5th Gen OU Team

This is a team I put together soon after B/W came out in the US, just give your honest opinion about it.

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
Modest Nature(+ SAtk, - Atk)
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-Volt Switch

With compound eyes, thunder has 91% accuracy, so it hits almost all the time. Bug Buzz is a strong STAB move, and energy ball hits ground types like swampert hard. Volt switch allows it to switch away from shadow tag chandelure and do damage while it's at it. The life orb is for some extra power to be sure it KOs its foes since it's pretty fragile and won't be taking hits well anyway.

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 174 HP/ 252 Def/ 84 SDef
Relaxed Nature(+ Def, - Spd)
-Curse
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip

The strategy with ferrothorn is to simply set up SR, then curse to raise its power and defense, while also lowering speed, making gyro ball much more powerful. Power whip is there for coverage. and the shed shell allows it to switch out of shadow tag.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP/78 SAtk/180 SDef
Calm Nature(+SDef, -Atk)
-Scald
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Recover

It's always nice to disable your opponent's moves with cursed body, and in my opinion is a much better choice than water absorb. Scald is great for burning and gets STAB, shadow ball is a strong STAB move, ice beam hits any dragon type hard, and recover is obviously for healing. This is mainly a counter to ferrothorn counters and vice versa.

Togekiss @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 158 HP/ 146 SAtk/ 146 SDef/ 60 Def
Calm Nature(+ SDef, - Atk)
-Air Slash
-Magic Coat
-Encore
-Thunder Wave

The king's rock, serene grace, and air slash's high flinch rate makes for a good luck hax strategy, but that's not what is does best. What it does best is counter Whimsicott , encore boosters into switching, and provide support by paralyzing with thunder wave.

Krookodile @ Shell Bell
Ability:Intimidate
EVs: 136 HP/116 Atk/96 Def/ 162 Spd
Adamant Nature(+ Atk, - SAtk)
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Bulk Up

This set works pretty well in physical against physical situations. 162 speed lets it outrun most chandelures. Intimidate for some initial bulk, and the shell bell is for restoring some of the HP it's gonna lose. Dragon claw is for hitting dragon types in the weak spot for massive damage. The basic strategy for this set is to use bulk up to get the defense and attack nice and high, then go and murder everything in sight.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability:Blaze
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly Nature(+ Spd, - SAtk)
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Thunderpunch
-Close Combat

I would have iron fist as my ability, but dream world infernape hasn't come around at time of writing, so until then, I'm stuck with blaze(although it really doesn't matter that much, since iron fist only benefits thunderpunch). The jolly nature lets it outrun hydreigon. The simple strategy here is to choose your strongest attack, kill something, and if your opponent sends in a counter, switch.

Please leave constructive comments about my team that I could use to improve it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)