3rd team... Getting better!!! Please Rate

</p>Hey everyone!!! It's me again with yet another RMT thread. I got a pretty good response on the second thread and decided to make an entirely new team. I've used pokemon from all generations so I have more choices this time. But once again, I haven't used any legendaries. So anyway, this is me.

ABOUT ME AND MY TEAM

</p>I'm a regular 15 year old who really likes to play games competitively. I've recently started with pokemon white and realised that a lot more features have been introduced in the game since the red version(which I had played earlier), making it rather interesting. I battle regularly with human opponents, but am yet to start competitive battling. Waiting for the right team I guess.

</p> I'm not a fan of legendary pokemon as their power allows them to beat the other pokemon with relative ease, but I don't mind battling against them. So my team does not have any legendary pokemon in it, but I'm trying to make it strong enough to take on anything that is thrown at it.

N.B.: The pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses, etc. are all based on my own judgements and I hope to get some feedback on the same.

MY TEAM

</p>My team consists of a mix of attacking, defensive as well as support pokemon from all generations so as to maintain a balance which allows them to fare better as a team using their own individual skills and profiting from those of their team-mates. I've tried to cover as many types as possible and also taken the conditions normally seen in gameplay such as weather conditions, effects of abilities, etc. into consideration. So without further delay, I present to you all, MY TEAM!!!

Umbreon@Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Careful(+SDef, -SAtk)
EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Def
Moves: -Taunt
-Curse
-Wish
-Baton Pass

Purpose of set

</p>EVs increase bulk and defenses to allow umbreon to take hits. Careful nature increases SDef by 10% while leftovers recover HP to increase longevity. Synchronize is for status inducers. Moveset is basically support based and baton pass is the essence of this set allowing umbreon to help team-mates regain health with wish as well as set-up with curse. Taunt is for opponents that try to set up on it or cripple it with taunt or any other status moves and also to stop entry hazards.

Role in the team

</p>Umbreon is just on this team as a support pokemon and does not inflict any damage or status. Curse boosts provided by umbreon to pokemon via baton pass make my other pokemon, especially those with powerful priority moves rather dangerous. It can also heal mates and itself with wish so it's a great move for a supporting Umbreon. Umbreon also taunts opponents making life a lot easier for itself and the team as well.

Strengths

• A true wall with excellent defensive capabilities
  • Does pretty well against stall
  • Is an excellent baton passer

Weaknesses

• Has a 2x weakness to fighting and bug moves
  • Has no way of recovering from status problems if it isn't holding lum berry
  • Faster stallers can taunt it and force it out

Milotic@Petaya berry
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Calm(+SDef, -Atk)
EV Spread: 252 HP / 176 Def / 72 SDef / 10 Spe
Moves: -Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Surf
-Hidden Power(Fire)

Purpose of set

</p>EV Spread and nature makes milotic very bulky and along with marvel scale has excellent overall bulk. Petaya berry allows it to raise its SAtk by 50% when health is in red. It can then rest and recover health and still have the SAtk boost so it can hit harder. Resttalk is the best way to go with milotic because rest activates marvel scale. Surf is the STAB attack option while HP(Fire) is for coverage as well as for major threats like scizor, forretress, ferrothorn, skarmory etc.

Role in the team

</p>Mainly functions as a wall and hits pretty hard with its decent special attack stat and STAB Surf. Also helps counter some major threats with HP(fire).

Strengths

• Has a lot of bulk and a pretty good SAtk stat
  • Can handle status really well
  • Deals with both physical and special sweepers efficiently

Weaknesses

• Has 2x weakness to electric and grass moves
  • Resttalk is pretty unreliable as a set

Hitmontop@Lum berry
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant(+Atk, -SAtk)
EV Spread: 252 Atk / 186 Def / 72 SDef
Moves: -Sucker Punch
-Mach Punch
-Rapid Spin
-Stone Edge

Purpose of set

</p>It's basically a combination of the priority sweeper and rapid spinner set with EVs invested in Atk instead of HP with adamant nature to boost the same. Lum berry allows hitmontop to handle status from will-o-wisp users. It also allows him to come in on even two layers of toxic spikes and then just spin them away. Mach punch with technician becomes 90 BP with STAB while sucker punch is for psychic types and offensive ghosts like chandelure. Some ghost types avoid sucker punch by just using status moves. Stone Edge replaces foresight as my team lacks rock type moves, which could potentially hurt my team, although the pokemon that will be countered with it(Tornadus/Thundurus) are more than capable of killing top with S.E. attacks. Besides, with ferrothron's entrance and dragonite's exit, I don't really have to worry too much about spin-blockers and just spin when I get the chance(Foresight wasn't really a good idea in the first place given top's crappy speed and weakness to psychic attacks, and although I could get stalled by defensive ghosts, it's not as bad as being swept by thundurus/tornadus). I just hope top can survive that first attack for the sake of my team.

Role in the team

</p>Hitmontop is just so good at everything it does, be it spinning, using priority attacks or coming in on the curse boosts of umbreon and ripping teams apart. That aside, it adds valuable coverage against ice and steel types with mach punch and also has an excellent priority dark move in sucker punch to hit those annoying psychic and ghost types, reuniclus being the most annoying.

Strengths

• Diverse movepool and excellent priority attacks
  • Great stat distribution that allows it to do lots of important things for the team
  • Technician powers up mach punch giving it 90 BP with STAB
Weaknesses

• Has 2x weakness to flying and psychic type moves
  • Has a pretty low base HP and doesn't last too long
  • Struggles against faster priority users

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Ability:Iron Barbs
Nature:Careful(+SDef, -SAtk)
EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Def
Moves: -Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Protect

Purpose of set

</p>Mixed wall set when combined with Umbreon's curse support with high Sdef and defense and maximised HP. Not running a -spe nature that standard ferro run because of the absence of gyro ball. Stealth rock for setting hazards(needed atleast one)and leech seed for obvious reasons. I chose Power whip over gyro ball simply because I was missing a STAB grass move(Also the reason for not running a -spe nature. Protect is for scouting and also getting free heals from leech seed.

Role in the team

</p>After many speculations and because my dragonite strategy was in doubt, I thought it be best to replace nite and not any of my other pokemon for the simple reason that this guy does exactly what nite was supposed to do(check axeface and bulky waters; but it doesn't check gyarados though, oh well). Apart from that, this guy can stall teams to death with leech seed+protect and also lets me set up stealth rock in exchange for the priority that dragonite gave me(I'm not giving up yet; this may only be temporary... lol... There I go again). Utilises curse better than dragonite and can still wall even if umbreon fails so I guess it's a pretty good deal.

Strengths

• Walls both physical and special attacks efficiently
  • Can use curse boosts and hit really hard
  • Resists a lot of types so it can take a lot of hits
  • Has immunity to toxic as well as leech seed
  • Can set up entry hazards
  • Works as a fine dragon resistance and clobbers threats like gastrodon, quagsire, swampert which could potentially hurt my team

Weaknesses

• Has 4x weakness to fire and 2x to fighting
  • Has no means of recovery other than leech seed(grass types laugh at this), leftovers(Trick users exist), and wish support from umbreon(Not a certainty by any means)

Staraptor@Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Nature: Adamant(+Atk, -SAtk)
EV Spread: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Moves: -Brave Bird
-Return
-Close Combat
-U turn

Purpose of set

</p>A simple 252/252/6 in Attack, Speed and HP along with Adamant nature, reckless and choice band turn staraptor into an all out physical sweeper that will take out anything that doesn't outspeed it. I say that because of its STAB brave bird which hits an amazing 180 base power with STAB and coming off 560+ Atk with Choice band and also the boost provided by reckless ability means that anything that doesn't resist brave bird or hasn't increased its defense will get OHKO'd. Close combat is for rock as well as steel types while return, which hits over 150 base power with STAB is for the frail attackers that don't need the use of brave bird to be KO'd.

Role in the team

</p>Its main role in the team is that of a reliable CB physical sweeper with STAB brave bird doing the job most of the time. It also helps provide cover to umbreon by switching in on both fighting and bug types and resisting their moves, then knocking them out with brave bird which hits both for S.E. damage.

Strengths

• Has excellent attack and decent speed and is built to sweep
  • STAB brave bird boosted by reckless is amazingly powerful
  • Can counter bug and fighting types pretty well

Weaknesses

• Has 2x weakness to rock, electric and ice type moves
  • Doesn't last very long
  • Gets outsped by some common counters like electivire, froslass to name a few
  • Goes down to priority ice shard from powerful physical attackers like mamoswine
  • Choice band limits its coverage and forces it to switch out

Espeon@Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Modest(+SAtk, -Atk)
EV Spread: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 6 SDef
Moves: -Psychic
-Shadow ball
-Hidden Power(Fighting)
-Calm mind

Purpose of set

</p>A standard special sweeper espeon set increasing its SAtk and Spe to allow it to function as a sweeper by being fast and also dealing more damage. Modest nature ensures the same by boosting SAtk and life orb makes it hit harder. Magic bounce is a great ability that reflects status changing moves making espeon a very frustrating pokemon for stallers and hazard users to deal with. Psychic has good power with STAB and Shadow ball and HP(fighting) give it perfect coverage. Calm mind is to further boost SAtk and also SDef so it can handle hits better from the special side.

Role in the team

</p>Aside from being a special sweeper, espeon also helps counter status abusers by reflecting their moves. Provides great support to the team in this respect that some late game hazard users and stallers can be dealt with while still managing to sweep the opponents away.

Strengths

• Is built to sweep with excellent speed and special attack stats
  • Has access to calm mind making espeon all the more dangerous
  • Magic bounce helps counter various status abusers giving the team much needed support

Weaknesses

• Has 2x weakness to dark, ghost and bug type moves
  • Despite a good speed stat, gets outsped by some threats like accelgor and gets KO'd by its bug buzz
  • Is still exposed to secondary effects of moves that induce status

KEY FEATURES OF THE TEAM(according to my analysis)

</p>After constantly tyring out the team under different conditions and battling with various opponents, I've come up with some key PROS and CONS that my team has.

PROS

• A well balanced team with most types covered
  • Has a mix of physical based and special based attackers to give versatility
  • Has decent amount of weather coverage
  • Contains a mix of offensive, defensive and balance pokemon
  • Each pokemon offers some form of support to the others
  • Can also work if opponent sets up trick room due to presence of some slow movers and curse umbreon with baton pass on the team

CONS

• Although a lot of types are covered, Some types are still not being hit for S.E. damage, most notably electric types
  • I don't have an entry hazard user on my team
  • Umbreon is too important, and if he fails to do his job, my entire team could fall apart
  • I don't have pokemon that hit dragon types for S.E. damage

Conclusion

</p>I feel swords dance scizor/excadrill can pose a serious threat to my team as umbreon cannot take the risk of taunting it. If it does and gets KO'd in the process, dragonite loses its set-up and my entire team loses its healer. Other notable threats include other hard hitting bug types like volcarona, heracross; powerful fighting types like machamp, conkeldurr, etc. But I also have counters for these pokemon and can safely say that every member of team provides cover to the others in some way or the other.

</p>So that pretty much sums up my analysis of the team and all in all, I'm pretty happy with the way it is right now. But I would really appreciate an outsider's opinion, because every person tends to overlook his/her own shortcomings. I can't help it, I'm human after all.

This is my strategy for the team to work properly. The pokemon, its role and its duties are given below.

Pokemon:Umbreon
Role:Lead
Duties:Curse,Wish and taunt(for walls/stallers/set-up sweepers) then baton pass to Ferrothorn/Hitmontop/Staraptor(only against trick room teams)

Pokemon:Ferrothorn
Role:Mixed wall|Staller|Physical attacker(with curse support of course)
Duties:Wall out physical/special threats|Come in on curse and whoopass|Give coverage against bulky waters|Check threats like SD Excadrill/Chlorophyll Venusaur|Add entry hazard support to the team

Pokemon:Hitmontop
Role:Priority Physical Attacker/Sweeper|Rapid Spinner|Revenge killer
Duties:Use priority attacks to hit hard/sweep(when coming in on curse)|Spin away hazards|Revenge kill set-up sweepers(especially physical) with priority moves

Pokemon:Staraptor
Role:Physical Sweeper|Counter
Duties:Sweep with CB boosted attack and reckless boosted STAB brave bird|Switch-in on bug/fighting types that force umbreon out and kill with S.E. moves

Pokemon:Milotic
Role:Wall|Specially based attacker
Duties:Resttalk foes into submission|Switch-in on many types(except for grass/electric)|Counter major threats like scizor/ferrothorn with HP(fire)|Hit hard with petaya berry boosted SAtk and STAB surf

Pokemon:Espeon
Role:Special Sweeper|Set-up Sweeper|Counter
Duties:Use STAB psychic boosted by life orb to hit hard|Set-up with calm mind when given the chance to sweep efficiently|Counter status abusers with magic bounce and set-up on them

Well, that's a summary of my strategy. I have listed some of the things that I'm hoping to get from you guys and would really appreciate the extra effort.

1)Major threats for the team with counters that fit well on the team, i.e. those that do not force a strategy change
2)How to incorporate a counter to dragon types while retaining the team as it is
3)Any tweaks that need to be made to movesets, Natures, EV Spreads, etc. of the pokemon on the team
4)In-case of major flaws in the structure of the team, help sort out the same
5)Any additional information that I need to know about for future teams
6)Whether I can use such a team for competitive battling or not

Ok. That's all. Please rate the team and try to fit in the additional tips that I've asked for in your responses.

The dragonite you have has no attack EV nor speed EV at all.
This will result in beeing outsped by alot of rather slow sweepers.
Also this will mean that you will not be ko'ing everything you think you will. (for example , your thunderpunch will do not even 1/3th to a skarmory)
I suggest giving him leftovers/lumberry and then make him a bulky dragon dancer.
(in other words : Dragon Dance , Roost , Dragon Claw/outrage , Fire Punch/Brick Break)

Also , thinking about your strategy , its ok but , what will make you sure to set up ?
To change this , you can replace taunt with mean look. This way you can succesfully set up if you manage to trap a pokemon that cant hurt (or atleast cant kill) umbreon . Then after a baton pass , they still cant switch , so you can pass to whichever of your pokemons to kill that one off allready.
Correct me if i took your strategy wrong tho.

Other then that the team looks ok but as you said yourself , no dragon counters , and you would like SR , to get this , you could add a ferrothorn.
Something like :
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Hp , 252 Defence , 4 Sp.Def
Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip/Protect

Why this set ? HE makes an excelent receiver of the curse baton pass. Making him slower -> gyro ball stronger. Making his attack higher -> Gyro ball even stronger.
Unless they come at you with something that resists gyro ball + shoots fire to kill you off (in a specially defensive way) can end that.

The dragonite you have has no attack EV nor speed EV at all.
This will result in beeing outsped by alot of rather slow sweepers.
Also this will mean that you will not be ko'ing everything you think you will. (for example , your thunderpunch will do not even 1/3th to a skarmory)
I suggest giving him leftovers/lumberry and then make him a bulky dragon dancer.
(in other words : Dragon Dance , Roost , Dragon Claw/outrage , Fire Punch/Brick Break)

Also , thinking about your strategy , its ok but , what will make you sure to set up ?
To change this , you can replace taunt with mean look. This way you can succesfully set up if you manage to trap a pokemon that cant hurt (or atleast cant kill) umbreon . Then after a baton pass , they still cant switch , so you can pass to whichever of your pokemons to kill that one off allready.
Correct me if i took your strategy wrong tho.

Other then that the team looks ok but as you said yourself , no dragon counters , and you would like SR , to get this , you could add a ferrothorn.
Something like :
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Hp , 252 Defence , 4 Sp.Def
Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip/Protect

Why this set ? HE makes an excelent receiver of the curse baton pass. Making him slower -> gyro ball stronger. Making his attack higher -> Gyro ball even stronger.
Unless they come at you with something that resists gyro ball + shoots fire to kill you off (in a specially defensive way) can end that.
I realise what you say about dragonite is true. But as mentioned in the post, I didn't want a DD set for the very reason that it gets outsped by many pokemon who can OHKO it with an ice move. Besides, I wanted to use nite as a wall cum sweeper after the curse boosts from umbreon get baton passed and priority extremespeed does the job for me. But I realise that I could use Dragon dance over aqua tail(i already have milotic for heatran and also Skarmory).
Now to Umbreon. How do I counter pokemon that could use umbreon as set-up bait? I wanted to use mean look on the set too but then I'd have to replace one of its moves, which is not possible as it upsets the dragonite strategy. I know I won't be able to set-up everytime but I feel Umbreon is better at baton passing curse than dragonite is at dragon dancing. By the way, which pokemon do you feel should make way for ferrothorn?

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would suggest building your team to cover threats, and donèt worry about typing unless you have something stupid like 3 fire weaks but no fire resists or something.

First of all, weather of all forms is a threat to your team. With the gigantic number of fighting types in OU, Umbreon quite frankly blows. I suggest replacing it with a Bronzong.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Sassy
252 Hp/ 84 Atk/ 80 Def/ 92 SpD/ 2 Speed IVs
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Hidden Power Ice
Stealth Rock

Why are you running DD+Thunderpunch/ Extremespeed? This has next to no coverage whatsoever. I agree with Soulfly about using the standard DD Nite. It also gives you your rain and sun check as well.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multi Scale
Adamant
252 Hp/ 44 Atk/ 212 Spe
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Roost

I would say replace staraptor or hitmontop.
One way i would say , keep hitmontop because dragonite is weak to stealthrocks.
Other way i would say , you NEED to baton pass curses , so it doesnt matter much as you cant switch to hitmontop to spin , as this would make you loose the curses.

Another thing i would like to say about dragonite:
As long as multiscale is intact only a kyurems blizzard can OHKO it . Defenatly with a bulky set as yours.
So the odds are you can defenatly get off 1-2 dragon dances.
IF you add ferrothorn i would make him receiver of the curses , and make dragonite a totally self boosted with dragon dance and roost to maintain your multiscale.

Once Hitmontop is down, you're hugely weak to SD Excadrill.

You should have Dragon Claw/Outrage over Thunderpunch on Dragonite.

Milotic prefers leftovers. Hitmontop prefers Life Orb, in my opinion.

I would say replace staraptor or hitmontop.
One way i would say , keep hitmontop because dragonite is weak to stealthrocks.
Other way i would say , you NEED to baton pass curses , so it doesnt matter much as you cant switch to hitmontop to spin , as this would make you loose the curses.

Another thing i would like to say about dragonite:
As long as multiscale is intact only a kyurems blizzard can OHKO it . Defenatly with a bulky set as yours.
So the odds are you can defenatly get off 1-2 dragon dances.
IF you add ferrothorn i would make him receiver of the curses , and make dragonite a totally self boosted with dragon dance and roost to maintain your multiscale.
Hitmontop coming in on curse is also part of the strategy. So it doesn't matter if stealth rock is up. I'll baton pass to hitmontop instead of dragonite. He can spin and has priority technician boosted mach punch for inflicting severe damage after curse boosts. I know what you're saying about dragonite is true. Sorry, I didn't take multiscale into account when I said OHKO. But what about priority Ice shard that can finish it off even before it gets a chance to attack or roost after dragon dancing? I know it makes more sense to use the standard set, but I so want to use nite as a wall cum sweeper. It's been working pretty well so far, though I don't know whether it will work in OU. I'm so confused!!!

Once Hitmontop is down, you're hugely weak to SD Excadrill.

You should have Dragon Claw/Outrage over Thunderpunch on Dragonite.

Milotic prefers leftovers. Hitmontop prefers Life Orb, in my opinion.
Hopefully Staraptor can take it out with close combat or espeon with HP(fighting) or milotic with surf or HP fire(I prefer surf though but it's resttalk so can't be certain). What do you suggest? I'm changing the dragonite set and going with the one suggested by soulfly but not before trying this set in OU. Not a fan of outrage though. Confusion usually messes things up. Top needs to come in on toxic spikes and spin away safely without taking the status. That's the only reason for the lum berry. Milotic is running a resttalk set. So I thought the added SAtk could come in handy. Anyway, thanks. I'll try out your suggestions.

I would suggest building your team to cover threats, and donèt worry about typing unless you have something stupid like 3 fire weaks but no fire resists or something.

First of all, weather of all forms is a threat to your team. With the gigantic number of fighting types in OU, Umbreon quite frankly blows. I suggest replacing it with a Bronzong.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Sassy
252 Hp/ 84 Atk/ 80 Def/ 92 SpD/ 2 Speed IVs
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Hidden Power Ice
Stealth Rock

Why are you running DD+Thunderpunch/ Extremespeed? This has next to no coverage whatsoever. I agree with Soulfly about using the standard DD Nite. It also gives you your rain and sun check as well.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multi Scale
Adamant
252 Hp/ 44 Atk/ 212 Spe
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Roost
I don't see that as too much of a problem. If I'm faced with a fighting type, I switch to espeon or staraptor. It's pretty much a free switch-in for both of them. Staraptor can do the same against bug types. And anything else, umbreon can set-up on unless it gets taunted first. I'm considering using mean look though. Could you suggest which move to replace? Besides, I don't really like bronzong despite the typing. I'm really confused about the dragonite set though. I feel that without extremespeed, it cannot use the curse boosts effectively. I could replace Thunderpunch though, but I put it there for water types that carry ice beam, blizzard, etc. and switch-in to counter nite. It does more damage than dragon claw when it hits S.E. against them and I don't really want to use outrage with lum berry simply because life orb with roost is so much better. Besides, all standard sets have counters, so the element of surprise is always better right? I mean I don't think people really expect curse being baton passed to dragonite. And now, I have a back-up plan if the strategy fails thanks to the inclusion of dragon dance.

Hopefully Staraptor can take it out with close combat or espeon with HP(fighting) or milotic with surf or HP fire(I prefer surf though but it's resttalk so can't be certain). What do you suggest? I'm changing the dragonite set and going with the one suggested by soulfly but not before trying this set in OU. Not a fan of outrage though. Confusion usually messes things up. Top needs to come in on toxic spikes and spin away safely without taking the status. That's the only reason for the lum berry. Milotic is running a resttalk set. So I thought the added SAtk could come in handy. Anyway, thanks. I'll try out your suggestions.
I meant the Sand Rush Excadrill that outspeeds Staraptor and Espeon.

Milotic should be able to do it. Excadrill has nothing that hits milotic for S.E. damage. Could you suggest a counter?
I do believe that after a swordsdance its a clean 2HKO if not a OHKO on milotic (coming from excadrill ofcourse) .
He is not to be underestimated , alltho something common as a skarmory can allready wall him even after a swords dance rockslide doesnt do half to him.
Milotic is able to do it ONLY if marvel scale is active. (so whn its sleeping...) .

I see you really like to keep your dragonite as a non dragon dancer.
But i would really advice to get atleast a dragon attack to have some STAB. As it is now , the dragonite is kinda a weak link IF your cursepasser happened to die earlier then you expected.

As for your question about ice shard. Ice shard is 40 bp , 60 coming from an ice type. When dragonite is at full health i dont see it killing IF the opponent doesnt have high attack. Also if you can get in after your spinned the hazards away , then your multiscale will be in tact and you will still atleast be able to do 1 DD , wich with 252 att 252 spd EV's is allready a killer , then when you get a chance you can roost off the dammage and dragon dance again.
Ice shard comes from donphan , mamoswine , weavile.
All 3 of them are overshadowed by other sweepers , and as for donphan by other spinners. So the chance of encountering an ice sharder is low , and if it would happen , kill him before you start setting up.
(wich obviously is why i advised meanlook over taunt , so you can lock the dangers for your dragonite in , kill them off, and set up safely)

I do believe that after a swordsdance its a clean 2HKO if not a OHKO on milotic (coming from excadrill ofcourse) .
He is not to be underestimated , alltho something common as a skarmory can allready wall him even after a swords dance rockslide doesnt do half to him.
Milotic is able to do it ONLY if marvel scale is active. (so whn its sleeping...) .

I see you really like to keep your dragonite as a non dragon dancer.
But i would really advice to get atleast a dragon attack to have some STAB. As it is now , the dragonite is kinda a weak link IF your cursepasser happened to die earlier then you expected.

As for your question about ice shard. Ice shard is 40 bp , 60 coming from an ice type. When dragonite is at full health i dont see it killing IF the opponent doesnt have high attack. Also if you can get in after your spinned the hazards away , then your multiscale will be in tact and you will still atleast be able to do 1 DD , wich with 252 att 252 spd EV's is allready a killer , then when you get a chance you can roost off the dammage and dragon dance again.
Ice shard comes from donphan , mamoswine , weavile.
All 3 of them are overshadowed by other sweepers , and as for donphan by other spinners. So the chance of encountering an ice sharder is low , and if it would happen , kill him before you start setting up.
(wich obviously is why i advised meanlook over taunt , so you can lock the dangers for your dragonite in , kill them off, and set up safely)
2HKO doing anything over 75% in the first move works in my favour as petaya berry gets activated. Rest heals the damage and activates marvel scale. Surf/HP(Fire) O/2HKOs excdrill. And even without the SAtk boost, I can still beat it in a dogfight using resttalk(atleast that's how i calculated it, correct me if I'm wrong). What I meant about Ice shard was that if the opponent uses blizzard in the first turn, I DD and then the opponent uses ice shard, it's a clean 2HKO because multiscale is not active anymore. Maybe I'm worrying too much about the 4x ice weakness. I'll test and see how the standard DD set works with the rest of the team. Also, I've used a curse ferrothorn in my first team(it was an all white team), but the set of curse, ingrain, toxic/Rest, gyro ball was very unconventional and didn't work as well as I would have liked it to. How about I replace Dragonite with forretress or something(will end a lot of conflicts... lol...). I've never used forretress before so I'll need some advice on how to use it considering my current team ofcourse. Maybe Staraptor can go, but then I'd have to rely entirely on set-ups(Damn it... Can't think straight). Nevermind, just tell me about forretress and thanks for all the tips so far.

Forretress usual moveset is something like :
Forretres @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 252 Hp , 252 Def , 6 Sp.Def
Impish nature
Stealthrock
Spikes/gyro ball
Rapid Spin
Volt Switch/Gyro Ball

Basically how he is used : Set up till you cant do no more, then gyro ball if nothing is hurting you , or volt switch out in case something is .

As for ferrothorn beeing inconvenient with a curse set , thats rather normal.
But you have an umbreon to do the cursing , then pass it.
This makes for a very strong wall that also hits super hard with gyro ball.
Dont know if you tested that out yet , but i believe it would work better then a forretress. Basically because ferro is alot like forretress with a difference in base special defence (110 on ferro , 40? on forretress)

Also Forretress can take care of outrage , but draco meteor will still kill it probably , where ferro can easely live both .

Forretress usual moveset is something like :
Forretres @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 252 Hp , 252 Def , 6 Sp.Def
Impish nature
Stealthrock
Spikes/gyro ball
Rapid Spin
Volt Switch/Gyro Ball

Basically how he is used : Set up till you cant do no more, then gyro ball if nothing is hurting you , or volt switch out in case something is .

As for ferrothorn beeing inconvenient with a curse set , thats rather normal.
But you have an umbreon to do the cursing , then pass it.
This makes for a very strong wall that also hits super hard with gyro ball.
Dont know if you tested that out yet , but i believe it would work better then a forretress. Basically because ferro is alot like forretress with a difference in base special defence (110 on ferro , 40? on forretress)

Also Forretress can take care of outrage , but draco meteor will still kill it probably , where ferro can easely live both .
Good point. Draco meteor can, if not kill, really hurt forretress with base 60 SDef. And no point investing EVs in that stat either. Instead I could go with the ferrothorn set you suggested earlier, only I'll put the Def Evs in SDef(had the same investment for the curse ferrothorn). Curse gives it enough defense anyway so it can wall both sides. Plus a rocky helmet coupled with iron barbs is in itself enough to discourage physical attackers(expect the occasional non-contact move users). What do you suggest?

rocky helmet + iron barbs hurts yes .
But dont forget that ferrothorn has no direct recovery next to leech seed and leftovers. So if you use rocky helmet it will only have leech seed and that will work in your disadvantage eventually.

rocky helmet + iron barbs hurts yes .
But dont forget that ferrothorn has no direct recovery next to leech seed and leftovers. So if you use rocky helmet it will only have leech seed and that will work in your disadvantage eventually.
Point taken. I'll run both and see how it works out. Btw, someone said earlier that my team could have problems with weather. I know sandstorm and hail might be issues(IMO, I have no problems with rain/sun whatsoever beacuse i can counter the common rain/sun poke, only sand rush is a major issue while the damage inflicted by weather every turn, not so much), but don't you think I have the versatility/flexibility in the team to deal with them?

Lets see some common used weather pokemon.

Sandstorm threats :
- Tyranitar -> Hitmontop/Staraptor/Milotic/Espeon (hp fight)
- Excadrill -> Hitmntop/Milotic/Espeon (Hp fight)
- Landorus -> Umbreon/Hitmontop/Milotic/dragonite
- Skarmory alot too -> Milotic but most likely not a OHKO

To sum up , yes sand can cause you some dammage if you loose some of the pokemons listed above.
Because you rely alot on priority moves sand can really hurt you alot as they often have steel wich resists most prioritys other then mach punch.

Hail threats :
- 'Abomasnow' (just including the weather starter) -> Milotic/Hitmontop/Staraptor
- Mamoswine -> Staraptor/Milotic/Espeon (Hp fight)
- Weavile? -> Hitmontop/Milotic/Espeon (Hp fight)
- Glaceon? -> Hitmontop/Milotic/Staraptor/Espeon

Hail is almost never used and when its used as weather its barely using the sweepers i named atm. I dont think hail will give you much problems.

Rain threats:
- Politoed -> Dragonite/Hitmontop/Staraptor/Espeon
- Starmie -> Hitmontop/Dragonite/Staraptor/Espeon
- Rotom_W -> Dragonite/Hitmontop/Staraptor
- Thundurus/Tornadus -> coutning thundurus typing : ice weak -> no ice attacks rock weak -> no rock attacks
- Toxiccroag -> Espeon/Hitmontop
- Ferrothorn -> Espeon/Hitmontop/Milotic (but fire dammage halfed)

Rain can give you some problems as you will not be able to KO as easy as without rain. In this process it can fairly easy set up leech seed and protect to get its recoverys. Thundurus can cause u alot of trouble , to change this i suggest getting ice punch over thunderpunch on dragonite.

Sun Threats:
- Ninetails( just including as he is starter) -> Hitmontop/Milotic
- Venusaur -> No ice attacks , no ground attacks -> Staraptor/Milotic/Espeon
- Arcanine -> No rock , no ground -> Milotic

Sun wont cause you too much dammage but the boosted fire type attacks will eventually hurt milotic alot. As for venusaur , he can be killed by staraptor and milotic and espeon IF they mannage to survive his attacks.
In other words , if he can use growth 1 time its will do ALOT of dammage to your team and perhaps just sweep it .

Another thing i noticed making this , you have no grass attacks , this can hurt you alot if a quagsire/gastrodon/swampert joins in . You have absolutely nothing to hurt them. Defenatly the quagsire is a threat to your team as you rely on the boost of curse alot to then priority sweep. To change this , get hp grass on one of your pokemons , i think best would be on espeon as you have mach punch so hp fighting can be missed.

Lets see some common used weather pokemon.

Sandstorm threats :
- Tyranitar -> Hitmontop/Staraptor/Milotic/Espeon (hp fight)
- Excadrill -> Hitmntop/Milotic/Espeon (Hp fight)
- Landorus -> Umbreon/Hitmontop/Milotic/dragonite
- Skarmory alot too -> Milotic but most likely not a OHKO

To sum up , yes sand can cause you some dammage if you loose some of the pokemons listed above.
Because you rely alot on priority moves sand can really hurt you alot as they often have steel wich resists most prioritys other then mach punch.

Hail threats :
- 'Abomasnow' (just including the weather starter) -> Milotic/Hitmontop/Staraptor
- Mamoswine -> Staraptor/Milotic/Espeon (Hp fight)
- Weavile? -> Hitmontop/Milotic/Espeon (Hp fight)
- Glaceon? -> Hitmontop/Milotic/Staraptor/Espeon

Hail is almost never used and when its used as weather its barely using the sweepers i named atm. I dont think hail will give you much problems.

Rain threats:
- Politoed -> Dragonite/Hitmontop/Staraptor/Espeon
- Starmie -> Hitmontop/Dragonite/Staraptor/Espeon
- Rotom_W -> Dragonite/Hitmontop/Staraptor
- Thundurus/Tornadus -> coutning thundurus typing : ice weak -> no ice attacks rock weak -> no rock attacks
- Toxiccroag -> Espeon/Hitmontop
- Ferrothorn -> Espeon/Hitmontop/Milotic (but fire dammage halfed)

Rain can give you some problems as you will not be able to KO as easy as without rain. In this process it can fairly easy set up leech seed and protect to get its recoverys. Thundurus can cause u alot of trouble , to change this i suggest getting ice punch over thunderpunch on dragonite.

Sun Threats:
- Ninetails( just including as he is starter) -> Hitmontop/Milotic
- Venusaur -> No ice attacks , no ground attacks -> Staraptor/Milotic/Espeon
- Arcanine -> No rock , no ground -> Milotic

Sun wont cause you too much dammage but the boosted fire type attacks will eventually hurt milotic alot. As for venusaur , he can be killed by staraptor and milotic and espeon IF they mannage to survive his attacks.
In other words , if he can use growth 1 time its will do ALOT of dammage to your team and perhaps just sweep it .

Another thing i noticed making this , you have no grass attacks , this can hurt you alot if a quagsire/gastrodon/swampert joins in . You have absolutely nothing to hurt them. Defenatly the quagsire is a threat to your team as you rely on the boost of curse alot to then priority sweep. To change this , get hp grass on one of your pokemons , i think best would be on espeon as you have mach punch so hp fighting can be missed.
I can't believe I left out those annoying swampert like pokemon(I mean Water/Ground). HP(Grass) is a bad idea IMO, especially for a frail set-up sweeper like espeon. So I've made changes to the team accordingly and posted them in bold in the original thread. Please have a look and tell me what you think and thanks a ton for pointing it out.

How the team is now it is alot more solid allready.
Ofcourse with ferrothorn comes 2 new weaknesses:
Fighting and fire.
Fighting -> Staraptor
Fire -> Milotic

So the synergy is ok lets say , so ferro was a good decision to add to this team.

I would say test it out a day or two , then come back at us with info what worked and what didnt :)

How the team is now it is alot more solid allready.
Ofcourse with ferrothorn comes 2 new weaknesses:
Fighting and fire.
Fighting -> Staraptor
Fire -> Milotic

So the synergy is ok lets say , so ferro was a good decision to add to this team.

I would say test it out a day or two , then come back at us with info what worked and what didnt :)
I have espeon too(for fighting types). You've really helped. Thanks a lot!!! I can't wait to try this team out.

Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but why Psychic on Espeon? I suggest running Psychock to kill, well, everything that Psychic would with the added benefit of shitting on things that would normally laugh at you, namely, Blissey.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would SD gliscor(poison heal) fit on my team? Just asking
You've got Espeon to check fighting types already, so the only thing Gliscor would bring to the table is the ability to counter Excadrill. You're probably better dropping Hitmontop for a Bronzong or Skarmory, since you don't really need both a magic bouncer and a rapid spinner.

Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but why Psychic on Espeon? I suggest running Psychock to kill, well, everything that Psychic would with the added benefit of shitting on things that would normally laugh at you, namely, Blissey.
Actually, no one did. Psychic>Psyshock for the extra 15 BP(with STAB) that is has. Psyshock>Psychic for special walls(namely blissey). And espeon is a set-up sweeper. Psyshock could be very useful as it won't force me out when up against a special wall. Thanks for pointing it out. Although I'm not certain about psyshock's effectiveness against bulky fighting types since their defense is much better than Sdef and they have bulk up for boosting the same. And even though I'm hitting them for S.E. damage, they can probably take a hit from psyshock, whereas psychic would be a KO. And this is really hampering espeon's ability to check fighting types as it is pretty frail IMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)