=3

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Team At a Glance

Intro~

Sup I am indeed user: Passion and I got bored and decided to make another RMT. I actually have not made one since the beginning of XY when I thought I was going to quit but came back in like 2 months (it was shit btw). I am actually enjoying XY OU so far and think it is steps away from being a fantastic meta. So the team I made is pretty balanced even though I feel like full out offense or full out stall are superior styles in todays meta. Despite this it is a pretty solid team made around SD Mega-Scizor and Crocune which both have put in some major work due to the fact that Mega Scizor hits hard and Crocune can be extremely difficult to break thanks to its amazing defenses. Now that that is out of they way I guess it is time to get into the team.

The Team:

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 232 HP / 52 Atk / 224 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

First off is Tyranitar who serves the purpose of setting up rocks and pursuit trapping the most common defoggers Latios and Latias. Ttar is also my main switch into Talonflame taking pretty much nothing from either of its STABs and easily killing it with Stone Edge, although Suicune can switch into Tflame decently and Thundurus is a pretty reliable check to it. Tyranitar can also beat other dangerous threats such as Zapdos, +1 Volcarona, Heatran, Mixed Kyurem-B, and Charizard-Y [without sun]. Earthquake is there to hit Heatrans, Opposing Tyranitars, Mega Manetrics, and can hit some things that switch into Ttar hard if you predict them to come in such as Terakion and Excadrill.

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite

Ability: Technician
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Next up is one of the stars of the team Mega-Scizor. Mega Scizor easily sets up at least one Swords Dance on Lando-t, Hippowdons that lack phasing moves, Clefables lacking flamethrower, Ferrothorn, Gengar, and many many more thanks to its great natural bulk.The EV spread also allows it to outspeed Heatrans with little amounts of speed EVs. Thanks to this it works very well as a late game sweeper. Other than sweeping late game it has priority in Bullet Punch making it a pretty decent revenge killer. I chose Knock Off over a bug stab due to the fact that dark/steel is still near perfect coverage having few resists, the fact that Knock Off in general is just a ridiculously good effectively getting rid of the item of the opposing Pokemon almost always comes in handy, and lastly Knock Off hits Aegislash which is easily one of the most threatening mons in OU.

Suicune @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Now for the other star of the team if one of the oldest yet still good sets in the book known as Crocune. This set is easily one of the most annoying things to fight that is not swagplay or baton pass. I cannot stress enough how how it is to kill this thing without a crit. Just like Scizor this thing acts as both a late game sweeper and an overall annoyance. Crocune easily sets up on things like The Crumbler (Aegislash), Azumarill, Keldeo, Non SD Bisharp, Non SD Garchomp, Chansey, Conkeldurr, Excadrill, Mandibuzz, Gliscor, and a lot more. Even if you find something that cannot be killed by this thing it will more than likely just get pp stalled thanks to the ability Pressure.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Ever since being let back into OU Thundurus has been in my opinion easily one of the most dangerous Pokemon in the tier. It has fantastic offensive stats, a huge movepool, and an ability that works really well with it. Thunder Wave leaves a lot of set up sweepers and fast hard hitters crippled due to the speed being halved and the full para chance being a general pain in the ass. I decided to also run hp flying with nasty plot because Thundurus lures in things like Amoongus [which is not as common] and Mega Venusaur. Thundurbolt is pretty much required on most Thundy sets and hits bothersome water types such as Manaphy and Azumarill.

Excadrill (F) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

For the 5th slot of my team I picked Excadrill and gave it a set that has actually been rising in popularity as of late which was ScarfDrill. ScarfDrill is an extremely good revenge killer, rapid spinner, and in some cases late game cleaner. Most importantly ScarfDrill revenge kill 2 of the most scary Pokemon in XYOU, Charizard-Y and Mega Pinsir. It is also good for the surprise factor killing Pokemon like weakened Latis and Greninjas, Gengar, Talonflame, Opposing Excadrills, ScarfTrans, and quite a few more. Though it may look weird for a Scarfer to have Rapid Spin due to the fact that Excadrill scares away a lot of Pokemon and forces them to switch making Rapid Spin still kind of reliable but at times it may be set up bait.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Roost

The last but certainly not least member of the team was Latias. In today's meta I constantly find myself putting Latias and Latios on a majority of my teams mostly because the move defog which is really good. I decided to leave this Latias without defog though due to the fact that I already have a spinner on the team and I feel more than one way of removing hazards is kind of overkill. In place for defog I picked the move Surf. Surf lets you hit both Lando forms and fire types without forcing your spatk to drop which pretty much makes you setup bait. It also hits Heatrans which pretty much wall this set. I picked Tbolt instead of Psyshock for my other coverage move so I could hit one of the most threatening Pokemon in this meta, Azumarill, Mega Pinsir, and Charizard-Y for super effective damage. Latias also acts as a good switch into specs Keldeo which is extremely common nowadays.

Importable:

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 232 HP / 52 Atk / 224 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Excadrill (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Roost

Shoutouts :]

Ight I am way too lazy to make this super long and tag all my frens so s.o to Molk he helped me a lot making this rmt, all of my #TAONU (BAN ME PLEASE) :], and all of my other niggas.

Conclusion

Overall this team has been really fun for me to use mostly because Suicune and Latias are two of my favorite Pokemon lol. If you read this I hope you enjoyed it despite the simple as fuck layout. I am open to all suggestions unless if you say something fucking stupid :]. L8r

=33333333333333333333333333333333333

owait one more thing fuk dcae

I like running 72 hp 184 special attack and 252 in speed on latias. Gives it bulk and the Hp number for Life orb :]
& depending on your Scizor usage. I might try running 108 speed on Scizor to outspeed heatrans and 136 if you wanna outspeed 44 rotom. otherwise cool team miss.

Chople -> Lefties on ttar so you have a better switch/partial lure to mixed Thundy. otherwise this team is cool, super balanced and strong. sd knock off mscizor is especially a beast.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Surf is pretty crap on LAtias. At +0 Special Attack youre still set up bait for plenty of Pokemon like Mawile, Scizor, Tyranitar, and other big threats. You can run Hp fighting in that slot as a Bisharp lure which mitigates your glaring weakeness to that pokemon, as well it lets you do some damage to Ferrothorn as opposed to none with Latias which is nice. Psyshock / Psychic is also nice for STAB that doesnt drop your offenses letting you do damage to Sylveon, as well as directly countering mega Venusaur and checking Conkeldurr. Though your team isnt bad at all against those pokes..

Team looks solid though, it's hard to say that youre weak to much in particular other than Bisharp and Mawile..

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Strong af team

LO Latias is strange imo but if it works hey

(im bad at rating teams but shit this looks solid af)

one problem i can kinda see is mega venusaur. suicune and scizor have trouble getting past it, even though it cant touch your scizor. it can comfortably tank an eq from excadrill, and latias cant do a ton to it. the only thing that can truly handle it is your thundurus thanks to hp flying. now since surf on latias is pretty redundant with scizor and suicune setting up on all of the targets for surf, i'd go with psyshock on latias over surf. other than that looks pretty solid i guess ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)