Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Lost again! This time to a Sheer Cold Cryogonal. I knew it was fast, but I didn't think it would be a threat. I would have used Protect if I knew it has Sheer Cold! So it took out my Charizard. I should have paid attention to the set it was using. Once Typhlosion came out, I thought it would KO Cryogonal. If it had, I would have been just fine. The only problem is Aerodactyl came out, and then I knew I was done for. Took out Typhlosion, and then a Blizzard killed Venusaur. Here's the code if anyone's interested: ZRSW-WWWW-WWW4-PD5Z My team is listed in a post above. Considering changing it up because I haven't made it past 40 in a while. Just not sure what to do, though.

Thanks for your advice! I'll definitely try out using a Wacan Berry on Talonflame. But is there any way to get the type-resist berries other than through mutations?
No worries, thanks for considering it! And you can get Wacan once a week from a tree on Route 18, as well as Inverse battles and destroyed background objects.

I almost lost today at around 300, after making a major change to the team. Forgot to record the battle, but it was mostly due to my own mistakes. Gliscor saved the day anyway.

Aegislash was fun to use, and MVP in a lot of matches. He was never bad, but he did take ages to set up. I'm sure I'll miss Sacred Sword, but since there's no more Gem-boosted Brave Birds, the Flying resist was more of a perk than a necessity. So I moved Gliscor into his place, and now have a more offensive Fire/Water/Grass lead. Here's what I use now:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 68 Def / 44 SDef / 68 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

It's my VGC Gyarados since I couldn't be bothered breeding another Adamant one just for Maison. Outruns Excadrill at +0, and takes Thunderbolts reasonably well as Mega.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Level: 50
EVs: 212 HP / 84 Def / 72 SAtk / 140 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute

The Grass-killer and Special Attacker I so desparately needed. The EVs give me enough HP to get 5 Substitutes, defense to survive Exeggcutor 4's Explosion, and speed to outrun Articuno 2 (the Mind Reader one). Can't do anything useful with the rest apart from SAtk so there it goes. Haven't fully decided between Fiery Dance and Flamethrower, but I can't find any KO significant enough to justify missing out on a 50% boost.

Ferrothorn @ Wide Lens
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

The EVs make Scarf Rampardos's Brick Break or Glaceon's Blizzard never 3HKO. Originally I used Sitrus Berry, but Wide Lens was deemed necessary after Leech Seed missed 4 times in a row. Protect lets him stall/heal as well as rotating in safely. STABs are self-explanatory.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 208 HP / 244 Spd / 56 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute

Gliscor seemed like the most appropriate backrow mon, due to his 2 immunities. Also switching him in activates Poison Heal without wasting Protect PP. HP is divisible by 16, Speed outruns +spe base 80s and the rest goes in his defense. As a last poke he's fantastic, stalling everything out with residual damage from Leech Seed using Sub/Protect, and even adding some of his own via Toxic if he gets a free turn.

Last edited:
My partner had a scarf-Charizard and a balloon Raikou (you can see their movesets in my post above). While they made very questionable plays sometimes, having both of my partner's Pokémon immune to ground moves was great for spamming earthquakes. I actually only lost twice out of 150+ battles. I can give you my friend code if you want to try it.
That'll be great! My FC is 5172 0349 9697. Thanks a lot!

The game: 3L7G-WWWW-WWW4-QWYE

So, I lost with my take of Eppie's Super Triples team at 171 to the grim reaper that is Quick Claw Explosion Muk, aka Muk 4, and eventually died off to former streak ender (I had a 56 Singles streak in Platinum), Cradily 4.
How I lost:
So, I recently got interested on what Miiverse was. I made a status on there because a lot of people had low streaks, and let them know Talonflame/Mega Blastoise/Greninja was a great way to get a high streak if they wanted it. Someone suggests using Grass Knot instead of Aura Sphere on Togekiss as it deals with bulky Waters, and that my only problem would be Heatran. But, little did I know there was another threat - Cradily - that would cause me to lose had I switched Grass Knot with Aura Sphere.
Also, my biggest fear with this team happens to be Bastiodon 1 and 4, who both know Wide Guard, which blocks Water Spout. I can't really do anything to Bastiodon because it's a brick wall statistically and I had no moves besides Water Spout to KO it, and this battle I was just so happening to be battling Bastiodon 4, but it used Curse instead of Wide Guard which is weird.
Another thing that may have done me in was Blastoise knowing Dark Pulse instead of Aura Sphere. Story of this, I had IV bred and EV trained and leveled him all the way up to level 53, then realised Aura Sphere wasn't a relearn move, but an egg move. So I chucked on Dark Pulse. However, Dark Pulse has saved me many a time, so I can't really blame it. It was a great run anyway, a lot of fun. :)

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm kinda new here too, but just got my 5 trophy with teams that had several of the pokes you listed (see 2 pages ago for my teams, if you want); but answering your question, my sugestion:

For doubles... you could try a weather team using this Tyranitar @ Assault Vest (Substitute for Protect and DD for Crunch); Garchomp @ Life Orb/Lum Berry/Choice Scarf (item depending to what you feel better; also SD for Rock Slide); Aegislash @ Leftovers; M-Kanga. I think that you can go very far with this team. But you may also make a quick FEAR Aron (Sturdy, lvl 1, Endeavor/Protect/Toxic/Sleep Talk @ Berry Juice, no need to worry for IV/EV) and go with something like Tyranitar, Aron, Aegislash, M-Kanga.
Starting on Doubles now. Working my up to through the initial 20 streak to unlock Super Doubles. I'm rolling with Tyranitar with Air Balloon (lol), garchomp with Life Orb, Aegislash and M-Kanga. So far I just open with Garchomp's EQ and let Tyranitar either protect/Rock Slide and I'm just rolling through. I know it'll get harder later but this is fun "practice". All that grinding in Singles REALLY taught me about matchups and stuff. Gonna be great to apply that to Doubles!

Oh hai! I'm new to the thread, but as for the Battle Maison, I'm quite experienced. I've beaten Singles, Doubles and Multi (Partner had Scizor and Zapdos). I tend to change my team around, so unless I get something like a 100 odd streak, don't expect me to have a game changing team (Besides Mega Khan of course).
My current team that I'm experimenting with is:

Mega Garchomp (252Att and 252Speed)
Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Fire Blast and Poison Jab (damn Fairies)

Hydreigon (Life Orb, 252SpeAtt 252Spe)
Focus Blast, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse and Fire Blast

Infernape (Choice Scarf, 252Att, 252Spe)
Close Combat, Mach Punch, Flare Blitz and Thunderpunch
It's experimental, and it's probably not going to turn out well :P

Finally lost my Super Rotations streak, at battle 392. Video code is PL8W-WWWW-WWW4-QYBU.

Turns out FWG cores are really hard to beat with FWG! I don't think I ever had a problem with Lapras 4 before, but that was when I had Aegislash to 2HKO with Sacred Sword. Perish Song is made to beat setup sweepers, but I could have won anyway if I'd been more offensive and hadn't gotten greedy with boosts. At any rate, now I finally get ranked!

Here's the team I used in the video, as well as the Aegislash that I was using up until battle 320ish. I did use an Arcanine for a little while, somewhere around late 200s to early 300s. It wasn't very good though, so I won't include it.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 68 Def / 44 SDef / 68 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mold Breaker makes mono-attacking Water quite viable - there's not many 4x resists available, and 2x resists are pretty easy to break through after a couple of boosts. The EV spread is for VGC. Still, it's bulky enough to get to +2/3 without having to Rest and thanks to the stat buffs of Mega Gyarados (giving it similar bulk to Umbreon), it can take Focus Blasts and STAB Thunderbolts. Early on I experimented with a Jolly set that wasn't 2HKOed by any Stone Edge/Earthquake up to an including Archeops/Rhyperior, and outsped Scarf Manectric at +2. But neither target was really necessary since Gliscor could easily handle Electric-types, and Gyarados really needed the power of Adamant to sweep without having to get to +6.

Ferrothorn @ Wide Lens
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Much more of a team supporter than setup sweeper. He walls and weakens Water, Dragon and Rock types who can be troublesome for Gyarados. Wide Lens helps Leech Seed to hit most of the time, which is important for the rest of the team to do their jobs. The EVs ensure that neither Rampardos 3 or Glaceon 3 & 4 can 3HKO with Brick Break or Blizzard, respectively - not super relevant targets but not much seems to OHKO or 2HKO Ferrothorn that EVs could do something about, so that's what I decided on.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 212 HP / 84 Def / 48 SAtk / 164 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute

Venusaur, Ferrothorn and Weezing were huge problems for my original lineup. Other Leech Seeding grass-types could really slow things down, too. So although I did lose around 80 rounds after the change, the battles went a heck of a lot smoother as beating them was simply a case of setting Volcarona up rather than hoping I could stall them out before I get stalled out.

212 HP gives me enough HP to make 5 Substitutes (with Leftovers healing), allowing it to scout for misses on low accuracy moves if given the opportunity. 84 Def survives Exeggcutor's Explosion, the strongest neutral physical attack I'll ever have to take from a Grass-type. Speed is just enough to put up a Substitute before Sceptile 4.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 208 HP / 244 Spd / 56 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute

Anyone who has seen it in OU knows what this does. Unfortunately at level 50 it has to cut a lot of HP to be divisible by 8, but it's still bulky enough to do what's required of it. Speed outruns Jolly Blaziken. Started as one of the leads, but got moved to the back when Aegislash left to make room for Volcarona.

----FORMER MEMBER----

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 140 Def / 84 SDef
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Two things that would consistently break my streaks in Gen V's Battle Subway were Gem-boosted Flying attacks and evasion abusers. Aegislash beats both by virtue of his typing and Sacred Sword. EVs let him survive CB Slaking Earthquake and Heatran's Fire Blast, respectively - because Shadow Sneak's not going to KO either of them. I probably could have just settled for Rhyperior's Earthquake since the rest of the team can handle Slaking locked into EQ, but I wanted to begin each spread as bulky as possible. I never felt a need for more power since I'd usually be at +4/6 once I started attacking. 0 Speed IV and Brave nature minimises the chance of taking an attack as Blade Aegislash.

Now to move onto Multi Battle! Best AI partner I have so far is Weavile + Typhlosion (the Scarf one). Greninja Water/Grass/Ice STAB seems great with either of them, but idk about my backup.

Finally lost my Super Rotations streak, at battle 392. Video code is PL8W-WWWW-WWW4-QYBU.

Now to move onto Multi Battle! Best AI partner I have so far is Weavile + Typhlosion (the Scarf one). Greninja Water/Grass/Ice STAB seems great with either of them, but idk about my backup.
Gratz on the streak! As for the partners, you can find legendaries with your partners, but they don't guarantee a 50+ streak (especially when Landorus EQs your Infernape when he's on THE SAME DAMN SIDE! >.>) I've had good runs with the previously mentioned Scizor/Zapdos combo, but it does vary. Point is, you have a great combo as well! :D

After looking through this thred, I'm convinced to use MMawile... Only problem is I don't have a Mawile to Mega up. I have a Kahn though, so I'll go back to using her for a bit, and hope I don't come across any f*cking Hypnosis Gengar >.>
Edit: Mega Khan hasn't been tagged in, why? Mega Garchomp having too much fun XD. Also I'm going to breed a Mawile JUST FOR MASION :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else tried to run double FEAR in triple battles? It worked pretty well to me, I've adapted Eppie's doubles team and got this:

Smeargle Lvl 1 @ Focus Sash
/care Nature
Own Tempo
- Protect
- Toxic
- Endeavor
- Destiny Bond

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
Pressure
252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Sp.Def
- Trick Room
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rock Slide

Aron Lvl 1 @ Berry Juice
/care Nature
Sturdy
- Protect
- Toxic
- Endeavor
- Swagger

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
Stance Change
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
Huge Power
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
Sand Stream
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Got to a 93 streak with this before being haxed to death (although it's quite hax resistant usually). Played badly on #94, in the end I had Aegislash 1on1 against Escavalier, got a +2 with SD, he pulled out Swagger, self-OHKO'd with confusion. Oh well.

It's quite straight forward. On turn 1 both FEARs protect, Dusclops sets up Trick Room. Turn 2 I tend to use Endeavor on left and center, so Smeargle can survive, and then Rock Slide with Dusclops. It can be quite underwhelming on resists (doesn't even finish off most ground-types after Endeavor), but most of the times I just get two kills without losing anyone. Night Shade can be used to eliminate a potential threat 100% of the times. If one of the FEARs go down, usually Azumarill can pick up and wreck havoc, outspeeding so much things under TR. Aegislash if things go really bad can get in, T-tar is mostly a filler, but I don't know what else to put in.

Except for the ghost-cluttered teams in the 20-30s (found one with 4 ghosts which almost brought me down), this team has only problem with priority (not so much actually), and doesn't fear (pun intended) Veterans at all, I tend to 6-0 or 5-0 them all the time.

I've thought of a potential singles team. When I say "thought" I mean "putting other peoples ideas into action"
So here's what I'm thinking...

Lead:
MMawile (Mawilite, 252 Att, 124Def, 124SpecDef, rest on HP)
Intimidate, (which turns into Huge Power)
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance?
Play Rough
Ummm....
This set is for a bulky sweeping Mawile, as you can see XD. I haven't had a look at Mawiles move pool yet so I can't think of a good 4th move. Also I might just put 252 EVs into HP instead of splitting it between Def and SpecDef. Again, work in progress.

D/P/P Throwback:
Garchomp (Or Hydreigon, not listing a set because I posted it :P)
Persim Berry, 252Att, 252Spe, 6SpecDef, Rough Skin
Outrage
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Poison Jab
It's like my other Garchomp, but with better IVS, and has Outrage.(And Rough Skin instead of Sand Veil)

Covert OPs:
Greninja (Choice Specs, 252SpeAtt, 252Speed, Protean)
Hydro Cannon
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
This is where it starts to fall apart.... Don't get me wrong, Greninja is great, but it's the setup for him that I don't like TBH, I might swap out Choice Specs for Life Orb, or something like that. Oh and as for Hyper Water, here's the thing. If Hydro Pump didn't one shot an opponent, it might cost me the match, I might as well go for the 1HKO. It COULD mean the diffrence between victory and defeat. People on the Greninja thread don't agree with me mind >.>

So yeah, I have the Garchomp and Greninja, but I'll be breeding the Mawile, so I'm not ready to bust down the Masions doors yet :P

Edit: I'm not breeding XD I found a good one on GTS so I'm using that, and the 4th move is Thunder Fang, mainly because I don't think it has Fire Fang, and I don't want to breed lol.
Edit2: It has Fire Fang, checked via Move Reminder.... Now, Fire Fang or Iron Head? Yeah Iron Head lol
Edit3: I might replace Swords Dance..... WHAT AM I SAYING? Yeah, Fire/Thunder Fang would be good for coverage, but SWEEPING POWAR! :D I'll tell you if it works or not

Last edited:
Gratz on the streak! As for the partners, you can find legendaries with your partners, but they don't guarantee a 50+ streak (especially when Landorus EQs your Infernape when he's on THE SAME DAMN SIDE! >.>) I've had good runs with the previously mentioned Scizor/Zapdos combo, but it does vary. Point is, you have a great combo as well! :D

After looking through this thred, I'm convinced to use MMawile... Only problem is I don't have a Mawile to Mega up. I have a Kahn though, so I'll go back to using her for a bit, and hope I don't come across any f*cking Hypnosis Gengar >.>
Edit: Mega Khan hasn't been tagged in, why? Mega Garchomp having too much fun XD. Also I'm going to breed a Mawile JUST FOR MASION :P
I can pop out a 5 or 6iv Adamant/Intimidate Mawile for you probably pretty quickly if you want. I bred all of my pokes for the Maison and kept all the parents in a box, so if you wanna trade lemme know.

I'm thinking about using the following team for Super Singles. Can people give me any pointers:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
IVs: 31/31/31/31/xx/31
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4???
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed

Delphox @ Assault Vest
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4???
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Nature: Timid
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

I don't know who to lead with, and I don't know if I should give a member any other egg moves.

I'm thinking about using the following team for Super Singles. Can people give me any pointers:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed

Delphox @ Assault Vest
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock

Greninja @ Life Orb
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

I don't know who to lead with, and I don't know if I should give a member any other egg moves.
tip: jumpluff kicks ass at the maison

Lucario @ Lucarionite
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed

Delphox @ Assault Vest
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock

Greninja @ Life Orb
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

Lead with Lucario, Mega up first turn while using Swords Dance. Own everything. Even though Extremespeed feels a little unessecary with the 252 Speed, you never know. And maybe replace Surf with Hydro Miss/Hyper Water. And you don't need Extrasensory with Delphox in your party, I'd use Grass Knot. Again just me, don't have to ;)

no joke though jumpluff i one of the best maison pokes ive ever used sleep powder plus subseed plus blistering speed just owns everything..
Sounds fun, but wouldn't TruAnt be a better lead despite the 4x Fire weakness? Eh personal preference I guess, I lead with MMawile and just wreck things XD

Okay, this Dragonite is trolliy as hell, Thunder Waveing you then Roosting like mad.... Just swept my team >.> and I got a REALLY powerful Dragon Pulse off, and it didn't Crit either (if it did I missed it) if you want to see it, it's FANW-WWWW-WWW4-R34T . Lucky it was battle 1 eh? :P I'm replacing Hydreigon with Greninja. Just cus.

Okay, this Dragonite is trolliy as hell, Thunder Waveing you then Roosting like mad.... Just swept my team >.> and I got a REALLY powerful Dragon Pulse off, and it didn't Crit either (if it did I missed it) if you want to see it, it's FANW-WWWW-WWW4-R34T . Lucky it was battle 1 eh? :P I'm replacing Hydreigon with Greninja. Just cus.
i got parflinched by a similar one. It doesn't Evan have serene grace and it flinches more than my togekiss

i got parflinched by a similar one. It doesn't Evan have serene grace and it flinches more than my togekiss
THAT'S why I'm using Greninja from now on, his moves are Rock Slide, Will O Wisp, Toxic Thunder Wave and Roost.... WAIT WHAT. Okay, I had a Mock Battle, but it shouldn't Randomize the moveset truly? I'm serious, either he used Will o wisp or Ninetales did. I'll check now
Edit: Yeah, Ninetales totally used WoW. Don't panic :P

Last edited:
So I need a lot of BP so I am trying to construct a good Battle Maison Team. Here is what I am thinking of at the moment from taking ideas from other teams that placed high on the record list.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Something

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP
- Extrasensory
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

I am not the best at Battle Maison (my highest streak is only 35), so any help that you guys can give me with this team is very appreciated.

So I need a lot of BP so I am trying to construct a good Battle Maison Team. Here is what I am thinking of at the moment from taking ideas from other teams that placed high on the record list.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Something

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

I am not the best at Battle Maison (my highest streak is only 35), so any help that you guys can give me with this team is very appreciated.
What are your pokemon's abilities? What are their IVs?

Lost again! This time to a Sheer Cold Cryogonal. I knew it was fast, but I didn't think it would be a threat. I would have used Protect if I knew it has Sheer Cold! So it took out my Charizard. I should have paid attention to the set it was using. Once Typhlosion came out, I thought it would KO Cryogonal. If it had, I would have been just fine. The only problem is Aerodactyl came out, and then I knew I was done for. Took out Typhlosion, and then a Blizzard killed Venusaur. Here's the code if anyone's interested: ZRSW-WWWW-WWW4-PD5Z My team is listed in a post above. Considering changing it up because I haven't made it past 40 in a while. Just not sure what to do, though.
I'm not really sure why you have your mind set on using a physical Venusaur...it only has base 82 attack. To put that in perspective, it has less attack than WEEPINBELL. In doubles, even with 252 Atk EVs, Earthquake will never KO Houndoom without a crit...and Houndoom has base 75 HP and base 50 defense. It won't KO Heatran either. It was only good in singles last gen because Growth let it double its otherwise bad Attack stat, allowing it to actually do damage with physical moves. It's obviously fast with Chlorophyll, but that doesn't mean a lot if it fails to get important KOs. If you're using an 85% accuracy move like Power Whip, you want it to be killing whatever it hits. Honestly, if I'm using a move with 90% accuracy or less, it had better be either a rarely-used coverage move or a near-guaranteed KO on anything it targets. On top of that, Leftovers is a really bad item choice for a format where an eight-turn battle is long. If I were using Chlorophyll Venusaur in doubles (which I probably wouldn't), I would probably use the following set:

Venusaur @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 188 HP (180 with HP Fire)/ 252 SpAtk / 68 Spd (76 with HP Fire)
Modest nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Light Screen / Protect / Safeguard
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Giga Drain / Earthquake / Sleep Powder

The Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Accelgor in the sun; the rest is dumped into HP. Venusaur has a horrible movepool. This set aims to hit as hard as Venusaur can, and Life Orb helps it do that. Solar Beam and Sludge Bomb should be the moves you're using most of the time. The third move offers a little bit of support; Light Screen can help against random special attackers while Safeguard blocks status. I can't imagine protect being used all that often, since I imagine Venusaur will mostly come out after Gallade has fainted and you probably want Venusaur to be attacking and helping Typhlosion get KOs. Hidden Power [Fire] is the best move in the last slot, allowing Venusaur to actually do something against Steel-types. Hidden Power [Ground] is another option for Fire-types, but it only hits harder than Sludge Bomb against Heatran and Chandelure (among Flash Fire Pokemon), both of which it fails to KO. Giga Drain doesn't fit the doubles format well, but I guess it can come in handy if you know you're going to KO anyway. I just talked about how bad Venusaur's physical attack is; EQ is only there because it literally has nothing better to do. The same is true of Sleep Powder. You lose badly to most Flash Fire Pokemon and have problems with Fire-types in general, but that's not because of the lack of Attack EVs or the choice of Venusaur set; it's because you're choosing to use Venusaur on this team at all.

After (almost) dominating in doubles, I now have my sights on the Triples trophy. I'm at battle 27 now, and going strong. One thing I've noticed is that Triples battles take a lot longer than Doubles, which is kind of annoying. Another thing I've noticed: A phrase that sums up my team (and my preferred battling strategy) perfectly is...

Think about it. My team is as follows:
Talonflame. Base 126 speed. Gale Wings.
Noivern. Base 123 speed. (Vetches ain't dead!)
Jolteon. Base 130 speed.
Greninja. Base 122 speed.
Mega Kangaskhan. Base 100 speed. (Not the greatest, but still pretty good.)
Breloom. Base 70 speed. (Again not great, but whatever.)
And I'm using Tailwind. Overkill much?

But whatever; I love this playstyle. :D

And in case you're wondering, I'm using the following Jolteon set:

Nikola II (Jolteon) @ Air Balloon
Timid nature
Ability: Volt Absorb
IVs: 31 SAtk, 31 Speed
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Speed
Helping Hand
Thunderbolt
Thunder (Will replace with Discharge or Signal Beam)
Shadow Ball

Other than that, my team hasn't changed, except that Liz and Amy now carry EQ instead of Sucker Punch.

Having some trouble with positioning in Doubles and Triples. Not exactly sure what the most effective placements are for any particular pokemon. I guess in Doubles it doesn't really matter but Triples is weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)