3v3 Australian Tour Team

He was talking about Alakazam, with 55/45 defenses and Scizor's massive attack I'm fairly certain BP would OHKO.

EDIT: Played around with Swampert a bit, doesn't look like much of a Pert anymore :)

if latios is allowed run him over scizor or chomp or swampert.

Latios@souldew/wiseglasses
Timid 252 sp.atk/speed
ice beam
thunder bolt
Draco Meteor
grass knot

kils almost everything. that is all i have to say.

Latios IS allowed, however, he probley doesnt have a trained and decent IV'ed Latios. It isnt that great either, especially with Scizors running loose.

I've got Negator's Latios on Pearl somewhere at 50 and EV trained but yeah, the amount of weaknesses is off putting, if it had HP fire I'd use it for sure but it doesn't :(

I remember a few running around in the '07 tour and no one using it got to the top 8. It's too suited for Shoddy than 3v3.

Shame I wasn't playing Pokemon when 07 tour happened, would be nice to have some experience to draw from other than the "Boltbeam Mewtwo rapes JAO lolz".

Thanks all, barring any gaping weaknesses I might've missed, I think I'm done. Just got to play around with the EV's and get a definitive answer on this 4 EVs per stat vs 8 EVs per stat at level 50 noise.

I hightly suggest making a few teams as backup, theres nothing worse than going to the tour and looking at all these teams on the big screen that could kick your teams ass. Raise a few subs and formulate a few good teams prior to the tour, IF there will be a battle comp that is.

generally you should have a back up team. I am not participating in this tournament but if they allow you to switch teams during the contest it would be very wise to bring a team of 6 and pick accordingly.

Lucario perhaps might fit into your team. Not many people carry SR in 3v3 so I think a sash SD could work. I'm not entirely sure but if you can bring 6 it may be worth your time investing in one. Kingdra perhaps? Good resistances especially 4x to fire and only 1 weakness dragon which is covered by scizor.

GL in the tournament your team has a good shot at a high up place.

SD lucario wouldnt work too well as it learns extremespeed at lv 51, so unless there is some breeding trick i dont know about (if there is one can someone please give me details cause i need a lv 50 lucario that knows extremespeed) then it probably not have the same effect as a normal SD lucario

i also agree with a backup team, not a complete new team but more like pokemon you can interchange, for example- if you feel garchomp isnt working as a lead and u want a strong lead, consider using the standard azelf suicide lead set but instead of stealth rock run grass knot or shadow ball as it was said that rocks arent as effective in 3v3 and if it is like what i experienced in 07, the opponents dont always know what they are doing in terms of who they are using and what attacks to give them (i saw a rhyperior that was using ice beam and a golem using flamethrower, as well as some other strange pokemon choices like moltres and dragonair), so it is good to be able to cover a large amount of types due to the early round randomness

Hmm, But must versions these days are Choice Scarfed Alakazams with Focus Blast and it that hits...
You don't get it. Bullet Punch is a PRIORITY MOVE. It doesn't matter how fast Alakazam is. You could be using a +6 Choice Scarf Jolly Deoxys-S and Scizor would still hit first.

After i posted earlier i thought about it and,

if ubers are allowed wouldn't that make darkrai a threat to everything you can put together? You may not know but there was a darkrai event last year in Australia i know cause i was there, i picked one up here are its unchanged specs:

Darkrai @ nothing
Ability: bad dreams
Nature: Impish
-Roar of Time
-Spacial Rend
-Nightmare
-Hypnosis

Taking into account it's lack of item most players will attach wide lens or life orb (many less skilled players won't have the BP for a choice item)

Despite this it can still blow holes in everything with hypnosis and spacial rend .

id say the list of pokemon allowed will be the same as the battle tower in the game, although i believe soul dew was banned last time?? not to sure about that one

so darkrai wont be a problem

It's the same as the VGC. I checked and it's these (off the top of my head);

-Mew
-Mewtwo
-Tyranitar (Level)
-Shaymin (I think...)
-Celebi
-Jirachi
-Darkrai
-Arceus
-Palkia
-Dialga
-Ho-oh
-Lugia
-Manaphy
-Phione
-Groudon
-Kyogre
-Rayquaza
-Giratina

-Soul Dew
-Only Moves from pokemon 001 - 492 (means Sketch cannot be used for Judgement...I don't know why you would but anyway)

i also agree with a backup team, not a complete new team but more like pokemon you can interchange, for example- if you feel garchomp isnt working as a lead and u want a strong lead, consider using the standard azelf suicide lead set but instead of stealth rock run grass knot or shadow ball as it was said that rocks arent as effective in 3v3 and if it is like what i experienced in 07, the opponents dont always know what they are doing in terms of who they are using and what attacks to give them (i saw a rhyperior that was using ice beam and a golem using flamethrower, as well as some other strange pokemon choices like moltres and dragonair), so it is good to be able to cover a large amount of types due to the early round randomness
Yeah, was planning to do something like this, Mence (interchangable with Chomp somewhat) and Milotic (Same kinda set as Starmie except Slower, Bulkier, less weaknesses and more SpA because I'd go modest) were 2 I was considering, Azelf is probably a good idea too.

i too was considering mence but i decided that i would keep chomp the whole way through

at the moment i am most likely going to have a lineup of: garchomp, porygon2, scizor/lucario and have azelf, gyarados and scizor/lucario as reserves.

if i can get lucario with extremespeed then that will take the 3rd spot of the team and scizor will be a reserve but im not sure if that is possible yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)