5th Gen Contact Items

Rocky helmet is very useful on Ferrothorn, as it and leech seed combined will make any Pokemon that makes contact with it lose nearly 1/3 of the health. Red card also seems like a potent way to deal with some set-up sweepers.

Electivire got trolled

One nice application I've seen for Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn is a pseudo-spin blocker; anything hitting it with Rapid Spin takes 29% damage, and if the user faints as a result hazards won't be removed. It's like Spiker Froslass, but with actually decent stats and typing.
...is there any particular reason you exactly copied one of my earlier posts? >_>

edit: nvm, just looked at his other posts and signature. blatant spambot really

Couldn't you also use the Eject Button on predicted physical hit? For example, Regenerator Tangrowth + Eject Button, where you switch in Tangrowth on a predicted physical hit to give you essentially a free switch?

Couldn't you also use the Eject Button on predicted physical hit? For example, Regenerator Tangrowth + Eject Button, where you switch in Tangrowth on a predicted physical hit to give you essentially a free switch?
The Eject Button works on all hits not just Physical ones that use of the Eject Button is rather gimmicky but what more can you expect from such an item. One use of the Eject Button is in doubles where you have a fast intimidate user hitting, getting hit by an attack so it can intimidate 1 more time and provide a free switch.

I loved using Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn in-game, so in competitive battles, it makes it a pseudo-spin blocker, taking a good quarter of health off of a spinner, possibly knocking said spinner out and protecting the Stealth Rocks/T-Spikes/Spikes. Iron Barbs is such an awesome ability. But unfortunately, Ferrothorn will somewhat miss the recovery from Lefties, although nothing barring Fire moves and extremely powerful Fighting moves really dent the durian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)