5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

encounter slot

im having troubles using encounter slots to catch specfic pokemon with the specfic ivs i want. what im doing is trying to catch a solrock(encounter slot 5) on i hit my initial seed do the sweet sent but a different pokemon apprears. ive tried doing this also in well spring cave but the same thing happens a diffeent pokemon appears.

I know how to hit initial seeds as i have sucessfully rng'ed a maxed terrakion one frame one before so how does catching wild pokemon differ? what im i doing wrong?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
im having troubles using encounter slots to catch specfic pokemon with the specfic ivs i want. what im doing is trying to catch a solrock(encounter slot 5) on i hit my initial seed do the sweet sent but a different pokemon apprears. ive tried doing this also in well spring cave but the same thing happens a diffeent pokemon appears.

I know how to hit initial seeds as i have sucessfully rng'ed a maxed terrakion one frame one before so how does catching wild pokemon differ? what im i doing wrong?
Encounter slots are controlled by the PIDRNG, you have to advance it using Chatot.

I am using RNG Reporter 9.92 BETA.
I am attempting to abuse my ID/SID.

My DS Parameters are:
MAC Address: 001F3205B350
Version: White (English)
Type: DS Lite
V Count: 60
V Frame: 6
Timer0: C7E-C7F

My Timer0 fluctuates between C7E and C7F. I am trying to get an ID using C7E. (ID: 55555/SID: 26814)

Is the generation of the Timer0 value random when I start the game? Can I attempt to hit the IV Frame repeatedly until the Timer0 value is C7E? Out of three tries it has been C7F every time, so I wanted to verify before continuing.
Well, you should have picked an ID seed that has a timer0 of C7F because you hit that more often (I'm assuming), but if you keep trying you should eventually get C7E.

Edit: Apparently, the person I quoted deleted their post xD

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Problem.

Disregard the "Method 5 Standard Seed" in Pic 1. It was generated from Method 5 PIDRNG.

When using time finder to find a seed to RNG the upcoming event Victini what's the between using the gift Pokemon option under Method 5 and Wondercard option?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
When using time finder to find a seed to RNG the upcoming event Victini what's the between using the gift Pokemon option under Method 5 and Wondercard option?
Gift is for in-game pokemon and Wondercards is for events

Wondercards is more akin to 4th Gen RNG as the PID and IVs are locked together.
Gift is standard

So how exactly do you Wondercard RNG then? I am looking at the guide and searching for seeds now but I am a little confused.
To advance the frames do I chatter or walk a bunch of steps to get to it?
Also do you have to find a seed with the nature you want on that frame or can you change it?
And finally why do you have to start searching at frame 55?
Thanks
btw 100th post

So how exactly do you Wondercard RNG then? I am looking at the guide and searching for seeds now but I am a little confused.
To advance the frames do I chatter or walk a bunch of steps to get to it?
Also do you have to find a seed with the nature you want on that frame or can you change it?
And finally why do you have to start searching at frame 55?
Thanks
btw 100th post
You use chatots to advance the PIDRNG. 55 is the minimum starting frame the spreads are generated on.

EDIT: Someone else should chime in on the 55 frame part.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The RNG guide mentions that the starting frame for 5th gen wondercards Pokemon start at 55. How one deduced that the starting frame is there is a mystery to me.

BW guide on Wondercards
Numbers displayed in pictures don't mean a thing unless specifically mentioned in the guide text. The starting frame for any 5th Gen wondercard is whatever is determined by "Calculate Initial PIDRNG frame".

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean. 55 is the suggested starting frame for searches, because not every seed starts on the same frame. If you get a result, you actually have to go back and use "Calculate Initial PIDRNG frame" for the corresponding seed.

Everytime I try to find my seed for anything, it goes to the 3rd gen shiny egg tab.
My friend Alex is having this same issue -- every time he searches for a seed in Time Finder for a 5th gen shiny egg (when he hits generate) it switches to the third gen shiny egg tab. What should he do?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My friend Alex is having this same issue -- every time he searches for a seed in Time Finder for a 5th gen shiny egg (when he hits generate) it switches to the third gen shiny egg tab. What should he do?
Send a screenshot. I'm not having the same issue, so I'd like to see what he sees.

Tell him to fill out ALL his DS Parameters. It's supposed to switch to the parameters tab if you haven't completely filled them out, but it looks like it's taking people to the 3rd gen tab instead.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
OD, if I were to go for a shadow spot swanna/prevo, what encounter type would I choose?
I think there might've been some research done a while back, but Swanna\Ducklett spots were never included in RNG Reporter. Not really a high priority.

Send a screenshot. I'm not having the same issue, so I'd like to see what he sees.

Tell him to fill out ALL his DS Parameters. It's supposed to switch to the parameters tab if you haven't completely filled them out, but it looks like it's taking people to the 3rd gen tab instead.
Thank you, he got it sorted now =)

Using RNG Reporter 9.92 BETA, catching wild Pokémon in Victory Road 1F, MAC Address 0009BFC8569E.

While I can still manage to RNG just fine, I kept finding that the characteristics weren't what was expected, e.g. hexa-flawless (14B11BA65B1BC2F7, frame 1 of the MTIVRNG) Pokémon having "Mischievous" when they were expected to have "Capable of taking hits" or "Often dozes off" when they were expected to have "Mischievous" (14B11BA65B1BC2F7, frames 50 and 61 of the PIDRNG respectively, wild Pokémon, no synchronizer). The IVs were correct, so the correct frame was hit.

They seem to be correct for the expected PIDs, so does this mean I happened to get wildly different PIDs from what I was expecting that just happened to have the expected natures, genders, and distance from one another (Rash/Impish, F/F (for 50%F), 11 frames apart)?

Alternatively, is there something weird about Victory Road 1F?

Also, does getting the wrong Timer0 throw off the initial PIDRNG frame too? I kept finding that the number of advances to hit frame 61 with the wrong Timer0 kept hitting frame 50 with the correct Timer0.

(In case anyone just worked out that what I was aiming for was an Impish Deino, it's for breeding purposes and the other parent has the nature I want.)

So.. to find my DS's parameters, save somewhere, hard reset the game, then check the IVs of the first thing I catch?

Also, are normal trainers that don't move considered wandering NPCs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)