Battle Maison Discussion & Records

If you got timid and tailwind then you won't need a scarf, you may want the life orb if your not hitting hard enough though on Hydregion. Hyper voice > dazzling gleam on mega-gard as although it gets blocked by soundproof (rare to come by) it is more powerfull (with pixilate ability) and hits through sub users, which is usefull as there are a couple of sub/focus punch users in the maison.
I'm also assuming that your poke have 31iv's and ev trained ideally :)
ohhhh, I can't believe I didn't think about Hyper Voice/Pixiliate combo on Gard! I immediately made the change and very next battle it OHKO'd a Blaziken haha.
And yes to all 31 IVs, the EVs are ideal on all except Gard, I'm not even exactly sure what hers are, I just wanted a Ralts for my first ORAS playthrough and didn't pay much heed to it at the time. But anyway its going much smoother with the Hydreigon/Gard at the back, I went from 200 to 325 wins, so I really appreciate the help! I'll update again once the streak ends, aiming for 500 wins for now!

First run of Experiment A ended at Battle 38 against Breeder Ewert, with a team of Starmie3, Walrein3, and Dragonite3.

ZDQG-WWWW-WW3J-SEHR

Ewert leads Starmie3 against Greninja. Greninja Dark Pulses, knocks Starmie3 down to its Focus Sash. Starmie3 responds with Signal Beam, getting a critical hit on Greninja that kills it. I send out Dragonite, who kills Starmie with Extreme Speed. Out comes Walrein3. I switch out Dragonite to avoid the incoming Blizzard...and not only does Walrein3 get a critical hit, it also freezes. What follows is a desperate and futile attempt to stall Walrein3 out of Blizzards, which sadly fails thanks to it using Hail. Metagross dies before all of Walrein3's Blizzards are gone; Dragonite dies the turn afterwards.

Hax aside, I probably could have won this one by setting Dragonite up on Starmie; the reason I didn't in the battle itself was because I thought it had Ice Beam (Starmie3 doesn't; I was looking at Starmie4's moveset and confused it for Starmie3's). However, it still felt a lot like the RNG was skewed in the Battle Maison's favor this battle, even though I know it doesn't do that (for example, Starmie3 can't kill Greninja with Signal Beam if it doesn't crit). Didn't even get to the legendaries.

On the bright side, I'll probably take this opportunity to rethink the team a little. For one, I've noticed the team lacks an Electric resist outside of Grass-type Greninja.

On a different note, I've noticed the Battle Maison spreadsheet seems to be missing quite a few trainers. Granted, most of them were early set 1 trainers that most wouldn't worry about.

Hey Maison thread. I remember from a while back there was a big post, or maybe it was an article, that broke down a bunch of claims/rumors of the Maison "cheating" and provided logical explanations for every accusation, using known details about Pokemon movesets and AI tendencies. Maybe I'm misremembering the scope of it and it was just a short offhand post in this thread, but does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd like to link it to a person on another site who said that the Maison "has been proven" to cheat.

Apart from asking them to provide replays, which they will either lack entirely or share with you and make it clear from watching that they had some laughably wrong notion of what was supposed to happen (such as the guy who couldn't OHKO Suicune with Talonflame's CB Brave Bird and ate a Surf for the loss)...

Sharing any proof by way of the documents we use or just a rational argument is not going to shut them up, nor will it change their mind. The only thing you can do is discredit people who tell blatantly false warstories, ie Quick Claw Walrein, by demanding replays which they will not have. Don't bother linking them to our documents, as it only spurs more denial and begins to piss you off; in my experience they're not going to consult them either way and learn from the loss. Let them do poorly at the game and miss out on the trophies.

Okay so, a little while ago I got a run to 405 in Super Doubles which was the best run I'd ever gotten and had been done with periodic small increases on my 'original best run' of 274 I got with a Greninja/Mega Kang/Talonflame/Garchomp team last July which I proceeded to modify by changing the Chomp for a Thundurus-T (with horrific IVs but thanks Australian guy I met on holiday for helping me fill out the dex and just giving me a Thundurus) and then changed it to a Conkeldurr as per a previous post I made (which I have no idea how to link here someone tell me so I feel less stupid).

Having said that, I now have no clue how by changing 1 move on the Greninja I went straight from 405 to 980 in one go. But that happened.

Shinobi (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot

Big Momma (Mega Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy / Parental Bond
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Double Edge

Burd VI (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Aerial Ace
- U-Turn

3FDP (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 144 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Everything's the same as the previous time I used this team except for replacing Extrasensory with Grass Knot on the Greninja, and apparently that was enough to double the length of the streak, although I suspect it's more something to do with the fact that I have spent far too many hours of my life leading with Greninja/Mega Kang.

Code for battle number 981 (which I lost) is ADRG-WWWW-WW3K-4S9U

During said battle I came up against a Jynx/Spiritomb lead and as my usual strategy with Jynx is to ignore it because it will use Fake Out, I was completely thrown off by the fact that it used Blizzard and froze my Mega Kangaskhan. I also then made the mistake of not killing the Jynx on turn 2 and targeting the Spiritomb because I hate Spiritomb. Kind of all went downhill from there until I'm left with Conkeldurr facing Slowbro which is never going to go well.

I've got a few more saves of close calls and battles where things actually functioned exactly as they were meant to. But yeah that's my streak. I'd say I'm going to stop using this team but no I'm probably not cause I genuinely enjoy using it.

Battle #1469 - VS Furisode Girl Nigella - Umbreon3/Vaporeon2/Glaceon3/Jolteon4/Flareon/Sylveon2

Every so often I just need to be reminded of how much I hate Glaceon. Freezes are one thing, but they just seem to always come from this thing, and turn a generally terrible team into a nightmare, making it evident of just how badly my team fares against powerful center water types with decent coverage. I'd have preferred Vappy4, because then I could reliably count on it to use Surf and help me kill its partners.

I called my shots as best I could, though, and a few random acts ended up hugely in my favor. If it wasn't already obvious, Glaceon froze Slowbro turn one and prevented TR, and naturally Slowbro would not thaw for the remainder of the battle. I kept Aron in and switched only Camerupt for Clawitzer; I wanted to risk an Endeavor on Vappy because it was in a horrible position and showed Hydro Pump from the getgo. This backfired as it pumped Aron on turn #2 and the other two finished it off.

Then the storm clouds eased up ever so slightly. Glaceon misses Blizzard against Gardevoir who replaced Aron; I correctly chose to double target it with Aura Sphere/Dazzling Gleam as Aura Sphere triggered a sash. Unfortunately Vappy spent a turn on Aqua Ring, which would prevent another DG/Aura Sphere from killing it, and Umbreon barely survived two of them as well; fortunately the RNG wasn't screwing me too badly by this point, because Jolteon replaced Glaceon, thereby enticing it to waste turns attempting to Thunderbolt Slowbro. Vappy2 lacks Shadow Ball, so it wouldn't be targeting Slowbro, either. Umbreon's worst act was spending two turns using Psych Up for no reason and another two on Swagger, missing the first. Clawitzer was the recipient and didn't hit itself.

They did more than enough damage by themselves, though. Vaporeon took down Gardevoir before finally fainting, and in the time it took Camerupt to KO Flareon and Jolteon, it had eaten a Hyper Beam and Superpower, leaving it weak enough to be KOed by Sylveon's Moonblast. By this point Nigella was basically checkmated, though; Landorus was at max HP and easily OHKOs the ground weaks while doing pretty severe damage to Sylveon; Sylveon had eaten a Water Pulse and Earth Power before taking down the users, so with EQ having no damage penalty, it handily finished the job.

Final turn saw Slowbro in its usual spot, frozen with 100 HP (apart from Blizzards, the only other move to hit it was a Jolt4 Fake Tears meant for Landorus) an empty center, and max HP Landorus on the right. The turn it KOed Sylveon was also the turn Camerupt finally met its end.

I'll save the replay for whenever this streak finally ends. This was the only battle to really go to hell in quite a while, though lately I've been fighting a ton of Ice Shard leads, which get annoying.

Last edited:
Currently at 696 in Super Singles after a week of largely sitting around and being sick. I mainly refrained from posting about this simply because I couldn't get on the leaderboard right now. But at around 700 and seeing someone else post about theirs, I figure I might as well show about this. No replays right now as I'm posting from a hotel room (and I don't give out replay codes to the public for personal reasons, but I will gladly write about battles that I feel are worth telling about)

Oh, and as for the team, it's just Jumpman's Kangliscune with copy/pasted EV spreads. Suicune only has 12/13 SpA IV's, but that hasn't hurt me so far.

I dunno how strict NoCheese is about enforcing the rule, but you're going to have to post at least one replay if you want to be put on the leaderboard. The replay carries more weight than the screenshot.

Yeah, especially when it seems like you switched teams mid-streak and made quite a few shaky plays with the team you made on your own, which doesn't provide too much faith in your ability to pick up someone else's team on the fly :/

Hey Maison thread. I remember from a while back there was a big post, or maybe it was an article, that broke down a bunch of claims/rumors of the Maison "cheating" and provided logical explanations for every accusation, using known details about Pokemon movesets and AI tendencies. Maybe I'm misremembering the scope of it and it was just a short offhand post in this thread, but does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd like to link it to a person on another site who said that the Maison "has been proven" to cheat.
The easiest examples (other than just showing this thread where plenty of people have won hundreds/thousands of battles in a row) would be that in many cases when the AI appears to be predicting one's attack or switch, it's really doing something basic like switching in a Pokemon with an ability that provides immunity to whichever move you used last or randomly picking an attack when all of them can KO the Pokemon you currently have out. Just as often, such plays are to the player's advantage because you can get a free hit on the switch or luck out by keeping your Pokemon in and having it survive because the AI missed with an inaccurate move when it had something that could've KOed with 100% accuracy.

I dunno how strict NoCheese is about enforcing the rule, but you're going to have to post at least one replay if you want to be put on the leaderboard. The replay carries more weight than the screenshot.
I generally send replays straight to NoCheese, he's accepted that before. With a longer streak I imagine I'd have to get more involved.

Yeah, especially when it seems like you switched teams mid-streak and made quite a few shaky plays with the team you made on your own, which doesn't provide too much faith in your ability to pick up someone else's team on the fly :/
Sadly I don't really have any way of proving that I am capable of copy/pasting proven teams and using them to their full potential. As people have stated in the past this thread is rather trust based. I'll admit it took me a while to get used to the slow-paced style of Kangliscune, but after a hundred or two battles I've become used to the team and how to handle problematic situations. As for the fact that my own team reached 200, I chalk that almost entirely up to dumb luck that I never faced a truly unwinnable matchup, and that the RNG pulled through for me even in the unfavorable ones. I would NEVER recommend azu/blaze to anyone trying to get a serious streak in Singles, and I doubt that going to 200 with it will ever be replicated soon. The only reason I used Azu/Blaze was because those were the only bred mons I had that would work well in the Maison, and I was too lazy at the time to breed for new ones.

tl;dr Azu/blaze only made it 200 because of sheer luck, kangliscune kinda plays itself in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hello all. My ORAS triples streak has hit another 1k, putting it at 3400.
However, like many others here, I have made substantial changes to the team for the last 1000 battles.

Video 3400: 3ADW-WWWW-WW3J-7VJG: VS Beauty Kenna
Standard Battle. Wide Guard continues to be awesome. Water Pulse boosts Gastrodon’s power for the kill.

Aromatisse @ Lum Berry
Aroma Veil; Sassy Nature
EV: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD

Dazzling Gleam
Trick Room
Helping Hand
Aromatherapy/ Heal Pulse

After seeing Quanyails doubles team way back, I was inspired to breed my own. I loved the idea of neither status nor Taunt having an effect on getting TR up with the combination of Aroma Veil and Lum berry. Aroma Veil’s usefulness is boosted in triples as it also protects the teammates from certain moves. Dazzling Gleam is a great spread move and she is able to 2hko weaker dark, dragon, and fighting types without Taillow having to go after those. Helping Hand adds a nice boost to my sweepers once they hit the battle. Aromatherapy is useful in certain situations; mainly against opponents like Weezing 4, who only throw around statuses. I tried running Heal Pulse for around 100 battles, but found it be less useful.

Taillow @ Focus Sash
Scrappy; Brave Nature
Level 1

Protect
Endeavor
Quick Attack
Toxic

Instead of the little Aron that could, I bred this Taillow to destroy the Maison. The loss of Sturdy and Sandstorm immunity is replaced by Scrappy and immunity to ground and ghost moves. Hitting ghost-types without needing an additional move is nice, especially for those Hex Maniacs that frequently carry only those. Having the immunity to Earthquake is also nice as some opponents like to go after Aegislash, leaving Taillow untouched. Not much more to say, Protect, then Endeavor + Dazzling Gleam. Repeat if possible. Quick Attack is mildly useful (and mildly hilarious) to finish off ‘mons on 1hp. I was running Fly, but did not use it. Toxic was used only once if I recall correctly, to avoid being hit with Sucker Punch. Honestly not sure what else would go into the last slot.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Stance Change; Quiet Nature
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD

Wide Guard
King’s Shield
Flash Cannon
Shadow Ball

For the first 50 battles I was using Bisharp, but after a particular battle* (see below) I bred a special attack Aegi with Wide Guard. Wide Guard is what completes my trifecta to get TR up (the other 2 being Aroma Veil and Lum Berry) turn 1. Aegi is great to stop all those spread moves the opponents love to throw out. Weakness Policy is activated frequently first turn (while in shield mode) and she can dish out some pain the following turns. Also, in attack mode, the defenses are low enough to prompt the AI to go after Aegi instead of Taillow.

Battle 2452: QJ6G-WWWW-WW3J-7VML: VS Madame Inga
Krookodile 4 and Gigalith4 spam Rock Slide killing Aromatisse before TR goes up.
Turn 1 Aromatisse flinches
Turn 2 Aromatisse flinches, Taillow switches to Conkeldurr
Turn 3 Aromatisse faints, Conkeldurr flinches. I think Bisharp dies here. He did manage to take out Heracross, so not a total loss.
Turn 4 Conkeldurr flinches, Taillow Protects
Turn 5 Conkeldurr flinches, Taillow switches to Kangaskhan
Turn 6 Fake Out Krookodile, Conkeldurr lands Drain Punch.

Looking back, I should’ve nailed Krookodile with Mach Punch from the get go, but I did not expect to flinch that many times. Drain Punch worked wonders to keep Conk alive after so many rocks to the face. I proceeded to clean up after these shenanigans.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Iron Fist; Brave Nature
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD

Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Ice Punch
Knock Off

My main physical sweeper. I choose Iron Fist over Guts for a consistent boost to his moves. Drain Punch is awesome and provides recovery. Mach Punch gives priority both in and out of TR; Ice Punch for those flying types (and whatever else is super effective I suppose). Knock Off is great for coverage and removing any aggravating items.

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
Mega Launcher; Quiet Nature
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 Def

Water Pulse
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam

My main special sweeper. Pulse moves and Aura Sphere are awesome in Triples. Add in the power of Mega Launcher and Life Orb and she OHKOs many things. I replaced Dragon Pulse with Ice Beam for coverage. Plus she’s shiny. Now I just need a shiny Aegislash for the team. They really did put out a lot of good shiny color schemes this gen, but anyway back to the team.

Gastrodon @ Rindo Berry
Storm Drain; Quiet Nature
EVs: 100 HP/ 92 Def /252 SpA/ 64 SpD

Earth Power
Scald
Clear Smog
Ice Beam

I had the most trouble choosing the last member of the team. I was using Mega Khan for a while but found her to be underwhelming for this team. Gastrodon has been a good fit thus far. Storm Drain is a wonderful ability, although I didn’t realize at first that it absorbs Water Pulse from my own Clawitzer (I have since been able to use that to my advantage to give boosts as needed). I copied the EV spread from R Inanimate ORAS triples team since I was unsure how to approach this addition. The Rindo berry is for survival. Scald and Earth Power are STAB coverage and as turskain has pointed out, Clear Smog is fantastic as a never miss move with the effect to remove status from the opponent. I have been running Ice Beam, but honestly it is not that useful. With my 2 sweepers running ice moves, I think protect is more useful to eat expected grass moves (as seen below where Protect would’ve been the optimal move).

Bonus:
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Scrappy; Brave Nature

Fake Out
Double Edge
Drain Punch
Sucker Punch

For 600 battles I was using Mega Mom. As the final spot on the team, she functioned pretty well considering her speed tier was weird. Although running a Brave nature, she was often too fast under TR, but too slow once it ended. I think I would have been better off running Adamant honestly considering TR was often finished by the time mom was ready to hit the field. Anyway a great mega pokemon to be sure, and Scrappy was the best ability this time around to hit ghosts if my sweepers were out of commission. Fake Out is wonderful and Double Edge for the immediate power. Sucker Punch is awesome for making up for the speed. Drain Punch never saw much action if my memory serves me correctly but it is nice to round out the coverage.

Although the team runs very efficiently, here is a list of things to look out for.

Flinches: Mostly Rock Slide. Flinch is a big no for Aromatisse. I always Wide Guard when Rock Slide is possible (that means a lot of the time). Fake Out is special mention as the AI may go after Aromatisse instead of Taillow. Iron Head is special mention #2 as once during this run Registeel went after Aromatisse and, you guessed it, caused a flinch 2x before TR went up.

Sandstorm & Hail: Removes the Focus Sash on Taillow. Also grants some opponents evasion boosts.

Evasion: Speaking of, Taillow only has so many opportunities to attack. Missing one of those is never a good thing.

Priority: Includes moves, berries, and Quick Claw. Priority ignores TR, which usually means Taillow is going down without much of a fight.

Protect: Not an actual threat, but similar to evasion. A well timed Protect prevents Taillow from connecting with an attack.

Blizzard: Again, not a huge threat (at time of writing) but deserves special mention. I generally do not use Wide Guard against Blizzard since Taillow is behind Protect and Aromatisse has the Lum berry. That means that every so often Aegislash is frozen.

Specific Pokemon to look out for:
Abomasnow3 & 4. Hail and Ice Shard. Unless Aegislash is able to attack and it is not set 3 with Focus Sash, my lead 3 cannot beat without losing Taillow.

Bastiodon4. Anyone who has used similar strategies is familiar with this punk. Slower than Aegislash, Carries Wide guard & Rock Slide. Has Sitrus Berry. Just a pain in the butt. Not a threat to the team, but my lead 3 cannot defeat it without losing Taillow.

Cofagirus (any). Slower than Aegislash and is not OHKO’d before Weakness Policy activates. Also will remove Scrappy from Taillow on contact to prevent attacks on other ghosts.

Dusknior4. Will randomaly spam TR. Aegislash does not OHKO before Weakness Policy. Plus carries Shadow Sneak to hit Aegi hard the following turn.

Muk4. Quick Claw Explosion is never fun. As of time of writing has never gone for Gunk Shot on Aromatisse on Turn 1. I assume this is due to Taillow not being immune as Aron would be.

Metagross4. Only once have I seen Metagross go for an attack Turn 1 on Aromatisse with Meteor Mash. It is not a OHKO, but I still like to be cautious.

Heatran (all). Is not killed on 12 HP with Dazzling Gleam. As turskain's calculator puts it, “possibly the worst move ever.”

Final Thoughts:
My first few battles were shaky, I forgot to hit Trick Room mostly, but it is fun to easily predict the attack on Taillow. I may continue on with this team but I do miss my other guys. Plus with the introduction of a new pokemon, maybe this means a new game with a new battle facility to challenge. Either way, it’s time for a break.

My next move for this team would be to optimize the EV spreads. As you can see, I used the basic 252/252/4 for everyone to get started on the streak. Effective as it is, I think it could be better with some tweaking.

I have a few battle videos to mention. I was planning on going through all my previous battles, but there were almost 100. I got through about 20 before I got bored. It appears that many battles were saved for reaching certain milestones, or I was up against “potential” threats. So I gave up and did not go through all of them. Here are some good ones though! BTW my new strategy is to stop and re-watch a saved video immediately and take notes so I don’t encounter this again.

3176- ZPLG-WWWW-WW3J-7VKA: VS Chef Frank.
Meganium1 leads with Light Screen, preventing me from securing some kills during this battle. Rapidash and Tangrowth faint to be replaced with Exeggutor3 and Shiftry2. Exeggutor manages to grab a nice boost from Ancient Power as it knocks out Taillow. Shiftry lands Swagger on Aegislash that leaves her incapaicated for the duration of the battle (hits self 3x and faints). Conkeldurr fails to kill Exeggutor and takes a Psychic to the face. Clawitzer uses Ice Beam on Shiftry and is then hit with Leaf Storm. Gastrodon hits the field and promptly takes a combo of Solarbeam and Leaf Storm while Dazzling Gleam finally kills Exeggutor. Light Screen and TR both end and now it’s Aromatisse (full health) VS Meganium (about ½ health and no more Sitrus berry). He charges up Solar Beam while I TR again. Aromatisse hits with Dazzling Gleam then survives a critical SolarBeam to land the finishing blow next turn.

Scary battle, closest one with this team. I noticed a few changes that could’ve be made.
1. Why didn’t I switch to shield mode to take less damage? Stupid.
2. I should’ve attacked Exeggutor with Clawitzer instead of Shiftry.
3. Protect over Ice beam. Exeggutor would’ve fainted, Meganium would’ve been stuck in a SolarBeam loop as I Protect on the firing turn.

2837- TDJG-WWWW-WW3J-7VL7
VS Garcon Darcy. Trevenant uses TR for some back and forth to keep the dimensions shifted. Taillow goes down without putting up a fight

2804- QR9G-WWWW-WW3J-7VLN: VS Cheff Cobb
Aegislash is frozen turn 1. I use Aromatherapy instead of Dazzling Gleam which means Taillow goes down. The battle continues as normal after this however.

2460- 446W-WWWW-WW3J-7VM6: VS Artist Rose.
Aromatisse and Dusknoir4 play TR tag until Aromatisse is hit with Gunk Shot from Muk4 leaving Dusknoir to set up TR before being KO’ed by Aegislash. Clawitzer manages to take a Fissure from Walrein but I take over from here as Wide Guard blocks Explosion from Muk and Roserade is frozen from Ice Punch.

Using team up to 2400- Team “Double Dragon” as I like to call it:

2385- QNXW-WWWW-WW3J-7VN4: VS Worker Ivan.
I fail to knock out Empoleon, but do manage to activate its Petaya berry. Blizzard wrecks Thundurus and MegaMence while Magnezone finishes off Greninja to leave me 3 vs 6 turn 2. Fortunately Wide Guard works its magic again while I beat his team down. Scizor hits Garchomp with Bug Bite to activate Rough Skin for the win here.

2311- M59W-WWWW-WW3J-7VZU: VS Madame Arabella.
Lead Aromatisse carries Aroma Veil to prevent Taunt from connecting while it uses Trick Room. Meanwhile Liligant hits Teeter Dance back to back while I keep switching to prevent hitting myself. Funny enough, her Conkeldurr hits itself 3x (hax) in a row before landing a poorly timed Ice Punch on Aegislash that was meant for Salamence. TR comes to an end and the battle finishes up nicely.

2296- B5CW-WWWW-WW3J-7VQM: VS Chef Cobb (again).
One of the tougher battles thanks to his leads. Greninja has Protean and Porygon2 traces Protean from my Greninja. Fearing losing the speed tie, I protect with Mence instead of Dragon Dance. Turn 2, I neglect to factor in the missed DD and realize after getting hit with Blizzard that MegaMence is not faster than Greninja. Both Thundurus and Mence faint, and Greninja is right behind them leaving me 3 vs 6 once again. After beating his lead 3 down, I face Walrein, Glaceon, and Avalugg. Wide Guard stops Glaceon from doing anything while it is revealed to be Walrein2 who does not do a lot of damage to Chomp with Ice Ball. Combination of Fly and Protect keep Talonflame alive from Stone Edge while I get the win. This guy, I swear.

2192- FJ2W-WWWW-WW35-C595: VS Scientist Candela
Greninja is hit with Thunder and subsequently paralyzed, causing Mat Block to not go up. Salamence is also paralyzed turn 1. Encore from Raichu causes problems for Thundurus, as he is stuck throwing Taunt at everyone. Aegislash comes in clutch, taking out 4 of the team, with Weakness Policy activating and avoiding Will-o-Wisp and paralysis.
I noticed while rewatching that Raichu (her last remaining versus Aegislash turn 15) could have also used Encore for a victory. Still the closest to ending this streak I have been.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to seeing what else you all come up with here!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-315278771
Watch this replay whenever you need to blow off some steam, anyone can fall victim to unlucky maison sets.
That was pretty funny to watch (after the exciting action of hypnosis and calm mind for 20 turns). I also enjoyed the names of the pokemon. Too bad the Maison doesn't do us that courtesy.

*headdesk*

While farting around and looking up various move properties unrelated to my team, I was reminded that Scald thaws the user when frozen. In that crummy Eeveelution battle, Slowbro was in next to no danger of being slain by Glaceon or Vaporeon, and in the time it took me to kill Glaceon and bring in Jolteon, I wasted enough turns when I could have easily thawed, then attempted another TR. On that turn I also would have broken Glaceon's sash and not needed Gardevoir to help, allowing it to use Moonblast on Vappy and get a fat piece of damage and potentially a SpA debuff. This would have also enabled Slowbro to get to work spamming Heal Pulse which is occasionally a major source of longevity for my cannons. I probably wouldn't have even lost a single poke, let alone the four that fell during the original battle (then again I might have still risked sacrificing Aron.)

*headdesk*

However, like many others here, I have made substantial changes to the team for the last 1000 battles.

Standard Battle. Wide Guard continues to be awesome. Water Pulse boosts Gastrodon’s power for the kill.

Aromatisse @ Lum Berry
Aroma Veil; Sassy Nature

Dazzling Gleam
Trick Room
Helping Hand
Aromatherapy/ Heal Pulse

After seeing Quanyails doubles team way back, I was inspired to breed my own. I loved the idea of neither status nor Taunt having an effect on getting TR up with the combination of Aroma Veil and Lum berry. Aroma Veil’s usefulness is boosted in triples as it also protects the teammates from certain moves. Dazzling Gleam is a great spread move and she is able to 2hko weaker dark, dragon, and fighting types without Taillow having to go after those. Helping Hand adds a nice boost to my sweepers once they hit the battle. Aromatherapy is useful in certain situations; mainly against opponents like Weezing 4, who only throw around statuses. I tried running Heal Pulse for around 100 battles, but found it be less useful.

Taillow @ Focus Sash
Scrappy; Brave Nature
Level 1

Protect
Endeavor
Quick Attack
Toxic

Instead of the little Aron that could, I bred this Taillow to destroy the Maison. The loss of Sturdy and Sandstorm immunity is replaced by Scrappy and immunity to ground and ghost moves. Hitting ghost-types without needing an additional move is nice, especially for those Hex Maniacs that frequently carry only those. Having the immunity to Earthquake is also nice as some opponents like to go after Aegislash, leaving Taillow untouched. Not much more to say, Protect, then Endeavor + Dazzling Gleam. Repeat if possible. Quick Attack is mildly useful (and mildly hilarious) to finish off ‘mons on 1hp. I was running Fly, but did not use it. Toxic was used only once if I recall correctly, to avoid being hit with Sucker Punch. Honestly not sure what else would go into the last slot.

Wide Guard
King’s Shield
Flash Cannon
Shadow Ball

For the first 50 battles I was using Bisharp, but after a particular battle* (see below) I bred a special attack Aegi with Wide Guard. Wide Guard is what completes my trifecta to get TR up (the other 2 being Aroma Veil and Lum Berry) turn 1. Aegi is great to stop all those spread moves the opponents love to throw out. Weakness Policy is activated frequently first turn (while in shield mode) and she can dish out some pain the following turns. Also, in attack mode, the defenses are low enough to prompt the AI to go after Aegi instead of Taillow.

Krookodile 4 and Gigalith4 spam Rock Slide killing Aromatisse before TR goes up.
Turn 3 Aromatisse faints, Conkeldurr flinches. I think Bisharp dies here. He did manage to take out Heracross, so not a total loss.

Looking back, I should’ve nailed Krookodile with Mach Punch from the get go, but I did not expect to flinch that many times. Drain Punch worked wonders to keep Conk alive after so many rocks to the face. I proceeded to clean up after these shenanigans.

Iron Fist; Brave Nature

Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Ice Punch
Knock Off

My main physical sweeper. I choose Iron Fist over Guts for a consistent boost to his moves. Drain Punch is awesome and provides recovery. Mach Punch gives priority both in and out of TR; Ice Punch for those flying types (and whatever else is super effective I suppose). Knock Off is great for coverage and removing any aggravating items.

Clawitzer @ Life Orb

Water Pulse
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam

My main special sweeper. Pulse moves and Aura Sphere are awesome in Triples. Add in the power of Mega Launcher and Life Orb and she OHKOs many things. I replaced Dragon Pulse with Ice Beam for coverage. Plus she’s shiny. Now I just need a shiny Aegislash for the team. They really did put out a lot of good shiny color schemes this gen, but anyway back to the team.

Gastrodon @ Rindo Berry

Earth Power
Scald
Clear Smog
Ice Beam

I had the most trouble choosing the last member of the team. I was using Mega Khan for a while but found her to be underwhelming for this team. Gastrodon has been a good fit thus far. Storm Drain is a wonderful ability, although I didn’t realize at first that it absorbs Water Pulse from my own Clawitzer (I have since been able to use that to my advantage to give boosts as needed). I copied the EV spread from R Inanimate ORAS triples team since I was unsure how to approach this addition. The Rindo berry is for survival. Scald and Earth Power are STAB coverage and as turskain has pointed out, Clear Smog is fantastic as a never miss move with the effect to remove status from the opponent. I have been running Ice Beam, but honestly it is not that useful. With my 2 sweepers running ice moves, I think protect is more useful to eat expected grass moves (as seen below where Protect would’ve been the optimal move).

Bonus:
Scrappy; Brave Nature

Fake Out
Double Edge
Drain Punch
Sucker Punch

For 600 battles I was using Mega Mom. As the final spot on the team, she functioned pretty well considering her speed tier was weird. Although running a Brave nature, she was often too fast under TR, but too slow once it ended. I think I would have been better off running Adamant honestly considering TR was often finished by the time mom was ready to hit the field. Anyway a great mega pokemon to be sure, and Scrappy was the best ability this time around to hit ghosts if my sweepers were out of commission. Fake Out is wonderful and Double Edge for the immediate power. Sucker Punch is awesome for making up for the speed. Drain Punch never saw much action if my memory serves me correctly but it is nice to round out the coverage.

Although the team runs very efficiently, here is a list of things to look out for.

Flinches: Mostly Rock Slide. Flinch is a big no for Aromatisse. I always Wide Guard when Rock Slide is possible (that means a lot of the time). Fake Out is special mention as the AI may go after Aromatisse instead of Taillow. Iron Head is special mention #2 as once during this run Registeel went after Aromatisse and, you guessed it, caused a flinch 2x before TR went up.

Sandstorm & Hail: Removes the Focus Sash on Taillow. Also grants some opponents evasion boosts.

Evasion: Speaking of, Taillow only has so many opportunities to attack. Missing one of those is never a good thing.

Priority: Includes moves, berries, and Quick Claw. Priority ignores TR, which usually means Taillow is going down without much of a fight.

Protect: Not an actual threat, but similar to evasion. A well timed Protect prevents Taillow from connecting with an attack.

Blizzard: Again, not a huge threat (at time of writing) but deserves special mention. I generally do not use Wide Guard against Blizzard since Taillow is behind Protect and Aromatisse has the Lum berry. That means that every so often Aegislash is frozen.

Abomasnow3 & 4. Hail and Ice Shard. Unless Aegislash is able to attack and it is not set 3 with Focus Sash, my lead 3 cannot beat without losing Taillow.

Bastiodon4. Anyone who has used similar strategies is familiar with this punk. Slower than Aegislash, Carries Wide guard & Rock Slide. Has Sitrus Berry. Just a pain in the butt. Not a threat to the team, but my lead 3 cannot defeat it without losing Taillow.

Cofagirus (any). Slower than Aegislash and is not OHKO’d before Weakness Policy activates. Also will remove Scrappy from Taillow on contact to prevent attacks on other ghosts.

Dusknior4. Will randomaly spam TR. Aegislash does not OHKO before Weakness Policy. Plus carries Shadow Sneak to hit Aegi hard the following turn.

Muk4. Quick Claw Explosion is never fun. As of time of writing has never gone for Gunk Shot on Aromatisse on Turn 1. I assume this is due to Taillow not being immune as Aron would be.

Metagross4. Only once have I seen Metagross go for an attack Turn 1 on Aromatisse with Meteor Mash. It is not a OHKO, but I still like to be cautious.

Heatran (all). Is not killed on 12 HP with Dazzling Gleam. As turskain's calculator puts it, “possibly the worst move ever.”

Final Thoughts:
My first few battles were shaky, I forgot to hit Trick Room mostly, but it is fun to easily predict the attack on Taillow. I may continue on with this team but I do miss my other guys. Plus with the introduction of a new pokemon, maybe this means a new game with a new battle facility to challenge. Either way, it’s time for a break.

My next move for this team would be to optimize the EV spreads. As you can see, I used the basic 252/252/4 for everyone to get started on the streak. Effective as it is, I think it could be better with some tweaking.

I have a few battle videos to mention. I was planning on going through all my previous battles, but there were almost 100. I got through about 20 before I got bored. It appears that many battles were saved for reaching certain milestones, or I was up against “potential” threats. So I gave up and did not go through all of them. Here are some good ones though! BTW my new strategy is to stop and re-watch a saved video immediately and take notes so I don’t encounter this again.

Meganium1 leads with Light Screen, preventing me from securing some kills during this battle. Rapidash and Tangrowth faint to be replaced with Exeggutor3 and Shiftry2. Exeggutor manages to grab a nice boost from Ancient Power as it knocks out Taillow. Shiftry lands Swagger on Aegislash that leaves her incapaicated for the duration of the battle (hits self 3x and faints). Conkeldurr fails to kill Exeggutor and takes a Psychic to the face. Clawitzer uses Ice Beam on Shiftry and is then hit with Leaf Storm. Gastrodon hits the field and promptly takes a combo of Solarbeam and Leaf Storm while Dazzling Gleam finally kills Exeggutor. Light Screen and TR both end and now it’s Aromatisse (full health) VS Meganium (about ½ health and no more Sitrus berry). He charges up Solar Beam while I TR again. Aromatisse hits with Dazzling Gleam then survives a critical SolarBeam to land the finishing blow next turn.

Scary battle, closest one with this team. I noticed a few changes that could’ve be made.
3. Protect over Ice beam. Exeggutor would’ve fainted, Meganium would’ve been stuck in a SolarBeam loop as I Protect on the firing turn.

VS Garcon Darcy. Trevenant uses TR for some back and forth to keep the dimensions shifted. Taillow goes down without putting up a fight

Aegislash is frozen turn 1. I use Aromatherapy instead of Dazzling Gleam which means Taillow goes down. The battle continues as normal after this however.

Aromatisse and Dusknoir4 play TR tag until Aromatisse is hit with Gunk Shot from Muk4 leaving Dusknoir to set up TR before being KO’ed by Aegislash. Clawitzer manages to take a Fissure from Walrein but I take over from here as Wide Guard blocks Explosion from Muk and Roserade is frozen from Ice Punch.

I fail to knock out Empoleon, but do manage to activate its Petaya berry. Blizzard wrecks Thundurus and MegaMence while Magnezone finishes off Greninja to leave me 3 vs 6 turn 2. Fortunately Wide Guard works its magic again while I beat his team down. Scizor hits Garchomp with Bug Bite to activate Rough Skin for the win here.

Lead Aromatisse carries Aroma Veil to prevent Taunt from connecting while it uses Trick Room. Meanwhile Liligant hits Teeter Dance back to back while I keep switching to prevent hitting myself. Funny enough, her Conkeldurr hits itself 3x (hax) in a row before landing a poorly timed Ice Punch on Aegislash that was meant for Salamence. TR comes to an end and the battle finishes up nicely.

One of the tougher battles thanks to his leads. Greninja has Protean and Porygon2 traces Protean from my Greninja. Fearing losing the speed tie, I protect with Mence instead of Dragon Dance. Turn 2, I neglect to factor in the missed DD and realize after getting hit with Blizzard that MegaMence is not faster than Greninja. Both Thundurus and Mence faint, and Greninja is right behind them leaving me 3 vs 6 once again. After beating his lead 3 down, I face Walrein, Glaceon, and Avalugg. Wide Guard stops Glaceon from doing anything while it is revealed to be Walrein2 who does not do a lot of damage to Chomp with Ice Ball. Combination of Fly and Protect keep Talonflame alive from Stone Edge while I get the win. This guy, I swear.

Greninja is hit with Thunder and subsequently paralyzed, causing Mat Block to not go up. Salamence is also paralyzed turn 1. Encore from Raichu causes problems for Thundurus, as he is stuck throwing Taunt at everyone. Aegislash comes in clutch, taking out 4 of the team, with Weakness Policy activating and avoiding Will-o-Wisp and paralysis.
I noticed while rewatching that Raichu (her last remaining versus Aegislash turn 15) could have also used Encore for a victory. Still the closest to ending this streak I have been.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to seeing what else you all come up with here!

That was pretty funny to watch (after the exciting action of hypnosis and calm mind for 20 turns). I also enjoyed the names of the pokemon. Too bad the Maison doesn't do us that courtesy.

Looks like Turskain's 6k run might get taken down before Sun & Moon is out.

Aromatisse @ Lum Berry
Aroma Veil; Sassy Nature

Dazzling Gleam
Trick Room
Helping Hand
Aromatherapy/ Heal Pulse

Taillow @ Focus Sash
Scrappy; Brave Nature
Level 1

Protect
Endeavor
Quick Attack
Toxic

Wide Guard
King’s Shield
Flash Cannon
Shadow Ball

Iron Fist; Brave Nature

Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Ice Punch
Knock Off

Clawitzer @ Life Orb

Water Pulse
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam

Gastrodon @ Rindo Berry

Earth Power
Scald
Clear Smog
Ice Beam

Bonus:
Scrappy; Brave Nature

Fake Out
Double Edge
Drain Punch
Sucker Punch

Final Thoughts:

Always happy to see Clawitzer making its way onto teams, as well as more Trick Room. Good job maintaining your streak!

By the way, what I do with replays after saving a lot is quickly skimming through them and deleting ones that don't immediately dredge up a memory. Usually if a battle was that noteworthy, seeing the lineup will trigger something. Occasionally I'll still delete them since there are plenty of battles I don't care to remember even though I can :P

Last edited:
Well time to officially post my triples streak as it's finally come to an end. I got to 347 win, which interestingly puts me tied in the leaderboard with another person!

Proof Video:
642W-WWWW-WW3J-SPTV

I was using a guts/toxic orb Flareon and a support Suicune initially, since I got them from the coliseum GameCube series and thought it'd be fun to dust them off, but once I encountered veterans I realized this wasn't going to hold up, and switched to Kang/Typhlosion.

Team 1 (Battles 1-200):
[Except forKang/Typhlosion who came in at 45 or so]

Greninja @ focus sash
Ability: Protean
- Mat Block
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Aron @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
- Endeavor
- Protect
- Sandstorm -> Toxic
- Shadow Claw

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry -> Assault Vest
Ability: Static
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Drill Peck
- Tailwind -> Heat Wave

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
- Eruption
- Blast Burn
- Rock Slide
- Focus Blast
(I didn't really ever use anything other than eruption. Typhlosion was also a sentimental pick as my heart gold starter that I had to change out due to crazy number of Earthquakes)

Mega Kangaskhan @ mega stone
Ability: Parental Bond
- Fake out
- Power-up Punch
- Return
- Ice Punch

I hardly needed Typhlosion or Kang, but the back two were key in a pinch, and the changes I made were crucial when replacing those two to keep the streak alive.
Team 2 additions (battles 201-347):

Hydreigon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize -> Pixilate
Nature: Bashful
- Psychic (should have picked Psyshock, ugh)
- Trick Room (to counter those nasty trick room users by reversing the effects)
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam -> Hyper Voice

Basic concept nothing new, I would really prioritize bringing in Mat Block as much as I could, basically leaving all the damage to Dragonite and Aron, and finishing blows to U-turn, Volt Switch and EQ/Rock slide from Dragonite. Most games I had 2 or 3 Mat Blocks and 3 or 4 endeavors. Problems encountered were hail, trick room and heavy protect users like Venusaur.

Combination of user error, Glaceon coming in like wrecking ball, and Blissey with the minimize. Waisted several attacks on Glaceon using detect. Jolteon speed hurt me bad. I still had numbers advantage after that, but combination of Shuckle and Blissey with almost no physical moves left was gonna be rough. I got poisoned early, Greninja U-turn couldn't reach Blissey until auto center. I'm certain I would have won if I'd had Psyshock. Shuckle wasn't much trouble but the minimize/soft boil combo while the power of poison increased was deadly. I was really hoping for just one critical hit to bail me out. Sooo many misses from just one minimize, it's quite a move. And of course mud bomb hitting over and over didn't help either.

I'm not sure what the procedures are for what Pokemon gets listed on the leaderboard, but if it's limited to 6 for smaller streaks I'd rather it be Gard/Hydreigon with my core 4. But I'm just happy to be on there at all regardless of how it's listed!!

Last edited:
"Them?" Suicune perhaps, but Guts is Flareon's hidden ability, which wasn't legitimately obtainable (or even a thing) during Colosseum or XD's release. Any Flareon produced from an Eevee from either game would have Flash Fire and nothing else. My memory is a bit foggy on Colosseum but I think Eevee was only obtainable from XD, as a starter.

Always happy to see Clawitzer making its way onto teams, as well as more Trick Room. Good job maintaining your streak!

By the way, what I do with replays after saving a lot is quickly skimming through them and deleting ones that don't immediately dredge up a memory. Usually if a battle was that noteworthy, seeing the lineup will trigger something. Occasionally I'll still delete them since there are plenty of battles I don't care to remember even though I can :P
Thanks.
That seems like a good idea. Appreciate the feedback!

Looks like Turskain's 6k run might get taken down before Sun & Moon is out.
That is very unlikely but thanks for the positive vibes!

Last edited:
I was finally able to break my previous record in Doubles but I'm still pretty disappointed as I was hoping I could do better and I really like this team. 228 victories, hopefully I can break it some day.

I call this strategy the "Land and Sky Offense", as it focuses on spamming Earthquake and Aerilate Hyper Voice. All of the types that resist Flying are weak to Ground and two of the three types that resist Ground are weak to Flying, so they cover each others pretty well. Earthquake is physical, Hyper Voice is special, and they're both reliable and powerful spread moves, so the strategy is quite effective. This team also has the so called "fantasy core" (Steel/Dragon/Fairy), although that wasn't my intention originally. Anyway, here's the team:

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Drill Run

I didn't know I could love an Ability this much. I used to think that Sand Rush Excadrill is the shit, but I was wrong. Mold Breaker is THE shit. There's no better feeling in this world than the one you get after you OHKO a Gengar with Earthquake. It's literally better than sex. Other important targets include Eelektross and Latios, who are both 2HKO'd by Earthquake. The greatest thing is that the enemy AI does not understand Mold Breaker, so it keeps switching Pokemon like Mismagius into my Earthquakes, expecting the Pokemon to be immune to the hit. I've had very enjoyable matches against trainers that lead with Gengar AND Mismagius, as if their Levitates meant something. Excadrill is awesome, I love it.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate / Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

I know most people prefer physical Salamence, but I went for special here. Intimidate instantly cripples physical attackers and special moveset means that Salamence doesn't mind opposing Intimidate or burn. No strategy required here, just click Hyper Voice and watch as things die. Flamethrower is there for Steel-types, but I used it like five times during those 229 battles. Protect is necessary to safely get the Speed boost and beat things like Virizion 1 and 3, both of which outspeed Mence during the turn of Mega Evolution and deal nasty damage with Stone Edge. Protect also causes the AI to waste turns using Ice Beam, allowing my leads to safely defeat bulkier targets that fall to EQ + EQ + HV.

Jellicent @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain

Jellicent is purely a gluemon. This bulky offensive set may seem weird and shit, but it's perfect for this team. Jellicent effortlessly switches into Water-, Fire-, and Fighting-moves for Excadrill, Ice Beams for Salamence (thawing itself out with Scald), and Poison- and Steel-moves for Sylveon. The synergy that Jellicent has with this team is out of this world. It also handles bulky Water-types with Ice coverage, as those things threaten both of my leads. Assault Vest gives Jellicent massive special bulk and gives it the ability to survive a Shadow Ball from powerful Mons like Gengar and Chandelure.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I didn't really know what to have as my last Pokemon, so I went with Sylveon to fuck with specially defensive Dragons like Latias that would threaten Salamence. I've used Shadow Ball like once, Psyshock and HP Fire never. Specs Pixilate Hyper Voice is so obscenely powerful that Sylveon doesn't really need anything else. I've swept entire teams of legendaries with this thing. Sylveon is insane. And cute.

So, here's the loss: F7SW-WWWW-WWX4-YQN8

I had really bad luck in this match. The problem was Suicune 2 as a lead. I had six full mock matches against the team and I won five out of them, so victory definitely wasn't out of my reach. The thing that makes Suicune 2 so troubling is that it can target either Excadrill or Salamence and it seems to have no preference in this situation. Most of the time you can defeat a certain threat because you know what it's going to do, but that's not the case here. In addition to those six full matches I played several first rounds just to examine what the Suicune would do, and the choice between Hydro Pumping Excadrill and Ice Beaming Salamence seems to be pretty much 50/50. It's just coin flip. I was always able to win easily when I Protected against an Ice Beam, but losing Excadrill made thing considerably more difficult (just like in the real match), although I was able to win a couple of those matches too. Another problem was Registeel, which threatened Sylveon so I couldn't just switch to Jellicent and Sylveon at the beginning. Jellicent also had no real way of getting rid of Registeel, making everything more complicated. I think I could have still beaten the real match if it wasn't for that unlucky critical hit against Jellicent, as it can survive a Thunderbolt from Thundurus 2:

252 SpA Choice Specs Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Jellicent: 146-174 (70.5 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Basically, it was the combination of bad matchup and bad luck that sealed my fate during that one time that it actually mattered.
Just wanted to say thanks for this! I know very little about doubles but this team seemed like a good fit for me so I bred them all and with some minor modifications to movesets, finally made it to 50! I may continue the streak after a short break and try to customise the team further. Is there a reason you avoid Slowbro / King in place of Jellicent? Regenerator + Assault Vest seems like a good combo and it gets Flamethrower to give you another answer to steel types which threaten Sylveon if you are forced to double switch.

Last edited:
So this is my first attempt at a particularly long streak. Before now my best record was a paltry 33 wins in Super Singles, but then I found this thread, saw the kinds of streak people were getting, and how they did it. So here's the team I put together.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy -> Parental Bond
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/15/31/31
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Earthquake
-Power-Up Punch

Durant (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/29/31/31
EVs: 172 HP / 108 Def / 228 Spe
-Entrainment
-Iron Head
-X-Scissor
-Aerial Ace

Volcarona (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
IVs: 31/11/31/31/31/31
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain
-Protect

Right now I'm currently sitting at 80 wins, and still going. I'll be sure to post a video or something when I eventually do lose, but for now I'm curious if any of the seasoned pros around here had any advice for how to improve my team. The biggest question mark for me is the Volcarona. I'd like to keep Volcarona on my team, but I'm curious if I could make him more optimal? As he is now, when he's fully boosted up, he has no problem OHKOing absolutely everything, aside from Focus Sash carriers and pokes with Sturdy. I'm wondering if things like the 252 SpA or Life Orb are kinda overkill? Should I make him more bulky, and would it be worth it? How much speed and/or special attack could I get away with giving up? Would Leftovers or something be a better item? Thanks in advance.

So this is my first attempt at a particularly long streak. Before now my best record was a paltry 33 wins in Super Singles, but then I found this thread, saw the kinds of streak people were getting, and how they did it. So here's the team I put together.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy -> Parental Bond
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/15/31/31
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Earthquake
-Power-Up Punch

Durant (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/29/31/31
EVs: 172 HP / 108 Def / 228 Spe
-Entrainment
-Iron Head
-X-Scissor
-Aerial Ace

Volcarona (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
IVs: 31/11/31/31/31/31
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain
-Protect

Right now I'm currently sitting at 80 wins, and still going. I'll be sure to post a video or something when I eventually do lose, but for now I'm curious if any of the seasoned pros around here had any advice for how to improve my team. The biggest question mark for me is the Volcarona. I'd like to keep Volcarona on my team, but I'm curious if I could make him more optimal? As he is now, when he's fully boosted up, he has no problem OHKOing absolutely everything, aside from Focus Sash carriers and pokes with Sturdy. I'm wondering if things like the 252 SpA or Life Orb are kinda overkill? Should I make him more bulky, and would it be worth it? How much speed and/or special attack could I get away with giving up? Would Leftovers or something be a better item? Thanks in advance.
Focus Sash instead of Life Orb so you don't automatically lose to anything with Sturdy + a rock move would be the easiest change to make without having to juggle too much else around. Modest instead of Timid would be the next best, and I wouldn't fret too much about the EVs beyond max SpA for now since the stuff this team would lose to is going to beat it regardless of EV spread.

Focus Sash instead of Life Orb so you don't automatically lose to anything with Sturdy + a rock move would be the easiest change to make without having to juggle too much else around. Modest instead of Timid would be the next best, and I wouldn't fret too much about the EVs beyond max SpA for now since the stuff this team would lose to is going to beat it regardless of EV spread.
Ahh, good call on Focus Sash. I did run into a Probopass at one point that had Sturdy, and scared the crap out of me. Luckily all he had to throw at me was Power Gem, which kinda tinked off due to the insane amount of SpD I got from all the Quiver Dances. I thought he was gonna Stone Edge me for sure.

Something else that your team really really dislikes is second mon Entei1 - Between Focus Sash and Stone Edge, it is extremely problematic for Volcarona. Additionally, it can even have Flash Fire, in which case this happens: +6 252+ SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 121-143 (63.6 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. This spells doom if your sash has been broken, and as Veterans can carry Sturdy Regirock, (Set 1 also runs Sandstorm, I may add) it is possible that Volcarona faints just from bad team matchup. - Even versus a lead Regirock where you can get an Entrainment off, Sandstorm screws with your sash, and this (+6 252+ SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Regirock in Sand: 186-220 (99.4 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO) is bad. Yes, this is unlikely, but it's certainly possible. Heatran shrugs off whatever you can throw at it with Flash Fire and wrecks you with just one crit. Additionally, set 2 carries Protect to foil potential Entrainments (although it probably will be going for the OHKO). With it living 4 Giga Drains, the odds of it getting that crit aren't even that bad.
However, what seems to be the biggest possible threat you can face is Medicham3 as a lead. Between outspeeding Kangaskhan pre-mega and OHKOing it with HJK, OHKOing Durant switch-ins with crit HJK, and KOing itself versus Volcarona with HJK, this thing is horrible news for your team. It also 2HKOes Volcarona with Zen Headbutt and can possibly flinch if you need to set it up without Entrainment. Thankfully it's extremely rare (only one trainer after battle 40 can use it, and they also use Medicham4), but it threatens a potential loss for your team just by virtue of being in the lead position.

Last edited:
Something else that your team really really dislikes is second mon Entei1 - Between Focus Sash and Stone Edge, it is extremely problematic for Volcarona. Additionally, it can even have Flash Fire, in which case this happens: +6 252+ SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 121-143 (63.6 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. This spells doom if your sash has been broken, and as Veterans can carry Sturdy Regirock, (Set 1 also runs Sandstorm, I may add) it is possible that Volcarona faints just from bad team matchup. - Even versus a lead Regirock where you can get an Entrainment off, Sandstorm screws with your sash, and this (+6 252+ SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Regirock in Sand: 186-220 (99.4 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO) is bad. Yes, this is unlikely, but it's certainly possible. Heatran shrugs off whatever you can throw at it with Flash Fire and wrecks you with just one crit. Additionally, set 2 carries Protect to foil potential Entrainments (although it probably will be going for the OHKO). With it living 4 Giga Drains, the odds of it getting that crit aren't even that bad.
However, what seems to be the biggest possible threat you can face is Medicham3 as a lead. Between outspeeding and OHKOing Kangaskhan pre-mega and OHKOing it with HJK, OHKOing Durant switch-ins with crit HJK, and KOing itself versus Volcarona with HJK, this thing is horrible news for your team. It also 2HKOes Volcarona with Zen Headbutt and can possibly flinch if you need to set it up without Entrainment. Thankfully it's extremely rare (only one trainer after battle 40 can use it, and they also use Medicham4), but it threatens a potential loss for your team just by virtue of being in the lead position.
Giga Drain would recover enough HP to get Volcarona's Sash back and Sandstorm would surely not be active once Volcarona is fully set up. Besides, any Regirock in the lead position allows Kangaskhan to set up.

Heatran definitely would need more than one critical hit because Giga Drain recovers more HP than Heatran can take off without a crit. Between the possibility that Kangaskhan is already out there to KO Heatran and that, it certainly qualifies as "rare enough" if you have to use Volcarona in the first place.

Yea I really like the synergy of having Focus Sash, plus the ability to recover hp and get the sash back. A little mad I didn't think of that myself, but then that's why I posted here for advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)