5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hi, so I'm learning how to RNG and I was just wondering what happens if I routinely get two Timer0? When I'm doing the parameter search, half the time I get C7C and the other half I get C7D. The VCount and VFrame are consistent each time.

Should I just continue checking until I get one consistent Timer0?

edit: i'm using PPRNG 1.15.0

Hi, so I'm learning how to RNG and I was just wondering what happens if I routinely get two Timer0? When I'm doing the parameter search, half the time I get C7C and the other half I get C7D. The VCount and VFrame are consistent each time.

Should I just continue checking until I get one consistent Timer0?

edit: i'm using PPRNG 1.15.0
BW2? Personally there was always one that was more consistent than the other, so yeah keep trying and stick with the most consistent Timer0. Maybe do 8-10 reps if you don't mind the hassle.

BW2? Personally there was always one that was more consistent than the other, so yeah keep trying and stick with the most consistent Timer0. Maybe do 8-10 reps if you don't mind the hassle.
Will do. Thanks for answering quickly. It's on Black, if that changes anything

Last edited:
I was able to get C7C 5 more times while also getting C7D 4 more times. :/

So on the Min/Max part at the DS/Game Configuration, would I put C7C for both min/max values?

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I was able to get C7C 5 more times while getting C7D 3 more times.

So on the Min/Max part at the DS/Game Configuration, would I put C7C for both min/max values?
That would be the easiest thing to do, yeah, since seed searches would only use your most common Timer0. If you think you hit C7D often enough that trying to hit a seed that uses it is feasible, then you can put min/max as C7C/C7D. Just note that if you don't use your most common one, you're more likely to be "trolled" by getting the wrong Timer0.

That would be the easiest thing to do, yeah, since seed searches would only use your most common Timer0. If you think you hit C7D often enough that trying to hit a seed that uses it is feasible, then you can put min/max as C7C/C7D. Just note that if you don't use your most common one, you're more likely to be "trolled" by getting the wrong Timer0.
I feel as if I'm being trolled by my game because I tried doing TID/SID abuse earlier and when I did the ID Frame Search, no frame shows up unless I have C7C/C7D as min/max. And the opposite Timer0 would show up as that frame each time

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I feel as if I'm being trolled by my game because I tried doing TID/SID abuse earlier and when I did the ID Frame Search, no frame shows up unless I have C7C/C7D as min/max. And the opposite Timer0 would show up as that frame each time
Yeah sometimes it cooperates, others it trolls you to no end. There's nothing you can do except keep trying. Being consistent as to when you push A to booth the game from the DS menu helps, but there's no sure-fired way to control it. Good luck!

Hi, I was doing rng manipulation back in 2011 and I caught a bunch of shiny pokemon. I just got back into it with gen 6 and wanted to rng some more in gen 5 so I can transfer them to gen 6. I have lost my SID because for some reason I never wrote it down but I have the full seed info generated by the version of RNG Reporter released at the time(Somewhere between April 2011 and Nov 2012 if it matters) for one of the pokemon I caught shiny and my DS settings. Is there any way to backtrack my SID from this info or am I just SOL and have to play legit now?

Seed, FullSeed, Frame, Nearest Shiny, Encounter Slot, HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe, Hidden Power, Hidden Power Power, Date\Time, Timer0, KeyPress
3EDA9A2F, 3EDA9A2F248D78A4, 1, 40, 3, 31, 30, 30, 31, 31, 30, Electric, 70, 01/02/10 19:41:06, 3199, Select-Right-L

Version- White, Trainer ID- 16796
I'm using an old DS, MAC address 00 09 BF 8F 68 60, Vcount 60, Timer0 C7F, GxStat 6, VFrame 8.

Thanks in advance for looking, even if it's not possible.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm afraid I'm not sure how "nearest shiny" works in RNG Reporter, but if anyone can list what PID that corresponds to it's a quick calculation.

Alternatively, you can always just transfer any Pokémon (with the OT to check) up to Gen 6, and someone can check it for you there.

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
First off, welcome to Smogon! ^_^

It looks like "nearest shiny" meant the earliest PID frame a shiny appeared on for that seed. If that's the case, then the PID for frame 40 becomes shiny with a SID of 49192. So I guess try that for now and see how it goes :)

First off, welcome to Smogon! ^_^

It looks like "nearest shiny" meant the earliest PID frame a shiny appeared on for that seed. If that's the case, then the PID for frame 40 becomes shiny with a SID of 49192. So I guess try that for now and see how it goes :)
Thanks a ton, that's it! How did you get that? I tried everything I could think of before posting here, but everything in rng reporter seems to only go forward, requiring a SID to even generate seeds.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Thanks a ton, that's it! How did you get that? I tried everything I could think of before posting here, but everything in rng reporter seems to only go forward, requiring a SID to even generate seeds.
You're welcome! ^_^ I pulled the PID from the shiny frame in the RNG Reporter main window (i.e. frame 40), then essentially followed the steps here:
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/deducing_secret_id#calc

Using Pandora's Box to find a SID given your seed/TID/DS info was also an option (since it's the same process as RNGing your IDs to make a specific frame shiny).

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm having some trouble with Keldeo at the moment.

White2
DS Lite
Mac Address: 00214772E601
VCount: 82
Timer0: 10F3/10F4
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6

Got this seed, searched for gen 5 Wondercards;
C807D83FA08E09AB
03-08-16 18:11:51 Right + Y

I keep getting this Keldeo instead;
Bashful
Often dozes off.
166 - 82 - 107 - 134 - 100 - 120

I can't seem to find which Timer0 that even is. What am I doing wrong?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Haven't been able to turn up anything yet on my end, but make sure you have the right date/time set in your DS and are pushing the right keypresses (or don't have one that's being registered by your DS even when you don't push anything).

Seems like it might be Timer0 trolling, especially since this is BW2. If all else fails you could try a different seed.

edit: results match seed 60967E423DFA6AF5, frame 65 (63 in main window), 10F3...same date/time/keypresses. I'm guess it's wrong Timer0 + NPCs

Last edited:

Buckert

Buckert again, struggling with 5th gen Wondercards. I'll post here in stead of spamming shiny finders his profile. :p

I got my Pokémon Black game, on which I injected the Shiny Genesect Wondercard. No matter what I do, I never get the result I need. And when I'm trying to find where I'm actually at, I can't seem to find anything. So, a few questions;

- When in 5th gen Time Finder, which method do I use? Wondercard or GLAN Wondercard?
- When selecting advancements, does it matter how much I do? Currently I had min/max at 8, so I don't have to do any Chatters.
- When selecting IVs, can I leave Atk and Spe blank? These stats are set within the Wondercard, and are set to 31.
- When selecting nature, can I leave this blank? This is set to Hasty.
- Should I select the option "Always Shiny"?
- When I've found myself a seed, in the Main Window, which method should I use? Any other things I have to check?

Asking a lot of questions now because I just don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong here. Few days ago I asked about the Keldeo Wondercard in BW2, with which I found out that Wondercards start on frame 8, and that my Timer0 was screwing me. On Black, I hit my Timer0 99 out of 100 times, so that can't be the problem really.

Any help would be appreciated. ^^ If you need more information to answer all these questions, please let me know!

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
- Wondercard (GLAN = Gender Locked Any Nature, which doesn't apply to Genesect)
- Pick however many you're comfortable with. If you're in a Pokemon Center with wandering NPCs (which you shouldn't be), then you'd want it to be > 0.
- Still think you can leave them blank, since it'll overwrite whatever the seed gives you anyway.
- Again, think you can leave it blank.
(don't remember if the fixed stats/IVs will change anything [I don't think they do], but if you're worried they might you can set the IVs/Nature to match the Wondercard)
- Yes (otherwise the frames may be off by a couple)
- Wondercard (5th gen). Make sure you have the Memory Link/Roamer boxes checked if applicable and don't have the BW2 box checked.

Tbh, I'm not sure where that 8 frame offset is coming from. You can try to check adjacent Timer0s/times/frames in the Adjacent Seed Tool (Main Window > 5th Gen Tools > Adjacent Seed Tool) to see if you can find your results. Otherwise you can post the seed info and what you're getting here and I/someone will take a look. :)

Buckert again, struggling with 5th gen Wondercards. I'll post here in stead of spamming shiny finders his profile. :p

I got my Pokémon Black game, on which I injected the Shiny Genesect Wondercard. No matter what I do, I never get the result I need. And when I'm trying to find where I'm actually at, I can't seem to find anything. So, a few questions;

- When in 5th gen Time Finder, which method do I use? Wondercard or GLAN Wondercard?
- When selecting advancements, does it matter how much I do? Currently I had min/max at 8, so I don't have to do any Chatters.
- When selecting IVs, can I leave Atk and Spe blank? These stats are set within the Wondercard, and are set to 31.
- When selecting nature, can I leave this blank? This is set to Hasty.
- Should I select the option "Always Shiny"?
- When I've found myself a seed, in the Main Window, which method should I use? Any other things I have to check?

Asking a lot of questions now because I just don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong here. Few days ago I asked about the Keldeo Wondercard in BW2, with which I found out that Wondercards start on frame 8, and that my Timer0 was screwing me. On Black, I hit my Timer0 99 out of 100 times, so that can't be the problem really.

Any help would be appreciated. ^^ If you need more information to answer all these questions, please let me know!
- Wondercard (GLAN = Gender Locked Any Nature, which doesn't apply to Genesect)
- Pick however many you're comfortable with. If you're in a Pokemon Center with wandering NPCs (which you shouldn't be), then you'd want it to be > 0.
- Still think you can leave them blank, since it'll overwrite whatever the seed gives you anyway.
- Again, think you can leave it blank.
(don't remember if the fixed stats/IVs will change anything [I don't think they do], but if you're worried they might you can set the IVs/Nature to match the Wondercard)
- Yes (otherwise the frames may be off by a couple)
- Wondercard (5th gen). Make sure you have the Memory Link/Roamer boxes checked if applicable and don't have the BW2 box checked.

Tbh, I'm not sure where that 8 frame offset is coming from. You can try to check adjacent Timer0s/times/frames in the Adjacent Seed Tool (Main Window > 5th Gen Tools > Adjacent Seed Tool) to see if you can find your results. Otherwise you can post the seed info and what you're getting here and I/someone will take a look. :)
Set IVs don't overwrite, they shift, and iirc frame gets shifted a bit too. I don't remember how it gets shifted with that WC so have fun experimenting :)

Buckert

Set IVs don't overwrite, they shift, and iirc frame gets shifted a bit too. I don't remember how it gets shifted with that WC so have fun experimenting :)
So, I'm going to give this yet again another shot. What do you mean with 'shift' exactly? Should I search for a spread with 6*31?

Edit: When searching for a seed, I select Always Shiny. But, should I check that Shiny Only box?

Last edited:
The Movie Genesect is different from the other Pokémon events because of the fixed 31 IV in Attack and Speed.
If you are planning to abuse the red Genesect, you gotta compare the IVs of the frame you hit with the target frame and adjust it.
The fixed IVs will end up dropping the last two IVs of the frame and shift others to later IVs.
I'll try to do an example to make this thing more easy. So... if you have a frame that has the following IVs: 1/5/9/21/2/6, once time you've hit your target frame, you'll get a Genesect with the following IVs: 1/31/5/9/21/31.
If you guys want to RNG a hex flawless red Genesect, you have to search your spread leaving empty the SDef & Spe dialogue boxes beacause RNG Reporter doesn't know how to calculate the right frame for Wondercards with static traits.

Genesect is +6 while Mewtwo is +8.

Dream radar is currently not supported in Reporter
Is there any version that can do this? This must be the reason I can't calibrate with the Unova Link... right? Do I need to borrow a Mac and use PPRNG?

Basically a lot of questions asking to clarify what the status of me trying to calibrate and RNG abuse Dream Radar via Unova Link is. Thanks!

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there any version that can do this? This must be the reason I can't calibrate with the Unova Link... right? Do I need to borrow a Mac and use PPRNG?

Basically a lot of questions asking to clarify what the status of me trying to calibrate and RNG abuse Dream Radar via Unova Link is. Thanks!
PPRNG is definitely the easiest way to do Dream Radar RNG, but I did all of mine using RNGReporter by following this guide, written by NugetBridge user HeroOfTheWinds. Be aware though, it can take a very, very long time to find seeds with the right nature attached, and they can never be shiny.

PPRNG is definitely the easiest way to do Dream Radar RNG, but I did all of mine using RNGReporter by following this guide, written by NugetBridge user HeroOfTheWinds. Be aware though, it can take a very, very long time to find seeds with the right nature attached, and they can never be shiny.
The link to the calibration guide in this post is a dead link and that's the part I'm stuck on. I'll borrow my wife's macbook later and try PPRNG I guess. Thanks for trying. =)

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The link to the calibration guide in this post is a dead link and that's the part I'm stuck on. I'll borrow my wife's macbook later and try PPRNG I guess. Thanks for trying. =)
If I remember correctly (and I may well be wrong here, it was a while ago that I did it), you can calibrate the game much like you would for regular RNG - just stand in the grass, Sweet Scent, and determine it's IVs, then plug it into the 'DS Parameters Finder' on RNG Reporter to get your Timer0. See here for how to do that, if you are not familiar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)