4TH Gen OU Team (Because there's no better title)

Behold the mess that currently is my OU 4th Gen Team!

Blazisbetter (Infernape) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Vacuum Wave
- Overheat

With Infern I start with a Stealth Rock, not caring whether or not what the type match up is because of my focus sash preventing that OHKO. The only time I would care is if there's a weather condition like hail that deals damage. If all goes well I should have rocks up and if they havent attacked I'll either switch out our drop down to 1HP and Endeavor and then proceed to Vacuum Wave if possible to ensure that kill.

Hailey (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Wonderful synergy with my lead infernape because I can get out rocks and drop there lead as well. He hits like a truck and can clear the majority of there team. When all else fails I can rely on him to sweep like a boss and hit like a truck. The Life Orb helps him with that as well because he just take care of any problems. I don't see anything wrong with this thing. Love it :D.

Sweet (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

(Currently Testing)

Cell (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 38 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

(Currently Working On)

BamBam (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 176 SAtk / 30 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Crunch
- Flamethrower

This is a sub TTar, it's awesome. You sub, if they don't break it throw a Focus Punch, or Crunch, or Flame, and proceed to do what you like from there. Generally if there's ever a grass poke, I swap, sub, then flame, usually takes them out no problem. He's also my counter Physcic with Crunch.

XD (Rotom-H) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

(Working On)

Also, I change Infernape and Glaceon as starters depending on what I feel like doing, both seem to work fine.
Note this is 4th gen and I will only be playing other 4th gen so I don't need to worry about any of the newer poke's.

All help and criticism is appreciated. :D
Thanks in advance,
-Kerez

For Mamoswine
Hailey (Glaceon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Cloak
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

For Rotom-H
Spintowin (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Illuminate
EVs: 252 HP / 6 SDef / 252 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

For Celebi
CuteNFurry (Shaymin) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 70 SAtk / 188 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Dark]

For Suicune
Frissy (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Dark]

Lanturn (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 64 SDef / 148 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Heal Bell

Octillery (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 SAtk / 255 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Gorebyss (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs:
Hardy Nature
- Agility
- Surf
- Baton Pass
- Aqua Ring

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
Hardy Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

I think you should run Mamoswine over Glaceon, as Mamo is a POWER HOUSE, and can help your team take down many threats.

@

Adamant / Jolly Nature
Snow Cloak Ability
EV: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moves:
~ Ice Shard
~ Icicle Crash
~ EQ
~ Stone Edge

Hope I helped ! :)

Personally i wouldnt use mamo NOR glaceon outside of hail.
Inside hail they both are beasts.

As you said you probably have problems with bulky things , you might want to get a wallbreaker on your team.
A salamance takes that job perfectly (i believe latios does too but he's a legend) .
Salamance with life orb , naive nature , life orb , roost + fire blast (for steel types) + draco meteor (for all walls that arent steel) + earthquake.
This gives almost perfect coverage.
Also other then breaking walls it can sweep a whole team if the oponent doesnt have anything faster.

I think I'll go with Mamoswine because for the pure fact that Salamace is an Uber and the Group I play with doesn't like ubers...also what Item is that on mam (Life Orb NVM)? And what's EQ (EarthQuake Right?)?

I think I'll go with Mamoswine because for the pure fact that Salamace is an Uber and the Group I play with doesn't like ubers...also what Item is that on mam? And what's EQ?
True forgive me , i'm into 5th gen , forgot it was uber in 4th :D
EQ = earthquake yes.
And he adviced life orb on the mamo.
Mamo isnt too fast so you might like scarf over life orb but that is for you to decide.

True forgive me , i'm into 5th gen , forgot it was uber in 4th :D
EQ = earthquake yes.
And he adviced life orb on the mamo.
Mamo isnt too fast so you might like scarf over life orb but that is for you to decide.
It's fine. I think I'll go with Life Orb because I like that Extra Attack DMG and I can have the ability to switch moves.

Just a little note, Icicle Crash is 5th gen, and if this is a 4th gen team, Mamo shouldn't have it. You can replace it with Superpower, if you like. :)

Just a little note, Icicle Crash is 5th gen, and if this is a 4th gen team, Mamo shouldn't have it. You can replace it with Superpower, if you like. :)
Yeah superpower is a nice addition but dont forget that you will have to switch out after doing it.

But you'll still have priority, Ice Shard. I was saying to take out Icicle Crash if this is meant to be a 4th gen team.

Yeah, I now realize my mistake. I thought I was dropping the priority move. He's still a truck :D. Thanks.

Wowee what the hell do you do against Breloom? For argument's sake let's just say Infernape dies in the first few turns of the match because well that's what it tends to do. Blissey, Shaymin and Starmie can't do a thing to Breloom, while Mamoswine and Tyranitar die if they switch into a Sub. None of this even takes into account that it can just blindly Spore something, get a free Sub up, and kill _anything_ on your team. I see no reason why you shouldn't use Celebi in Shaymin's place. Once something takes the Spore (preferably Infernape!), you can just go to Celebi and wall it senselessly since Focus Punch and Seed Bomb will do absolutely nothing if you use a Bold nature. Celebi helps with other Fighting-types, most notably Machamp, who you've mentioned is a big pain to face. Run HP Fire so you can do something to it, which will also help with.........

SCIZOR, who also happens to walk all over your team. Three Bug weaknesses and a ton of opportunities to come in mean you're pretty screwed if you run into one. I guess you could run Rotom-H over Starmie. You're not particularly weak to entry hazards since there's a good chance you can kill Skarmory / Forretress early on with Tyranitar. It wouldn't be a bad idea to run Scarf Rotom-H since you're really weak to Jolly Lucario, and it also checks Gyarados the same way that Starmie did. Another option would be to run Zapdos in Starmie's place. It deals a lot better with CB Scizor since you can Roost off damage so you can repeatedly switch in. They're pretty similar, so it really boils down to preference.

You might be better off running the standard Fake Out / Overheat / Close Combat / Stealth Rock set on Infernape. Sash leads are still really common, and Fake Out deals with them a lot better than Mach Punch because you can also run Close Combat to hit good old Aerodactyl and such. It's also a better late game wallbreaker if you can keep it alive. Off the top of my head I can only think of Endeavour being useful against Swampert leads, who are promptly handled by Shaymin/Celebi anyways.

EDIT: DA SETS!!!!

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

You can also try a more defensive Rotom-H. Something like Bold 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe with Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp / Overheat with Leftovers will help a lot more when coming into U-turns. You could even try Rest / Sleep Talk / Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp. Just try them out and find which you like best.

Wowee what the hell do you do against Breloom? For argument's sake let's just say Infernape dies in the first few turns of the match because well that's what it tends to do. Blissey, Shaymin and Starmie can't do a thing to Breloom, while Mamoswine and Tyranitar die if they switch into a Sub. None of this even takes into account that it can just blindly Spore something, get a free Sub up, and kill _anything_ on your team. I see no reason why you shouldn't use Celebi in Shaymin's place. Once something takes the Spore (preferably Infernape!), you can just go to Celebi and wall it senselessly since Focus Punch and Seed Bomb will do absolutely nothing if you use a Bold nature. Celebi helps with other Fighting-types, most notably Machamp, who you've mentioned is a big pain to face. Run HP Fire so you can do something to it, which will also help with.........

SCIZOR, who also happens to walk all over your team. Three Bug weaknesses and a ton of opportunities to come in mean you're pretty screwed if you run into one. I guess you could run Rotom-H over Starmie. You're not particularly weak to entry hazards since there's a good chance you can kill Skarmory / Forretress early on with Tyranitar. It wouldn't be a bad idea to run Scarf Rotom-H since you're really weak to Jolly Lucario, and it also checks Gyarados the same way that Starmie did. Another option would be to run Zapdos in Starmie's place. It deals a lot better with CB Scizor since you can Roost off damage so you can repeatedly switch in. They're pretty similar, so it really boils down to preference.

You might be better off running the standard Fake Out / Overheat / Close Combat / Stealth Rock set on Infernape. Sash leads are still really common, and Fake Out deals with them a lot better than Mach Punch because you can also run Close Combat to hit good old Aerodactyl and such. It's also a better late game wallbreaker if you can keep it alive. Off the top of my head I can only think of Endeavour being useful against Swampert leads, who are promptly handled by Shaymin/Celebi anyways.
Thank you so much for all of your help. I'm terrible at spotting stuff like that. Also, if you could PLEASE show me movesets and EVs for the pokes you suggested, it would help super amounts.

With the whole Celebi swap for Shaymin I totally see how that would be better. I have noticed that Scizor does walk over my team quite a bit. I think I'll go H-Rotom in place of Starmie because I've just seen it so good in the matches I've played against it so far. The Endeavour works GREAT against most leads that try and OHKO but I might go ahead and change the move set of Infernape just so I can take out those damn Chanseys. You seem like a total expert so if there's anything else at all you could help me even ways to battle it'd be totally awesome.

Thanks in advance,
-Kerez

(Update) Changed out the two pokes, thanks for the help. I went for the more offensive Rotom because I felt like I had to much defense already. Thanks.

Blissey seems really out of place, as this is an offensive team based on abusing momentum but Bliss just slows down the pace and gives free switches to alot of Pokemon that less defensive teams have trouble handling - for instance, Lucario and Infernape (incidentally, your team is very weak to them since your only check is a Pursuit-weak choiced Pokemon). An offensive Suicune would make a great replacement, because you lack a bulky water [a staple on almost every successful team] and Cune fixes this. Furthermore, it synergizes well with your other team members, it checks Lucario / Infernape, and it is very good at seizing momentum for your team between its bulk and hard-hitting attacks.

Suicune @ Leftovers | Timid | EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind | Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Hidden Power [Electric]

Good luck with your team!

A salamance takes that job perfectly (i believe latios does too but he's a legend) .
Salamance with life orb , naive nature , life orb , roost + fire blast (for steel types) + draco meteor (for all walls that arent steel) + earthquake. This gives almost perfect coverage. I can take out those damn Chanseys. You seem like a total expert so if there's anything else at all you could help me even ways to battle it'd be totally awesome.

Hey, For starter's, I can see a Lead dragonite weakness within your team, with your lead Infernape you could Run Hp Ice over endeavor; On Celebi,

name: Defensive
move 1: Grass Knot
move 2: Hidden Power Fire
move 3: Thunder Wave
move 4: Recover
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe

other then that nice team

Really sorry that I have no time for a proper rate, hopefully I can stop in later. Just wanted to point out that you have a major Substitute Gengar weakness, which OHKO's nearly your entire team after a bit of residual damage.

Raikou, especially the recently more common CM + Shadow Ball + Aura Sphere variant could also be really dangerous, as could Zapdos.

Like I said, hopefully I can make some suggestions later. Good luck :)

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Write up them descriptions for the pokemon you added. I'll give you some time since you're gonna have to test etc, but get it done as soon as possible. Thanks, also just piping in to say I echo everything that iconic said.

Sub Gengar and CM Raikou do seem like pretty big threats to your team. Scarf-ed TTar with EQ and Pursuit/Crunch could do a job countering/checking both of them. And if you run Stone Edge, that would help any Zapdos problems you might have, but I think between Mamo and Suicune, Zapdos isn't too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)