3rd team... Getting better!!! Please Rate

You've got Espeon to check fighting types already, so the only thing Gliscor would bring to the table is the ability to counter Excadrill. You're probably better dropping Hitmontop for a Bronzong or Skarmory, since you don't really need both a magic bouncer and a rapid spinner.
If I do that, then I'll lose any form of priority that I had. Besides, it's messing with my original strategy of priority sweeping(had an extremespeed dragonite too)and espeon won't be coming in too early so I need a spinner IMO.

Some problems have cropped for the team after constant battling. I've listed my pokemon and the problems I'm facing while using them down below and would appreciate some help to find the solution to these problems.

1)Umbreon-While umbreon has been very reliable as a support/set-up lead, the one thing it can't stand up to are taunt users, especially those faster than it. And Umbreon loses speed after a few uses of curse anyway, so sometimes, slower poke end up taunting it.

2)Ferrothorn-If ferro gets even a couple of curse boosts from umbreon, it can pretty much outstall anything that does not carry fire moves. But when umbreon can't give it the boosts, bulky sweepers use ferro as set-up fodder.

3)Hitmontop-Has been consistent but low HP means no longevity. That's pretty much the only problem with this guy.

N.B.:I've tried a specially defensive bulky conkeldurr with bulk up, drain punch, mach punch and payback in its place a few times. This thing is a monster but then espeon has to open proceedings(because of the loss of rapid spin).

4)Staraptor-I guess it's just a few more battles before I replace this bad ass bird with something more reliable. I'll miss the raw power though.

N.B.:DD nite is probably going to be the one to do it. This thing is way more reliable thanks to multiscale and usually gets atleast 1-2 dds in. Helps me counter a lot of faster threats(something staraptor couldn't do). But I'm taking a more attacking approach than the standard bulky DD set.
Dragonite@Lum berry/Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Adamant(+Atk, -SAtk)
EV Spread: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw(use lum berry or life orb accordingly)
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake/Roost(prefer earthquake though, roost does not fit too well on this set)

5)Milotic-Not too many problems apart from the reliability of resttalk and pokes that carry Defense/Sdef lowering moves. Does a decent amount of damage after the petaya berry boost. Hasn't been too consistent though.

6)Espeon-Easily the best pokemon on my team. Has forced a lot of switches, and swept the opposition more times than I can count. Its frailty is a problem, but I don't want to replace it.

</p>There weren't any pokemon in particular that I had problems with, but more like combos and bad timing, and the occasional critical hits. Also, errors on my part in understanding the opponent's strategy. The problems listed above are all that I actually have with my pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)