Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I'm back, and currently up to 1500 wins in Triples, though my wifi is being incredibly retarded in my house so I haven't yet uploaded any videos as proof; I'll do that once I get the wifi up (though I may just wait until my loss or 2,000 wins).

And yes, I'm still using teams of semi-odd Pokemon. I'm glad to see that someone else was using a critical-hit Octillery in rain, because that's one of my strategies as well and HOLY CRAP does it kill stuff even at 50% health. With guaranteed crits from Focus Energy + Scope Lens or Razor Claw, Rain, STAB, and Sniper, that's x5.0625 damage if my calculations are correct, which means it does increased damage even on x4 resists. Base 105 SpAtk is far more than enough to take advantage of this. Kingdra is another Pokemon who can utilize this strategy, with better defenses than Octillery and a reliable move even with low health. Only issue is that Muddy Water is inaccurate, but Surf can still destroy things if you have a Wide Guard Pokemon with you.

All of these niche strategies are starting to become scarce but I'll try my best to keep searching and inventing. :D
I feel like Kingdra doesnt have good enough speed outside of TR and its way too fast for. Unless your in gravity you can spam endless Draco Meteors or use muddy water. I REALLY like octillery cuz it is like mindblowingly powerful and thanks to dark void i can protect first turn if there is something threatning or even sometimes against spread attackers too and still have time to focus energy while everyone is sleeping.

A calc:252+ SpA Sniper Octillery Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 168 HP / 168+ SpD Breloom in Rain on a critical hit: 166-196 (106.4 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Thats very satisfying :)

You're still at it with Durant? Damn, I'm impressed. I think 1,000 wins with a Durant + 2 team is actually quite difficult, but I've never tried it, so I can't say for sure. That said, 1700 with Durant/Cloyster/Chansey sounds quite impressive. I often wonder just how far Japanese Singles teams have gone; what's the highest you (or anyone else) has seen?

When the move runs out of PP, Encore fails, so Encore won't beat an Emboar who Subs on the switch. I tried using Encore and then Taunt, which will force it to take some Struggle damage, but not enough to finish it off, which is why I reverted to the "bait it into attacking" strategy. Then, once Struggle is up, Encore will fail and it will hit Whimsicott with an attacking move. If Encore forced it to Struggle, then yes, that would be a vastly superior strategy.

A full health Drapion who has a Sub on the switch-in can take 15 PP before being too low to Sub again; only 7 of them will be hits on the Substitute (I know this because it's how I beat Cobalion3 if it comes in second or third and uses Psych Up). So Drapion's HP would have to be a little over half, but you also have to have a Sub up when it comes in, which is probably about a 50/50 shot against Skuntank4. It looks like this particular match-up could have been winnable given how it played out, but I didn't have access to a damage calculator at the time to figure that out (I assumed that Knock Off did basically no damage, and I thought I might have had gotten a Speed boost with Acupressure because I wasn't watching what boosts I got). It also increases your risk against Blaze Blaziken due to the possibility of Flare Blitz burn, but Durant should be able to hit the large majority of Punk Guy/Girl Pokeomon with Entrainment.
Yeah that's what I was thinking in terms of it being a roughly 50/50 chance of ending up with a Sub against Emboar (oh how I wish Skuntank would never use Fire Blast on level 1 Sableye so I could immediately switch to Durant and have Sableye available to at least get a desperation Flash off on the nightmare 2nd Pokemon) - probably slightly higher because you'd possibly have time for an Acupressure or two that could grant Evasion. Even with less health and a Sub against Blaziken, you could maybe sacrifice Durant and then let it KO itself flare blitzing Whimsicott. 90% chance of having a 1 HP Whimsicott and Drapion againt a 3rd mon that you at least know doesn't have Earthquake. Even if Whimsicott gets burned, Drapion probably would have enough HP to have a better shot against the 3rd opponent (side note; Drapion coming out on top 1v1 against Weavile due to Pickpocket/Black Sludge would have been by far the most epic ending of any battle facility match ever).

Yeah 1000 with Durant/Drapion/Cloyster is something that'd have to be possible given a reasonable amount of attempts; I only had one try out of 4 or 5 end under 500, and in most of those streaks I was tempting fate on a pretty regular basis by setting up Cloyster instead of Drapion after a lead KOed Durant. It's just a matter of some minor luck like having the opponent carrying Cloyster-weak backups the battles it happens to use Prankster Taunt turn 1 against Durant.

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
In Super Multis, is there a way to get Steven to lead with Metagross instead of Aerodactyl?
Which Pokémon the AI partner leads with in ORAS is randomly determined when you pick the partner, every time you enter the facility. Pause the streak and re-enter to get another try at the random order.

This also means that if you take a break, you may end up getting the wrong Pokémon order from the partner when continuing later, so you have to keep going and only close the lid if taking a break to avoid this risk. In XY the Pokémon order of AI partners was predetermined - being able to influence it is nice, but the hassle of it being random every time is a pain.

Writing about a 94 game streak in Multis.

The team I used is my Greninja and Salamence from Triples (I renicknamed Salamence to Skywalker) and partnered with Steven.

Black Star (Greninja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mat Block
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Skywalker (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Protect

It's difficult to come up with a style of play as the AI will just do whatever it likes so I picked Greninja for its Mat Block and Salamence (crossed checked this selection with the Multis leaderboard as well) because it has an amazing Mega. I preferably start with lead Metagross as it helps take down types that Greninja is unable to hit hard like Ice and Steel types. Mat Block is there to give Metagross a "free turn" to hit whatever it likes safely. In general whenever I can I will KO both pokemon from a trainer so that AI and I can gang up and take out the other trainer.

Usual threats to this are fast electric types that hit Greninja and KO him the next turn. At first to counter this I tried using Garchomp to switch out and absorb electric hits but he's too weak and slow for a lot of other threats so I stuck with Salamence over Garchomp in the end. Another very big problem is Trick Room teams as only Metagross has a priority move and a lot of Trick Room users carry Ice type moves which is deadly to Salamence.

The streak however was ended by a combination of Heatran4 and Tyranitar4 as Magma Storm tore through my team quite casually, OHKO-ing Metagross. Next turn I switched out Greninja to Salamence but a combination of Rock Slide, Magma Storm, and Sand Stream took out Salamence. Next turn Aerodactyl got KO-ed by Magma Storm as well and the battle was pretty much over.

Proof video: XC2G-WWWW-WW3C-EBFL

Okay so I've never actually posted on here besides having quite a long streak in Super doubles before, I got to a personal best of 405 this morning on Omega Ruby with this team.

Shinobi (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

Big Momma (Mega Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy / Parental Bond
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Double Edge

Burd VI (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Aerial Ace
- U-Turn

3FDP (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 144 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

None of the EV spreads are particularly intuitive apart from the Conkeldurr, but with hindsight I can't remember if I came up with it or found it, or what it's meant to be able to withstand.

The main threats that are immediately obvious are generally just fast pokemon that can one shot Greninja, such as Jolteon, Aerodactyl and Choice Scarf Terrakion, but the weakest link is probably the fact that I play when I'm tired before and after work and I'm average at the best of times.

The match I probably should have won if I hadn't made the daft decision to send a Talonflame out against two water types and then the Kingdra I was battling hadn't gotten two critical hits in a row Conkeldurr should have survived (I think).
Guess I'll just see if I can build up another streak since I usually just play my DS on the train to and from work now, hope the replay is entertaining.

Proof code: BQKG-WWWW-WW3C-CYJK

Last edited:
Posting about a streak of 89 in ORAS Super Multis with Steven as a partner.
Battle video is sent to NoCheese via PM.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 20 Def / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Taunt

This is amazing as a lead because it complements Steven's Metagross very well. There isn't much to say about it. Taunt is used instead of other moves to stop pesky walls and Trick room setters. Also is amazing Protect bait when combined with Metagross's very bulky build.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 6 Def / 29 SpA / 21 SpD
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Protect
- Aqua Jet

Just like before, this is complemented by Aerodactyl with them being able to net some critical KO's by double targetting. Manages to be Protect bait less often than Gardevoir, but it hits harder than Aerodactyl so them targetting it is often preferred, what with Aerodactyl also having a sash.

Hiya Pokemon fans name's RainbowAce & I absolutely love all kinds of Pokemon they are just so cute & cool & cuddly anws just today my fav poke team of all shinies winning streak of 108 @ Super Singles Pokemon X version Battle Maison ended cos I was so careless with my last Pokemon Mega Latias which was upped against another legendary Tornadus(Veteran's last mon too!)then I tot it hold yache berry(u know the one to weaken ice type moves) anws it all seems to take forever to realize I had already lost the match when it hurricuane the eon gal & hax it for confusion den sit comfy behind sub only consolation was I almost got it to near red health then my most uber Pokemon fainted so yea it was 1 heck of a exhilarating roller coaster ride glad it ended as sch's starting for me soon anws I'll post the details for the team briefly I was using:

Entei (Lead)
Adamant Nature
Item: Assault Vest
Flare Blitz
Overheat
Bulldoze
Extremespeed

(Mega) Latias
Timid Nature
Psyshock
Energy Ball
Calm Mind
Ice Beam (Essential for those pesky op dragon monsters!)

Mamoswine
Adamant Nature
Ability: Thick Fat
Item: Weakness Policy
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Shard
Avalache

Strategy was leading with mixed attacker Entei & hit hard & fast before any of my moms faint usually flare blitz takes out most average defense Pokemon in one hit without it being super-effective as dat move hits like a truck with Entei having max attack & finish the remaining hp with extremespeed or another of dat OP move then bulldoze acts as support to my later teammates by giving faster dangerous mons such as Starmie the speed drop so Latias can finish 'em off with an energy ball else Misty star Pokemon will swept off my team rather easily assault vest gives dat fiery legendary dog the necessary stamina to survive even a hydro pump & can easily take 2 surfs without choice band from any water pokemon(: The rest of my strategy are pretty much self- explanatory with Latias timid nature & mega evolve it for uber stats 700 in total(wat a beast lolz!) so as to outrun & finish off dangerous fighter mons such as Medicham high-jump kick with Psyshock which promptly 2HKOs it if not it will absolutely finishes off Mamoswine without blinking an eye though dat prehistoric fat Pokemon of mine deserves some honorably mention packing some life saving moves like Avalanche which turn its slowness into a massive advantage making it hit like unmega heracross megahorn but with 100% accuracy how cool's that lols so here's the final loss vid I had like to share with u all for fun:D

Battle Vid Code: H3SW-WWWW-WW3C-ZQHN

Another interesting one u may like's the battle where Regigigas nearly cost me the 100th battle crown lolz:p The code is:EZDG-WWWW-WW3C-ZSSE

Thks all for yr kind attention & patience in reading this rather long Pokemon ramble hope u enjoy(:

Last edited:
The team seems rather underwhelming, to be honest. Congratulations on your streak.

I just watched your last battle and your misplay against Regirock is probably what cost you the game. If you had used Bulldoze instead of Overheat, then EQ with Mamoswine and Ice Shard next turn, over 50% chance of KOing Regirock and keeping your Mamoswine alive. If you are 252 speed, you would outspeed Tornadus and could have landed a Stone Edge, with a chance to OHKO. If not, you could fire off an Ice Shard and pop his Yache Berry. He would go for an attack to finish your Mamoswine off, and then your Latias could come in and land an Ice Beam for the KO.

Mamoswine is not the fastest mon around and it doesn't have the best natural bulk around so running Weakness Policy doesn't seem to be too good.
For a lead, Entei's stats are not ideal (IMO). It can't set up like Dragonite and Mega Scizor. It can't outright KO half the Maison like Greninja or Mega Khan. It is reasonably bulky and has many resistances tho, so it has that going for it. You shouldn't run Overheat with Adamant tho.
With such offensive mons, you can't switch around as much as is necessary sometimes either. Latias has great special defense but you can only take so many hits, mainly without recovery on anything.
Maybe you could put Mamoswine with a Scarf as the lead, run Life Orb on Entei and fast yet defensive spread on Latias (252HP/60Def/196+Spe makes you faster than all Garchomps and everything below) with Roost/Recovery, Calm Mind and 2 STABs like Psychic and Dragon Pulse. Great neutral coverage, only thing you can't hit is Steel types and Gardevoir/Mr.Mime. You shouldn't stay in anyway, Entei deals with all of these with Iron Head+STAB.

Of course, it's your team and you are obviously free to run whatever pleases you. I'm just trying to help you improve your streak.

p.s.: As previous post said, please use punctuation. It makes everything more pleasant to read.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the video, but when you thought it speed tied with Tornadus, could it have been that Tornadus was outspeeding by using Prankster and failing to outspeed when using Hurricane?
Sounds like this is what happened. I just watched the video and Tornadus usually only went first when using moves like Double Team and Substitute.

I didn't watch the video, but when you thought it speed tied with Tornadus, could it have been that Tornadus was outspeeding by using Prankster and failing to outspeed when using Hurricane?
It might in fact be that. I always forget about the abilities. I edited that part of the post. Thank you.
I was mostly following what he/she said in the original post. lol

Well finally reached 1000 in triples. The team is the same as here as I was a little lazy to breed a replacement for Garchomp. He's really great in a pinch though as his STAB Earthquake really melts the opponents away, especially fire, rock, and steel types that my team has trouble with. Blaziken might be able to offer similar offensive coverage but then my team would then shift from an ice to a rock type so Garchomp's rock resistance is another good benefit.

So with this teams glaring ice type weakness some big threats are Empoleon, Suicune, Slowbro, Focus Sash Frolass, and Starmie3 as these ones can't be OHKO. In this case I usually use Greninja's Dark Pulse to double team them to get the KO. Avalugg also cannot be OHKO-ed but puzzlingly it prefers to go after Aron. Sometimes the field is quite cluttered with ice types some of which have to be hit twice to go down so in those situations it's useful to use Aron to Endeavor such threats while M.Salamence uses Protect. When I just can't clear the field for M.Salamence to be used safely, I switch out and use Aegislash whose high Def/S.Def along with Iron Head really helps out in such circumstances. I hate losing the Dragon Dance setup though so I avoid doing this if possible. Also you should always be conscious of Intimidate users since they will cause your OHKOs to become 2HKOs leaving you open to Blizzard. As a safety precaution, avoid putting Garchomp and M.Salamence together to avoid them going down together when Blizzard users are on the field.

Another big threat to the team is Latios/Latias1 who will hit you with Dragon Pulse across the field when Mega Mence is in the KO-able health range. Greninja is unable to take them out on its own and M.Salamence has no crossfield moves to help out. Finally, Quick Claw is a persistent problem as sometimes hax will enable it to hit Greninja and Aron before Mat Block goes up. This coupled with priority moves can end Aron's life in turn 1 which is not great. Choice Band Aerodactly is a pain as it will try to get Stone Edge off on M.Salamence sometimes taking off a huge chunk of HP, making it a target instead of Aron in such cases.

As a side note I also managed a 104 streak in multis recently. Same team as here but swapped out Dark Pulse for Scald to overcome the frozen hax since I didn't need the crossfield move anyway. The 30% burn chance was a nice perk. I lost because I made a stupid decision to swap out Greninja for M.Salamence when I get hit by Thunder to take it down to 1HP. Not switching it out might not have made a huge difference though since I'd have to depend on M.Metagross not being stupid the next turn since Electrode also outspeeds M.Salamence and hits it very hard.

Going to take a break from Triples now to earn my rotation trophy.

Thanks for reading my rather long ramble. Here are the proof videos:

Battle 1000 Triples: EGTG-WWWW-WW3C-PPWV
Multis Loss Battle 105: FKQW-WWWW-WW3C-PS8U

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Hello, I have gotten a streak of 243 in Triples, but I believe that I could do better. My team is built more around killing stuff with the sun than synergy, but with the sheer power I have, synergy is overrated. :P

Typhlosion (Pompeii)
Ability: Blaze
Modest @ Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

- Eruption
- Filler Heat Wave
- Filler Solar Beam
- Focus Blast Filler

Strategy: What strategy? All I see is Eruption. If Pompeii gets below 1/3 Health I switch out and go with Heat Wave when he returns. I can't remember the last time I used Solar Beam, and I know I never used Focus Blast.
Pompeii is my left lead and destroys almost everything.

Charizard (リザードン)
Ability: Blaze
Modest @ Charizardite Y
252 SpA/252 Spe

- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Strategy: Heat Wave! Coverage is there if I need it (which I usually don't) and Protect is used if a Fast Rock or Electric type is out. If I have to face those two turns in a row, I switch to Mr. Huggy instead of risking a second Protect. (My Garchomp) The missing 4 EVs are missing so opponents target リザードン more than Pompeii. Anything that gets hit by Eruption and Heat Wave will get KOed unless it's bulky or has a Fire resist. The reason for the Modest Nature is that I got this from Wonder Trade before hacks started becoming a problem and believe that it's a legit flawless Japanese Charizard!
リザードン is my middle lead so that Pompeii is less likely to take damage.

Heioliolisk (ScreamingEft)
Ability: Solar Power
Timid @ Life Orb
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Grass Knot

Strategy: The Red Eft is a type of Newt that looks really cool and Hyper Voice is weaponized screaming. ScreamingEft is the perfect nickname because is describes what he is and what he does. (Although it would work better if he was shiny.) Unlike Pompeii and リザードン, I actually think sometimes when choosing ScreamingEft's move. Sometimes I need a Rock Type dead or to reach across the field with Dragon Pulse, but most of the time ScreamingEft lives up to his name.
ScreamingEft is my right lead.

Garchomp (Mr. Huggy)
Ability: Rough Skin
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly @ Expert Belt

- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Protect

Strategy: Remember what I said about Synergy being overrated? Well it turns out you need synergy no madder how well you kill things. Mr. Huggy is the glue to this team because of how well he destroys Fire resists, his Rock resist, and not being nerfed by weather other than sun. Sending out Mr. Huggy in the middle is a very bad idea if Pompeii or ScreamingEft are still out, so he rarely take the middle.

Exeggutor (Killer Keg)
Ability: Chlorophyll
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest @ Choice Specs

- Solar Beam
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Strategy: I figured that a Chlorophyll Pokemon could help patch some weaknesses and Exeggutor was the strongest one. Energy Ball is there in case other weather goes up and I need a Grass attack. Sludge Bomb may seem like an odd choice, but it was the only filler option other than Ancient Power, (No, it doesn't get Shadow Ball.) and I'd rather not breed for it unless people I don't know on the internet tell me that it's a good idea.

Talonflame (Sweat Pants)
Ability: Gale Wings
120 HP/252 Atk/136 Spe
Adamant @ Choice Band

- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Strategy: He just works. Adding a third Rock weakness to this team seems like a bad idea, but Sweat Pants just works for some reason. I'm pretty sure it's because I have enough way to deal with Rock types and Priority Brave Bird is just that good. The EVs are what they are because they're the EVs on the Talonflame I had laying around.

Right now, I'd say my team is weak against fast stuff that can KO my leads like Archeops and anything with base 110+ speed and Focus Blast against ScreamingEft. Opposing weather doesn't hurt as much as it seems like it would unless it's rain. Trick Room makes me worry, but well... just read what I said in the Dumbest Things the AI has done thread.
In the Battle Mansion, the AI loves to use Trick Room, but doesn't seem to realize that you don't want to use two multiple times. (For those who don't know, using Trick Room while it's in affect cancels it out.) It's not uncommon to see it used two turns in a row, but the most face palm worthy moment was in a Triple Battle. The opponent's Slowbro used Trick Room and their Slowking used it, not on the turn after, but on the same turn. With two turns in a row, there's a brief "Oh crap" moment for the player in the middle, but twice on the same turn? I'd say double Splash is better that double Trick Room because Splash doesn't have reduced priority.
Thanks for reading (unless you skipped this wall of text and I don't blame you if you did :P) and I'm hoping that I could get some ideas to improve this team. I want to reach 300 wins. :D

350 wins (and still going) with Durant/Drapion/Cloyster. The last two battles both had two leads that are problematic for this team - Mienshao4 which fortunately did not KO Durant with Fake Out + High Jump Kick, but died to HJK recoil after allowing Cloyster only two boosts. The backups, thankfully, were the very non-threatening Flygon and Blissey. Afterward, Mismagius4 led, dodged the first Entrainment and used Power Gem, trapped it on the Truant turn, Protected the second Entrainment, got Durant down in the red with Power Gem on the Truant, then finally got hit with Entrainment as it killed Durant with Power Gem. After debating for some time I elected to send in Cloyster, and was able to fully set up as Mismagius hurled Power Gem after useless Power Gem at Cloyster's Protects. It dodged the first Icicle Spear but it didn't make a difference, because it died two turns later (I Protected on the following attack turn to be safe) and the backups were not threatening to a set up Cloyster.

Dunno why I'm feeling the need to post about it except to say "hey check this out, even two problematic leads couldn't actually stop the team"

ivs? evs? anything of the sort?

punctuation?
Entei has 50 HP, 235 ATK, 25 SPD & 100 for both SP DEF & DEF.

Mega Latias has 55 HP, 143 SP ATK, 151 SPD, 74 SP DEF, & 87 DEF.

Mamoswine has Thick Fat Ability & 51 HP, 252 ATK, 72 SPD, & 66 SP DEF & 69 DEF.

All 3 have flawless 31 IVs in all stats cos I got 'em via wi-fi from a Spanish & American pal for a small fee via e-bay.

The team seems rather underwhelming, to be honest. Congratulations on your streak.

I just watched your last battle and your misplay against Regirock is probably what cost you the game. If you had used Bulldoze instead of Overheat, then EQ with Mamoswine and Ice Shard next turn, over 50% chance of KOing Regirock and keeping your Mamoswine alive. If you are 252 speed, you would outspeed Tornadus and could have landed a Stone Edge, with a chance to OHKO. If not, you could fire off an Ice Shard and pop his Yache Berry. He would go for an attack to finish your Mamoswine off, and then your Latias could come in and land an Ice Beam for the KO.

Mamoswine is not the fastest mon around and it doesn't have the best natural bulk around so running Weakness Policy doesn't seem to be too good.
For a lead, Entei's stats are not ideal (IMO). It can't set up like Dragonite and Mega Scizor. It can't outright KO half the Maison like Greninja or Mega Khan. It is reasonably bulky and has many resistances tho, so it has that going for it. You shouldn't run Overheat with Adamant tho.
With such offensive mons, you can't switch around as much as is necessary sometimes either. Latias has great special defense but you can only take so many hits, mainly without recovery on anything.
Maybe you could put Mamoswine with a Scarf as the lead, run Life Orb on Entei and fast yet defensive spread on Latias (252HP/60Def/196+Spe makes you faster than all Garchomps and everything below) with Roost/Recovery, Calm Mind and 2 STABs like Psychic and Dragon Pulse. Great neutral coverage, only thing you can't hit is Steel types and Gardevoir/Mr.Mime. You shouldn't stay in anyway, Entei deals with all of these with Iron Head+STAB.

Of course, it's your team and you are obviously free to run whatever pleases you. I'm just trying to help you improve your streak.

p.s.: As previous post said, please use punctuation. It makes everything more pleasant to read.
Yea my bad sorry quite new around here too but anyways thank you so much for taking the pain-staking & awesome effort to size up my coveted Pokemon team.

Okay I've to say my team is built mostly on defense + counterattacking speedily & vigorously dat's why I invested in the evs of my poke quite evenly with the top evs following the chosen nature of each mon.

Although I've tried quite a few combos which made it to 40+ before losing to mostly veterans with legendaries abound, I never made it quite this far until I used Entei(another one with bold nature) with Assault Vest & found it to be an immeasurably endurance combo that has saved my neck many times & got the first super-win against Nita the Chandelieur & among the 3 legendary dog I had say he is even better than Suicune due to higher speed & attack while having defenses that are not to shabby either, making it the ideal starter mon to tank hits patiently which dishing out solid dmg in return as the com has a tendency to always attack at your Pokemon weakness the assault vest,weakness policy & mega stone all share 1 thing in common, these valuable items prolong the health of my mons thus increase defensive staying power while not worrying much about attack due to their high base stats in that area essentially making 'em an all balanced mon with few weakness the com can exploit fully.

Granted I should have switched out where necessary but I thought of trying something fresh & new & didn't know my overheat would do close to nth on dat stubborn pile of solid rock where I've in the past on the way to this streak 1HKO many stubborn steel types such as Foretress & even Steelix where flare blitz couldn't do dat much dmg without subtracting precious hp which dat fiery dog would need later in battle just in case further more I love priority moves as they always outspeed mons much faster than 'em unless where in dat unlucky situation it was holding dat rare priority berry hence this has definitely saved my neck quite a few times when all would have been lost,hope was renewed:-)

Thanks really much for giving my team an awesome thumbs up hope to cya in the Pokemon game world battling or trading mons too au revoir et Bon Journee.

Hey bro thanks for pointing out my mistake yea dat was wat most prolly happened guess I was still too absorbed in battle which ended yesterday to comprehend the erreur but lols I choose timid Latias over modest or calm/bold so that it can be faster than most speedy mon & start first FTW.

Sounds like this is what happened. I just watched the video and Tornadus usually only went first when using moves like Double Team and Substitute.
Spot-on bro thks for watching the loss vid too it was such a waste to think all dat could hv been avoided too if I was more alert & not so sleepy lols.

Last edited by a moderator:
Entei has 50 HP, 235 ATK, 25 SPD & 100 for both SP DEF & DEF.

Mega Latias has 55 HP, 143 SP ATK, 151 SPD, 74 SP DEF, & 87 DEF.

Mamoswine has Thick Fat Ability & 51 HP, 252 ATK, 72 SPD, & 66 SP DEF & 69 DEF.
The fact that you reached 108 wins with such suboptimal spreads is actually very impressive to me.

I don't know how familiar you are with competitive Pokémon but you probably shouldn't run these EVs on your mons. You can get a Reset Bag through Super Training, and with that you should EV train them to a more optimal spread.
The most important notion that you gotta have is that the EVs work in 4s, which means that for every 4 EVs in a stat, you get 1 point in it at level 100. With that in mind, you can probably see now that your EV spreads have a lot of wasted points. You can find more help about EV training here: LINK

Smogon also has a Strategy Pokédex with competitive spreads and sets for Pokémon that might be useful to you.

I envy you for your Latias, I tried to find a 5IVs Latias in all places and couldn't seem to find anyone, so I ended up settling with some other dragon. Granted, I'm not willing to buy a Pokémon, which could make things easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)