5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No, I mean I can't find shinys at all, I try everywhere to find shinys, with absolutly no IV specifications, but when I start the game and hit the right frame and all of that I still don't end up finding the shiny, eventhough I know the IVs are the exact same as what I am suposed to get.
Just because the ivs are right, it doesn't mean your pid is right. If your nature is wrong as well, that would tend to confirm that you're missing it. What pid frame are you trying to hit?

Just because the ivs are right, it doesn't mean your pid is right. If your nature is wrong as well, that would tend to confirm that you're missing it. What pid frame are you trying to hit?
Oh!! I thought that if I used encounter slots, that that would automatically search it for you. Ok I will give it a try.

Are you absolutely sure you have the right TID & SID combo?

And if you want encounter slots, here they are:
http://eggmove.com/encounterwhite.html
http://eggmove.com/encounterblack.html

They go 0-11, left to right. :p
Just check to see what number encounter slot that frame is, and check the encounter slots to see what pokemon will show up in whatever place you are RNGing in.
I know about the encounter tables, I just didn't quite get how to use them but now I do. But I am absolutly sure that I have the right that i have the right TID & SID combo, but IDK if the fact that my TID starts with 0 or something else is wrong. I got my sid by trading a random pokemon I caught to a friend who got my SID for me. He said he used Pokecheck to get it.

I know about the encounter tables, I just didn't quite get how to use them but now I do. But I am absolutly sure that I have the right that i have the right TID & SID combo, but IDK if the fact that my TID starts with 0 or something else is wrong. I got my sid by trading a random pokemon I caught to a friend who got my SID for me. He said he used Pokecheck to get it.
Can't help you with your SID problem (maybe ask someone else to check it for you) but it seems you don't understand how to manipulate the PIDRNG. Hitting your seed (IV Frame) does not guarantee that you'll get the right Pokemon (encounter slot), nature, shininess etc. All those things are controlled by a second RNG (PIDRNG) which you need manipulate via Chatot flips.

Video 1 | Video 2 | Video 3

Those should help you with wild Pokemon.

Hi I'm new to the forum and to RNG abuse so please try to go easy on me. I've been struggling to get this to work for two days. I've followed the guides here and watched bearsfan's video tutorials and I keep having the same issue.

My problem is in the Calibration step. I've followed the guide and how-to videos exactly. I know my mac address, I use black *english* version and play on a dslite. Got that down. Synced my ds to an external clock and started it at a precise time which I entered in the paramaters page.

I am saved directly in front of Kyurem so I load my game, throw a masterball, calculate his IV's and enter that info as well AND..... I get nothing. No results have been found for me, ever. I tried several times with Kyurem, many times just inside the Victory Road, caught a variety of high-level pokemon and entered their IVs and still I never get any results. I am sure I'm not holding down any buttons when I start the game. I'm really at a loss. >.<

I can provide exact dates, times, IVs and any other information that might be needed for anyone to show me what I'm doing wrong.

As far as what I'm trying to catch, I want a shiny Litwick.

Hi I'm new to the forum and to RNG abuse so please try to go easy on me. I've been struggling to get this to work for two days. I've followed the guides here and watched bearsfan's video tutorials and I keep having the same issue.

My problem is in the Calibration step. I've followed the guide and how-to videos exactly. I know my mac address, I use black *english* version and play on a dslite. Got that down. Synced my ds to an external clock and started it at a precise time which I entered in the paramaters page.

I am saved directly in front of Kyurem so I load my game, throw a masterball, calculate his IV's and enter that info as well AND..... I get nothing. No results have been found for me, ever. I tried several times with Kyurem, many times just inside the Victory Road, caught a variety of high-level pokemon and entered their IVs and still I never get any results. I am sure I'm not holding down any buttons when I start the game. I'm really at a loss. >.<

I can provide exact dates, times, IVs and any other information that might be needed for anyone to show me what I'm doing wrong.

As far as what I'm trying to catch, I want a shiny Litwick.
You don't need to sync your DS to an external clock. You can clearly see the time on the DS clock so just write down what time you press A to start up the game cartridge (pay careful attention to the seconds hand on the clock).
Make sure you are not turning on the c-gear and retry again. Use the Pokedex-IV checker in RNG reporter to check IVs.

You don't need to sync your DS to an external clock. You can clearly see the time on the DS clock so just write down what time you press A to start up the game cartridge (pay careful attention to the seconds hand on the clock).
Make sure you are not turning on the c-gear and retry again. Use the Pokedex-IV checker in RNG reporter to check IVs.

I see. I have actually been using my ds clock, though I saw nothing about NOT turning on the c-gear. I'll try again and see what's up. Thanks! :D

Can't help you with your SID problem (maybe ask someone else to check it for you) but it seems you don't understand how to manipulate the PIDRNG. Hitting your seed (IV Frame) does not guarantee that you'll get the right Pokemon (encounter slot), nature, shininess etc. All those things are controlled by a second RNG (PIDRNG) which you need manipulate via Chatot flips.

Video 1 | Video 2 | Video 3

Those should help you with wild Pokemon.
Oh! I thought that PIDRNGing was the same as hitting an IV Frame RNGing. Thanks :)

Is there anyone else out there that could help me get my SID?

Hello,

So my problem is finding my initial and target frame for natures. I am using the latest version of RNG reporter.

I am trying to capture a wild pokemon (cottonee).

Time finder:

Parameters:

I have successfully hit my target seed and it was bold female. After 1 chatter, it was naive male; after 2 chatter, it was brave male; after 3 chatters, it was a rash male.

The first three pokemon were cottonees, but the last one (after 3 chatters) it was a sewaddle. Not sure if that's important. I checked the IVs of the sewaddle and they were the targeted IVs. I have tested the methods a couple of times to confirm that the natures are the same.

My problem is I cant find that sequence of natures in the PIDRNG. Maybe because I'm not really doing it properly. This is what I had displayed while writing this post.

Hopefully somebody could help me. Thank you.

Hello,

So my problem is finding my initial and target frame for natures. I am using the latest version of RNG reporter.

I am trying to capture a wild pokemon (cottonee).

Time finder:

Parameters:

I have successfully hit my target seed and it was bold female. After 1 chatter, it was naive male; after 2 chatter, it was brave male; after 3 chatters, it was a rash male.

The first three pokemon were cottonees, but the last one (after 3 chatters) it was a sewaddle. Not sure if that's important. I checked the IVs of the sewaddle and they were the targeted IVs. I have tested the methods a couple of times to confirm that the natures are the same.

My problem is I cant find that sequence of natures in the PIDRNG. Maybe because I'm not really doing it properly. This is what I had displayed while writing this post.

Hopefully somebody could help me. Thank you.
Seems like you hit frame 60 after 3 views of Chatot's summary. Just take it from there. There's no reason to look for a sequence of natures. You have so much info to use (Encounter slot, nature, ability , gender etc) that you should be able to figure out what frame you're hitting after 1 try in most cases.

Hi everyone, I just have a question about RNG abuse the ID/SID. I have been following this guide http://www.scribd.com/doc/58256148/g5-rngguide-v01 to try to RNG ID/SID but no matter how I try, I could not get the TID that the RNG reporter shows me so I just hope that someone can help me to get this type of RNG abuse. I read the forum's guide but I could not really understand it.
Thanks in advanced
P/S: I'm trying to RNG a shiny starter btw

Seems like you hit frame 60 after 3 views of Chatot's summary. Just take it from there. There's no reason to look for a sequence of natures. You have so much info to use (Encounter slot, nature, ability , gender etc) that you should be able to figure out what frame you're hitting after 1 try in most cases.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I started with this

at frame 60, it seemed to make sense. Encounter slot 1 = sewaddle, it was a male with rash nature. I got there after 3 chatot summaries which meant my starting frame should be 57. I wanted to hit frame 65, so I needed to to advance the frame by 9.

I advanced the frame by 9, but I hit frame 67.
Then I tried to advance frame by 7, I hit frame 67 again. I tried again 2 times and got the same result.
Then I tried to advance the frame by 5, I hit frame 63.
Then I advanced the frame by 6, I got a lax sewaddle.

What exactly am I doing wrong?

^If you want a shiny just search for one in reporter. There's no easier way of figuring out what Seeds/PIDs will yield a shiny.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I started with this

at frame 60, it seemed to make sense. Encounter slot 1 = sewaddle, it was a male with rash nature. I got there after 3 chatot summaries which meant my starting frame should be 57. I wanted to hit frame 65, so I needed to to advance the frame by 9.

I advanced the frame by 9, but I hit frame 67.
Then I tried to advance frame by 7, I hit frame 67 again. I tried again 2 times and got the same result.
Then I tried to advance the frame by 5, I hit frame 63.
Then I advanced the frame by 6, I got a lax sewaddle.

What exactly am I doing wrong?
Are you checking the IVs each time to make sure you're actually hitting the seed?
Also 65-57=8. You needed to advance by 8 not 9.

^If you want a shiny just search for one in reporter. There's no easier way of figuring out what Seeds/PIDs will yield a shiny.

Are you checking the IVs each time to make sure you're actually hitting the seed?
Also 65-57=8. You needed to advance by 8 not 9.
For frame 8 I get a pidove, quiet nature (frame 66). IV seed was hit.

Advancement by 7 frames got me a cottonee with timid nature and infiltrator ability, IV seed was hit.

For frame 8 I get a pidove, quiet nature (frame 66). IV seed was hit.

Advancement by 7 frames got me a cottonee with timid nature and infiltrator ability, IV seed was hit.
The NPCs inside the forest are probably screwing you over. Try using Lostlorn Forest for a Cottonee.

for advace the IV frame the only way is with the steps?
You advance the IV frame by walking 128 steps, or by withdrawing a pokemon from the PC (Advances by 7). Also, while you're in a battle the IV frame advances rapidly; it's not reliable, but it's part of the answer to your question. :)

I'm completely lost. I was able to find my ds parameters but I'm trying to use timefinder and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, but once again I'm getting no results whatsoever.
I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing but I can't figure it out. Help would be appreciated greatly. :/

I'm completely lost. I was able to find my ds parameters but I'm trying to use timefinder and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, but once again I'm getting no results whatsoever.
I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing but I can't figure it out. Help would be appreciated greatly. :/
Can you post a snapshot of you time finder window to make sure you're doing everything right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)