is really not worth it considering you are giving up Sludge Bomb, that gives you coverage against other grass types, as well as a move to nuke incoming threats like Zapdos, Darmanitan, and Raikou. Your team deals with Chandelure with Flygon, Archeops, and Blastoise, you shouldn't give up your strongest move for Shadow Ball. I would definitely consider putting Flame Body over Flash Fire on Chandelure, and Fire Blast over Flamethrower. Right now Porygon2 walls your team cold, and this allows you to break through it. I realize you have Toxic on your walls, but if the opponent is smart he won't allow it to be statused. Lastly, put Earthquake back on Archeops over HP Ice, and give it a Jolly Nature. By using HP Ice, you are dealing with a single threat in Gligar, that your team can break through easily. Gligar isn't a common enough pokemon to warrant HP Ice, and Earthquake gives you a consistent option against very common Rock- and Steel- types like Empoleon and Rhyperior that otherwise completely wall you. Against Fire Types, you no longer have to pray for Stone Edge to hit as well.

Teammate Suggestions:
None, the team itself looks like it has decent synergy.

Suggested Changes:

Roserade @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Rest

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Energy Ball

Archeops @ Flying Gem
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)