3v3 At the Grassy Plain! Lyris1035 vs. Master Bane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome ladies, gentlemen and Pokemon!
Here we are in a random, nondescript plain in the middle of the night. Let's see just why these two trainers, myself and the audience are here.

@Lyris: I already accepted your seek.

Does anyone want to ref this?

Me vs. Lyris
3v3 singles
2 day DQ
1 recover, 3 chills
Abilities: All
Switch: KO
Items: No
Arena: Grassy Plain at night, underground water for moves like surf.

Oh, a 3v3 match is it? A classic choice, of course!

Let's see the battlers' teams.

Zorua (*) Zorroa (F)
Nature: Naive (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. (Formula: ACC Boost = (New Base^2)/Divisor [Round Up] Cap: 30) The Divisor is 1000 for fully evolved Pokemon, 700 for Pokemon that are the second of three stages, 500 for Pokemon that are the first of two stages, and 350 for Pokemon that are the first of three stages. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Special Defense)
Type: Dark
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction

Abilities:
Illusion: (Innate) Whenever you send this Pokemon out it can feign the appearance of another member on your squad. If this Pokemon is damaged by a direct attack, the Illusion will cease at the end of the round. It will retain the typing and moveset of the Pokemon with Illusion.

Stats:
Natue: Naive
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 75 (65 * 1.15 = 74.75, which rounds up to 75.) (+)

EC: 0/6
MC: 0

Attacks:
Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Pursuit (*)
Fake Tears (*)
Fury Swipes (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Scary Face (*)
Taunt (*)

Dark Pulse (*)
Extrasensory (*)
Snatch (*)

Hone Claws (*)
Shadow Ball (*)
Snarl (if Valid) (*)
Embargo (if Snarl would be invalid) (*)
BTW, Illusion will be Auralia the Riolu

Oshawott (*) Oshawatt (F)
Nature: Naughty (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense)
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Torrent: When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by
two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Shell Armor (DW): This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.

Stats:
Nature: Lonely
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 45

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Tail Whip (*)
Water Gun (*)
Water Sport (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Razor Shell (*)
Fury Cutter (*)
Water Pulse (*)
Revenge (*)

Air Slash (*)
Brine (*)
Night Slash (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Rain Dance (*)
Scald (*)

Riolu(*) Arualia (F)

Nature: Naive (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. (Formula: ACC Boost = (New Base^2)/Divisor [Round Up] Cap: 30) The Divisor is 1000 for fully evolved Pokemon, 700 for Pokemon that are the second of three stages, 500 for Pokemon that are the first of two stages, and 350 for Pokemon that are the first of three stages. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Special Defense)
Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Stradfast: (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Prankster (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 69 (60 * 1.15 = 69.) (+)

Attacks:
Quick Attack (*)
Foresight (*)
Endure (*)
Counter (*)
Force Palm (*)
Feint (*)
Reversal (*)
Screech (*)
Agility (*)
Bullet Punch (*)
Vacuum Wave (*)

Brick Break (*)
Work Up (*)
Swords Dance (*)

Zubat(*) Zippy; inducer of seizures (M)
Nature: Hasty (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. (Formula: ACC Boost = (New Base^2)/Divisor [Round Up] Cap: 30) The Divisor is 1000 for fully evolved Pokemon, 700 for Pokemon that are the second of three stages, 500 for Pokemon that are the first of two stages, and 350 for Pokemon that are the first of three stages. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Defense)
Type: Poison/Flying
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Infiltrator (DW): (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 64 (55 * 1.15)

Attacks:
Leech Life(*)
Supersonic(*)
Astonish(*)
Bite(*)
Wing Attack(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Air Cutter(*)

Brave Bird(*)
Hypnosis(*)
Quick Attack(*)

Toxic(*)
Sludge Bomb(*)
Acrobatics(*)

Machop(*) Machop (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack)
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
No Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. Resultingly it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefitted by No Guard, they will have their normal accuracy.
Steadfast (DW): (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 35

Attacks:
Low Kick(*)
Leer(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Karate Chop(*)
Foresight(*)
Low Sweep(*)
Seismic Toss(*)
Revenge(*)
Vital Throw(*)

Bullet Punch(*)
Close Combat(*)
Rock Slide(*)

Earthquake(*)
Bulk Up(*)
Payback(*)

Houndour(*) Hell Hound (M)
Nature: Hasty (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. (Formula: ACC Boost = (New Base^2)/Divisor [Round Up] Cap: 30) The Divisor is 1000 for fully evolved Pokemon, 700 for Pokemon that are the second of three stages, 500 for Pokemon that are the first of two stages, and 350 for Pokemon that are the first of three stages. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Defense)
Type: Dark/Fire
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Early Bird: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to waking up at early hours or operating in low-light conditions and subsequently suffers from sleep status for only half as much time as other Pokemon.
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Unnerve (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Stats:

Def: Rank 1 (-1)
Spe: 75 (65*1.15)

Attacks:
Leer(*)
Ember(*)
Howl(*)
Smog(*)
Roar(*)
Bite(*)
Odor Sleuth(*)
Beat Up(*)

Fire Spin(*)
Nasty Plot(*)
Sucker Punch(*)

Fire Blast(*)
Solarbeam(*)
Sunny Day(*)

The only information given to me is that the area is:
1.) A grassy plain
2.) At night
3.) Surf and (I assume) Dig and Earthquake are usable

So, don't be to offended if I take a few "creative liberties" in order to spice up the battle if it gets dull.

And.. Let the battle begin!

Lyris sends out her Pokemon
Bane sends out his and his actions
Lyris' actions
I ref
Lyris' actions
Bane's
etc.

Go, Zippy, inducer of seizures!

Zubat (M)
Nature: Hasty

Zippy, start with a confuse ray, then follow up with sludge bomb and finish up with Air Cutter!

Cross your fingers, audience!

Oshawatt, start off by summoning the rain (dance) if possible. Then test the rain's abilities with Razor Shell. Finally as a surprise attack, Ice Beam! (CROSS YOUR FINGERS, I sense confusion coming! LOL)

Lyris starts out sending in her Oshawott, Oshawatt!

Oshawott (*) Oshawatt (F)
Nature: Naughty (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense)
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Torrent: When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by
two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Shell Armor (DW): This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.

Stats:
Nature: Lonely
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 45

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Tail Whip (*)
Water Gun (*)
Water Sport (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Razor Shell (*)
Fury Cutter (*)
Water Pulse (*)
Revenge (*)

Air Slash (*)
Brine (*)
Night Slash (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Rain Dance (*)
Scald (*)

Master Bane then sends out Zippy, the Zubat!

Zubat(*) Zippy; inducer of seizures (M)
Type: Poison/Flying
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Infiltrator (DW): (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Stats:

Def: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 64 (55 * 1.15)

Attacks:
Leech Life(*)
Supersonic(*)
Astonish(*)
Bite(*)
Wing Attack(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Air Cutter(*)

Brave Bird(*)
Hypnosis(*)
Quick Attack(*)

Toxic(*)
Sludge Bomb(*)
Acrobatics(*)

The two Pokemon look raring to go and assume their battle stances...

It looks like the first move is made by Zippy! Damn, those Zubats sure are speedy buggers. He starts by channeling spirits, these spirits then show up as a sparkling ball of light; a Confuse Ray! And it looks like Oshawatt looked too closely at it, resulting in Severe Confusion (4 actions)! Oshawatt is trying to do a Rain Dance,but unfortunately all she manages to do is trip and hurt herself in confusion. (Atleast she lowered her confusion stage by one.)

Let's see what round two will bring...

Again, Zippy moves first, and this time he goes right for the direct damage with a nasty Sludge Bomb. Unfortunately for Oshawatt, this isn't quite enough to lower her confusion again, but she does get to attack this turn. And attack she does! The little otter removes her tummy shell and strikes at Zippy with its sharp edge! She actually hits him so hard, his Defense drops!

This last round could really seal the deal on who has the advantage for the rest of the battle...

Zippy starts out with a nasty blade of air that cuts into Oshawatt. It leaves a nasty red gash, signifying a Critical Hit! Meanwhile, Oshawatt hits herself in confusion... poor thing. At least she's out of confusion.

Well, we all know who came out better in that round, but still, let's look at the combatants' condition.

Oshawott(*) Oshawatt (F)
HP: 52
Energy: 88
Boosts: none
Other: Why ya hittin' yourself?

Zubat(*) Zippy(M)
HP: 76
Energy: 84
Boosts: -1 Def (1 more turn)
Other: TROLLFACE!

Oshawott:
Confusion-> 3 energy; 4.5 (5) damage to self
Razor Shell-> 6 energy; 14 damage

Zubat:
Confuse Ray-> 5 energy
Sludge Bomb-> 7 energy; 13.5 (14) damage
Air Cutter-> 4 energy; 13.5 (14) damage

What is this? The ground is rumbling, and a large herd of Diglet are scattering away from under the ground... Something's happening! Maybe... I think the reason there's so much water under the field is that there's a geyser underneath!

The geyser will erupt in 3 rounds. The blast of water from below will be enough to damage all Pokemon (depending on resistance/weakness) and will cover the area with water. Effects of the water-covered field will be revealed after the eruption has occurred.

Master Bane Go! Try to make your actions count! >:D

Excellent job Zippy!

Now use confuse ray again, then sludge bomb, then finish by flying up as high as you can to avoid the geyser and Oshawatt's move!

EDIT: If Temperantia will let me I'd like to change my last action to air cutter.

I already posted my move, did you get it, referee? ;) (Do NOT beyond this bold (important) message, Master Bane) If Possible, Please Input a "closed eyes rain dance" (that way, if possible, Rain dance won't be replaced by that self confusion damage, that devil Master Bane...). in place of Rain Dance. I can sense another confuse ray coming!

Review:
Main: Rain Dance ~ Focus Energy (not mentioned in your message referee, sorry) ~ Water Pulse

Can I just tell you, ref? I've got to go to Bed, so, I don't mind if you post the reffing round While I am asleep, as long as I don't get disqualified, or I go first next action. OK? (Hint to ref: The reffing round must at least have the phrase "Good Night, Lyris", ending with any punctuation possible, OK?) So, Good Night, referee Temperantia, challenger "Master" Bane (or should I say "Devil" Bane for spamming Confuse Ray, LOL!)!

Oshawott(*) Oshawatt (F)
HP: 52
Energy: 88
Boosts: none
Other: Why ya hittin' yourself?

Zubat(*) Zippy(M)
HP: 76
Energy: 84
Boosts: -1 Def (1 more turn)
Other: TROLLFACE!

And so this second round of actions begins!

Zippy uses his Confuse Ray yet again, but this time, Lyris is having none of it. She orders her Oshawatt to do the Rain Dance, this time with it's eyes closed! Her maneuver works, but just barely, (you had a 50/50 chance) and a torrential rain starts to pour! I imagine this will strengthen the geyser when it erupts...

Next turn of actions and things are looking better for Oshawatt.

Zippy, always the leader, fires off another of his nasty Sludge Bombs! Oshawatt didn't like this much, but managed to avoid being poisoned. Speaking of the little otter, she seems to be focusing, a Focus of her Energy to be precise.

The next round may be the deciding factor...

Zippy (of course) starts off with another one of his Air Cutters, this time no crit though. Oshawatt was annoyed by this little display and decided to shoot off a Water Pulse. (Maybe Lyris was trying to get in on this confusion thing?) Anyways, it manages to do so (severe confusion), leaving Zippy in a prime position for Lyris next round...

Let's examine the battlers and their conditions now...

Oshawott(*) Oshawatt (F)
HP: 27
Energy: 68
Boosts: +1 Crit rank (next 5 turns)
Other: A little broken... on the inside

Zubat(*) Zippy(M)
HP: 62
Boosts: nope
Other: Severe Confusion (4 rounds)

Field: Rain (4 more rounds)

Oshawatt:
Rain Dance-> 10 energy
Focus Energy-> 5 energy
Water Pulse-> 5 energy; 13.5 (14) damage

Zubat:
Confuse Ray-> 5 energy
Sludge Bomb-> 7 energy; 13.5 (14) damage
Air Cutter-> 4 energy; 10.5 (11) damage

The ground begins shaking more violently as the geyser gets closer to erupting. The local Spearow and Starly are beginning to flee the area while it seems Tympole and Seismitoad are gathering around the battlefield.
Any Pokemon who uses Dig or Earthquake will cause the geyser to blow now, instead of in two rounds. Digging Pokemon will also receive additional damage and a Burn (3rd degree.)

Lyris, you're up!

Wow, Nice Work, Oshawatt! Ref, I think why I used that maneuver is this phrase:
Temperantia said:
it looks like Oshawatt looked too closely at it
Start off with Ice Beam. Then use a hard Razor Shell and go for a real direct hit. Finally, use Water Pulse.

Ice Beam ~ Razor Shell ~ Water Pulse

Oshawott(*) Oshawatt (F)
HP: 27
Boosts: +1 Crit rank (next 5 turns)
Other: A little broken... on the inside

Zubat(*) Zippy(M)
HP: 62
Other: Severe Confusion (4 rounds)

Field: Rain (4 more rounds)

Well folks, we're back in the plains as the third round of this 3v3 battle unfolds! Remember, the Geyser blows at the end of the 2nd Round from now, so you better duck and cover!

Zippy, taking an all-out offense this round, starts with one of his tried and true Sludge Bombs. It seems this time he was too confused to perform the action and instead, started choking on the slime hurting himself in confusion! Oshawatt seizes this perfect moment to strike and fires off a freezing Ice Beam.

Well, Zippy sure didn't like that taste of his own medicine, let's continue!

Zippy manages to overcome his confusion this turn, though, and fires off his slicing Air Cutter! Oshawatt takes this hit in stride, choosing rather to strike with her Razor Shell once more! Unfortunately, this time she doesn't get that nice, little Defense drop...

This may be it folks! Can Oshawatt manage to survive this round?

Zippy again tries to cough up that horrible sludge but this time he loses his balance and falls to the ground, hurting himself again! But also losing his confusion. Oshawatt seems to be laughing to herself at Zippy's situation, and then fires a rain-boosted Water Pulse at him. Here's the real kicker, though: Zippy's confused again! (Though only Slightly this time.)

That sure was one great round (With plenty of lolhax for both sides), let's survey the damage done.

Oshawott(*) Oshawatt (F)
HP: 16
Energy: 50
Boosts: +1 Crit rank (next 2 turns)
Other: LIAO!!

Zubat(*) Zippy(M)
HP: 4
Energy: 58
Other: Slightly confused (2 actions)

Field: Rain (3 more rounds)

It looks like Oshawatt's posed to win against Zippy; but not much else, the way those wounds look...

Oshawott:
Ice Beam-> 7 energy; 17.25 (17) damage
Razor Shell-> 6 energy; 17 damage
Water Pulse-> 5 energy; 13.5 (14) damage

Zubat:
Air Cutter-> 4 energy; 10.5 (11) damage

The battlers can feel the heat of the geyser course through their feet, the geyser will erupt at the end of the next round! Looks like Oshawatt's the only one who'll feel it though...

Master Bane, you're up!

Sorry Zippy, it seems the RNG hates you now.

Let's try a Brave Bird. If it hits it should ensure that Oshawott dies to the geyser and if it crits you could actually win this. Of course no matter what happens you won't see another action. Good bye Zippy, you fought well. Oh, if you somehow survive, use another brave bird.

This combo is my only hope...
Scald (hope for a burn) ~ Razor Shell + Night Slash
By the way, Did Anyone Forget about the geyser?

Oshawott(*) Oshawatt (F)
HP: 16
Energy: 50
Boosts: +1 Crit rank (next 2 turns)
Other: LIAO!!

Zubat(*) Zippy(M)
HP: 4
Energy: 58
Other: Slightly confused (2 actions)

It seems whatever happens now will determine the first victorious Pokemon...

Zippy, hoping to bypass his confusion, goes in for a massive assault. This winged display of power has a name: The Brave Bird technique! Somehow, he manages to not only not fumble up his actions, but hits Oshawatt dead-on, a Critical Hit! She faints to the ground, the pain too much, but as she does, Zippy also falls. This results in a Double KO!

Field: 2 rounds of rain

Both Pokemon are KO'd so let's see those Calcs...

Zippy:
Brave Bird-> 8 energy; 12+3(STAB)+3(Crit)= 18 damage!!

Even though no Pokemon are out... The Geyser ERUPTS!!
The trainers, audience and I all run for cover as the boiling water sprays all. After it finishes, we look around, seeing the field drenched in water...

Surf is usable; Dig and Earthquake are not due to the now marsh-like soil. Electric moves have an increase to both accuracy and BP, while Fire moves have a decrease to both. Land-based, Non-Water type Pokemon that use limbs to walk have decreased maneuverability, and an increase to Energy usage for moves requiring contact.

Bane Pokemon, Lyris Pokemon and Actions!

PS I have no idea why Lyris didn't stick with Aqua Jet, she could've KO'd and not been Brave Bird'd to death...

EDIT: Ok, Gotcha.

Awesome! Go Machop!

Oh, Lyris didn't use Aqua Jet because Oshawott didn't know it when the battle started and couldn't use it.

even though I am asleep...my desire grew sorta...YAWN (I'll be back asleep after this, but I might have trouble again...)

Riolu (*) Auralia (F)
Nature: Naive
Illusion Mode, just to tell ya, ref
White = Hidden to Master Bane, try not to "un-hide" it, Bane, OK?
Auralia, try to ruin his Defenses, OK? Good luck, Auralia!
Extrasensory ~ Hone Claws ~ Extrasensory
EDIT: Revenge is just weakened when not using an attack move, so Hone Claws Replaced Fake Tears.

All right Machop, based in his attacks I don't think that's a riolu.

Start off with Close Combat, follow up with revenge and finish by vital throwing him under water!

Zorua (*) Zorroa (F)
Type: Dark
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction

Abilities:
Illusion: (Innate) Whenever you send this Pokemon out it can feign the appearance of another member on your squad. If this Pokemon is damaged by a direct attack, the Illusion will cease at the end of the round. It will retain the typing and moveset of the Pokemon with Illusion.

Stats:
Natue: Naive
Spe: 75 (65 * 1.15 = 74.75, which rounds up to 75.) (+)

Attacks:
Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Pursuit (*)
Fake Tears (*)
Fury Swipes (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Scary Face (*)
Taunt (*)

Dark Pulse (*)
Extrasensory (*)
Snatch (*)

Hone Claws (*)
Shadow Ball (*)
Snarl (if Valid) (*)
Embargo (if Snarl would be invalid) (*)
BTW, Illusion will be Auralia the Riolu

Machop(*) Machop (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack)

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
No Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. Resultingly it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefitted by No Guard, they will have their normal accuracy.
Steadfast (DW): (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 35

Attacks:
Low Kick(*)
Leer(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Karate Chop(*)
Foresight(*)
Low Sweep(*)
Seismic Toss(*)
Revenge(*)
Vital Throw(*)

Bullet Punch(*)
Close Combat(*)
Rock Slide(*)

Earthquake(*)
Bulk Up(*)
Payback(*)

The two trainers' Pokemon spring forth from their Poke Balls, eager to fight! In Bane's corner, his Machop takes the stand. While, "Auralia the Riolu" fights for Lyris' honor! Let's begin!

"Auralia"... Oh who am I kidding, we all know it's Zorroa! Anyways, she uses an Extrasensory attack that shuts down Machop's limited mental capacities. Machop seems undeterred, however, and still strikes with some Close-up Combat, though he used some extra energy to wade through the water to get to her. Zorroa's illusion fades, surprisin no one, not even the dim-witted Machop.

Zorroa really didn't like that up-close and personal lesson about lying Machop taught her, but Machop didn't enjoy that Extrasensory mind-rape either...

Zorroa is pretty miffed about that beating she got, so she's retaliating by... Hone-ing her Claws. Yeah, I don't get why a special attacker is using that move either, folks. On the other hand, Machop was waiting for no particular reason and decided to get Revenge! Revenge for what, I don't know, but it did solid damage.

That turn was... pointless, really. Let's hope things kick up in the last round.

Zorroa decided MIND-RAPE was a better strategy than giving herself a manicure, so she used Extrasensory again. Machop, annoyed but unflinching, Vitally Throws Zorroa farther away from him (which may be good for her.)

Let's examine the conditions of the battlers!

Zorua (*) Zorroa (F)
HP: 25
Energy: 83
Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 Acc (3 actions)
Other: Ohh, the Pain!!

HP: 70
Energy: 81
Boosts: -1 Def, -1 Sp Def (2 actions)
Other: Rough, tough, and standin' strong

Field Effects: 1 more round of Rain, Watered-Down Field (3 more rounds)

Zorua:
Extrasensory-> 14.25 (14) damage; 6 energy
Hone Claws-> 6-1 (5) energy
Extrasensory-> 15.75 (16) damage; 6 energy

Machop:
Close Combat-> 27 damage; 8-1+1 (8) energy
Revenge-> 18 damage; 8-1 (7) energy
Vital Throw-> 19.5 (20) damage; 5-1 (4) energy

Master Bane, Go!

Maybe it was because I checked too early in the morning, but I could of sworn Lyris was using different moves when I posted...

Anyway, finish her Machop! Close Combat! Follow up with Bulk Up and then Chill. If Zorua is still alive, replace the second action with Revenge

Why did you have to overpower me...?

If Second attack is NOT replaced: Extrasensory (hope for flinch) ~ Snatch ~ Faint Attack
If second attack IS replaced: Extrasensory ~ Taunt ~ Shadow Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)