Battle Maison Discussion & Records

thx everyone I will breed Florges and Aegislash now. 6iv will abit pain but 6+5 shouldn't take too long.

I get drunk when I saw Khan move pool.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I need advice on my doubles team, I didn't think about it too seriously when I put it together, and it steam rolled the first 40 battles until I misplayed and lost to a Weavile who Ice Punched / Sharded me to death (had help from a Rockslide flinch too...)

Politoed @ Damp Rock / Absorb Bulb / Assault Vest
Drizzle - Modest 252 HP, 252 SpA
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Hydro Pump

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Dry Skin - Timid 252 SpA, 252 Speed
-Thunder
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power (Ice) / Dark Pulse

Noivern @ Wise Glasses / Normal Gem / Choice Specs
Telepathy - Timid 252 SpA, 252 Speed
-Hurricane
-Dragon Pulse
-Boomburst
-Tailwind

Kabutops @ Focus Sash
Swift Swim - Adamant 252 Atk, 252 Speed
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide
-Protect
-Flail / Swords Dance / Aqua Jet

So yeah I pretty much just Thundered everything with Heliolisk until he died with Politoed keeping him healthy. Even with modest and max investment I found Politoed to be pretty weak. Matches are pretty short so I figured I could forego the Damp Rock for an Absorb Bulb but I about 99% of the time it was better to just thunder the opposition rather than Surf so then I added an Assault Vest to toed instead. So then I thought I could give Noivern the bulb to help him actually hurt things but Telepathy prevents that from working.. I really can't figure out what to put on him so he just got the Normal Gem to help kill stuff with Boomburst, but Kabutops is my only pokemon with Protect so I usually have to save it until he's out. Speaking of Kabutops, I really only wanted him for Swift Swim Rock Slides which does work, but he is really lacking in other options. Rain-boosted Waterfall's hurt pretty bad which is good, and Protect is obvious, but what do I teach him last??? He's damn frail and 1hp Flail actually does a lot of work for me when I have to use it but there's gotta be another way...

So anyway I don't fully remember how I lost, but the AI was down to it's last 2 mons; Weavile and Aromatisse. Weavile outsped and ohko'd my lisk with Ice Punch, Politoed misses Hydro Pump and aroma killed off my weakened toed with Energy Ball. So out come Noivern and Kabutops. This is where I messed up because I decide to protect with tops (???) and hurricane with Noivern, but Weavile ohko's Noivern with Ice Shard, Aroma tried Energy Balling tops but its protected. I figure its over now and blindly tap Rock Slide hoping for Weavile to not Ice Shard and not be holding Focus Sash, except he does Ice Shard, breaking my sash, Aroma kills me off with Energy Ball...
On my second attempt with this same team I beat Evelyn! I went back to Absorb Bulb on Politoed and decided to spam Surf more often with Heliolisk and it worked well. I stuck with Dark Pulse with Heliolisk too which I've found to be much more helpful than HP ice (especially random flinches). I'm still using Boomburst + Normal Gem with Noivern but only used it like 3 times so far, and it's very underwhelming when I do use it. I'd love to use Flamethrower in it's place but the whole rain thing doesn't really work... I went back to Flail on Kabutops which is 100% filler but it does real nice damage when at max power. I thought about swapping Protect for Endure (and maybe putting a Wide Lens on him to make Rock Slide a little more reliable) but realised its a ridiculous idea.

I'm gonna take a break from this streak for now to try to get the triple trophy but I'll work at it after

Chatelaine battle for anyone interested: WHVG-WWWW-WWW4-SG32

video summary:

-Evelyn leads with Suicune and Entei (couldn't have been better for me)
-Heliolisk ohko's Suicune with Thunder, Surf from 'Toed leaves Entei at about ~5%. Amazingly Entei's Stone Edge misses!
-She sends out Latios. 'Lisk Surfs to boost up 'Toed and kill of Entei. Latios Calm Minds While 'Toed Ice Beams it
-Politoed survives Thunderbolt from Raikou with 1hp!! I assumed it was gonna die so I Surf with Heliolisk. In hindsight I should have used Dark Pulse to wear down Latios, but anyway Politoed is dead now. Latios Recovers the damage
-I send in Noivern, Raikou protects while I double target Latios, but it one shots my frail Noivern.
-Kabutops comes in, we finish off Latios and Kabutops' Focus Sash saves him from a Thunderbolt
-Kabutops protects for the inevitable t-bolt coming it's way while Heliolisk finishes Raikou

I've never been any good at doubles so this is ever so satisfying for me

Last edited:
cant say Wow congrats! At least you only needed 2 tries to beat Evelyn. I swear I must have burnt at least 10+ tries (with 2 crappy AI-cheating/haxy losses against her) before I finally (FINALLY!!!!!) just beat her a few minutes ago... Now for Multi to complete the collection~

Hclegend drop Poison Jab for Swords Dance and give Garchomp a Lum Berry, it cures confusion from Outrage, as well as other status like sleep and burn. On Fairies, Poison Jab is only hitting them at 10bp higher than Earthquake (80x2=160 vs 100x1.5=150) so the only Fairy you have to worry about is Togekiss (ohko'd by Mawille's Iron Head. Ice Beam from Greninja is a 2hko). Alternatively you can drop Fire Fang but then you lose coverage on Skarmory, Scizor, Forretress and Ferrothorn (none of your other mon's can cover them).

Also please drop Hydro Cannon. What happens if you miss a ko? or it's not their last mon? Greninja dies. If you desperately need power go for Hydro Pump instead. But I wouldn't rely on the accuracy. Maybe just Surf for reliability. When just one move can cost you a streak you want reliability...

I actually haven't tried Mawile yet myself but you're build looks identical to all the others that have had high streaks so just keep at it!
Y'know what? I'm going to listen to your advice, thanks! I only had Poison Jab on Garchomp because when I used my first Garchomp, I didn't have a Fairy counter, and boosting Garchomps attack is a good idea too.... Apart from the surprise Ice Beam/Ice Punch :(. As for Hydro Cannon, I've been meaning to drop that (I DID lose because of the recharge XD, only a 3 streak, nothing much). Thanks again! :D

I have acquired a Hyper Voice Ralts with 5IV... Oh yeah.
Time to think up a team and head back to Triples to get to 200...

What happened to me since:
Singles - not started
Doubles - sitting at 50
Triples - lost at somewhere between 50-75 (the loss was so dumb, I used Amnesia to wipe this memory)
Rotation - lost at 94, not restarted
Multi - sitting at 50

I have considered going for another attempt at 300+ in triples, but I am unsure of what changes I should make to my team. The setup as of now is:

Abamasnow (Abomasnow-Mega) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/HP Fire/HP ground
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail
- Power-Up Punch
- Play Rough

Aromatisse (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute/Psyshock/Flash Cannon

Tyranitar (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

Garchomp (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Any, and all, pointers are very wanted :D

My Triples Maison run ended at a record of 1845.
I seem to have a bad habit of losing at 90% the way to my goal.

If you are wondering what sort of hax could cause me to lose... the answer is that there wasn't really any. I played #1846 really poorly, and by the time I realized it it was a bit too late.

oh, and the max amount of BP you can hold is 9999.

EDIT: Upon, request. adding the team to this post.
Battle Video: 3WAG-WWWW-WWW3-S7TM

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb ***Samidare Mk.2
Trait: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Mat Block

Lv 1 Aron (M) @ Berry Juice ***Aron Traylor
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: N/A
Rash Nature
- Endeavor
- Protect
- Toxic
- Swagger

Garchomp (F) @ Focus Sash ***Tenryuu
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Scarf ***Nabata
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Gyarados (F) @ Choice Band ***HaiteiRaoyue
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 164 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 76 SDef / 68 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Return

Aegislash (F) @ Spell Tag ***Hakurouken
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

There were a few minor changes here and there. Most of the changes probably don't affect too much. These include:

-Greninja is now Timid
-Aron now has Swagger over Sleep Talk
-Tyranitar now has Aerial Ace over Iron Tail

The move changes ultimately just end up allowing me to win some battles a turn or two quicker, and were replacing moves that I never used with ones that I "almost" never use.
I like the idea of an all-out gyarados, but is there a reasoning behind it's EV spread? Also is ice fang>return a good idea in a competitive battling sense? I'm using gyara in vgc to counter talonflame, TTar, and the MChar-Y+Chloro Vena duo.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I had a go at Super Doubles and ended up with a streak of 101 wins on my first try. Nothing huge but I was only trying to get the trophy so I'm happy with it. There was little thought put into this team beyond "I just bred this Kangaskhan and now I'll just team it up with some Pokemon I have sitting in my PC".

Team

Greninja
@ Focus Sash
Timid
ivs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
evs: 4/0/0/252/0/252
stats: 148/93/87/155/91/191
Protean

Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Extrasensory

The same Greninja as the one from my Single team. The power drop from Choice Specs to Focus Sash is dramatic, but its Speed, coverage, and ability are still awesome. I actually had Mat Block over Surf originally but changed back after a while. I found Mat Block to be too situational for this team and Surf makes life much easier against Fire-types.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly
ivs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
evs: 4/252/0/0/0/252
stats: 181/147/100/54/100/156 (181/177/120/72/120/167)
Scappy (Parental Bond)

Double-Edge
Sucker Punch
Fake Out
Brick Break

This is awesome, but everyone already knew that! Not sure if Double-Edge's extra power is worth the recoil, and I wasn't even planning on using it originally (the Ivysaur I used as a parent when I bred it had Double-Edge and I didn't realise). It does hit like a truck though, and it's not like Kangaskhan is lacking in HP. I also have Brick Break over Power-Up Punch. Guaranteed 2+ Attack is good and all but I've always believed that initial power is better in Doubles and Power-Up Punch is pathetic before the boosts. Scrappy is better as it lets you Fake Out ghosts, but it didn't really come into play much.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Modest
ivs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
evs: 0/0/252/252/0/4
stats: 165/101/122/178/170/101
Gooey

Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb

This was originally a Choice Specs Goodra with 252 Speed EVs, but I decided to retrain it into a offensive tank. It should go without saying that Assault Vest causes special attacks to bounce off Goodra, and with the Defence EVs Goodra can take physical attacks alright as well. The 4 remaining EVs are in Speed to get the jump on other neutral Base 80s with no Speed investment (there are actually a fair number of those). Not the most powerful attacker and it tends to struggle in 1v2 situations, but the coverage makes up for it. Sludge Bomb wasn't used once in this streak but I can't run Protect with Assault Vest and there aren't really any moves I want to run in its place aside from maybe Ice Beam (Focus Blast, Draco Meteor, and Muddy Water are the other viable options but they all have disadvantages that I'd rather not deal with).

Scizor @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant
ivs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
evs: 252/252/0/0/0/4
stats: 177/200/120/55/100/86
Technician

X-Scissor
Bullet Punch
Aerial Ace
Protect

Scizor is good on any team, and having a powerful back-up priority user was helpful. Aerial Ace is filler but helps against Fighting-types. Strangely enough, Scizor is the only Pokemon on this team with Protect.

Battle Videos

QXRW-WWWW-WWW4-SQYM (My losing battle)
5BDW-WWWW-WWW4-SQYX (Just a tricky battle with Trick Room Bronzong. Greninja missing Ice Beam against Lax Incense Tangrowth at the start of the battle made this harder than it needed to be.)
ULQG-WWWW-WWW4-SQEM (Beating Evelyn)
2CEG-WWWW-WWW4-SQDB (Scary battle against Volcarona and Talonflame leads before I started using Surf. The Flare Blitz burn on Kangaskhan didn't help. Talonflame is actually kinda dangerous to this team, especially if it has Gale Wings.)

How I lost

I lost to Veteran Isabella (one of the Veteran's that can select from any of the legendary sets). I was dumb and let Registeel 1 get set up while I dealt with its team mates, to the point where I would have needed a crit or 2 from Goodra's Flamethrower to win. I also got Kangaskhan burned by Heatran's Flame Body and had a miss on Lax Incense Cobalion, neither of which helped.

I might make a more serious attempt at a streak later on but for now I'm thinking about what to do for the other modes.

I have considered going for another attempt at 300+ in triples, but I am unsure of what changes I should make to my team. Any, and all, pointers are very wanted :D
Well, for one your team seems pretty fast for Trick Room. I dunno, I don't think even Azumarill is "slow" enough for that.
Next, your team takes damage from Hail, maybe you can make either an entire sandstorm team or even an entire hail team? -- Though I see the point here, few sturdy/sash users resist hail. But there are a lot of sturdy rock/ground/steel types.
Finally, you've got a couple of Earthquake users there but no flying/levitating types. The quakers are on the back line, so I guess the strategy is to put them on the corners and sacrifice the middle Pokemon? Plus, only Abomasnow has Protect.

Oh and now that I've pretty much done Doubles to death I think I'll attempt Multi. Only problem is that I'm new here so I have exactly 0 Friend Codes. Can anyone with a good AI team give me theres? Thanks.
Anyone have an Entei or Typhlosion here?

My own FC has a CB Trevenant and Landorus with some weird sand set. While CB Trev totally rocks, Landorus is a dissapointment sadly, since it has a decent chance of using Sandstorm on turn one and Earthquake to faint your dudes. But if you're interested, send me a PM.

Last edited:
Iam still searching for the 200 wins berry since i have no time to play a lot after my 195win streak, others dont answer my messages q.q

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Decided to take a slight break from Super Singles and work on Super Doubles since I wanted that trophy. I feel happy for this since I always wanted to try out Sand and was less than amused by previous original creation flopped hard. Need some help improving.

Atomsk the Talonflame (F) @ Focus Sash

EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
IVs: 31/31/xx/xx/xx/31 (I think one of the defenses is 31)
Adamant Nature, Gale Wings
- Tailwind
- U Turn
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

Role: Tailwind set-up (Sash is there so I don't get jumped and at least have a chance to hit back), then either switch out with U Turn or die.

(Un-named) Garchomp (M) @ Garchompite
EVs: 252 Atk/6 SpA/252 Spe
IVs: 30/31/31/31/31/31
Naïve Nature, Sand Veil -> Sand Force

- Protect
- Draco Meteor
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Role: To put it simply, Mega-Garchomp is essentially a nuclear bomb in the form of a dragon… most of the time, that is. This thing hits hard physically (and that is before the desert warfare really kicks off), is fast thanks to Tailwind support, and basically demolishes the place as much as possible before Tailwind goes. He either dies early due to missing Draco Meteor or slaughters at least half the team on the other hand. Unfortunately, Draco Meteor does not do as much as I would thought so considering changing the EVs or switch Meteor out for something like Fire Blast.

Toph the Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP/220 Atk/36 Def
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/27
Adamant Nature, Sand Stream

- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Role: Sets up sand and joins Garchomp in destroying the opposition. Unfortunately, she can only switch him in if Chomp isn’t going to let loose a Sand Force-boosted Earthquake that would make the San Andreas Fault envious. Otherwise, it’s Protect and Rock Slide (or Earthquake if Garchomp is doing Protect) with a side order of Crunch.

(Un-named) Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Adamant Nature, Sand Rush

- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Swords Dance (thinking of swapping this out)

Role: Back-up sweeper. If Tailwind goes (and Garchomp-M by extension and sand is still up, Excadrill takes up arms and joins in making sure the opponent bites the dust. I am contemplating on removing SD since I cannot find an opportunity to get one off sand Life Orb does well enough. He’s been fairly reliable.

Issues: As many can tell, Rock Slide and Earthquake taking up half the moveslots of 3/4 of the team means little other options, and it does not help matters there are quite a few things capable of taking double Rock Slides, even if one of them is Sand Force-boosted. In addition, opposing weather setters and, while not very common for me, Wide Guard users tend to screw me up and my tectonic antics.

Currently, my streak is at 31 but won’t be continuing until I adjust my movepool and maybe have a meal. Would like some advice.

If you're aiming to change your team as little as possible, the first thing that comes to mind is giving Tyranitar an Air Balloon. As far as I can tell, Leftovers is relatively pointless in doubles, since battles should only last a few turns anyway (and you should be killing things before they hit you; Leftovers doesn't do anything if you don't take damage). Air Balloon lets it switch in, set up sand to boost Chomp's Earthquake, and avoid getting hit by said Earthquake.

If you're aiming to use Tailwind anyway, Garchomp doesn't really need a +Speed nature. +Attack will give it a bit more firepower, and if you use a +Atk nature, targets with equal defenses will take more damage from Dragon Claw than Draco Meteor. That said, Dragon Claw won't KO much (base defense stats need to be 60/60 for you to have a guaranteed OHKO), so you could go with SpAtk EVs and try for Draco Meteor or Flamethrower (probably Flamethrower; I think you need the coverage more than the power). I wouldn't bother with Fire Blast; you really don't want to be relying on an 85% accuracy move. That's also the reason I advise against Meteor. A 90% accuracy move is okay as a back-up when you don't have anything else that can do the job, but when it's a primary attack, you're kind of asking to lose to a miss. As a contrast, I used High Jump Kick on a Scrafty in Super Multi Battles. It wasn't ideal, but it worked because Scrafty had already used Intimidate and (typically) Fake Out, so even if it died because of a miss (which was rare, thanks to its bulk and Intimidate), it had helped somewhat. In Garchomp's case, if Meteor misses and the opponent gets a KO, Chomp didn't do anything except die. Garchomp also has a 4x weakness to Ice and a 2x weakness to powerful Dragon-type moves that make it a prime target, especially because Ice is such a common type (in contrast to, say, Fairy in Scrafty's case).

You could consider giving reducing Speed EVs and giving it SpAtk EVs to boost Flamethrower (or Draco Meteor or, I guess, Dragon Pulse), but one of its advantages is that it's pretty fast and, on the first turn, can hit with MegaChomp-level power while maintaining the original form's speed. Even with a neutral-Speed nature, it's outspeeding a lot.

For Excadrill, I would use Aerial Ace over Swords Dance. It's kind of a dumb move, but it will hit things like Breloom and Chesnaught (who resist Rock Slide and EQ) and can help against the rare Double Team shenanigans. A few Wide Guard users are Fighting-type too (Machamp, Mienshao, Throh), so it can help there. Other options are Poison Jab and X-Scissor, with X-Scissor probably being the better option for a stronger hit against bulky Psychics. There's Brick Break too, but I don't think it would really help much against anything besides Wide Guard Bastiodon.

I think a lot of this team is how you play it; I wouldn't be married to having Talonflame use Tailwind and Garchomp using Protect on the first turn. In some cases, Garchomp is faster than both opponents, and the combination of Chomp and Talonflame can KO both opposing leads (or can KO the one opposing lead while the other lead is a completely non-threatening Pokemon). It's also good to remember not to MegaEvolve if you Protect on the first turn, since that way you can use Chomp's higher speed AND higher attack when you attack on the next turn (it usually won't make a difference with Tailwind, but it never hurts). I don't know if you were doing that or exactly how you were playing the team, but it's just good to be aware of how you can improve your odds even without changing your team.

Good luck!

I've just started trying out this suicide lead in Super Singles and I have to say I'm enjoying it a lot. Haven't seen anyone else use it either.

Adamant Sharpedo @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 0/252/0/0/4/252

Protect
Waterfall
Crunch
Destiny Bond

Carvanha gets Destiny Bond as an egg move now! I believe this is superior to the Gengar/Froslass Destiny Bond lead because after one speed boost it outspeeds anything that's not scarfed. Behind 120 base attack it hits like a truck as well. The flinch from Waterfall is nice but not usually necessary. Battles move by very quickly, he will usually take out at least their lead and will occasionally sweep the whole team. The only problem is status/residual damage, but this can be mitigated with proper prediction and switching. I'm currently running it front of Mega-Kangaskhan and Sylveon, through 40 battles.

it was a while since I posted last time. I had been using a Tyranitar/MAerodactyl/Excadrill/Rotom-W/Garchomp/Aegislash sandstorm team on Super Triples which ended on a 340 streak last week due to a ice fang miss on a stockpile torterra which then walled my whole team and helped by several threats. Admittedly, it was a risky move trying to ice fang the Torterra since there was also a Scizor with it that could bullet punch my Aerodactyl.There was also a Carracosta that would most likely KO it so I probably should of used protect first.

LMEW-WWWW-WWW4-TUQV (Battle No. 341)

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
EVS: 252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 6 DEF
Adamant Nature
Ability: Sand Stream
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Protect

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
EVS: 6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Jolly Nature
Ability: Pressure (Tough Claws)
-Rock Slide
-Aerial Ace
-Ice Fang
-Protect

Excadrill (M) @ Focus Sash
EVS: 252 ATK/ 6 DEF/ 252 SPE
Adamant Nature
Ability: Sand Rush
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
-Protect

Rotom-W Choice Scarf
EVS 6 HP/ 252 SP.ATK/ 252 SPE
Modest Nature
Ability: Levitate
-Thunderbolt
-Hydro Pump
-Shadow Ball
-Volt Switch

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
EVS: 6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 2532 SPE
Jolly Nature
Ability: Rough Skin
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
EVS: 252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 6 SP.DEF
Brave Nature
Ability: Stance Change
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-Iron Head
-King's Shield

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Damn it, I almost won. If I had Tyranitar use Earthquake instead of Protect, Raikou would have been KO'd. On the upside, it just means I only need to improve on prediction.

Video: 7SBW-WWWW-WWW4-U2PA.

She lead with Suicune and Latios, which was kinda bad since Suicune was packing ice and could take Sand Force-boosted Rock Slides and Earthquakes. Tailwind + Protect was mainly because I noticed Tailwind wasn't taking effect on the first turn based on what I noticed and it also meant Garchomp could survive (even if not for long) to Mega and try doing some damage. Honestly, I was praying for her to lead with something other than Suicune. In hindsight, I was a bit of an Ash Ketchum for not seeing that Talon popping Balloon would mean I could get a free hit with Tyranitar.

Last edited:
hi guys, just completed the maison trophies. Have to say it was quite
a fun time going through the hoops. It definitely is significantly easier
compared to previous gen due to system changes like less evasion users
and critical hits being nerfed etc.
I'll elaborate more on my teams used on next post in the future when I more time.

Some stuff:

http://postimg.org/image/w3cyk36yr/
Singles against Nita QN9G - WWWW-WWW4-U3V2
Singles 100th battle MDEG-WWWW-WWW4-U3UQ
Lost Battle 130 Singles MDEG-WWWW-WWW4-U3UQ

http://postimg.org/image/5c1bz6kub/
Triples 188th 7CTG-WWWW-WWW4-U42P
Triples 200th (starf berry) 47EG-WWWW-WWW4-U44L

Rotation against Chateline ANCW-WWWW-WWW4-U45H

Multi against Chateline EYKW-WWWW-WWW4-U46B

Final Result:

http://postimg.org/image/45sqmn75v/

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner

Finally found some motivation to re-try the Super Multi and clutch the final win (only time I ever lost was in the last game in Super Multi).

My teams:
@ Life Orb
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Extrasensory
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

@ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake

@ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs : 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

@ Kangashkanite
Ability: Early Bird
- Fake Out
- Crunch
- Return
- Earthquake

@ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 HP / 60 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Sleep Talk
- U-Turn

@ Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Guard
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

@ Sitrus Berry
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

@ Kangashkanite
- Fake Out
- Crunch
- Return
- Earthquake

@ Choice Band
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Sleep Talk
- U-Turn

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake

@ Sitrus Berry
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

First Attempt

@ Kangashkanite
- Fake Out
- Crunch
- Return
- Earthquake

@ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Earthquake
- High Jump Kick

Partner (AI): Scarf Braviary + CM Offensive Florges

Second Attempt

@ Kangashkanite
- Fake Out
- Crunch
- Return
- Earthquake

@ Sitrus Berry
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Partner (Friend): CB Talonflame + Mega-Blaziken

Specific team for the final battle

@ Focus Sash
- Extrasensory
- Mat Block
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

@ Sitrus Berry
Ability : Levitate
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Partner (Friend): Mega Blaziken + SD Aegislash

@ Sky Plate
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-Turn

@ Blastoisinite
Natue: Modest
Ability: Torrent
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

@ Focus Sash
- Extrasensory
- Mat Block
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

@ Sitrus Berry
Ability : Levitate
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

@ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Earthquake
- High Jump Kick

@ Choice Band
Ability: Pure Power
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide

If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to "highlight" me by @ing my username!

Note: My streak (on-going) in Super Singles with the team listed is of 110 wins if I recall correctly (may be 120, it's been a while since I played SSingles).

I just beat Super Single Battle number 50.... That was tense. I'm just glad I swapped Mawile for Khan, otherwise Landourus would of destroyed me, it really did come close in the end. Also, I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE Veterans! I'm lucky that I didn't get owned by one.

Battle 25: Tysplosion 3 nearly wrecks me: FYVW-WWWW-WWW4-UVJF
Battle 50: Vs Nita: LSHW-WWWW-WWW4-UVKH
I'm not going for the other trophies anytime soon, I'm just going for the highest streak I can..... When I catch my breath XD

so my team atm for super single

Jumpluff @ nothing (chlorophyll)
152hp 100 atk 252 spd 4 def jolly

sleep powder

acrobatics
leech seed
subsititute
if I get lucky with accuracy this is the only Mon I have to use. I regret giving it so much hp evs though
Infernape @ focus sash (iron fist)
252 spd 126atk 126 sp.atk 4hp hasty
thunder punch
flamethrower
hidden power dark
mach punch
mixed attacker with great coverage that 2hkos most things
Destiny the gallade @ expert belt (steadfast)
252atk 252hp 4sp.def adamant
bulk up
shadow sneak
psycho cut
brick break
Set up sweeper that's pretty decent but I'm considering swapping it out.
advice and help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

I've just started trying out this suicide lead in Super Singles and I have to say I'm enjoying it a lot. Haven't seen anyone else use it either.

Adamant Sharpedo @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 0/252/0/0/4/252

Protect
Waterfall
Crunch
Destiny Bond

Carvanha gets Destiny Bond as an egg move now! I believe this is superior to the Gengar/Froslass Destiny Bond lead because after one speed boost it outspeeds anything that's not scarfed. Behind 120 base attack it hits like a truck as well. The flinch from Waterfall is nice but not usually necessary. Battles move by very quickly, he will usually take out at least their lead and will occasionally sweep the whole team. The only problem is status/residual damage, but this can be mitigated with proper prediction and switching. I'm currently running it front of Mega-Kangaskhan and Sylveon, through 40 battles.
Awesome idea! I remember seeing it got destiny bond and considered making a set like that but I forgot. Oh well.

I'm trying Super Singles again, but my streak ended TWICE to an Aerodactyl who hax'd me to death. The first time, he critted with Rock Slide; the second time, Greninja flinched and couldn't land Ice Beam for the win.

On the bright side, the Porygon-Z that I bred is really, really awesome. So there's that at least.

So, as you may or may not know, I recently got the Super Singles Trophy. Now, I'm going for the other trophies, starting with Doubles. So here's my idea for a team:

I'm still using my Singles Team, but with one new addition.....

Eelektross @ ?
252Att/252SpeAtt/4Speed Levitate
Wild Charge
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Dragon Claw
This will be backup for Garchomp, while he spams Earthquake, he just sits and chills, firing off the occasional Wild Charge for those Flying types, this is pretty experimental (that's why there's not hold item), but I feel this will be a great addition to my team. (And if that fails, bring back Hydreigon XD)
Edit: I'm changing Garchomps item from Lum Berry to Choice Band, Eelektross is being replaced by Air Baloon Infernape, a little risky, but should pay off (again, I'm only using Hydreigon if all else fails, having 2 Dragon types isn't a good idea)

Last edited:
I've been trying to breed a Jolly Garchomp, but I'm not very good at breeding and only got a quad-flawless Chomp before losing patience. Right now, I have a 31/31/31/X/31/29 Chomp and a 31/31/31/X/14/31 Chomp. Is being guaranteed to outspeed the genies worth the bad special defense, or should I just bite the bullet and go for pentaflawless?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)