5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So i found a shiny spread for a Wild pokmone

31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest
Frame 4 and Nearest Shiny 245

I know how to advance the frame, but what do I do with the Nearest Shiny number?

So i found a shiny spread for a Wild pokmone

31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest
Frame 4 and Nearest Shiny 245

I know how to advance the frame, but what do I do with the Nearest Shiny number?
You have to find out your starting PID frame after walking the 128 steps and then advance the PID to the shiny frame.

You have to find out your starting PID frame after walking the 128 steps and then advance the PID to the shiny frame.
Okay, so with the PID starting at 40-60 right off the bat...do we just guess on that? And if we don't find the shiny we want, is there a way to test the PID of the Pokemon that we did run into so we can determine how much to increase/decrease the PID?

I'm getting frustrated by this now. I've been able to hit perfect sets on Wilds before with no problem, but for some reason, I can't seem to hit them on eggs.

I have:
Rotom: 31/X/X/31/X/31 holding Power Bracer
Ditto (Timid): 31/31/31/31/31 holding an Everstone

The seed I try to hit is something like 31/X/31/31/31/31. One of them, for example, was 88089CCACE4299AF , on Frame 10.

In the case of this seed, I hit the seed, advance the frame by using the move 128 steps method with 2 Pokemon in my party, immediately pick up the egg and hatch it. I continually get the wrong IVs, and almost never get more than 2 IVs of 31. It tends to spit out something with perfect Speed and then one other random IV of 31, then presumably a crap IV from my Rotom and a set of 3 random ones.

And yes, I am doing keypress and hitting consistent times. I've managed to get the same Rotom twice so hitting seeds isn't really my problem.

So some questions:
When looking for an RNG seed on Time Finder, should I use Gift? And if so, what frame does that start on? I know eggs start on 8 but is that accounted for in Gift times?
Is the Power Item interfering?
What's the standard method for hitting seeds for eggs? I've searched the thread and haven't come up with anything particularly consistent that anyone has done.

How should I got about trying to catch a roamer like Thundarus? I want a Timid one, probably with HP Ice.
I haven't found much information on RNG abuse with regard to roamers
Which method on RNG reporter do I use to find a spread?
What frames should I aim for when finding my seed?
I've been using C-Gear to RNG for stationary legendaries, so will RNG abusing for the roamers be much different?

does sweet scent affect the frame for wild pokemon? it seems that everytime ive tried to RNG a wild pokemon i can never hit my targeted delay. im doing C-Gear by the way.

I need help again. I've just found a Standard Seed spread that has the IVs of 31/22/30/31/31/31. I've just hit my seed, and while I was about to check it's IVs for confirmation, it seems that the first three IVs (Hp, Attack, and Defense)are correct, having the 31/22/30 IVs, but the last 3 IVs (SpAtk, SpDf, Speed) have different IVs, having a 6-10/22-26/22-26 IVs. Why it's like that? I've always repeating hitting the seed to test it and I'm always getting the same IVs. Thanks! :)
If you're looking at calculated stats to determine IVs, maybe you have the wrong nature? The wrong nature could def. throw off some of your stats and make it look like your IVs are off.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks. Well I guess they'll be doing nothing to my PID frame, since they don't move/turn at all when I'm just walking. And, for advancing my PID frame I'm turning in place, so when doing that, those NPC's aren't moving. So, assuming they won't advance my PID would be normal I guess?
Again, I'm not sure whether they advance it. But if they don't, then yes, you can calculate it as normal.
Ah, thank you.

So for the main window, how would you find the shiny frame without checking the "Shiny Only" box? Is there something that gives it away in the generated results?
The !!! column (assuming you're using RNG Reporter) is that, unless I'm mistaken.

I'm more confused now.

How do you find what your PID is after walking? How do you check it?
Hit your seed, walk the 128, catch a Pokemon. Check its nature (also gender and ability if you want to). You should write this down on Notepad or something. Now do this process again, but this time before encountering a Pokemon, advance the PID by 1, either by saving or the Chatot method. Write down what you got again. Now repeat this process as many times as you want to. Then you enter the full seed in the main window of RNG Reporter and go to Method 5 PIDRNG. Try to find the sequence you got. I'd start looking after Frame 250.. which will sadly be over your Shiny frame. You're probably gonna have to find a seed with a higher shiny frame.

And oh, you have to make sure you hit your seed and are always walking the same direction. Also that there are no NPCs and that you don't have the C-gear on. Otherwise you won't get accurate results.

EDIT: it's recommended that you try to find your starting PID frame without using a Synch.

So the Nearest Shiny # (in his case, 245) is the Shiny PID frame?
yes

Okay, so with the PID starting at 40-60 right off the bat...do we just guess on that? And if we don't find the shiny we want, is there a way to test the PID of the Pokemon that we did run into so we can determine how much to increase/decrease the PID?
See my post to King. Also, the shiny frame (and every other frame) has an encounter slot. Meaning the same pokemon will always appear on that frame.

Guys, I've got some questions here...
1. Im trying to rng zekrom on N's room, can I use standard seed or c-gear seed is the only option?
2. Im using windows 7 x64, what timer do you recommend to use for c-gear timers? (pikatimer, eontimer, zomgtimer??)
3. How can I use chatot to advance the PID frame?
and 4. for thundurus, can I use standard or c-gear?

Thanks in advance!

I've noticed most of my starting PID frames are around 48-50. Is this coincidence or do they stay within a small range for each specific game?

Finally caught my shiny Axew also, IV's were on frame 1 and shiny PID on frame 60, easy.

hm...for all those who are missing their PID frames for eggs, I just got an idea for why you may be missing it. when you are mashing A and left of the D-pad, since turning does advance the PID frame, is it possible that you are hitting the exact frame inside the house, then when you leave it advancing the PID frame by 1 or 2 since you have to turn to collect the egg?

Hit your seed, walk the 128, catch a Pokemon. Check its nature (also gender and ability if you want to). You should write this down on Notepad or something. Now do this process again, but this time before encountering a Pokemon, advance the PID by 1, either by saving or the Chatot method. Write down what you got again. Now repeat this process as many times as you want to. Then you enter the full seed in the main window of RNG Reporter and go to Method 5 PIDRNG. Try to find the sequence you got. I'd start looking after Frame 250.. which will sadly be over your Shiny frame. You're probably gonna have to find a seed with a higher shiny frame.

And oh, you have to make sure you hit your seed and are always walking the same direction. Also that there are no NPCs and that you don't have the C-gear on. Otherwise you won't get accurate results.
So why would the sequence be over PID Frame 250? I thought most starting Frames were in the 40-60 range?

Thanks for the clarification on the Nearest Shiny #.

So why would the sequence be over PID Frame 250? I thought most starting Frames were in the 40-60 range?

Thanks for the clarification on the Nearest Shiny #.
It is, but unless your IV Frame is 1, you have to walk to advance to your IV Frame. And that also advances the PID frame.

Guys, I've got some questions here...
1. Im trying to rng zekrom on N's room, can I use standard seed or c-gear seed is the only option?
2. Im using windows 7 x64, what timer do you recommend to use for c-gear timers? (pikatimer, eontimer, zomgtimer??)
3. How can I use chatot to advance the PID frame?
and 4. for thundurus, can I use standard or c-gear?

Thanks in advance!
1. You can use Standard if you're on a regular DS or on a DS Lite.
2. Eontimer is fine
3. A Chatot with a recorded voice with the move Chatter advances the PID frame by 1 every time you go to its summary page.
4. Same as #1

...crap. I thought I found the seed I was looking for, but now that I think about it I might be screwed.

The frame is 8. The only way I can think of to hit this frame is to walk 128 steps 7 times with one Pokemon in my party, correct? But if I do this, I can only carry a Sweet Scenter or a Synchronizer, not both...and the nature I'm looking for(Quiet) has to be synchronized with this particular seed :(

Any suggestions, or am I screwed here?

I've noticed most of my starting PID frames are around 48-50. Is this coincidence or do they stay within a small range for each specific game?

Finally caught my shiny Axew also, IV's were on frame 1 and shiny PID on frame 60, easy.
Wow, that is fantastic luck. I'm still trying to find a seed with a nearby shiny frame. I'm sure my search parameters aren't helping (flawless legendary, min frame 1 and max frame 7, Shiny Max Frame 600). Any hints or suggestions for finding a flawless shiny legendary/stationary?

@OldSchoolNub - What about Honey as your Sweet Scent substitute?

Wow, that is fantastic luck. I'm still trying to find a seed with a nearby shiny frame. I'm sure my search parameters aren't helping (flawless legendary, min frame 1 and max frame 7, Shiny Max Frame 600). Any hints or suggestions for finding a flawless shiny legendary/stationary?

@OldSchoolNub - What about Honey as your Sweet Scent substitute?
That could work! Where can I find some in B/W? Bulbapedia doesn't mention any BW locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)