2nd try at an ou team....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... here we go again. I used several basic strategies here for a staple team.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly

Moveset EVs ~ Stealth Rock
~ Taunt
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Aerodavtyl makes a good lead. TAUNT outlaws entry hazards by outrunning a fair amount of the OU leads, then follows up with an entry hazard of its own (STEALTH ROCK). Given it's fragile defense, though, I gave it a focus sash so it can taunt and stealth rock safely.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Adamant

Moveset EVs ~ Spore
~ Focus Punch
~ Seed Bomb
~ Substitute
12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe

Breloom is my main physical sweeper. SPORE is an obvious choice, putting the foe to sleep while i set up a SubPunch, and STAB'd Seed Bomb is always a good idea.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naive

Moveset EVs ~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Flamethrower
~ Dragon Claw
16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
The new MixMence makes a darn good late game sweeper. Good EV's, good attacks. Flamethrower is pretty reliable, as is earthquake, and any STAB dragon move is amazing. Avoiding dragon dance because I dont want to use up many attack slots.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Naive

Moveset EVs ~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Flash Cannon
~ Explosion
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
After some consideration I decided that Magnezone would make an O.K. revenge killer. Trapping the majority of OU steel types and blasting them with HP Fire or any other attack (Explosion towards the end) can be pretty useful on a team like mine.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers

Moveset EVs ~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Punch
252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 De
Dusknoir can be both a tank and a spin blocker. Will-o-Wisp can be shaky but useful overall, Pain Split is also risky, but can make up for a bad choice with Leftovers.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold

Moveset EVs ~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Seismic Toss
~ Toxic
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Ah, Blissey. The special wall to end all special walls...probably by spamming Toxic, passing Wish, and annoying with protect. Seismic toss because it's seismic toss.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Rule 3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
You need to improve on your descriptions. As of right now, your descriptions are lacking and hence, violating rule #3. Try to lengthen them more please. Have a look at some of the teams in the RMT archive to see what is expected. Aim for 5 well-formulated sentences for each of your Pokemon. Explain why you chose a Pokemon, what it does, how it contributes to the success of the team, etc.

That is not the only rule you're breaking. You are also breaking rule #13; you're supposed to wait two weeks before re-posting an RMT and your last RMT was posted just 4 days ago. So, I'll have to lock your thread under the aforementioned rules for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)