4th Gen (Need some Advice)

This is a complete team. I need some advice, however, because this team's performance isn't as clean as I would like it to be. I would like to play this team in OU, but it seems that my self-imposed restrictions (UU + 4th Gen only) seem to be a bit harsh in trying to compete in the new weather dominated 5th gen meta-game.

Edit: Clarification. This is a team of 4th Gen Pokemon that plays in the 5th Gen UU(OU) metagame.

The general idea is Paralysis to support a late-game Machamp "sweep".

Roserade @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

Keep calm and set some spikes. I feel like it could contribute more with Sleep Powder though. But my team needs some physical bulk and the current set gives it some sustain. May trade Sludge Bomb for Toxic to give it more of a stall-feeling to it.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish

I'm very happy with Umbreon. It holds my team together. Synchronize will make opponents think twice about spreading status. Wish is awesome and very much necessary, especially since none of my Pokemon (except Porygon2) have natural recovery and I like abusing Substitute. However, I'm kind of at a loss to do when the omnipresent Close Combat is threatened. I don't have a particularly good resist to fighting.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Late-game duelist. He's quite effective, especially given Paralysis support from Togekiss and Porygon2. What is immune to Toxic is usually weak to DynamicPunch, so they go well together. Stone Edge is just a strong move that benefits from No Guard. It's also possible to bring him to threaten something, sub down, and react accordingly.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 HP / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed

Standard Arcanine. Extremespeed is a useful priority to have. Though the current way I'm playing him, I'm trying to dent as many things as possible so Machamp can pull off his late-game. However, Arcanine just doesn't survive long enough. Though it does quite a bit of damage. Fantastic coverage though.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Usually my lead. While the opposing lead is busy with rocks and things like that, I like to Thunder Wave, sub down, and get some popcorn. I've forgone Roost because it's better to heal through Leftovers. 4 turns of Parahax translates to 24% (you can usually expect to get 4 as the paraflinch rate is 80%), which is non-trivial. Togekiss has a knack for forcing switches and you substitute on the switch. You can usually sub down reliably. It provides cover to buy a turn with Thunder Wave. Baton passing a substitute to Machamp and/or Typhlosion provides some wonderful support.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

3 Offensive Suicune. Rest-talk Suicune seems to wall me in completely. It's doing an OK job. I may want to dump all the EVs into Defence because I don't have a lot of grip on the physical end of the spectrum. I need something that has access to Ice Beam to check various threats, but also I need to stop Heracross, which just wrecks this team. Probably Swampert when I work him in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)