Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I've been trying to breed a Jolly Garchomp, but I'm not very good at breeding and only got a quad-flawless Chomp before losing patience. Right now, I have a 31/31/31/X/31/29 Chomp and a 31/31/31/X/14/31 Chomp. Is being guaranteed to outspeed the genies worth the bad special defense, or should I just bite the bullet and go for pentaflawless?
Go for penta, the time you used for calculating IV's should be used for hatching moar eggs :P

I've been trying to breed a Jolly Garchomp, but I'm not very good at breeding and only got a quad-flawless Chomp before losing patience. Right now, I have a 31/31/31/X/31/29 Chomp and a 31/31/31/X/14/31 Chomp. Is being guaranteed to outspeed the genies worth the bad special defense, or should I just bite the bullet and go for pentaflawless?
For the Genies, I wouldn't reccomend Garchomp, because despite his natural speed due to Jolly, he'll STILL get outspend by Landorus due to Choice Scarf, and mines Jolly with 31Speed, so I'd go for the first one, it's only 2 off anyway, I'd take it. Oh, and if you want to take down the Genies easily, Ice Beam Greninja will take care of Thunderus and Tornadus, Landorus will Earth Power(?) Greninja to death, then you bring in something else, preferably with Ice Shard. GL out there. ;)

For the Genies, I wouldn't reccomend Garchomp, because despite his natural speed due to Jolly, he'll STILL get outspend by Landorus due to Choice Scarf, and mines Jolly with 31Speed, so I'd go for the first one, it's only 2 off anyway, I'd take it. Oh, and if you want to take down the Genies easily, Ice Beam Greninja will take care of Thunderus and Tornadus, Landorus will Earth Power(?) Greninja to death, then you bring in something else, preferably with Ice Shard. GL out there. ;)
OR just give scarf to Greninja, ice beam, GG

OR just give scarf to Greninja, ice beam, GG
I just slapped Life Orb on Greninja so, I guess that could work, but without the raw killing power, Thunderus and Tornadus may be able to screw Greninja.... I'll run a Mock Battle later to see what happens ;)
Edit: Yeah, you're right, besides Tornadus who has the berry that reduces damage, they all get 1HKOed by Greninjas Ice Beam, and even on that turn, Tornadus can't really screw you unless you get really unlucky, so... I'll concede Fierza, you're right.

Last edited:
I just slapped Life Orb on Greninja so, I guess that could work, but without the raw killing power, Thunderus and Tornadus may be able to screw Greninja.... I'll run a Mock Battle later to see what happens ;)
Edit: Yeah, you're right, besides Tornadus who has the berry that reduces damage, they all get 1HKOed by Greninjas Ice Beam, and even on that turn, Tornadus can't really screw you unless you get really unlucky, so... I'll concede Fierza, you're right.
So basicly, atleast if Tornadus is last, you will win over her with scarfed Greninja Ice Beam :P

So basicly, atleast if Tornadus is last, you will win over her with scarfed Greninja Ice Beam :P
But only for that battle, after that, it's back to the Life Orb :3
Speaking of, I'm on battle 70 odd. So I should be able to keep a good streak going. Wish me luck! ;)
Edit: Streak ended at 86 due to Hawlucha 4 having Unburden, which ISN'T what you went when he starts spamming Flying Press like he's Choice Scarfed, them I got High Jump Kicked to death by a f**king Medicham.... Because Veterans are too easy apparently (They Are)

Last edited:
Just started toying with Pokémon again this gen after several years off. Battle Maison is where I'm setting up camp, have bred several flawless Pokémon to get things rolling and am looking for suggestions in the team as it stands right now:

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty - Protean
6 ATK / 252 SP ATK / 252 SPD
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Extrasensory
-U-Turn

Dragonite @ Persim Berry (wasted my only Lum accidentally, doh!)
Adamant - Multiscale
6 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Roost (Fire Punch?)

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest - Overgrow (Thick Fat)
252 HP / 252 SP ATK / 6 SP DEF
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder
-Synthesis

I've made it to 40 with this team without having too many close calls, but I'm still relearning certain movesets and such, learning when to sack Greninja for damage and when to swap, getting my feet wet again so to speak. The number of battles that have been REALLY easy leads me to believe I can get further with this team but I'm not sure how/what to change. Have thought about Sub on Draonite, thought about Fire Punch over Roost, thought about Leech Seed over Synthesis/Sleep Powder on Venusaur, thought about a Dark move on Greninja, Grass Knot on Greninja, just unsure of where I could really improve the most. I can bring Leftovers in on Dragonite or Weakness Policy. MegaSaur is amazing though and I love using him, would prefer suggestions that don't sack him or point out a glaring weakness that couldn't be overcome by swapping one of the other two first.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: If it helps any, I'm playing Pokémon Y, and I have Modest Blastoise, Modest Charizard, Careful Dragon Dance Tyranitar, Adamant Haxorus, Adamant Kangaskhan, Impish Immunity Gligar (need to train), and a Timid Froakie (also needs training, not particularly Maison friendly, with Toxic Spikes). All Pokémon have flawless IVs save attacking stats not being used (Greninja is hex-flawless using both attack stats)

Last edited:

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Dragonite @ Persim Berry (wasted my only Lum accidentally, doh!)
Adamant - Multiscale
6 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Roost (Fire Punch?)
The Lum Berry tree is on Route 16 if you want another one (it generates once a week). I would recommend using Lum Berry personally; Lum Berry + Multiscale guarantees a Dragon Dance on almost everything, and it also recovers the Confusion from Outrage should you get a 2-turn one (Persim obviously does the same but won't stop anything else). It's useful in pretty much every battle you'll have with Dragonite. Weakness Policy just seems too situational and most of the time 1 Dragon Dance is all you need to sweep anyway. Leftovers could work but it tends to work better on crippling teams where you can reactivate Multiscale more reliably. Maybe just try both and see which you prefer, but I've always found Lum Berry is more useful for straight out offense teams.

Outrage and Earthquake have good coverage together, but keep in mind that if you rely only on Outrage + Earthquake as your offense on Dragonite, Togekiss will wall you completely as it's immune to both now. In fact, if Greninja is dead and Togekiss comes out your streak will likely be over (I'm not sure if Venusaur would be able to beat it one-on-one). Having at least something to hit it on Dragonite might be more helpful than Roost (which, like Leftovers, is useful but tends to work better on crippling teams).

Regarding Greninja, I'd say U-turn is the most expendable move, although switching out while breaking Sturdy/Focus Sash is always helpful. Grass Knot is mostly useful for Water-types, but if you're using Mega Venusaur with Thick Fat and Dragonite with Multiscale you might be able to cope without it. Dark Pulse might be more useful just because Venusaur is weak to Psychic and Dark Pulse would make Psychics/Hex Maniacs easier to deal with.

I've never used Venusaur but if I were trying to fit Leech Seed on it I'd probably remove Sleep Powder just because I don't find Sleep that reliable, especially when Pokemon you hit with it can wake up and attack after one turn (which means you gained nothing from putting them to sleep). It could go over Synthesis though since Leech Seed can cover recovery to an extent. It's up to you.

It's probably best to just try out everything you can and see what works best for you. It also depends on how far you want to go; if you're just trying to get the 50 wins then there's no reason why the current set-up you have now wouldn't work, but if you want to go further then you may need to make adjustments.

Just started toying with Pokémon again this gen after several years off. Battle Maison is where I'm setting up camp, have bred several flawless Pokémon to get things rolling and am looking for suggestions in the team as it stands right now:

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty - Protean
6 ATK / 252 SP ATK / 252 SPD
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Extrasensory
-U-Turn

EDIT: If it helps any, I'm playing Pokémon Y, and I have Modest Blastoise, Modest Charizard, Careful Dragon Dance Tyranitar, Adamant Haxorus, Adamant Kangaskhan, Impish Immunity Gligar (need to train), and a Timid Froakie (also needs training, not particularly Maison friendly, with Toxic Spikes). All Pokémon have flawless IVs save attacking stats not being used (Greninja is hex-flawless using both attack stats)
V
I'd personally reccomend Dark Pulse and Grass Knot, but you have Grass covered, and as for the Toxic Spikes Froakie, you can just get rid of the egg move like any other move, and since it has the best nature for Greninja, part of me thinks you should raise that because while Greninja may be fragile, he can still take a decent hit as long as he has a decent nature.
As for other options, Mega Kangaskhan.... Tears things up, so you have that to fall back on, the others I have no idea on (this is my first Pokemon in a while too) Dragon-Wise, you're already covered with Dragonite. Like what Atsync said, experiment, who knows? You could find the next broken strategy. Good luck out there! ;)

Well, I'm going to be taking on Super Doubles, and I think I found my 4th member!

Thumdurus @ (undecided)
252 SpAtt/252Speed/6SpeDefense Prankster
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
The plan is, send out Thundurus and Garchomp. Garchomp SDs while Thundurus Thunder Waves the biggest threat. And then proceed to sweep with Earthquake. Sadly this isn't Defiant...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm going to be taking on Super Doubles, and I think I found my 4th member!

Thumdurus @ (undecided)
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
The plan is, send out Thundurus and Garchomp. Garchomp SDs while Thundurus Thunder Waves the biggest threat. And then proceed to sweep with Earthquake. Sadly this isn't Defiant...
Can Thundurus learn Discharge? If so, you could form a DisQuake combo for stuff you may hit. Only thing I see is that you will be weak against ice type moves,

Can Thundurus learn Discharge? If so, you could form a DisQuake combo for stuff you may hit. Only thing I see is that you will be weak against ice type moves,
He does, and for the Ice types, I'll pack Focus Miss, because I already have Dark Pulse on Greninja (because screw training more Pokemon, I'll use my Singles team XD)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Thumdurus @ (undecided)
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Thundurus does learn Discharge and unless you're running a rain team it should 100% replace Thunder.

He does, and for the Ice types, I'll pack Focus Miss, because I already have Dark Pulse on Greninja (because screw training more Pokemon, I'll use my Singles team XD)
Don't use Focus Blast, he can learn Flash Cannon which kills ice types, also fairies which threaten Garchomp, also rock types..

Thundurus does learn Discharge and unless you're running a rain team it should 100% replace Thunder.

Don't use Focus Blast, he can learn Flash Cannon which kills ice types, also fairies which threaten Garchomp, also rock types..
And this is why I announced my 4th member BEFORE training it, having a second Steel type move wouldn't be a bad idea (Mega Mawile Iron Head is the first, but I'm considering replacing her with Infernape...)

Finally

Single Team - (Mega)Mawile, Azumaril, Hydregon
Double Team - (Mega)Charizard, Garchomp, Typhosion, Venusaur
Triple Team - (Mega)Charizard, Garchomp, Hitmontop, Typhosion, Greninja, Aegislash
Rotation Team - (Mega)Khanganshan, Aegislash, Florges, Talonflame
Multi Team(with AI) - (Mega)Charizard, Garchomp, Thunderus, Typhosion

Multi Replay - 6REW-WWWW-WWW5-WWLA

I don't know why AI Spam Free Fall on those genies instead Mageeter

Last edited:
Finally

Single Team - (Mega)Mawile, Azumaril, Hydregon
Double Team - (Mega)Charizard, Garchomp, Typhosion, Venusaur
Triple Team - (Mega)Charizard, Garchomp, Hitmontop, Typhosion, Greninja, Aegislash
Rotation Team - (Mega)Khanganshan, Aegislash, Florges, Talonflame
Multi Team(with AI) - (Mega)Charizard, Garchomp, Thunderus, Typhosion

Multi Replay - 6REW-WWWW-WWW5-WWLA

I don't know why AI Spam Free Fall on those genies instead Mageeter
Congrats on 5 trophies! :D

Hope this is right for a first post.

Welp two super single streaks cut short, although not great.

Lost at 42... to Weakness Policy Carracosta.

Kangaskhan-mega, Adamant 252HP/252Atk/4Def Sucker Punch/EQ/P-u-P/Double-Edge
CB Talonflame, Adamant, 4HP/252Atk/252Spe Steel Wing/Brave Bird/Flare Blitz/U-turn
CScarf Staraptor, Adamant, 4HP/252Atk/252Spe CC/BB/U-turn/Double-Edge

Time before that ended at 38 to... Weakness Policy Carracosta except Staraptor was exchanged for Aegislash.
CSpecs Aegislash, Quiet, 252HP/4Def/252Spatk HPice/Flash Cannon/Shadow Ball/Head Smash.

Going to probably need to come up with something for the third slot that deals with both Armaldo and Carracosta since those seem to have been my biggest problems so far.

Maison makes me hate Carracosta.

Does anyone know when the AI switches? I'm wondering if a Curse Gengar strategy could work in rotation.

Last edited:
I had an Entrainment team, but it didn't work.
My lead was Durant and a Scrafty fakes me out. And then I lost the battle. Only the 12th...

;_;

Last edited:

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
My lead was Durant and a Scrafty fakes me out. And then I lost the battle. Only the 12th...

;_;
That's pretty much why I stopped using Tru-Ant. If it gets disrupted from getting off Entrainment, the fight becomes a lot more obnoxious and that's before accounting the idea of switching it out and giving the AI a free turn.

Thanks for the input helpers, I was thinking Leech Seed would be nice to help with Double Teamers that my team probably doesn't like though I haven't fought any yet... I also do want to throw Fire Punch or something on Dragonite for more coverage I need more Heart Scales first but I will probably make that happen. U-Turn has been amazing and is definitely staying. Will continue to toy with things and see how it goes, no real answer for Rock types is a bit of a pain, but I guess I can't cover everything with 3 Pokemon no matter what. Will continue fighting and breeding as I go, adding things like Gengar, Scizor, Aegislash, Lucario, Goodra, Azumarill, Garchomp, Snorlax, Ampharos, etc...

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

;_;
That's pretty much why I stopped using Tru-Ant. If it gets disrupted from getting off Entrainment, the fight becomes a lot more obnoxious and that's before accounting the idea of switching it out and giving the AI a free turn.
Tru-ant only really worked last gen because of Whimsicott. With a combination of Taunt, Encore, Knock Off and Memento it pretty much guaranteed you could get Durant in and use Entrainment safely. Then it was just up to your sweeper to win for you. So unless you have access to pokebank then you're stuck with lead Durant instead. If you're doing it this way you really need to be playing with the maison AI moveset spreadsheet (think it's in the OP) in front of you so you can determine whether you're going to be able to get Entrainment off, or should switch out. This is where you're third 'mon becomes important. It should be able to survive on it's own and not rely on truant to work. It should also be a good back-up incase your main sweeper goes down. I'd probably go with Durant>Dragonite>Kanga but there's probably heaps better set ups...

tl;dr get a Whimsicott

I have decided, I'm getting rid of Mawile. Her replacement? Lucario

Lucario @ Lucarionite
252Att/252Speed/6Defense Jolly
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
ExtremeSpeed

Or as I like to call it: Mega Mawile 2.0. Less raw killing power, but can take out a lot more. This set is a direct copy/paste off of his normal set, but is that a bad thing? (Being a absolute pain to breed not included). So he's the replacement for Mega Mawile, this might be fun :3

Yes finally maison is done. Thanks Haunter for the multi support character. Sadly (just like singles) I forgot to save the battle video again in my excitement -.-"

EDIT:
Singles: Cannot remember (that was a few months ago, I know I had Mega Kanga that's all)

Doubles:
Jolly Garchomp (Yache Berry) - Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Iron Head, Rock Slide
Bold Togekiss (Sitrus Berry) - Air Slash, Thunder Wave, Dazzling Gleam, Follow Me
Jolly M-Kanga - Power-Up Punch, Return, Crunch, Sucker Punch
Adamant Azumarill (Lum Berry) - Play Rough, Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, Superpower
For the 50th battle, I swapped out Togekiss for Focus Sash Timid Gengar (Sludge Bomb, Destiny Bond, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball) and gave Azumarill Sitrus Berry instead. Also swapped my leads to M-Kanga and Gengar.

Triples:
Leads are Togekiss (with Sitrus), Jolly Chomp and Gengar (with Focus Blast instead of Thunderbolt)
Backups are Azumarill (with Lum), Volcarona (see next line) and M-Kanga
Timid Volcarona (Leftovers) - Hurricane, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Heat Wave

Rotation:
M-Kanga, Azumarill (with Lum), Hasty Chain Chomp (Yache, Earthquake, Draco Meteor, Rock Slide, Swords Dance), backup Volcarona

Multi: Jolly Garchomp (Yache Berry) - Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Iron Head, Rock Slide
M-Kanga (exactly the same as above runs)
AI partner: Haunter's AI support character (somewhere in this thread)

test.jpg

Last edited:
Yes finally maison is done. Thanks Haunter for the multi support character. Sadly (just like singles) I forgot to save the battle video again in my excitement -.-"
Gratz on the Multi Victory! Out of my (full) Friends List, the best partner I had was someone with Scizor and Zapdos, so I found my Multi partner! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)