5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Quick Question about Everstones. Do they just pass on the nature, or do they also pass on the ability? I'm shooting for Jolly and Adamant, Mold Breaker Kibagos. My parent with the everstone happens to have Rivalry, and so far, searching through frames 1-21 each time the everstone activates the offspring has Rivalry too. I just need to know if I need to go back and catch a Mold Breaker Parent with the right nature to get the right nature + the ability I want, or if I've just been unlucky so far (happens). I remember reading something about needing a female parent with an everstone with a dream world ability to pass on a dream world ability. I don't know if something has changed this gen or something.

Quick Question about Everstones. Do they just pass on the nature, or do they also pass on the ability? I'm shooting for Jolly and Adamant, Mold Breaker Kibagos. My parent with the everstone happens to have Rivalry, and so far, searching through frames 1-21 each time the everstone activates the offspring has Rivalry too. I just need to know if I need to go back and catch a Mold Breaker Parent with the right nature to get the right nature + the ability I want, or if I've just been unlucky so far (happens). I remember reading something about needing a female parent with an everstone with a dream world ability to pass on a dream world ability. I don't know if something has changed this gen or something.
I'm not really sure if that affects the ability of the offspring. But you can try attaching a different power item. It will give you a different result. In my experience it worked for me. :)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm not really sure if that affects the ability of the offspring. But you can try attaching a different power item. It will give you a different result. In my experience it worked for me. :)
Thanks. I'll try that. I appreciate it.
When you RNG abuse with the C-Gear, can you RNG also Dream World Pokemon, specifically the one's in High Link?
Yeah, that's honestly all I'd ever use CGear for.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I had asked if the everstone forced the ability as well as the nature of the offspring. Had I checked the parents I would have seen this wasn't the case. My parent had Mold Breaker. And 12 game saves happens to = mold breaker any way (the one frigging number of saves I HADN'T checked). It was just that out of the first 20 or so PID/Inheritances with an Everstone, that 12 or so of them all had Rivalry. Just unlucky is all. The everstone does NOT 100% force the ability.

I had asked if the everstone forced the ability as well as the nature of the offspring. Had I checked the parents I would have seen this wasn't the case. My parent had Mold Breaker. And 12 game saves happens to = mold breaker any way (the one frigging number of saves I HADN'T checked). It was just that out of the first 20 or so PID/Inheritances with an Everstone, that 12 or so of them all had Rivalry. Just unlucky is all. The everstone does NOT 100% force the ability.
Yes, it doesn't. Have you tried what I told you to? Are you using a power item? If yes, what power item were you using when you bred your kibagos?

EDIT: I guess you already got it. :P

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Oh, no power item. Basically:

1) I put good parents in, one with an everstone and the right nature, bike till I get an egg, then save inside the daycare in front of the computer with 4 mons in my party.
2) Restart the game and hit this MTIVRNG seed: 3f7e3677 which gives 31 / 30 / 31 / 5 / 30 / 31 base egg IVs at frame 684.
3) I then advance my IV Frame adjusting for eggs with 96 drag and drops at the computer and walking 128 steps with 4 mons in my party inside the daycare.
4) Then, depending on what IVs/Nature/Ability I want, I save a certain number of times. I've found that these number of saves = these exact eggs 100% of the time:
2) Everstone, Ability 1, 31 / 31 / 31 / 5 / 30 / 31
3) Everstone, Ability 1, 31 / 30 / 31 / i / 31 / 31
12) Everstone, Ability 2, 31 / 31 / 31 / 5 / 30 / 31

There are some other frames that give other good eggs too.

5) I just walk out the door and SPAM LEFT AND A LIKE CRAZY to get the egg as fast as possible.

I then save before I hatch it because, so far, I've gotten the same exact egg with the same exact number of saves 90% of the time. The only times I get a different (usually 1 frame higher) egg is when I accept the egg noticably late (watching the spinning mons, they automatically reset at the exact same location every time you walk out the door), but that doesn't happen too often, and usually i just shut the game off so as not to waste an egg.

It's surprisingly consistent.

Now for more chain breeding (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay). Breeding a random Lepardas with a ditto to get a good mommy Lepardas to pair with this 4th Gen houndoom to get Foul Play. (hoooray for multiple breeding drudgery!!!)

I try on C-Gear method, But when I click generate. It's gave delay about 65284

That number is too high. did I do something wrong?

My MAC address is EC00F2

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Where did you get that C-Gear seed? Certain seeds are unhittable at reasonable delays due to the MAC address. So using someone else's seeds won't be beneficial.

Delay can go higher than that, it actually goes all the way to the 4 billion, and then loops back to zero. The reason you see those high numbers as it's a relic from how RNG Reporter considers seeds to be valid or not from gen 4 (Delay<FFFF).

You did nothing wrong, use Time Finder to find your own good spreads. You are pretty much guaranteed any spread in the first 50 frames on one seed.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I try on C-Gear method, But when I click generate. It's gave delay about 65284

That number is too high. did I do something wrong?

My MAC address is EC00F2
You put in 0 as your seed. You need to put in the seed you're looking for to use it.

Thank you, look like I misstake that skip that first step. This is my first time that do RNG.

Now, I get time and delay. To his my seed, I need to turn on C-gear exact time that it is tell after I turn the game, right?

Correct. Assuming your using a 2-stage timer, activate C-Gear when the second timer runs out. Remember to activate it in the game world.

Is step 2a is necessary? After I read, It's look like that you check you get correct seed or not?

Step 2a is
Turn on game -> wait until reach delay/time in second of that seed -> turn on C-gear -> encounter pokemon immediately(No delay anymore at here) right?

It's only necessary if you want to test your delay for adjustments. The current RNG reporter does not look at IVs past 10 places on a seed. If you look at gen 5 seeds, the second IV of frame 1 becomes the first IV of frame 2, and so on, but Search IVs only looks at the first ten IVs of a seed. So if you advance your frames by walking, you could make it impossible for the Search IVs function to work.

I want to ask a thing: It says to soft reset at target time (non c gear) so what this target time is?
also: is the non c gear seed generated when i say "yes" to access the game after the "no"?
and how i get a shiny?because if i tick shiny only,it doesn't generate anything

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I want to ask a thing: It says to soft reset at target time (non c gear) so what this target time is?
also: is the non c gear seed generated when i say "yes" to access the game after the "no"?
and how i get a shiny?because if i tick shiny only,it doesn't generate anything
I've already told you. Wait until RNG Reporter 9.0 comes out. You cannot do anything about non-C-Gear seeds and shinies until then.

I'm still confuse how exactly how to do step 2a

Time = Time that we turn on/soft reset game right? If time is 04:58:59, is it mean that I must start game at nearly 5 o'clock?

Delay = Is it a time between start game to met wild pokemon? I know that 60 delay = 1 second but how can we get that number exactly? also with C-Gear is it mean that I need to turn on C-Gear before met wild pokemon?

In the fifth generation of Pokémon, the IVs are determined by a separate RNG instead of along with the PID, which determines nature, gender, ability, and shininess. This means that there is no longer a relationship between IVs and PID. This implies that there is no longer an IV restriction on natures, so any nature can now have any combination of IVs!
For me it is up side and down side, Up side is it is mean that we can get Perfect IV on any nature but down side it is mean that hacker can hack IV without worry that will be detect legallity.

Use zomgtimer. It helps you hit your time and delay that RNG reporter tells you. Yes, turn on C-Gear (when timer ends) before meeting wild Pokemon. I suggest you start with a seed that starts you off at frame 3, since all you need to do is meet a wild Pokemon without needing to advance the frame.

Before you leave the house and trigger the event that brings the roamer. However, you must use a non c-gear seed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)