HP: 30
EN: 37
Boosts: +5 Def (decaying)

vs.​

Churi
HP: 40
EN: 22
Boosts: +3 Atk (decaying)
Okay, now that I have some earplugs, I'll be able to ref this battle a bit easier. These two Steel-types are still battling it out with all their hearts...and blades...and eyeballs.

Churi, despite being tired and beaten from lasting this long, is still eager for action, and rushes in for a Night Slash, which screeches across Meteor's hardened exterior. Meteor retaliates with another Iron Head, and the metal clanging picks up again, albeit with less harshness than before. Both of these Pokemon have been pretty worn out from all the fighting.

At this point, Meteor can't take any more, and has to stop for a moment to--oh, yeah, wait. Sucker Punch happens, but it completely fails, because Meteor's intent this action was to Chill to restore some much-needed energy. I would say that there's an intense staredown going on, but when you're a floating metal eyeball, everything is a staredown, isn't it?

Instead of finishing Meteor off, Churi seems to want to build up offenses for the future, by performing an invigorating Swords Dance. Churi's blades have dulled a little since the previous rounds, but now, they should be back up to near-maximum sharpness. Meteor uses this time to perform a rather hefty combination move--the Super Iron Head! Meteor's body begins spinning incredibly fast, then propels itself forward into Churi in a metal headbutt of extreme force. Churi flies back, hits the ground, and stumbles upon getting up.

action 1
Churi used Night Slash, -5 energy, crit fails, deals 7 (BAP + 3 (STAB) + 4.5 (Atk) - 6 (Def) *2 (SE) - 4 (Boosts) = 13 damage to Meteor
Meteor used Iron Head, -18 energy, crit fails, deals 8 (BAP) + 3 (STAB) + 3 (Atk) - 4.5 (Def) *.67 (NVE) = 6 damage to Churi

action 2
Churi used Sucker Punch, -6 energy, but the move fails
Meteor used Chill, +12 energy

action 3
Churi used Swords Dance, -7 energy, +2 Atk
Meteor used Super Iron Head, -28 energy, deals 18 (BAP) + 3 (STAB) + 3 (Atk) - 4.5 (Def) * .67 (NVE) = 13 damage to Churi

-End Round 6-

Meteor
HP: 17
EN: 3
Boosts: +4 Def (decaying)

vs.

Churi
HP: 21

EN: 4
Boosts: +5 Atk (locked)

Both of these Pokemon have fought for an unbelievable amount of time, and both of them are near collapsing from exhaustion. I have a feeling that neither of these Pokemon will go down without the other one going with it... GX Prodigy orders first next round, then Saleem S follows up.​

It is 3v3 Singles, you will send out Dragoon next.
Iron Caliber, remember stealth rock damage on Dragoon.
you can edit the stealth rock damage on Meteor now, its pointless anyway.

Churi:
Chill
Chill
Swords Dance

I completely spaced out on this battle for a while, sorry guys. Stealth Rock damage should be correct now, though it didn't change anything. Also, using a combo on the last action of a round forces a cooldown on A1, so I'll just push GX Prodigy's orders back to save time.

-Round 7-

Meteor
HP: 8
EN: 3
Boosts: +4 Def (decaying)

vs.

Churi
HP: 21
EN: 4
Boosts: +5 Atk (decaying)
The battle between these two Steel-types has been long and bloody, or, rather, scratchy, because I'm pretty sure Beldums don't have blood. Either way, it's coming to an end this round, one way or another.

Churi is looking out for himself this time around, and uses this brief respite to chill and restore some energy. Meteor finds itself so incredibly exhausted after its combo last round that it has to take a moment to re-stabilize its...floating...sensors, I don't know, either way, it's a floating metal eyeball that now has its bearings again.

A second chill comes out from Churi this time; it seems that he's trying to get any chance he can to get back into the fight. Meteor, however, seems hellbent on ending it--even if it means ending itself. It crashes into Churi one last time, in a fateful Take Down, and in doing so, lands some damage, but at the cost of the rest of its energy. Too tired to move, the little eyeball clatters to the ground, to enter...sleep mode? I don't know.

action 1
Churi uses Chill, +12 energy
Meteor combo cooldown

action 2
Churi uses Chill, +12 energy
Meteor used Take Down, hits, - 8 energy, crit fails, deals 10 (BAP) + 3 (Atk) - 4.5 (Def) *.67 (NVE) = 6 damage to Churi, Meteor takes 2 recoil, faints from exhaustion

To make things move along, I'll send out GX Prodigy's last Pokemon, Dragoon, and apply SR damage.

-End Round 7-

Dragoon
HP: 88
EN: 100
Boosts: None

vs.

Churi
HP: 15
EN: 28
Boosts: +4 Atk (decaying)
Saleem S orders first next round.

Churi:
Dual Chop
Dual Chop
Dodge(action)

If Dragoon is ordered to use Damaging Fire Type moves, use Dig that action instead and push actions back each time. [Consider this substitution Only twice]
If Dragoon is ordered to use counter, use Thunder Wave on the first instance, Power Up Punch on the second instance and (Dual Chop+Dual Chop) Combo on the third instance, pushing actions back each time.

Last edited:
-Round 8-

Dragoon
HP: 88

vs.

Churi
HP: 15
EN: 28
Boosts: +4 Atk (decaying)
Looks like we're about to get back on track with some new action! Up to the plate is Dragoon, the Goomy, who is currently gumming up the floor. Can this final switch-in take down Churi, who has almost entirely swept this team? Only time can tell!

It seems Churi has a move for every matchup, as it leaps into the fray with a savage Dual Chop, cutting...? into Dragoon's...flesh? for decent super-effective damage. Dragoon realizes he's in danger and rapidly vibrates (I hope he doesn't spill...) to create two images of himself using Double Team! Now Churi is going to need to be more careful if he wants to hit again.

Speaking of hitting again, Churi lunges forward after Dragoon's move for a second Dual Chop, hitting Dragoon square in the...clone. The goopy image disappears, and Churi is left there confused and disappointed. Dragoon takes this opportunity to jiggle around in a Rain Dance, which I have to say, as the referee, is very uncomfortable in this arena. At least Dragoon seems to be happy with all of the extra hydration. Get it? Hydration? No? Okay.

Expecting some kind of devastating counterattack, Churi Dodges to the side, but the crafty little knife Pokemon isn't as fast as he thought. When it comes down to it, he couldn't really dodge anything in the first place, due to his low Speed. Dragoon seems eager to capitalize on Churi's mistakes this round, as a botched dodge allows a nasty Dragon Breath follow-up! The arcane, draconic energy bursts from Dragoon's mouth and coats Churi in an energy-packed mist. When the breath clears, Churi finds it difficult to move, because he's paralyzed!

action 1
Churi used Dual Chop, -6 energy, hits twice, crit 1 fails, crit 2 fails, deals 4 (BAP) + 4.5 (Atk) - 3 (Def) *2 (SE) + 8 (Boosts) = 19 damage to Dragoon, second hit deals 4 (BAP) + 4.5 (Atk) - 3 (Def) *2 (SE) + 8 (Boosts) = 19 damage to Dragoon
Dragoon used Double Team (2), -8 energy, two clones

action 2
Churi used Dual Chop, -10 energy, hits a clone (<2, 3/3), crit 1 fails, crit 2 fails, clone dissipates
Dragoon used Rain Dance, -10 energy, it started to rain

action 3
Churi used Dodge, -5 energy, reduces incoming attacks accuracy by 40 (Base Dodge) + 12 (Speed difference) /5 -10 (-Speed Nature) = 0
Dragoon used Dragon Breath, -5 energy, crit fails, deals 6 (BAP) + 3 (STAB) + 4.5 (SpA) - 4.5 (SpD) *.67 (NVE) = 6 damage to Churi, Churi is now paralyzed (20%) (<30, 2/100)

Field Effects: Rain (3 more rounds)

-End Round 8-

Dragoon
HP: 50
EN: 77

vs.

Churi
HP: 9

EN: 7
This matchup looks like it's going to be drawing to a close, but how much damage can Churi dish out with all that extra attack power? Find out next time! GX Prodigy orders first next round, then Saleem S gets to follow up.

-Round 9-

Dragoon
EN: 77

vs.

Churi
HP: 9
EN: 7

I really have to say, Churi has come a long way. He's found himself against three separate Pokemon and has almost swept this entire game. However, it doesn't look like the little guy is going to be moving much longer.

Dragoon prepares yet another Dragon Breath, but Churi cuts in with his signature Sucker Punch...and hits the last clone Dragoon had left over from his Double Team the previous round. The Dragon Breath goes off and hits Churi for some more resisted damage.

Just when Dragoon thought he was in the clear, Churi comes out with another Sucker Punch anticipating the Dragon Breath, but is fully paralyzed in the process. And to top it all off, that was the last of his energy! What a very non-eventful round.

action 1
Churi uses Sucker Punch, -5 energy, hits a clone (1/2)
Dragoon uses Dragon Breath, -9 energy, crit fails (15/16), deals 6 (BAP) + 3 (STAB) + 4.5 (SpA) - 4.5 (SpD) *.67 (NVE) = 6 damage to Churi

action 2
Churi uses Sucker Punch, -9 energy, is fully paralyzed, KOd from exhaustion

Dragoon
EN: 68

vs.

Churi
HP: A
EN: Well
Boosts: Rest
Saleem S sends out his next Pokemon, then orders first next round.

sending out Akbar with Exp Share

Megahorn
Megahorn
Megahorn

If Double Team clones up when you would act, Aerial Ace that action instead.
If Acid Armor, use Infestation the first time, Struggle Bug the second time and Bug Buzz the third time.

Last edited:
-Round 10-

Dragoon
EN: 68

vs.

Akbar
HP: 90
Imagine a world where I wasn't working overtime in retail this week. Then there would be flavor here.
action 1
Karrablast used Megahorn, -7 energy, hits (<85, 50/100), crit fails (13/16), deals 12 (BAP) + 3 (STAB) + 4.5 (Atk) - 3 (Def) = 16.5 damage to Goomy
Goomy used Counter, -14 energy, Goomy counters for 24.75 damage

action 2
Karrablast used Megahorn, -11 energy, hits (10/100), crit fails (3/16), deals 12 (BAP) + 3 (STAB) + 4.5 (Atk) - 3 (Def) = 16.5 damage to Goomy
Goomy used Counter, -18 energy, Goomy counters for 24.75 damage

action 3
Karrablast used Megahorn, -15 energy, hits (55/100), crit fails (16/16), deals 12 (BAP) + 3 (STAB) + 4.5 (Atk) - 3 (Def) = 16.5 damage to Goomy, Goomy fainted
Goomy is pretty dead

Dragoon
HP: Counter
EN: Wasn't
Boosts: Enough

vs.

Akbar
HP: 40
EN: 67
It's been a long ride, folks. I'm sure you've all moved on with your lives by now. Many will remember the legacy of Churi, the Counterpicker, but mostly everyone will just forget about it because it's just a 3v3 singles.

I get 10 UC for reffing.

GX Prodigy gets 2 CC.
Saleem S gets 3 CC (Amulet Coin bonus).

Bro, the Sucker Punch'd, gets 1 EC, AC, and 2 MC.
Meteor, the Also Sucker Punch'd, gets 1 EC, AC, and 2 MC.
Dragoon, the Counterer, gets 1 EC, AC, KOC, and 2 MC.

Churi, Destroyer of Worlds, gets 1 EC, AC, 2 MC, and 2 KOC.
Akbar, the "Only Around for One Turn", gets 1 EC, AC, KOC, and 3 MC (Exp. Share bonus).
Magesh, the "Who even is this?" gets 1 EC, AC, and 2 MC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)