Battle Maison Discussion & Records

What solution does the M-Kangaskhan/Gliscor/Suicune team have for the Curse / Gyro Ball / Iron Head / Ingrain Ferrothorn? I lost to it around battle 90. Kangaskhan had been KO'd by the time Ferrothorn (the AI's last Pokémon) came out, and it healed off all the damage that Suicune did to it with Leftovers + Ingrain, even after I CM'd to +6. I suppose a Scald burn would have been very helpful, but I didn't get one. After Suicune went down, I stalled it out of PP with Gliscor, but at that point, it was obviously +6 from Curse, and its Struggles were enough to KO Gliscor before the recoil killed it (again, Leftovers + Ingrain).

What solution does the M-Kangaskhan/Gliscor/Suicune team have for the Curse / Gyro Ball / Iron Head / Ingrain Ferrothorn? I lost to it around battle 90. Kangaskhan had been KO'd by the time Ferrothorn (the AI's last Pokémon) came out, and it healed off all the damage that Suicune did to it with Leftovers + Ingrain, even after I CM'd to +6. I suppose a Scald burn would have been very helpful, but I didn't get one. After Suicune went down, I stalled it out of PP with Gliscor, but at that point, it was obviously +6 from Curse, and its Struggles were enough to KO Gliscor before the recoil killed it (again, Leftovers + Ingrain).
That team is weak to opposing set-up if Kangaskhan's out of the picture, but it really depends on what the lead was. There aren't that many leads that require an immediate KO from +0 Kangaskhan (from skimming the lead guide I wrote there are around 5, although there could be a few more if using Suicune rather than Chansey), and if you were able to use Power-Up Punch first there are a similarly low number of 2nd Pokemon that can handle Kangaskhan while also not being easy set-up opportunities for either Suicune or Gliscor. If Suicune had been at +6 or Gliscor had been behind a Sub when Ferrothorn came out it's a much easier win, but if that wasn't possible that's just a really unlucky matchup (combined with the luck of Scald not burning, which depending on how many times you used it could make your loss at 90 unluckier than that of many streaks in the 1000+ range).

I will say I honestly cannot remember a time when the 2nd Pokemon KOed Kangaskhan while I was using Kanga/Gliscor/Chansey and I can only think of one battle where the 3rd Pokemon KOed Kangaskhan in a manner that wasn't "OK, I could fool around with switching and win 3-0, or I could just attack with Kangaskhan and have Gliscor/Chansey finish the battle off the following turn."

Last edited:
Hi guys. After a very long brake I decided to give the maison another try.
Triples is my favourite format, in which I mostly throw in some random "good-stuff" pokemon and form a team with that.
My teams are not that serious, I rather bring in underdogs for fun or something like that.

Anyway, since I didn't saw anybody using M-Glalie and I had that Glalie unused for so long in that PC-Box since Gen 4 or 5,
I decided to give it a try.

The team got me 100 wins in triples so far. The streak is ongoing.

Glaie "The Frost" @ Mega-Stone
252 atk, 4 spDef, 252 speed
Nature: Adamant
~ Explosion
~ Return
~ Earthquake
~ Protect

The Idea was to nuke the field with a powerful STAB/Refrigerate-boosted Explosion.
This Glalie is centered in the middle.

I am surprised I even got this far with this considering Glalie is a rather weak Mega comparing to the likes of Salamence, Kangashkan etc.
It just started as a fun and troll-team but it's not bad at all.

I will post the full team if I get more wins with this streak if you guys wanna know.

What do you guys think about M-Glalie? Anyone else tried it?

That set doesn't exist; I'm assuming you actually fought set 4, which was Curse / Gyro Ball / Rock Smash / Ingrain. It's not complicated to beat it; the safest way is to switch to Gliscor (yes, you switch out your fully set-up Suicune), stall it out of attacks (it will use 6 Curse PP, 15 Rock Smash PP, 5 Gyro Ball PP, and 1 Ingrain PP, so a total of 27; that's easy to stall out with Gliscor's PP, especially by not using Protect every turn; a +6 Rock Smash doesn't even break Gliscor's Sub; just be sure that you're conserving Substitute PP as much as possible). When it's out of PP, just switch back and forth between Suicune and Gliscor, or go to Suicune and sit around for a while, maybe setting up again, hitting it with Scald and fishing for burns; just be sure to conserve Rest PP. Once it gets to Struggling, just stall it out with Suicune by Resting; a +6 Struggle does a max of 84 damage with a crit and 56 without, so it will need two crits or three max damage rolls to KO Suicune while Suicune Rests. If Suicune does faint, just go to Gliscor and stall it out until it Struggles to death. It will take a while, but it works. Another option is to just spam Scald to fish for burns and Rest off damage with Suicune for a while, since Pressure will burn its attacking PP really fast, but you will need to switch to Gliscor if it gets a Rock Smash Defense drop or uses Curse, since Gliscor can faint to a crit +2 Gyro Ball on the switch if you let it get to +2 before switching out.

The mistake you made was thinking that Ferrothorn4 is dangerous when it's fully set up, which it really isn't. +6 Gyro Ball maxes out at 62% against a fully set-up Suicune, and the AI almost never goes to +6 before using up all of its attacking PP. The only reason it's remotely dangerous is the Rock Smash Defense drops, but those can be played around by switching. Winning reliably in the Maison often involves a lot more "sitting around and stalling out bulky annoying things" than people are used to, just because the AI uses weird sets that no one would ever use in competitive Pokemon (because phazing and opposing set-up Pokemon are a thing). To compensate, we have to play bulkier Pokemon and things that can play around those threats.

<Annasayshi> steven fails to use bullet punch instead of hammer arm on a metagross that was at +2 speed and could have ohko'd me
<Annasayshi> so i predict bullet punch and instantly get ko'd
<Annasayshi> furthermore
<Annasayshi> it ohko's garde
<Annasayshi> why [the opposing metagross] didn't go for it[meteor mash] turn 1 on my protect i have no idea
<Annasayshi> basically
<Annasayshi> the AI made plays it shouldn't have done
<Annasayshi> and it screwed me over
<Annasayshi> and it was aero vs a last mon lopunny1
<Annasayshi> so of course lopunny gets the confuse hax
<Annasayshi> not just that
<Annasayshi> but it hits twice in a row
<Annasayshi> oh, and this was battle 10
<Annasayshi> that sets the tone pretty damn nicely
<Annasayshi> for practically any multis streak

AI multis in a nutshell. The sheer amount of variance makes maintaining a long streak near-impossible.

This is so sad because it's actually happened to me as well. It was Steven and me. I had a lead Greninja and it was Steven with his Aerodactyl. Opposite side had a Gyarados and a Weavile. Weavile Fake Out my Greninja. Aerodactyl goes for Fire Fang on the Weavile. Gyarados sets up a DDance. From then on it sweeps everything.

Yeeeeahhhh that shit. Steven's Metagross could have easily OHKOd a Froslass with Bullet Punch, opted to use Meteor Mash instead, which got my Landorus OHKOd. I expected Bullet Punch because in too many battles to count it opted for the priority when it apparently knew it would do the job. I was pretty pissed.

I'll get no agreement with this but I found XY Multis with AI easier, because I had a partner with Slaking3, the choice banded behemoth that obliterates pretty much anything it touches. Its backup, Chandelure3, was less worthless than Steven's Aerodactyl purely on the grounds that at least Overheat has killing power, especially with that base 145. No speed, but at least you don't have to stare angrily at your screen while Aerodactyl plugs away at Metagross with Fire Fang.

That team is weak to opposing set-up if Kangaskhan's out of the picture, but it really depends on what the lead was. There aren't that many leads that require an immediate KO from +0 Kangaskhan (from skimming the lead guide I wrote there are around 5, although there could be a few more if using Suicune rather than Chansey), and if you were able to use Power-Up Punch first there are a similarly low number of 2nd Pokemon that can handle Kangaskhan while also not being easy set-up opportunities for either Suicune or Gliscor. If Suicune had been at +6 or Gliscor had been behind a Sub when Ferrothorn came out it's a much easier win, but if that wasn't possible that's just a really unlucky matchup (combined with the luck of Scald not burning, which depending on how many times you used it could make your loss at 90 unluckier than that of many streaks in the 1000+ range).

I will say I honestly cannot remember a time when the 2nd Pokemon KOed Kangaskhan while I was using Kanga/Gliscor/Chansey and I can only think of one battle where the 3rd Pokemon KOed Kangaskhan in a manner that wasn't "OK, I could fool around with switching and win 3-0, or I could just attack with Kangaskhan and have Gliscor/Chansey finish the battle off the following turn."
That set doesn't exist; I'm assuming you actually fought set 4, which was Curse / Gyro Ball / Rock Smash / Ingrain. It's not complicated to beat it; the safest way is to switch to Gliscor (yes, you switch out your fully set-up Suicune), stall it out of attacks (it will use 6 Curse PP, 15 Rock Smash PP, 5 Gyro Ball PP, and 1 Ingrain PP, so a total of 27; that's easy to stall out with Gliscor's PP, especially by not using Protect every turn; a +6 Rock Smash doesn't even break Gliscor's Sub; just be sure that you're conserving Substitute PP as much as possible). When it's out of PP, just switch back and forth between Suicune and Gliscor, or go to Suicune and sit around for a while, maybe setting up again, hitting it with Scald and fishing for burns; just be sure to conserve Rest PP. Once it gets to Struggling, just stall it out with Suicune by Resting; a +6 Struggle does a max of 84 damage with a crit and 56 without, so it will need two crits or three max damage rolls to KO Suicune while Suicune Rests. If Suicune does faint, just go to Gliscor and stall it out until it Struggles to death. It will take a while, but it works. Another option is to just spam Scald to fish for burns and Rest off damage with Suicune for a while, since Pressure will burn its attacking PP really fast, but you will need to switch to Gliscor if it gets a Rock Smash Defense drop or uses Curse, since Gliscor can faint to a crit +2 Gyro Ball on the switch if you let it get to +2 before switching out.

The mistake you made was thinking that Ferrothorn4 is dangerous when it's fully set up, which it really isn't. +6 Gyro Ball maxes out at 62% against a fully set-up Suicune, and the AI almost never goes to +6 before using up all of its attacking PP. The only reason it's remotely dangerous is the Rock Smash Defense drops, but those can be played around by switching. Winning reliably in the Maison often involves a lot more "sitting around and stalling out bulky annoying things" than people are used to, just because the AI uses weird sets that no one would ever use in competitive Pokemon (because phazing and opposing set-up Pokemon are a thing). To compensate, we have to play bulkier Pokemon and things that can play around those threats.
Thanks for your replies. I did in fact face Ferrothorn4. Here's the rundown of what happened in the battle before the PP stalling (code VHRW-WWWW-WW3E-FTE8 if you'd rather watch, but I warn you, it's 56 turns long):

Ace Trainer Sigurd sent out Nidoking
Kangaskhan Mega Evolves, EQs for KO

Sigurd sent out Spiritomb
Kanga EQs
Spiritomb Will-O-Wisps
Kanga EQs
Spiritomb Pain Splits
Kanga EQs
Spiritomb tries to Sub; not enough HP
Spiritomb Sucker Punches for KO

Gliscor comes out
Gliscor EQs for KO

Sigurd sent out Ferrothorn
Gliscor Subs, Ferro Curses
Gliscor EQs, Ferro Rock Smashes
Gliscor EQs, Ferro Curses
Gliscor EQs, Ferro Rock Smashes, breaks Sub

*By this time, I've realized that Gliscor does not have the power to take down Ferrothorn; I just figured that I might as well wait for the Sub to break before I switch it out - possible mistake on my part.

I switch to Suicune, Ferro Rock Smashes
Suicune CMs, Ferro Ingrains
Suicune CMs, Ferro Curses
Suicune CMs, Ferro Rock Smashes
Suicune CMs, Ferro Rock Smashes, Def drop
Suicune Scalds, Ferro Rock Smashes, Def drop (Suicune at 17 HP after Leftovers)
Suicune Rests, Ferro Rock Smashes, CH, Def drop
Suicune sleeps, Ferrothorn uses Gyro Ball for KO

At this point, with only Gliscor left, the stalling begins.

So it looks like one of my mistakes was CMing 6 times instead of using those turns to Scald and hope for a burn (I only got 1 Scald off). I suppose the CH and the 4 consecutive Def drops were unlucky, but hey, it happens. Another was, as VaporeonIce said, not conserving Sub PP during the stalling phase of the battle, as Ferrothorn's +6 Struggle broke my Sub when I had 0 PP for it left, and it then proceeded to KO me afterwards.

I want to get up to 200 wins for the Lansat and Starf Berries. Is this team worth another run, or am I better off aiming for that in doubles with a team like Eppie's?

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. I did in fact face Ferrothorn4. Here's the rundown of what happened in the battle before the PP stalling (code VHRW-WWWW-WW3E-FTE8 if you'd rather watch, but I warn you, it's 56 turns long):

Ace Trainer Sigurd sent out Nidoking
Kangaskhan Mega Evolves, EQs for KO

Sigurd sent out Spiritomb
Kanga EQs
Spiritomb Will-O-Wisps
Kanga EQs
Spiritomb Pain Splits
Kanga EQs
Spiritomb tries to Sub; not enough HP
Spiritomb Sucker Punches for KO

Gliscor comes out
Gliscor EQs for KO

Sigurd sent out Ferrothorn
Gliscor Subs, Ferro Curses
Gliscor EQs, Ferro Rock Smashes, breaks Sub

*By this time, I've known that Gliscor does not have the power to take down Spiritomb; I just figured that I might as well wait for the Sub to break before I switch it out - possible mistake on my part.

I switch to Suicune, Ferro Rock Smashes
Suicune CMs, Ferro Ingrains
Suicune CMs, Ferro Rock Smashes
Suicune Scalds, Ferro Rock Smashes, Def drop (Suicune at 17 HP after Leftovers)
Suicune Rests, Ferro Rock Smashes, CH, Def drop
Suicune sleeps, Ferrothorn uses Gyro Ball for KO

At this point, with only Gliscor left, the stalling begins.

So it looks like one of my mistakes was CMing 6 times instead of using those turns to Scald and hope for a burn (I only got 1 Scald off). I suppose the CH and the 4 consecutive Def drops were unlucky, but hey, it happens. Another was, as VaporeonIce said, not conserving Sub PP during the stalling phase of the battle, as Ferrothorn's +6 Struggle broke my Sub when I had 0 PP for it left, and it then proceeded to KO me afterwards.

I want to get up to 200 wins for the Lansat and Starf Berries. Is this team worth another run, or am I better off aiming for that in doubles with a team like Eppie's?
This is a 5-turn win if you'd used Power-Up Punch turn 1. PuP, EQ KOs Nidoking, EQ KOs Spiritomb, EQ does 80-95% to Ferrothorn and either Kangaskhan or whatever you bring in if Kangaskhan fainted finishes off Ferrothorn. I have a very comprehensive lead guide in the post with my Kangaskhan streak that lists the strategy for any lead that can't simply be dealt with by using Power-Up Punch on turn 1 and sweeping from there. Obviously some situations that Chansey can be switched into won't work with Suicune, but the main idea is that there is almost no occasion in which you'll KO a Pokemon (let alone two) without either Kangaskhan at +2 or above, Suicune at +6, or Gliscor at full health and behind a Substitute (and if all three are possible, that should generally be your order of preference).

tl;dr against the lead you could have set up with Kangaskhan and swept and failing that, against Pokemon #2 you could have set up with Suicune and swept. If you take the set-up opportunities given to you, it almost never needs to come down to any kind of PP counting/switching strategy in the first place.

Most importantly, go ahead and try again with that team. The main lesson from that battle is one that was not apparent to me until actually getting a few battles under my belt - as long as you've got enough left to not get picked off by Fake Out/Extreme Speed, Kangaskhan's remaining HP is pretty much irrelevant to the point that if a lead did around 30% damage with a move that won't status Kanga, I'd risk a crit on the following turn not only to get to +4 (which is one of those ounce of prevention/pound of cure things that allows you to, for example, OHKO Weavile with Sucker Punch if it comes out 2nd), but to get to low enough health that Sucker Punch would be certain to work if I needed it.

Last edited:
That is probably the hardest aspect of the Battle Maison. Knowing when to set up.
In singles, when you go in assuming the answer to that question is "always," it really frees you up to focus almost exclusively on what to do against a given Pokemon when you see it in the lead position with your entire team at 100% rather than having to consider all the branching outcomes that can occur if your main check to it is weakened, Trick Room or some other unfavorable field condition is in effect, you're locked into a move, you're low on PP, or any other stuff like that. To paraphrase one of those Roller Skaters you face, the starting dash determines the entire battle.

Gengar1 is very rare past battle 40 but it is a possibility on Ace Trainer Jai's team (he uses all Gengar sets).

One way you could deal with Gengar1 is by PP stalling through switches. Gengar1 can't actually harm Kangaskhan in any way unless it gets put to sleep, so presumably it's going to go for Hypnosis first. Switch to Suicune to absorb the Hypnosis first (if it misses, leave Suicune in until it hits I guess), and then switch back to Kangaskan on whatever move it uses to follow up (none of which will hurt Kangaskhan), and then keep switching back and forth until all the Hypnosis PP is gone. After that you can just send Kangaskhan back in and it won't be able to do anything.

Today I matched up with a Gengar 1 past the 70+ battle mark. Was using Gliscor/Chansey so it wasn't ideal (M. Kang had been KOed) since none of them can hit Gengar. I beat it by PP stalling until it used Struggle then waited for it to KO itself.

I finally got around to getting all the statues in Alpha Sapphire! :)

I am also posting because I have achieved a decent streak in Super Doubles. :heart:

The team I used on my Doubles steak consisted of:

Westside (Garchomp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Dragon Claw
-Protect
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
Earthquake spam alongside Charizard was deadly in most situations. Protect was used quite often in situations where the opponent had Pokemon that threatened Garchomp but Charizard could take out. Rock Slide is perhaps not the best choice for the Battle Maison due to its low accuracy, but it generally did what I needed it to do. Dragon Claw was accurate and reliable STAB that dealt decent damage against most opponents, and could be used to take out opposing Dragons.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Solar Beam
-Protect
-Heat Wave
-Flamethrower
My lead along with Garchomp. Mostly spammed Heat Wave in sunlight, using Flamethrower when it was crucial to hit. Protect functioned similarly to how it did with Garchomp; it allowed Garchomp to take care of Pokemon targeting Charizard. I found that most Pokemon that knew Stone Edge or Rock Slide would almost definitely target Zard with it, so Protect allowed me to play around that. Solar Beam helped handle bulky Water-types and took care of Swampert and Gastrodon.

So Takei (Sylveon) (M) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31/31/31/30/30/31
EVs: 252 HP/ 204 Sp. Atk / 46 Def. / 8 Spe.
-Psyshock
-Protect
-Hidden Power Ground
-Hyper Voice
Sylveon helped cover Charizard/Garchomp's weakness to things such as Tyranitar. Hyper Voice was the main attack for the damage output and ability to hit both targets, although Hidden Power Ground came in handy sometimes. Unlike Charizard and Garchomp, Sylveon could also function decently in Trick Room. I forget exactly what the spread does, but it gave it decent bulk and hard-hitting SpA.

Fetish (Conkeldurr) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Def
-Ice Punch
-Knock Off
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
Assault Vest Conkeldurr is fairly bulky, especially with Drain Punch. This allowed me to switch it in to things that Charizard/Garchomp had trouble with, such as Claydol, Regirock, and Landorus. Conkeldurr was able to function under Trick Room and Mach Punch was quite useful for picking off weakened foes inside and outside of it. Knock Off was a good utility move, although in hindsight it may have been better to have a Knock Off user who could more effectively deal with Lax Incense Latios.

Losing battle video: 6CCW-WWWW-WW3F-4KLF

How I lost: My losing battle was battle 185, against Veteran Sibyl. There's not much to say other than I wasn't paying as much attention to the battle as I should have been, played poorly, and lost because of careless mistakes. I'm sure the battle could have been won if I had been fully focused on it and thought through my moves better (for example, not letting Charizard get OHKOed right off the bat). It really came down to me playing poorly and being in a bad position at the end of the match due to careless mistakes I had made early on.

Threats: One major Pokemon to look out for when using this team is Gyarados. After an Intimidate, neither Garchomp nor Charizard can OHKO it and it can spell disaster if you let it set up too many Dragon Dances. Another threatening Pokemon is Tyrantrum because before you know the set it's hard to tell if it will try to Dragon Claw Garchomp or Stone Edge Charizard. Either way, it is often best to dispatch it quickly with Dragon Claw. Barbaracle is dangerous for the similar reason of having sets that can threaten both Charizard and Garchomp, and should also be taken out as quickly as possible. Situations where the opponent has a pokemon that threatens Garchomp and another Pokemon that threatens Charizard are tricky and must be carefully played around (ie. The opponent leads with Entei and Regice). The basic rule of thumb on the first turn is to be on the lookout for Pokemon with Ice or Rock moves and maneuver around them accordingly.

Conclusion: This team is very easy to use and is capable of getting a decent streak, but is bound to fail eventually due to the reliance on low accuracy moves. That being said, I think it did quite well considering that! I fully expected to be haxxed out on the first Lax Incense user I met, but it held up against hax far better than I expected it to and managed to net me my highest streak yet! :pimp:

I finally got around to getting all the statues in Alpha Sapphire! :)

I am also posting because I have achieved a decent streak in Super Doubles. :heart:

The team I used on my Doubles steak consisted of:

Westside (Garchomp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Dragon Claw
-Protect
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
Earthquake spam alongside Charizard was deadly in most situations. Protect was used quite often in situations where the opponent had Pokemon that threatened Garchomp but Charizard could take out. Rock Slide is perhaps not the best choice for the Battle Maison due to its low accuracy, but it generally did what I needed it to do. Dragon Claw was accurate and reliable STAB that dealt decent damage against most opponents, and could be used to take out opposing Dragons.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Solar Beam
-Protect
-Heat Wave
-Flamethrower
My lead along with Garchomp. Mostly spammed Heat Wave in sunlight, using Flamethrower when it was crucial to hit. Protect functioned similarly to how it did with Garchomp; it allowed Garchomp to take care of Pokemon targeting Charizard. I found that most Pokemon that knew Stone Edge or Rock Slide would almost definitely target Zard with it, so Protect allowed me to play around that. Solar Beam helped handle bulky Water-types and took care of Swampert and Gastrodon.

So Takei (Sylveon) (M) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31/31/31/30/30/31
EVs: 252 HP/ 204 Sp. Atk / 46 Def. / 8 Spe.
-Psyshock
-Protect
-Hidden Power Ground
-Hyper Voice
Sylveon helped cover Charizard/Garchomp's weakness to things such as Tyranitar. Hyper Voice was the main attack for the damage output and ability to hit both targets, although Hidden Power Ground came in handy sometimes. Unlike Charizard and Garchomp, Sylveon could also function decently in Trick Room. I forget exactly what the spread does, but it gave it decent bulk and hard-hitting SpA.

Fetish (Conkeldurr) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Def
-Ice Punch
-Knock Off
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
Assault Vest Conkeldurr is fairly bulky, especially with Drain Punch. This allowed me to switch it in to things that Charizard/Garchomp had trouble with, such as Claydol, Regirock, and Landorus. Conkeldurr was able to function under Trick Room and Mach Punch was quite useful for picking off weakened foes inside and outside of it. Knock Off was a good utility move, although in hindsight it may have been better to have a Knock Off user who could more effectively deal with Lax Incense Latios.

Losing battle video: 6CCW-WWWW-WW3F-4KLF

How I lost: My losing battle was battle 185, against Veteran Sibyl. There's not much to say other than I wasn't paying as much attention to the battle as I should have been, played poorly, and lost because of careless mistakes. I'm sure the battle could have been won if I had been fully focused on it and thought through my moves better (for example, not letting Charizard get OHKOed right off the bat). It really came down to me playing poorly and being in a bad position at the end of the match due to careless mistakes I had made early on.

Threats: One major Pokemon to look out for when using this team is Gyarados. After an Intimidate, neither Garchomp nor Charizard can OHKO it and it can spell disaster if you let it set up too many Dragon Dances. Another threatening Pokemon is Tyrantrum because before you know the set it's hard to tell if it will try to Dragon Claw Garchomp or Stone Edge Charizard. Either way, it is often best to dispatch it quickly with Dragon Claw. Barbaracle is dangerous for the similar reason of having sets that can threaten both Charizard and Garchomp, and should also be taken out as quickly as possible. Situations where the opponent has a pokemon that threatens Garchomp and another Pokemon that threatens Charizard are tricky and must be carefully played around (ie. The opponent leads with Entei and Regice). The basic rule of thumb on the first turn is to be on the lookout for Pokemon with Ice or Rock moves and maneuver around them accordingly.

Conclusion: This team is very easy to use and is capable of getting a decent streak, but is bound to fail eventually due to the reliance on low accuracy moves. That being said, I think it did quite well considering that! I fully expected to be haxxed out on the first Lax Incense user I met, but it held up against hax far better than I expected it to and managed to net me my highest streak yet! :pimp:
Beat my streak with my own lead combo. You bitch :P
I'm done with 92% of my SR projects which means I can Maison again.

edit: I was crushed at 70, reworking team.

Last edited:
I was told to post this. Here's my save file and proof I have nothing better to do than spam Belly Azu on all of the Battle Maison modes.

I don't remember what I used for this, exactly; I took the pics over 8(or 7) months ago and I kinda just forgot about it. I remember using Belly Drum Azumarill, Landorus-Therian (Mix between band and soft sand), and I think Gengar. Terrakion, Talonflame, Char-X and Y, and Heatran get special mentions for helping with doubles/triples.

My highest streak in Singles is over 100, forgot what exactly. EDIT: 129

Last edited:
Another battle for the books...

XVEW-WWWW-WW3F-PVU7

Mismagius comes in. Remembering my last misplay against it (even though I won that battle), I switch to Drapion. Mismagius uses Perish Song on the switch... all right, cool. Drapion uses Knock Off; Brightpowder causes it to miss. Mismagius uses Perish Song. Well, shit. Drapion does the only thing it can and uses Knock Off into Protect. The perish count falls to 1. Drapion uses Knock Off as Mismagius switches into Gigalith, and then dies. I switch to Durant and use Entrainment... as Gigalith uses Stealth Rock. Ah, that sucks, now I can't go to Cloyster without it taking some damage. Well, somehow I manage to have a serious brainfart (I've been playing for a couple hours and had more than the normal amount of "battles where I have to think", okay) and forget that Stealth Rock takes effect whenever a new Pokémon comes in. Somehow I thought I could avoid damage if I waited for Durant to die and sent Cloyster in on the switch. Yeah, that's really dumb of me. Regardless, I end up playing around this and have Durant just kinda fuck around until Gigalith kills it, then I send in Cloyster, which... takes damage. Well, shit, that was dumb, now Cloyster's alone without the Focus Sash benefit against Gigalith, Brightpowder Mismagius and an unknown third. If I had had my head screwed on straight, I would have remembered this and just switched straight to Cloyster after getting off Entrainment (leaving Durant alive to hopefully do SOMETHING right if Cloyster dies) but nope, I had to be stupid about it! Anyway, Cloyster comes in on Gigalith, sets up, KOs Gigalith with Surf. Aerodactyl comes out next. KO'd with Icicle Spear... okay, cool, but what about Mismagius? Since I'm damaged I expect it to use Power Gem. If Brightpowder kicks in, I lose. I have a 10% chance of losing... but no, Cloyster gets off Icicle Spear successfully, and I'm now sitting at 460 wins.

I promise I don't misplay this often and I haven't made it almost to 10th place on the leaderboard through sheer luck. Most of the battles are so mindless I don't need to worry about them. The rest... still are usually easy to make it through without being a dumbass. This was an exception.

I have changed my strategy, and gotten up to 99 wins in XY battle maison super multis with AI partners! K3KW-WWWW-WW3G-WNJU

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid
252 SpA/Spe
Discharge
Dark Pulse
Flash Cannon
HP Ice

Spam discharge, HP Ice grounds, Dark Pulse Psychics, and Flash Cannon Ices. It's better than my previous garde lead in that it outspeeds froslass with its fantastic speed tier.

@ Choice Band
Adamant
252 Atk/Spe
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Steel Wing

I've used U-turn once or twice. I think I've used Steel Wing against a last poke Aurorus once. I think I've used Flare Blitz like 10 times to kill last-pokeon Steelix or last-pokemon Ferrothorn/Forretress. This thing spams Brave Bird and destroys Trick Room teams, it also destroys almost everything else. If I could have two of these instead of a garde and talonflame, I would do it in a heartbeat. Oh well.

AI's team:

@ Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe
Earthquake
Outrage
Fire Fang
Crunch

Satan. I hate this thing but it's the only way I could ever beat the Maison. It uses Earthquake whenever it does damage to one thing and sometimes even when it doesn't (It doesn't recognize either balloons or Levitate and will gladly keep EQ'ing about until it dies, no switching ever) It uses Outrage whenever there are 2 flyings, or sometimes if there's one flying that it really cares about? Sometimes it uses Outrage if EQ is better. It uses Fire Fang on Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn. It never uses Crunch. Ever.

@ Assault Vest
Brave
252 HP/252 Atk
Brick Break
U-Turn
Wild Charge
Grass Knot

I'm fully convinced this spams random moves until something does fair damage. It can't kill my own Pokemon, so it can usually do its own thing. Weakest link.

This battle is basically why you can never expect to get a high streak in Super Multis with AI. Garchomp Outraging when EQing would have been a good option, Eelektross going for random moves on random mons (Wild Charging on Samurott would have maybe saved the game) all contributed to this loss. I may grind this more, even though i got Lansat by trading, I want to get into triple digits some time.

Sitting at 486 wins. This puts me at (at least) 9th place on the leaderboard! With a team I outright stole and made clear I had no part in creating. i totally don't deserve it hahaa

Another battle for the record: Setting up Drapion on a non-Truant opponent that - unlike other instances where this has happened (cause there have been a few instances of it, like against Jynx, Venusaur, and Shiftry) - actually had moves that could do shit to Drapion!

P4WG-WWWW-WW3G-FYWY

Glaceon4 leads, Protects against Entrainment, uses Blizzard on Durant for >50% damage as Durant loafs, dodges Entrainment due to Brightpowder and finishes Durant with Blizzard. Drapion comes in and due to some careful use of Sub, Protect, and Acupressure (with fairly early SpDef boosts helping the Subs stay alive), sets up fully, finishing the set-up just as Glaceon struggles away its health, then takes out the following Zoroark and Floatzel with little effort (despite Zoroark using Protect and having Sash).

It's worth noting that Protect and Sub were both PP buffed (I didn't have enough PP-boosting items to boost everything, so I prioritized Drapion's Protect, Sub and Acupressure) and the 16 PP over 10 made a ... significant difference in this fight. I might have been able to eke out a win by playing even more carefully (I probably didn't need to use so many protects, but I was playing it safe) and allowing Drapion to take a few naked hits here and there, but the fact of the matter is that Drapion used over 10 Subs and Protects over the full course of the match as played. So if you ever wanted a reason to PP-buff, well, there you go.

Also worth noting that this battle was won because I had a Drapion that was able to set up against Glaceon. I'd like to know how a different team would have fared - like, say, a team with a Garchomp in the 3rd position over Drapion.

<Annasayshi> i think i just got exposed to typical hax
<Annasayshi> luxray4 and sylveon come out against each other
<Annasayshi> after rampardos4 killed itself and azu
<Annasayshi> luxray sets up screen, hyper voice does ~1/3
<Annasayshi> looks normal
<Annasayshi> then luxray uses tfang, flinches me
<Annasayshi> k, thats not bad so far
<Annasayshi> then it goes for fang again, paras, and flinches
<Annasayshi> then i get FP'd next turn
<Annasayshi> and then it crits me right after that, although the crit didn't matter

just posting a doubles record of 160 wins

(loss video: RSCW-WWWW-WW3G-GTA2)
i wont go into loads of detail as im sure that this team should make the 200 mark so will make some back row changes and come back with a V2 of this team. i will go through the front row and the changes that have already come about (any back row suggestions would be apreciated!)

jellicent Mental herb
Ability: Water absorb
Nature: Quiet
EV: Hp 252, SpAtk 148, SpDef 112 (i think!)
:Trick room
:Water Spout
:Shadow ball
:Giga Drain

Aron Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
:Protect
:Endevour
:Toxic
(:Superpower...just because i can!)

this is a fairly obvious Aron team, Jellicent setting up TR then Aron sweeps. Jellicent over dusclops though as she takes the offensive pressure off Aron as she is probably the best offensive TR setter (that has the speed to use TR unlike gard/gengar etc) water spout does a lot of damage and shadow ball makes a great 2nd STAB hurting opposing TR Team pokes very hard (slowbro/king will fall to jellicent easily) so most battles end after 3 turns!
Pokemon that will go straight for jellicent over Aron are those that will hit it on its physical side with SE moves, poke in question are:
Zebstrika4
tyrantum4
exeggcutor4
serviper4
(pre battle 40 theres an eelektross and luxray both with wild charge but i've not seen them after battle 40)
any of these come up on the lead i have to switch out jellicent straight away and start the battle without TR set up, other then that it comes down to bad combos that pull me apart (you can see on the loss video that i dealt with exeggcutor but a back row leafeon stopped TR set up and Mawille para led to my loss) double earthquake hurts the front row a lot as Aron attracts EQ like flies to poop and while jellicent isnt particularly weak to it they hit her on her weaker physical side so can be quickly worn down by them.
its difficult to have much of a longer threat list as unless the threat comes up on the front row then they just get endeavoured by aron then water spouted by jellicent (giga drain helps against opp water types and to keep water spout hp up) and water spout hits hard enough to 2HKO the lesser threat that isnt being targeted by Aron. therefore the back row just needs to fill in the few gaps;

Mawille @Mawillite
Ability: Intimidate/huge power
Nature: Brave
EV: Hp 252, Atk 252, SpDef 4
:Iron Head
:Play rough
:Sucker punch
:Knock off (undecided on this move)

Octillery @Assault vest
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Quiet
EV: Hp 252, SpAtk 252, SpDef 4
:Surf
:Energy Ball
:ice beam
:flamethrower

Mawille is there as he can counter the above threat list of pokemon (either on his own or with Aron) his sucker punch is one of the best esp as if he gets some action then theres a good chance i got no TR set up or it about to run out, i don't like the bad accuracy of play rough and as such it very rarely gets used and his STABs in general are a little poor, his weakness to EQ doesn't help me at all either so he has his strengths but also his weakness's and as you know they will get expossed if im hoping to go above 200 with a team, therefore he is replaceable!
Octillery, unlike mawille, has excellent coverage, hits hard and his surf keeps jellicents hp high to either set up TR again or hit hard with water spout, he'll usually come in if i have to switch Aron out straight away (hail, pinsir2, 2 ghosts, etc) shares weakness's with jellicent though so is weak as a switch-in
i do need to change the back row, the important 'tick points' that the back row need to cover are
:counters above list (esp tyrantum4)
:one of them has a good surf to suport jellicent (it is a strat that was usefull if Aron had been ko'd quick or needed to be taken out)
:one of them can opperate in or out of TR
: is weak/immune to EQ
:hitting grass types hard as well could help.

talonflame does cover a few of these so could work if the 2nd mon covered the gaps!

(No Guard Expert Belt :knock off/bullet punch/stone edge/dynamic punch)
machamp was the reason i built the team, it was originally all centred around him as id had too many runs lose out to evasion! but like most team restructures the original line up go out as well. his coverage is excelllent, SE on 2/3rds of poke, making expert belt a viable alternative to life orb. in the end it came down to TR always coming to an end when he comes into play and i need switch ins rather then stand alone sweepers

(levitate @assault vest :Surf/dragon pulse/dark pulse/flamethrower)
his moves/coverage is perfect for what i need (flame thrower helps a lot against grass types jellicent doesnt like) and his bulk made him a great switch-in (esp on SpAtk moves) even with quiet nature his speed became to middling...too quick for TR to slow when it went down)

(Technician@scizorite :Bullet punch/bug bite/sub/swords dance)
great coverage and power and priority but again EQ weak and doubles is not a format that gives you time to set up SDs and subs, a more immediate attacking set could work though

Attachments

Last edited:
It's worth noting that Protect and Sub were both PP buffed (I didn't have enough PP-boosting items to boost everything, so I prioritized Drapion's Protect, Sub and Acupressure) and the 16 PP over 10 made a ... significant difference in this fight.
I'm not sure you'd be interested, but I have more PPMax/Ups than I know what to do with thanks to the secret bases, and if you really wanted to max out the rest of your moveslots, I don't mind sending some your way or, hell, being traded your guys and maxing them out myself before trading them back. I figured I'd offer for the hell of it, since PP stalling is usually a big part of your team.

I'm not sure you'd be interested, but I have more PPMax/Ups than I know what to do with thanks to the secret bases, and if you really wanted to max out the rest of your moveslots, I don't mind sending some your way or, hell, being traded your guys and maxing them out myself before trading them back. I figured I'd offer for the hell of it, since PP stalling is usually a big part of your team.
Why not lol. I'm out of town without reliable wifi access this weekend but i can do that on sunday

Not sure how much further my streak will even go but hey can't hurt to give it some extra chances lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)