5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the answers. n.n

So the Iv frame doesn´t increase? As a long I land on my seed correctly and I start the fight with Latios, the Ivs will be correct or im missing something? That´s why you suggest to find a correct Iv spread at frame 1?

Sorry if all of this sounds dumb, but its my first time RNGing stationary legends at Black 2 using a DSi.
The IV frame advances by walking 128 steps, the amount of frames advanced is directly related with how much 'mons you have in your party (ex. you have 4 'mons in your party and you walk 128 steps, then your IV frame advances from 1 to 5). I don't recommend you to use that method, specially when you're just RNGing your first stationary 'mon.

Correct, the IVs will be correct by just hitting the right seed.

IV frame doesnt increase unless you somehow saved right before the end of 1 cycle of the step counter. Use a repel just in case.
Oh, so RNGing legends shouldn´t be hard, thanks for the help guys n.n

Edit:

I just got my Latios 31-x-31-31-31-31. It was so easy to do, thank you very much for your help guys.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I have a really small and probably easy question:
How do i know which frame i hit when breeding/encoutering pokémon on Pokemon Emerald?
In the guide on site it says:
With your Pokémon's IVs calculated, take note of its nature, and find which frame it resides on.
So yeah that's all i wanted to ask :)

So I have a problem...
I'm trying to figure out the parameters for my DSi w/ Black Version, but with the most recent RNGReporter I get no results- I have entered everything correctly, the pokemon I Sweet-Scented was a level 57 Golduck, everything was done right. Any suggestions?

So I have a problem...
I'm trying to figure out the parameters for my DSi w/ Black Version, but with the most recent RNGReporter I get no results- I have entered everything correctly, the pokemon I Sweet-Scented was a level 57 Golduck, everything was done right. Any suggestions?
Go catch another and make sure you entered all the right parameters.

Ummm.. All of them. Not sure why but they seem to be giving me so much trouble, even though realistically they only add one more step to the process.
EDIT: Pretty sure the Timer0 is my real problem, really starting to doubt that RNG is even worth it with XY breeding the way it is.
EDIT 2: And right after saying that, Flawless Riolu pops up.. yay I did it... sigh.

Last edited:

Albus

The Triumphant
Is there a practical way to advance the IV frame from 1 to 10 without completely messing up my PIDRNG advances?

Not sure if I was supposed to ask this on here or in the Simple Questions thread. I'll post here too, just in case.

I'm familiar with RNGing in HGSS, BW and BW2 (sort of, but I forgot all of my parameters a year ago when I received a new laptop (forgot to back-up). Trying to RNG everything in Black 2 since I have yet to catch any of the legendary Pokemon. What is the best place to find my parameters in Black/White 2?

Not sure if I was supposed to ask this on here or in the Simple Questions thread. I'll post here too, just in case.

I'm familiar with RNGing in HGSS, BW and BW2 (sort of, but I forgot all of my parameters a year ago when I received a new laptop (forgot to back-up). Trying to RNG everything in Black 2 since I have yet to catch any of the legendary Pokemon. What is the best place to find my parameters in Black/White 2?
Unova link.

Ummm.. All of them. Not sure why but they seem to be giving me so much trouble, even though realistically they only add one more step to the process.
EDIT: Pretty sure the Timer0 is my real problem, really starting to doubt that RNG is even worth it with XY breeding the way it is.
EDIT 2: And right after saying that, Flawless Riolu pops up.. yay I did it... sigh.

I used Rng only for shiny and hp really otherwise with destiny knott xy is pretty easy to get the right iv and more egg moves onto a single poke..

hi, i just realized i can't transfer my stuff from genIV to genV without beating the E4 first so turned on my old DS and found out i saved in front of Zekrom. Is there a way to RNG Zekrom on N's castle? If not what should I do to not obtain a crappy Zerkom and still be able to beat the game? (Forgot how much i hated gen V)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hi, i just realized i can't transfer my stuff from genIV to genV without beating the E4 first so turned on my old DS and found out i saved in front of Zekrom. Is there a way to RNG Zekrom on N's castle? If not what should I do to not obtain a crappy Zerkom and still be able to beat the game? (Forgot how much i hated gen V)
It's the same as any other stationary abuse in Gen 5, except it can't be shiny.

Never new about this and found a video. Thank you so much :>
I forgot that PPRNG is a Mac-Only program. So it is possible to use Unova link for RNG Reporter? If not where is it best to catch a Poemon in White 2 so that I may find my parameters? I'm on Windows.

Agonist

I forgot that PPRNG is a Mac-Only program. So it is possible to use Unova link for RNG Reporter? If not where is it best to catch a Poemon in White 2 so that I may find my parameters? I'm on Windows.
Unova Link is Mac only atm. If you want to use a high leveled Pokemon, there are level 56 Amoonguss on Route 23 that work well. Otherwise, you can use Pokecheck to check the exact IVs; just make sure you know what time you used.

Unova Link is Mac only atm. If you want to use a high leveled Pokemon, there are level 56 Amoonguss on Route 23 that work well. Otherwise, you can use Pokecheck to check the exact IVs; just make sure you know what time you used.
Does Route 23 have non-walking NPCs? I should have been more specific in my previous post

Albus

The Triumphant
I'm having a problem trying to RNG a 31/31/30/30/31/2 Shiny Cacturne (Swarm Pokémon) on my B2 in my DS Lite. i do every step as usual (confirm my seed via Chatot cries, advance the IV frame from 1 to 4, blah blah blah) but, everytime i reach the Shiny frame, instead of getting a Cacturne, which i should be getting according to RNG Reporter, i end up getting a Encounter Slot 0 Skorupi, which i should be getting only if there isn't a Swarm present in that area. Is that a bug from the RNG Reporter similar to the one that shows certain shiny frames as Synchable but at the end not being Synchable? or am i missing something? I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 btw; Thanks in advance!

Seed: 95ACCDD5B2114E86
IV Frame: 4
Shiny Frame: 451
Timer0: 1105
Time: 03/14/00 - 07:31:37

Trying to PIDRNG for my first attempt. Using RNG reporter, I finally got a hit on a seed after using the parameter finder to tune in my clock, to find out if I was behind or ahead, and managed to match up my timer zero, and actually get a pokemon, On the seed, confirmed, and the initial pokemon from a Spam X in cave, was at Frame 63/ Target is at 98. How many frames before target do I use sweet scent? I've heard someone say 1 before? or 2 for PPRNG can anyone say?

Agonist

Does Route 23 have non-walking NPCs? I should have been more specific in my previous post
The second half doesn't, which is where the Amoonguss are (you might need Cut and Strength to get to them, though). But it doesn't really matter anyway, since WNPCs don't affect calibration.

Trying to PIDRNG for my first attempt. Using RNG reporter, I finally got a hit on a seed after using the parameter finder to tune in my clock, to find out if I was behind or ahead, and managed to match up my timer zero, and actually get a pokemon, On the seed, confirmed, and the initial pokemon from a Spam X in cave, was at Frame 63/ Target is at 98. How many frames before target do I use sweet scent? I've heard someone say 1 before? or 2 for PPRNG can anyone say?
If mashing X brought you to Frame 63 and your target is 98, than you would need to advance 35 (98-63) more frames

I'm having a problem trying to RNG a 31/31/30/30/31/2 Shiny Cacturne (Swarm Pokémon) on my B2 in my DS Lite. i do every step as usual (confirm my seed via Chatot cries, advance the IV frame from 1 to 4, blah blah blah) but, everytime i reach the Shiny frame, instead of getting a Cacturne, which i should be getting according to RNG Reporter, i end up getting a Encounter Slot 0 Skorupi, which i should be getting only if there isn't a Swarm present in that area. Is that a bug from the RNG Reporter similar to the one that shows certain shiny frames as Synchable but at the end not being Synchable? or am i missing something? I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 btw; Thanks in advance!

Seed: 95ACCDD5B2114E86
IV Frame: 4
Shiny Frame: 451
Timer0: 1105
Time: 03/14/00 - 07:31:37
Why are you advancing the IVRNG? I'm pretty sure that's completely unnecessary and is going to throw everything off every time. You should only be looking for IV frame 1 Pokes, then advance the PIDRNG from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)