5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Could anyone help me? I need to know when to SAVE in order to RNG abuse a Thundurus.

EDIT:
Nevermind, unfortunately, I just realized that the only way for me to re-encounter him is with an AR in my DS, which I can't have for standard abuse, correct?

Could anyone help me? I need to know when to SAVE in order to RNG abuse a Thundurus.

EDIT:
Nevermind, unfortunately, I just realized that the only way for me to re-encounter him is with an AR in my DS, which I can't have for standard abuse, correct?
You can use the rebattle code to activate the event then save inside the house and do it without the AR.

I'm trying to RNG Terrakion using the non C-gear method.

My time for my IV spread is 15/20/2011 at 15:57:41, so I need to hit a at the nintendo DS start screen at 15:57:40 righht? My frame is 4, so I need to walk 128 steps with 3 PKM as well..However, I'm sure I've been doing the right procedures and still cannot hit my spread.

Any help?

Any help guys? I'm trying to RNG Terrakion..

My time for my IV spread is 15/20/2011 at 15:57:41, so I need to hit a at the nintendo DS start screen at 15:57:40 righht? My frame is 4, so I need to walk 128 steps with 3 PKM as well..However, I'm sure I've been doing the right procedures and still cannot hit my spread.
You might either be counting wrong, or your Timer0 just hates you.

Are you sure your Chatot has a recorded chatter? Chatot loses the recording after being placed in a box. You don't need to listen to the entire recording. You can flip through the summaries as fast as you want.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yes my chatots were placed in a box and I play with no sound so had no idea they werent playing their chatter.

Thanks heaps

If RNG Reporter's "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" feature tells me that my starting PIDRNG frame is 45, if I load the game in Twist Mountain (in one of the areas that has no randomly-moving NPCs), advance my IVRNG frame, and use Sweet Scent, the Pokémon I get will have a PIDRNG frame of 47, right?

If RNG Reporter's "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" feature tells me that my starting PIDRNG frame is 45, if I load the game in Twist Mountain (in one of the areas that has no randomly-moving NPCs), advance my IVRNG frame, and use Sweet Scent, the Pokémon I get will have a PIDRNG frame of 47, right?
No because your running inside the cave, therefore advancing the PID frame.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oops, just now saw that walking/turning advances my PIDRNG frame by 2. Looks like I'll have to recalculate.
You're going to have to do more than that. There's a step counter that advances the PIDRNG every 18 steps or so, and I think there's one more besides that.

I'm just going to tell you what I tell everyone else and say you should stick with frames that have an IVRNG frame of 1. At least until I get a Chatot listener in RNG Reporter, to keep track of what PIDRNG frame you are on.

You're going to have to do more than that. There's a step counter that advances the PIDRNG every 18 steps or so, and I think there's one more besides that.

I'm just going to tell you what I tell everyone else and say you should stick with frames that have an IVRNG frame of 1. At least until I get a Chatot listener in RNG Reporter, to keep track of what PIDRNG frame you are on.
According to this guide, the PIDRNG advances by 2 for every turn/step in an area with wild Pokémon. Does it ever advance in an area with no NPCs and no wild Pokémon (is this where the advancement every 18 steps you mentioned comes into play)? If it doesn't, then I've found a place in Twist Mountain that has no wild Pokémon or NPCs (enter from Icirrus City, follow the northern path to the doorway, go through it, proceed south, and exit the southern doorway), so I could advance my IVRNG frame there without advancing my PIDRNG, and let my last required step carry me through the doorway, where I can use Sweet Scent without having to walk first.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
According to this guide, the PIDRNG advances by 2 for every turn/step in an area with wild Pokémon. Does it ever advance in an area with no NPCs and no wild Pokémon (is this where the advancement every 18 steps you mentioned comes into play)? If it doesn't, then I've found a place in Twist Mountain that has no wild Pokémon or NPCs (enter from Icirrus City, follow the northern path to the doorway, go through it, proceed south, and exit the southern doorway), so I could advance my IVRNG frame there without advancing my PIDRNG, and let my last required step carry me through the doorway, where I can use Sweet Scent without having to walk first.
That 18-steps advancement still occurs even if you're in an area with no NPCs or wild Pokemon.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hold Up and left on the direction pad. It's 2 keypresses, UP and Left.
PPRNG treats each valid direction on the DPad as one key press, even if the diagonal directions are technically two keys being pressed. By doing this and only allowing one DPad key in any key combo, it avoids giving you invalid key combos like Up-Down.

/trivia

Question about RNG Tornadus (probably asked a million times, but whats a million and one)

So I'm under the understanding that to get the correct IV's for this guy that you must get your standard seed inside the lady's house before you meet.

The question is this. If I hit my seed inside the house walk outside meet Tornadus will his IV's match the seed I hit in the house or does the frame keep on moving while I walk up to him and what not.

Hopefully my question makes sense.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Question about RNG Tornadus (probably asked a million times, but whats a million and one)

So I'm under the understanding that to get the correct IV's for this guy that you must get your standard seed inside the lady's house before you meet.

The question is this. If I hit my seed inside the house walk outside meet Tornadus will his IV's match the seed I hit in the house or does the frame keep on moving while I walk up to him and what not.

Hopefully my question makes sense.
Steps done automatically by the game do not count towards the step counter. The IVs will match.

Perfect so when I walk to the grass to go and catch him his IVs will not have changed because its like talking to the roamer or encountering a wild pokemon right?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
-Found out how to hide things :)-
About the Missing No 0...
When plugged into Breeding BW, BW Internatioal, or Method 5 PIDRNG the seed with or without the 0 gives you the same result.

When plugged into Method 5 (Standard Seed) they produce different IVs
Repost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)