5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Very good. Can you confirm which value you used to calculate advances required? Did you use the default (seems to be 28), or use the "calculate initial frame" tick box?
I use the default one, hit the seed and see what frame I got. Then, I use the frame I got to subtract the target frame to see how many advance that I need to do less.
For example: I use the default 28 and my target frame is 32 so I have to say no to prof. Juniper 4 times. Then, I will find the frame I hit (like Princess of Johto's guide said). The frame I hit is 33 but the frame I want to get is 32 so I subtract them. 33 - 32 = 1 so I will have to say no to Prof. Juniper 1 less advance. I start the game again but this time I say no to Prof. Juniper 3 times instead of 4 and that's how I got the ID I want.

I'm having some difficulty RNGing the TRU Event Zoroark and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything correctly. I'm using the Wondercard (5th Gen) setting in the time finder to find my seed. Once I find my seed I load the game at the correct time in a Pokemon center without NPCs, then I proceed to Chatot flip until I get to the correct value. However, on every single one of my tries, I've gotten an IV combo that doesn't show up anywhere in the list of possible outcomes.

After getting the wrong result so many times without any possible explanation that I can think of, I decided to do some testing. I tried receiving Zoroark without Chatot flipping. I expected to find the IVs of said Zoroark around frame 51, since RNG Reporter said that is the initial frame for my seed. However, the IVs I got didn't appear in any single seed within the generated list.

I repeated this process with a different seed and got the same mysterious results. The IVs of Zoroark didn't correspond at all to the generated values.

Some other data that may be of interest in solving this problem: The Zoroark I receive always says that it was received on 9/12/2011, regardless of what my DS date is. I find this odd because the giveaway itself didn't start until 9/18/2011.

Second, I have no problems RNGing via both standard and C-gear methods (though the inherited IVs in daycare are always opposite of what RNG reporter says they will be. If RNG Reporter says the IV comes from the mother, it will always come from the father. I'
ve been able to work around this thusfar though).

Third, I'm using an original DS with a retail English White cartridge and the latest (9.9) version of RNG Reporter. I use an action replay solely for cloning, but thusfar it hasn't screwed up anything in my game or caused any problems with RNGing.

Any help as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated. I'm truly perplexed and I hope I can figure this out in time to RNG the Victini in the upcoming giveaway.

Thanks

Hi! I think that is a problem with the new version of RNGReporter (9.90).

First of all, look at these captures in version 9.81

I RNGed a shiny Terrakion following this spread without problem.

Well. What is the problem? That if I choose the same Parameters, the same Target Time, the same IV's range... definately ALL the same in version 9.90, and press Generate, any spread appear in field.

This is an error in the new version? (I only tested this with "Spanish version").

Edit: sorry, my English is very bad lol.

I have the same problem like AdroMaster. When searching for Gen 5 Standard Seeds with Reporter 9.9 I get completely different results than with 9.81, using the same adjustments. And they don't work. I'm using a black German version.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
9.91 released, which fixes the bugs encountered by Hazey, AdroMaster and Kokoromori

- Improved: 5th Gen Nearby Shiny search now skips frames 1-39 to save time as they are impossible to reach
- Improved: Researcher window now clears when closed
- Improved: Fixed-Gender Wondercard renamed to UNGL (Unlocked Nature Gender Locked) Wondercard
- Improved: DPPt Egg PID renamed Gen 4 Egg PID
- Fixed: Menu item reads "Display Characteristics in Search" instead of "Display Parents in Search" when using Method 5 PIDRNG
- Fixed: a bug in which Time Finder was treating all searches as having the DSi type
- Fixed: a bug in which Nearby Shiny searches searched beyond the max frame
- Fixed: Time Finder now correctly calculates 3DS seeds for hours > 12
- Fixed: Simple Seed Generator now correctly calculates DSi\3DS seeds

9.91 released, which fixes the bugs encountered by Hazey, AdroMaster and Kokoromori

- Improved: 5th Gen Nearby Shiny search now skips frames 1-39 to save time as they are impossible to reach
- Improved: Researcher window now clears when closed
- Improved: Fixed-Gender Wondercard renamed to UNGL (Unlocked Nature Gender Locked) Wondercard
- Improved: DPPt Egg PID renamed Gen 4 Egg PID
- Fixed: Menu item reads "Display Characteristics in Search" instead of "Display Parents in Search" when using Method 5 PIDRNG
- Fixed: a bug in which Time Finder was treating all searches as having the DSi type
- Fixed: a bug in which Nearby Shiny searches searched beyond the max frame
- Fixed: Time Finder now correctly calculates 3DS seeds for hours > 12
- Fixed: Simple Seed Generator now correctly calculates DSi\3DS seeds
Oh wow, that was quick! Thank you. So far, I have been able to use 9.90 but I am glad a fix for the issues encountered by the above has been released so quickly.

Okay, I concede that it's probably something that I'm doing wrong, but I can't get my DSi calibrated. I have correctly entered the MAC address, DS type, and game version. I have gone to an NPC/water free room in Victory Road. I have marked the exact second I start the game, I do not hit any buttons during the game loading, I spam A when N's castle appears, I do not load C-gear, I stop pressing buttons until the season appears, press A, then spam X, Sweet Scent, catch, calculate IVs. The search never yields any seeds. Thoughts?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I concede that it's probably something that I'm doing wrong, but I can't get my DSi calibrated. I have correctly entered the MAC address, DS type, and game version. I have gone to an NPC/water free room in Victory Road. I have marked the exact second I start the game, I do not hit any buttons during the game loading, I spam A when N's castle appears, I do not load C-gear, I stop pressing buttons until the season appears, press A, then spam X, Sweet Scent, catch, calculate IVs. The search never yields any seeds. Thoughts?
You press A when the season appears to make that screen disappear? Try waiting till the season disappears, then proceed as normal.

You're using the same time, correct? And you're synching your time to an external clock, correct? When you encounter a Poke, is it usually the same one?
I haven't been using the same time, I've been updating the time in the RNG reporter. They are usually the same pokemon. I'll go a few times with the same time.

And I'm synched, yes, I'm positive the time is what I'm entering.

Edit:I have used the same time 3 times now and have found the same level, gender, and species of pokemon each time. The last two were the exact same pokemon, down to the IVs, and still no seed.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
can you defog in this? or do you have to catch kyurem to get rid of the fog?

i want to learn how to get shiny near maxed pokemon before i catch him
No, neither of those will do it.

1. Go to the Giant Chasm and save.
2. Restart your DS, change the clock to a different month (a different season, more specifically).
3. Battle something.
4. When you finish the battle, the fog will be gone until after the next encounter. Save again, and do your RNGing.

Code:
[I]if[/I]         {{  u32*100>>32  }} < 40
   [I]then[/I]    return active swarm, and still consume ESV
   [I]else[/I]    calculate ESV, standard Pokemon (not swarm)

Swarm Level Range: (15 thru 55)

0	Initial
1	Sync
2	Swarm
3	ESV
4	Level
5	PID
6	Nature
So if I go to Researcher, enter the seed,
Custom 1 = 32 Bit High * 100
Custom 2 = Custom 1 >> 32
If I find a value for Custom 2 that is under 40 on a frame, will it result in a Swarm Pokémon? Am I doing it right?

So I have just started RNGing and stuff in 5th gen and I have been breeding flawless shinies and I noticed that they all have the same PID even though they are a different pokemon with different natures, is that bad? Should I not enter VGC with them together in my team with the same PID?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So I have just started RNGing and stuff in 5th gen and I have been breeding flawless shinies and I noticed that they all have the same PID even though they are a different pokemon with different natures, is that bad? Should I not enter VGC with them together in my team with the same PID?
If you bred them all with the same seed then they'll have the same PID. Theyre still perfectly legit though.

Having the same issue. I've tried for the past two nights and no luck, I'm probably doing something wrong though. I'm calibrating the same way that I did with the DS phat which gave me no trouble.

Should update with the system: US DSi (white) and White Version US.

So when your Timer0 is acting up, is it only for that specific seed or does it suddenly change for your entire game? Also does the get rid of weather trick work in the Giant Chasm?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Code:
[I]if[/I]         {{  u32*100>>32  }} < 40
   [I]then[/I]    return active swarm, and still consume ESV
   [I]else[/I]    calculate ESV, standard Pokemon (not swarm)

Swarm Level Range: (15 thru 55)

0	Initial
1	Sync
2	Swarm
3	ESV
4	Level
5	PID
6	Nature
So if I go to Researcher, enter the seed,
Custom 1 = 32 Bit High * 100
Custom 2 = Custom 1 >> 32
If I find a value for Custom 2 that is under 40 on a frame, will it result in a Swarm Pokémon?
Am I doing it right?
Yes, so long as your target PID is there. Here's a little shortcut so you can see if your target PID will be a swarm or not:

Let's figure out swarm as a function of PID [Swarm(PID)]. First start off by reversing the order so that you can get researcher to predict Swarm for a given PID.

Code:
6 Nature
[U]5 PID
4 ESV
3 Level
2 Swarm[/U]
1 Sync
0 Initial
Since we only care about calls 5 through 2, it becomes easier.

Code:
Custom 1: High32   +  0	   [U]PID[/U] [Hex Checked]
Custom 2: Prev 1   +  0	   [U]Level[/U]
Custom 3: Prev 2   +  0	   [U]ESV[/U]
Custom 4: Prev 3   *  100  Swarm(A)
Custom 5: Custom 4 >> 32   [U]Swarm[/U](B)
Then collapse the columns for Custom #'s 2-4. You'll have 2 columns, PID and Swarm Decision.

If the Swarm Decision is 0-39 for your desired PID, it's a swarm encounter.

Is there a realistic way of getting good IVs for my starter?
I know how to find a low-frame seed for IVs and then PID for the rest of the game, then abuse for IDs, but this won't give you the starter with those IVs.
I've tried putting the seed from Pandora's Box into the main window and looking at frame 1 for the IVs, however, that's VERY time consuming to find good ones, and could take hours.
So I guess my question is, can I in some way search in bulk all these seeds from Pandora's Box, and see which one has good IVs on Frame 1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 15)